Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Date: March 22, 1921, 6:00 PM

As you awake you feel fine and things look normal in the house.

Re: IC: Ch 7a: Into the House +1

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"What the...."
Warren thinking:   Illusion, a goddamed illusion, seemed real enough though.  
I feel a tickle in my throat, I want to cough.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:49 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Propping the front door open and running to Warren's side, "You okay there big guy?" As Jordie looks over to see the rest of the disorientated group, all looking like they've run through hell and back.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:49 pm
by Silver Priest
"Damn ghost. Seems like it has a few tricks up its sleeve." Michael slowly gets to his feet, still smelling faint traces of smoke. "Much obliged ma'am. Even if that was an illusion, It felt damn real enough to kill us."

"Their looked to be a fire. Everything was burning, I and some of the others were overcome by smoke... but it was all fake. That doesn't matter now. What does matter is keeping that front door open at all times. Let's keep that prop in there."

He turns to look at the others, catching his breath. "The way I see it, the house did not pull out the big trick until we tried to enter that locked door. I think we need to see what's behind it."

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Thanks sweets, prettyist looking cavalry I ever saw but arrived in the nick of time" I grin at Jordie although I'm not sure whether I want to grin or be sick.
Warren thinking:   this house is beginning to piss me off.  
I nod at Michael's suggestion, "Yeah I get the feeling someone or something really doesnt want us to open that door, so lets open the damn thing anyway. But..." again I smile at Jordie, "Like the man said make sure the front door stays open"

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:54 pm
by DetectiveSocks
A puzzled look runs across Jordie's face. She glances between the distressed gang and the door, as if they were hanging on by a thread so long as the door is opened, it seemed to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Though, the moon is about to roll by pretty soon, and Jordie had a feeling madness would fall on this house.

"So are we still staying here? Or should I fetch Harrison over?" As Jordie helps Warren get up on his feet.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:33 am
by BenTheRat
You do notice a phone in the living room.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 am
by Papa Gateau
Yeah man, tha's what i was thinking Sonny wheezes as he gets to his feet. "Everytime we go near that door, things get weird. It looks like the more interested we are the wierder and more scary they get! he coughs a few times, expelling imaginary smoke from his scorched lungs.

"I say we get a sledgehammer so that we can smash the door open if we can't open the lock. I really don't want to spend too much time in here no more but we gots to find out what's behind that door"

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:08 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard rolls over and sits up on the floor with his back against the wall, turns and takes in a deep calming breath to calm his nerves as the realization that this was not real sets in. He then looks to the others and says "So you all saw fire to then? It just wasn't playing on our own internal fears?"

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Oh I saw it, and felt it alright. It was started by some creature who climbed down the outside wall in that damned picture in the front room. It wants to play with fire? Okay. First take the damned picture outsided and burn it, then smash the flaming locks to the basement"

I reach down a hand to Richard, "Here pal", then I turn to an obviously confused Jordie, "Sure call Harrisson, tell him to come here, because I don't think anybodys ready to leave just yet"

I look towards the basement door, "Sledgehammer, yep that should do it. Do we have one?"

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:18 am
by DrVendetta
Richard stands with the hand from Warren and says "ok I agree we need to take the picture out of the house and see if that effects anything inside, as far as the basement door goes we could probably take the hinges off since the dead bolts open from this side I assume the hinges are on this side as well" saying that Richard looks down the hall at the door to see which side the hinges are on.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 am
by BenTheRat
The hinges are on this side. You would need some tools to get the hinge pins out.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 am
by Occigon
"Sledgehammer or take the pins out of the hinges, either will do," muses Charles. "But let's make sure that the door can't be closed again once we're inside."

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm with you on that Charles! - I think we need to rush in and get that door open as quick as possible! I don't think we'll have time for messing with the hinges - let's just smash the door in and go down before the house starts screwing with our heads again!

He looks around at everyone - knowing he is as wide-eyed and shocked as the others but trying not to think too hard about the mass-hysteria they all just experienced.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm
by BenTheRat
The realization that has now settled in that you were all experiencing the same thing. Not just you having a bad dream, but you were awake feeling, hearing, seeing and smelling this event.
OOC:   So the 5 of you all need to make a sanity 1/d4 roll.  

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 pm
by Priest
OOC:   Invisible castle has gone kaput. Does anyone know how the forum dice roller works?  

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:06 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   well that sucks. Keep going for now. If its not back up in a few hours, I'll roll for everyone.  

