OOC: Posting guidelines

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

OOC: Posting guidelines

Post by BenTheRat »

Hey guys, I wanted to set some posting guidelines now that we have started. Its really pretty easy, I just type what I want, then go back select the areas that need formating, and push the buttons, it puts in all the code stuff for me.

Names should be bolded: Ben The Rat

Any talking should be Blue: He said, "hello"

Written text should be italics: The book had the words "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" written in blood.

Then use the buttons for any OOC text, question, comment you want to throw in or are unsure of.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: OOC: Posting guidelines

Post by BenTheRat »

Making skill and stat checks
When I ask you to make a skill check, then roll a 1d100 on invisible castle and post the result in your thread.
To pass you must roll your current skill value or less. So if you have a Library use of 45 then a 01-45 is a pass and a 46+ is a failure.
If you roll 1/5 of your skill so in this case 01-09, then you have a critical success. So you may find more than I planned on giving you, or find it really quickly. In the case of combat you have done a impale, and do double damage.
If you roll extremely high, 99-00, then you have committed a fumble. In combat you might fall on your face, lose your weapon, shoot your teammate etc.. In library use, you might tear a fragile document and they ban you, to setting the place on fire.
there might also be + or - modifiers to help or hurt you. Ie. You are standing over the unconcsious man with a knife. You have a few bonuses to stab the man. You just won't know what those are. Simply roll and I tell you what happens.
For Stat checks, they work the same as a skill check. But to get the target number multiply your stat by 5. So if you have a con of 11, you have a 55% chance to pass a con check.
The same will aplly to any skill checks, and there may or maynot have modifiers.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”