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 pm
by DetectiveSocks
OOC:   The forum dice roller isn't too hard to learn. Simply, press the "dice" button, type in the kind of dice you want to use, such as 1d100 or 1d4 inside the parentheses brackets. Afterwards, just click post and it'll roll the dice for you. However it's kinda awkward, if you're like me, and like to write whether or not you successfully or failed a roll, since you can only see your roll after you post something.

Still don't get it? Just click "quote" button on my post, and just read the HTML code I written.  
Sanity Roll 55%,[dice]0[/dice]
EDITED:
OOC:   Oh lovely, I just tried rolling but for some reason it didn't worked. I just did this roll for another game and worked fine for me :/  

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 am
by BenTheRat
ooc all,lets move this to the ooc thread

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:35 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Sanity Loss,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:43 am
by DetectiveSocks
Sanity 55%

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:46 am
by DetectiveSocks
Sanity Loss

[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,I guess I found my problem, for some reason I guess you can't have your "dice roll" code inside another code, was my problem.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:58 am
by Occigon
Charles' Sanity roll

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:49 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,you didn't make to make the roll, you didn't experience what they went through. So I'll assume those were practice rolls. ;)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 am
by Silver Priest
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:38 am
by Silver Priest
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:03 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie's eyes dart across the room and saw the telephone. Skeptical of the phone still working, Jordie pulls out her flashlight and approaches the phone.
OOC,Oh, thanks [b]BenTheRat[/b], I read your quote and forgot there's 6 of us at the house, [quote="BenTheRat"][ooc]So the 5 of you all need to make a sanity 1/d4 roll.[/ooc][/quote] We've certainly gotten ourselves in quite a pickle, with the house turning inside out and without [i]InvisibleCastle[/i] :lol:

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I shake my head.
Warren thinking:   this is getting bad, and I don't like it. What is happening is beginning to offend my sense of reality.  
As Jordie starts to move towards the telephone, I say, nervously, "Just make sure that front door stays open. I don't want to be shut in with all this stuff"

Making sure I'm within easy reach of the front door, I turn to the others, "So do we have a sledgehammer? If not we could always shoot the damned hinges off"

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Visibly noticing Warren's distress and the paranoia that looms over the group, Jordie drops the tough girl attitude as the thought of poking fun at Warren would be quite impolite. She had seen soldiers from the Great War come home, with not just their flesh torn off, but their souls. "Alright," her voice solemn and serious, as Jordie goes closer towards the telephone, walking away from the fear and dread that she hopes doesn't swallow her whole.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,the lights in the house are on. You do not have a sledgehammer with you. The lock looks like a pretty simple door lock with the type of keyhole you could look through.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:52 am
by DrVendetta
Sanity Roll,[dice=string]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:48 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,did you roll a 1d100 before you rolled the 1d4?

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:28 pm
by Papa Gateau
San check[55] [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny,your current sanity is 50, so you failed this roll. You lose 1d4 pts.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:18 pm
by DrVendetta
Sanity Roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:43 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Okay so no one has a sledgehammer. Looks like an ordinary keyhole, does anyone want to risk taking a peek through it or do we simply smash the door open"
Warren thinking:   With all the strange things going on in this house I aint going to risk an eye.  

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 pm
by Silver Priest
Shaken by further proof of the occult, Michael quickly dismisses his misgivings. He had seen far worse already, and he had a feeling the worst was yet to come.

"I say we smash it down. Not like we can trust whatever we see on the other side of that keyhole anyway,given the tricks this house likes to pull. Sturdy door though. Probably going to need two of us to have any chance of getting in there.."

"The question is, should we wait for Harrison or knock down the door now?"

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:09 am
by Occigon
"Goodness knows when he'll get here," says Charles, though as the words leave his mouth, he reflects that the term "goodness" is probably misused in this context. "I say we knock down the door. When he get here, he can just follow the screams," he finishes darkly.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:13 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie picks up the phone and dials the number to the Museum of Fine Arts, as she looks around the living room and taking in the atmosphere, of what's left behind from the Macario family.
OOC,Did the lights just turn on? Or did one of us turn it on?

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

At Jordie's comment about the lights I look warily around, "Good question, I sure as hell didn't turn them on". I pause, thinking, "Don't be surprised if the phone doesn't work"

I turn towards Michael and Charles, "To hell with waiting, let's do it before the damned place can mess with us some more" I make an 'after you gesture' towards the door.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm
by Occigon
With a sigh, Charles reenters the house, muttering, "Please don't let them have wings..."

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,The phone is working, and after a couple rings [b]Ms. Patton[/b] answers, [color=#0000FF]"Doctor Chambers office, how may I help you?[/color]"
All except Jordie,you aren't sure if the lights were on or not. There was a lot of light coming in through the windows before. You know you didn't need your flashlights.
As Jordie walks into the house, it is a long hall running from the front door to what looks like the back of the house.
On the left side are 3 single doors spaced evenly and a stairway leading up at the end. On the right side are a set of double doors that are open and lead to the living room, a large wall with no door, then 2 single doors close to the end on the right.

The double doors open into a large living room. A plush couch and two matching arm chairs, a fireplace with a picture hanging above it. A radio on a wall table as well as a family bible sitting on a coffee table. There are a large number of crucifixes hanging on the walls along with several shelves with small items on them, most of them of a religious nature. Dust covers everything in the room.
There are 2 windows in this room, 1 to the front of the house and 1 to the side of the house. On the left wall is an opening into the next room, no door.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:03 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks out the front door saying "I am going to check around the outside for a quick moment" He then walks around the entire outside of the house looking for a cellar entrance, windows to the basement and any other entraces to the house besides the front door.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,you walk outside and the cold night air is in complete contrast to the hot smoke he can still remember. Its starting to get a bit dark outside, as you round the side of the house you see the fireplace chimney. Then the windows for the dining room and kitchen. You notice a large burnt mark on the side of the house. ooc: make a spot hidden roll. . As you continue around to the back of the house, you see a coal shoot. It is boarded shut. . As you continue onto the other side, you see three windows on the downstairs and 3 on the upstairs. You also see a side door. . ooc: All this will take a bit of time, so let the others post something before you report back in.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   San loss [dice]0[/dice]  
Well I'm as ready as I'll ever be - let's go see what's locked in the cellar

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:50 pm
by Silver Priest
Realizing he has to put his money where his mouth is, Michael approaches the basement door and tries to slam it open again.
Spoiler:

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,spot hidden roll [dice]0[/dice] which is a success Spot Hidden chance = 45

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:10 am
by BenTheRat
Michael gives the door a good slam with his shoulder and the frame splinters and the door slams in.
Michael,make a Dex check (Dex * 5) to keep from falling down the stairs.
Richard,As you look at the burn mark, it actually looks very old, with several layers of paint much newer over the burnt marks. The paint has peeled back right along the edge of the burn marks.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
Michael barely manages to keep his balance.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:05 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   San Loss [dice]0[/dice]  
Sonny follows Michael to the cellar door and watches as he smashes the door out of the frame. He grabs him by the shoulder "Who there big guy, don't you go disappearing on us!"

He turns on the flashlight and shines it around the door frame, looking for a light switch.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Evening Ms. Patton, may I speak with Harrison?" Jordie looks around the room and notices the unusual amount of crucifixes that laid mess across the walls. Mystical-obsessive neurosis compounded by a persecuted complex. Jordie remembered reading some sort of psychology textbook awhile back on a rainy day. An overdue library book that Jordie would rather not pay. The large amount of crucifixes was an obvious sign that Vittorio used to hold off the, One that Cannot be Named. Although, the house got the better of the Macario family. Jordie had a feeling that there was something missing behind all this, and Jordie didn't feel comfortable snooping around the house.

Standing in the living room, Jordie hears a loud crash from downstairs that startles her. She pulls out the Reverend's Key she had found at the Chapel Grounds, studying it with a quizzical look as Jordie puts it away. Waiting for an answer from Ms. Patton, Jordie picks up the bible off the coffee table and examines it.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny,you seemed to have rolled twice for sanity loss. I'll take the earlier 2 point loss.
Jordie,Ms. Patton says he didn't really want to be disturbed, but relents and gets him.[color=#0000FF] "Yea Jordie, I'm onto something really exciting here, whats up?[/color]"
Richard,you also see some small windows for the basement, but they are all boarded up.
Sonny searches around for a light switch and finds one, but when you flip the switch, nothing seems to happen.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ben,oops, so I have!
Sonny leans around trying to shine the torch down the stairs past Michael.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 am
by BenTheRat
As Sonny shines his light down the stairs, you can see they go down then turn back on themselves for the bottom half. There is a half-wall to the right wall. The left wall is the houses outer wall.
The steps down look rickety and once you get to the turn, they look real bad.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:20 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Oh! I nearly forgot about that. You dig up anything juicy?" As Jordie flips through the Bible to see any bookmarks or footnotes.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 pm
by BenTheRat
"Yea, some great stuff I think will help, but I need to get back to it, unless this is really urgent?", Harrison replies.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:17 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I move up to the press at the doorway and try and see over Sonny's shoulder down the stairs, "Anything?"
I raise my pistol and check the safety.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,you hear a loud bang inside the house.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie furrows her brow, "Well you're being awfully quite coy Harrison, just spill the beans, what exactly did you find?"

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,[color=#0000FF]"Nothing like that, there is just a lot to it, I'd rather brief everyone. But the short version, is its a journal of a wizard named Eibon. A lot of the book is damaged, but most of it is still legible. The guy went to all sorts of weird places, and there are some spells in here. I think one in particular will be useful if we run into something nasty. Its pretty short so I'm going to try and learn to cast it."[/color] [b]Harrison [/b]stops for a quick breathe, [color=#0000FF]"Thats why I want to get back to it. If this is an utmost urgency situation, I'll be glad to come join you, otherwise I'd love to get back to my research."[/color]

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael gives Sonny a nod of gratitude.

"Well one of us has got to go down there and tell us what they find. And since I got the door open, I'm hoping it will be one of you." He smirks.

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 am
by Occigon
Charles looks at the steps. "That staircase looks awfully rickety. Talk about a disaster waiting to happen."

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"To hell with this. If no ones going down, move aside. Just make sure that you keep the damn flashlight on"

I raise the .45 and chamber a round,
"If there anyone down there who wants to play games I'll introduce them to Mr Colt"

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:04 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,As you start down the stairs they are very sturdy, but as you pass the half wall that is providing support the stairs start to feel very unstable. As you reach the turn you can see into the room. Below is the main basement storage room. In the smallish room are scattered tools, pipe, lumber, nails, screws, and so forth. The side walls are of brick. The facing wall is of wood, as are the walls of the room under the stairs. You can see there is a small room under the stairs. The door is shut. The main basement room is about 50' wide (basically the same width as the house, while it is only about 30-40' long. The small room under the stairs takes up about 20x20 of that space. The stairs come down in the middle of the West wall facing the small room.
Richard,you are free to jump back in, whenever you want.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am
by DrVendetta
Richard goes to the small boarded up windows to see if he can pry the boards loose and get a look into the basement

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:46 am
by BenTheRat
Richard checks the boards. Without some tools, he won't be able to pry them loose.
Richard,make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:26 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,[dice]0[/dice]spot hidden roll which is a success Spot Hidden chance = 45

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:44 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,as you look a bit closer the windows themselves are painted black behind the boards.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 am
by DrVendetta
Richard tries to kick in the boarded up window
Str roll,[dice]0[/dice]str = 12 so str*3 = 36

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 am
by DrVendetta
The boarded up window is clearly to tough for Richard to kick in so he goes back into the house through the side door leaving it open behind him (If this door is locked I will go back in through the front).

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

With care I creep down the stairs, brow sweating as I feel the instability of the lower part of the staircase, untill I reach the door. I call back up to the others,"There's another door down here. Watch the stairs they get worse as you come down them. Oh, and bring the light I think we will be needing it"

I listen for a moment to try and hear if there is any movement within.
Listen,65% 1d100 → [25] = (25) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4325520/

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,as you try the side door it seems to be locked, very securely.
Warren,as you start to go down the stairs make a dex*5 check.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:10 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben,Dex *5: 65 1d100 → [12] = (12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4325539/ Made it, but depending on results will alter previous post to fit, if neccessary.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 pm
by BenTheRat
You are able to shift your weight quickly when one of the steps start to give way. You continue down and listen at the door. You hear nothing for a minute, then you hear scratching noises, but only for a sec, then that is gone as well.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Give me the light, quick there's something in here. Be carefull on those stairs"

I try the door but I'm not going to open it alone.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm
by BenTheRat
It is pretty dark down here, all you have for light is what little light the flashlight is providing from the top of the stairs.
Warren picks his way to the door in the dim light and try the door. It is unlocked.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 pm
by DrVendetta
As Richard walks back towards the front door he looks around for a garage wondering where the people who have lived in the house would most likely store and tools like a hammer or crowbar if there is no garage to be seen.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,you don't see any kind of storage sheds or anything like that.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie still speaking in the phone, "Well, at least there's some pleasant news to hear for once. I can't imagine we'll be here for very long, but if you don't hear from us in about an hour, might want to drop by just in case."

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:06 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard tries to remember if he saw a hardware store near by as he was casing the neighborhood earlier in the week as he walks back in the front door to join the others.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,[color=#0000FF]"Sounds good, I'm going to get back to work, you guys watch your back, Bye[/color]". And he hangs up.
Richard,Nothing on this street, but you know of one not too far from here.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard walks back to where the others are at the top of the stairs to see what is going on.

Richard waits for Jordie to get off the phone and then turns to her and ask "Would you want to run up to the hardware stor and get a hammer and crowbar? There is one fairly close"

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:00 am
by DetectiveSocks
Hanging up the phone, Jordie looks over her shoulder and notices Richard, her heart jumps as Jordie becomes a little paranoid of the house. "Of course dear," Jordie smiles, normally she'd be cheeky for feeling like a servant, but Jordie was looking for an excuse to leave the house, as she felt unprepared for whatever this One that Cannot be Named that dwells in this home. Jordie heads out to the front door.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 am
by DrVendetta
Richard checks with Jordie if she knows where the hardware store is and tells her how to find it if she dosn't.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 am
by Occigon
charles climas tentatively down the stairs

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:25 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,You take to the car, and head for the hardware store.
Charles,as you head down the stairs, you feel the wood shift under your feet. Make a Dex*5 check.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 am
by DetectiveSocks
BenTheRat,Just wondering, who's car did I take and how many car's did we parked at the curb?

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,I've purposely avoided trying to get into who's driving who's car, etc.. There are 2 cars out front. So I figured you took one of them. ;)

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 pm
by Occigon
Spoiler:
Ben,

Roll=90 - FAIL
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4327649/

Sigh. The dice are cruel.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles,As you take a step and his footing misses the next step, as if it moved out of the way on its own. Charles slips and takes a nasty tumble to the bottom of the stairs. . [dice]1[/dice] . As you hit the ground your left arm gets a nasty cut forcing you to scream out in pain.
Those at the top of the stairs see Charles slip and tumble down the stairs.
Everyone hears a loud scream from Charles coming from the basement.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 pm
by DetectiveSocks
DrVendetta,If you really want to open those boarded window, [i]not like I read anybody's secret spoiler buttons or anything[/i], but since most people have ropes with them from [i]M.A.P.S.[/i], you can tie them to the boarded window and tie it to the bumper of the car.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:39 pm
by Silver Priest
Hearing the scream, Michael springs into action, and stars moving down the steps as fast as he can while (hopefully) still maintaining his balance.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael,make a dex*5 check

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:31 am
by Silver Priest
Alas, Michael moves too fast, and stumbles.
Spoiler:

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:11 am
by BenTheRat
Richard sees Michael stumble and fall down the stairs also.
Michael,just as you think you get your footing, it feels like the step moves just as you go to step, you stumble and fall down the steps. . ooc: damage = [dice]0[/dice] . When you stumble down the stairs and land onto a pile of rubble and a piece of wood jabs into your leg causing you to scream out in pain.
Everyone in the house hears Michael scream out also.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 am
by Silver Priest
"Son of a bitch!" Michael curses, letting out a few more choose words of profanity.

He looks up, screaming at the house. "I'll tear this whole place apart if I have to, you hear me?"

Threat delivered, Michael attempts to stand but instead manages little other than rolling around on the floor, moaning in pain.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

As Charles tumbles and crashes to the basement floor I start to rush to him, just in time to see Michael follow with similar results,
"Jesus H Christ, I told you guys to watch the stairs. I just hope you didn't break the goddamn flashlight"

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm
by BenTheRat
The flashlight is still working and rolling around the basement floor.
Warren - Charles - Michael,make a spot hidden roll?

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

[dice=total]0[/dice]
Spot Hidden: 65%

Ben, Invis castle is gone again.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,as the flashlight rolls on the floor, the beam of light hits something that glints in the midst of all the debris.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm
by Silver Priest
Spot hidden=45

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:43 pm
by Occigon
Spoiler:

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:46 pm
by Occigon
Clenching his teeth and trying to ignore the pain, Charles gets to his feet. "Are you ok?" he asks Michael.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I bend down to retrieve the flashlight and see what glinted, "Heads up guys, what's this?"

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:15 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren - Charles - Michael,as the 3 of you retreive the flashlight and get on your feet you go over to investigate what glinted in the pile of rubbish everywhere. It appears to be metal, probably the blade of a knife.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 pm
by Silver Priest
"I've been better." Michael admits, slowly getting to his own feet. "This is the second time we've fallen a painful distance. I really hope this doesn't become a habit."

Seeing the object Warren pointed at, Michael shrugs. "It looks like a knife."

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am
by DetectiveSocks
The errand run would be a waste of time, as Jordie imagined by the time she return with some new toys, everybody would have flipped the house upside-down and Jordie would be cut off from her share. Taking the car for a spin and circling around the block, Jordie tries to collect her thoughts but her mind is burned out. She needed more time to think over her thoughts but time wasn't on her side. Jordie makes her way back to the house, as she has a strange feeling about her friends that have descended down to the bowels of the beast.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny shines his flashlight down the stairs again "Hey! Are you guys alright? What's going on down there? Is it safe to come down?

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Given the fact that Michael had just taken a header down the stairs and was probably not in the best humour right now, I avoid pointing out to him that the "only a knife" might be the one that our ex-albino was searching for.
With a ruefull shake of my head which hopefuly the sparse lighting masked, I bend and gingerley pull the knife from the floor,
"A Pognus I presume?"
Ben,does it have a wavy blade like has been described?
In answer to Sonny I shout back, "I think so. Just more cuts and bruises to add to a growing collection. If you are coming down for God's sake watch the stairs they are decidely dangerous"

I think for a moment. "Get Jordie down here. If this is the pognus everyone is after she might know. She seems to have a understanding for all this mystery hocuspocus bull"

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren - Charles - Michael,As [b]Warren [/b]reaches for the blade, it appears to be rusted, and wavey, but just as he is about to touch it, the blade shoots off the ground and towards his chest. . [ooc]Knife attack: [dice]0[/dice][/ooc] . The knife impales in [b]Warrens [/b]chest. [ooc]OH man I am so sorry, surprise attack that impales, Damage = 1d4+2 doubled [dice]1[/dice][/ooc] . A look of shock covers [b]Warrens [/b]face for a moment as he looks down at the knife impaled in his chest as he slumps to the ground. The knife then wrenches itself free from [b]Warren's [/b]body and blood begins to flow freely from his massive chest wound. . [ooc]Warren: you are unconcious until further notice. Charles and Michael, you see the actions above. Each of you need to make a Sanity check 1 / 1d4. Pass = -1 sanity, fail = -1d4 sanity. Then you may take an action.[/ooc]

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,you made it around the block pretty quick, but you know there is something wrong inside. The hairs on your arm and neck are standing on end.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm
by Silver Priest
san 33,[dice]0[/dice]
damage,[dice]1[/dice]
Screaming in horror, Michael attempts to run back up the stairs. Given his injuries, it is more of a slow limp.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:06 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks down the stairs to try to figure out what is going on.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:37 am
by BenTheRat
Richard and Sonny,After [b]Warren [/b]went down the stairs and mentioned a door,[b]Michael [/b]and [b]Charles [/b]both fell down the stairs. Lots of screaming and yelling. The flashlight was dropped rolled around and you heard someone say something about a knife and to get [b]Jordie[/b]. Then you hear more loud screaming and you see [b]Michael [/b]running/hobbling up the stairs. A piece of wood protruding from his leg.
Michael - Warren - Charles,this is the knife you saw floating in the air that stabbed Warren. [url=https://imageshack.com/i/g9hwazp][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/585/hwaz.png[/img][/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:49 am
by Priest
WarrenKaine
Ben,Sanity Roll: 44% 1d100 → [58] = (58) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332404/ Damage 1d4: 1d4 → [4] = (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332408/ Of course So, [color=#0040FF]"What the...?" "Ahh!!!!". [/color]Turn pale; white; Scream; collapse. :cry:

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:10 am
by Papa Gateau
Sonny starts to go down the stairs and meets Michael coming up Mikey, what's going on down there?, he tries to ease past him and continue on down.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 pm
by BenTheRat
sonny,Michael looks very white and pale as you pass by him. As you are going down just as you are making a step it feel like one of the steps move out from under you. OOC: make a Dex*5 check to avoid falling.
Michael,as you are rushing up, Sonny is coming down the stairs. Its tight but you can pass each other. You make it up the stairs without issue.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:33 pm
by Papa Gateau
Dex 65,18 Pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332611/

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 pm
by Silver Priest
"Flying knife! It already got Warren and it's coming for me!" Michael stops a step or two above Sonny, the small rational part of his brain realizing the jazzman provides him with some cover. He takes a few seconds to calm himself down before speaking, deeply ashamed of his previous reaction.

"There's a knife down there, operating on its own. My gun would be useless against it. Frankly, I'm not sure what would harm it. But if you're going down there the least I can do is go back down with you. I don't intend to die a coward."

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny stops and turns back to Michael Ok man! We seen enough weird shit that I believe you. Let's get back to the dining room and grab a couple of chairs we can use as shields, we better hurry, those boys gonna need our help!

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:15 pm
by Silver Priest
Not needing to be told twice, Michael moves as quickly as he can back up to the stairs and towards the dining room. However, he slows down briefly to explain the situation to Richard.

"Flying knife downstairs. It's already stabbed Warren and might be going after Charles. We need to find something for protection if we're going to be any help at all for them."

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:08 am
by DrVendetta
Richard goes and retrieves a the best item he can find in the kitchen to use as a shield, trash can lid, large metal serving tray, large pot lid, etc then returns to the top of the stairs

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:09 am
by BenTheRat
Michael and Sunny grab some chairs and Richard finds a large pot lid that will work as a small shield and head back to the top of the stairs.
OOC:   we really need to let Charles have a couple actions before we continue here.  

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 pm
by Occigon
Sanity Check,Roll=21 - passed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4333410/
Charles lets out a yell as the knife stabs Warren, then flies up the stairs as fast as his legs will carry him.
OOC,Just to speed things along, in case I need to make a roll for going up the stairs: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4333411/

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles also makes it up the stairs fine. The others all ran to get defensive items.
OOC:   Charles, what do you want to do here.  
As the last of you exit back into the hall, the door slams shut behind you.
Warren,Since your brave friends chose to leave you unattended with a gaping chest wound, you will get to bleed out a point.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm
by Occigon
Charles looks to see if there is a heavy curtain, blanket or tablecloth somewhere that he can grab.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:01 pm
by BenTheRat
The curtains look pretty useless but the table cloth looks pretty sturdy. You grab with with the quick yank and pull spill soup on the floor.
The 4 of you make it back to the top of the stairs about the same time. The door is shut.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:40 pm
by BenTheRat
Also about this time Jordie walks through the front door.
Jordie,you can see the house is in on piece, but you see 4 of your fellow investigators in front of the basement door holding 2 chairs, a pot lid and the dining room table cloth. Warren is the only one you don't see. Charles and Michael are obviously injured as you see blood on them. and one has a piece of wood still sticking out of his leg.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Seeing all the bloodied men holding comical props in their hands, Jordie looks in shock, "Where's Warren? What happened?" As Jordie watches the men prepare for a housewarming party.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 pm
by Occigon
Panting, Charles replies: "He's down there... Knife attacked us... We have to go save him!"

Moving over to the door, he tries to
open it again.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm
by BenTheRat
The door opens rather easily. A cold wind blows over you from down below. The stench of death is carried in the cold air.
OOC:   The 4 of you at the top of the steps can make a listen check if you wish.  

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 pm
by Papa Gateau
Listen,[25] 57 - fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334898/
Ok guys, let's get this done Sonny heads back down the stairs, holding the chair in front him.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael follows as carefully as he can behind Sonny, chair held out like a shield.
Spoiler:

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard follows the others down watching his steps closely and balancing himself on the wall in case the stairs start to give out.
Listen check,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 4 of you go down the stairs, supporting each other you make it to the bottom with no problems.
You see Warren laying on the ground a large wound in the middle of his chest with blood pouring out.
No sign of the knife anywhere.
There is also a small room with a door as part of the basement. The walls are all made of wood. The room you are in is dark except for your flashlights. There are small widows set into the side walls, but these have been boarded up.
The room is about 50 wide (same width as the house) and about 40' long. Stairs are on the far East wall (the back end of the house). In the North East corner a small room has been built that is about 20x20. the door to this room is closed.
There is a lot of rubbish in this room, old trash as well as wood, nails, and an assortment of other junk.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Pulling out the fighting knife Jordie recovered from Mr.Lawrence's body, Jordie follows from behind.
Listen 45%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334962/]Failure 73%[/url]

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:14 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie runs to Warren's side and tries her best to help Warren, but there's too much blood gushing out and Jordie's hands are covered in blood. "C'mon everybody! We gotta help him and blow this joint!"
First Aid 30%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334964/]Failure 56%[/url]

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael makes his way over to Warren and attempts to quell the bleeding, to no avail.

"Damn it, It's not stopping!"
Spoiler:
First Aid,
(30%) (1d100=68)

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 am
by Occigon
Listen Check,Roll=70 FAIL ROLL=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4335174/
Swearing under his breath, Charles tries to help Warren, but is too nervous to do anything effectively.
First Aid,Roll=56 FAIL http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4335180/

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:30 am
by BenTheRat
The blood flow seems to lesson a lot and the color in Warrens face becomes pale.
Warren,you will lose another point putting you at 0. You are not technically dead yet, but very close.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:38 am
by DrVendetta
Richard picks a flashlight and uses it to look into the room.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:46 am
by BenTheRat
Besides what I previously mentioned you don't see anything.
Richard,make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:31 am
by DetectiveSocks
"C'mon Charles, we're in over our heads, we need to get him outta here!" As Jordie attempts to carry Warren.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:04 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny moves over and helps Jordie with Warren - "Let's get him to the car, you need to get him to a hospital fast!"

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:56 pm
by BenTheRat
The 2 of you are able to get him up, up the stairs and out to the car without incident.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:26 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ok Jordie, get him to a hospital as fast as you can, I'm going back in case things get weird again and they need my help Sonny dashes back towards the house

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:52 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Don't do anything foolish! You better get everybody out of there while you still can!" The engine roared and Jordie left off on the road without hesitation. Jordie's stained hands felt useless gripping the wheel, she couldn't do anything to treat Warren right. Her best wasn't enough. Jordie looks to the backseat to see Warren, his hourglass was running thin.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,spot hidden roll[dice]0[/dice]a success

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,are you planning to just drop him off at the hospital and run back or stay with Warren?
Richard,you spot the dagger across the room under a wood plank. Fresh blood on it.
Richard, Michael and Charles see Jordie and Sonny haul Warren's lifeless body up the stairs. What do you guys do?

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,I'll stay with [b]Warren[/b] and touch base with [b]Harrison[/b] back at the [i]Museum[/i].

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:04 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Richard is going to try and retrieve the knife with the small shield (large pot lid) in one hand and flashlight in the other hand I start towards the knife

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:20 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,you need to go [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4739]here.[/url]
Richard,as you approach the dagger it is just laying there. With lid in one hand and flashlight in the other, tell me your next move.
Michael - Charlie,you see Richard raise his pot lid defensively and start to move across the room.
FYI, it is now about 8:30 pm.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 am
by Silver Priest
Michael is beginning to wish he had never started down this journey into madness. Warren was dead, or nearly so, and part of that was due to his own cowardliness. But how was he supposed to fight an enemy that could command flying knives and moving staircases? He was out of his league, and even the manic invincibility he felt in killing the flying demon was beginning to fade.

Seeing Richard moving across the room, Michael prepares to ask him what he's doing, but thinks better of it. Instead he curiously, watches the man, his eyes following his every movement.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC,Ben give me a cue when Sonny is back in the cellar, I assume it will take a few minutes to get Warren to the car and to return to the cellar

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 pm
by Occigon
Charles picks up the blanket and looks around carefully. Richard, do you see it?

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles and Michael can follow the beam of light from Richards flashlight. Its shining right on the wavy blade. Fresh blood covering it. Its laying on the ground, a board on top of it.
Sony,yes you are right, it will be a bit before you can return from the car.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard reply's back "Yes" without taking his eyes off the knife, he does not want the knife to get a moment of suprise and is completely ready to react in a defensive way to the knife if it attempts anything.

Richard is going to attempt to get his hand on the handle to be able to control the knife in case it tries to spring to life on its own.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 am
by BenTheRat
As Richard gets really close to the knife, it springs to life. To hear the others say the knife moved on its own, but to see it for yourself...
Richard,make a sanity check 1/1d4
After floating for just a second it goes in for the attack.
OOC:   Knife attacks: [dice]0[/dice]  
Maybe it was Richard being ready, or maybe just poor aim, but the knife misses.
Richard,if you want to you can grab the handle, but you do have a pot lid in one and a flashlight in the other. To get a good grip you would need to drop something. you only have a second to respond before the knife will move again.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 am
by Occigon
Holding the curtain (folded a few times to thicken the cloth), Charles lunges at the knife, hoping to envelop it in the folds of fabric.
Spoiler:

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:55 am
by BenTheRat
Charles was able to wrap the table cloth over the dagger.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:45 am
by DrVendetta
Richard says "Good Job!" to Charles

Richard prepares to help restle the knife in the blanket if Charles needs help

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:12 am
by BenTheRat
Once the dagger is in the blanket you can see it trying to stab its way out. But it is not too difficult to grab a hold of it. Once you do, it seems to stop moving.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:58 am
by DrVendetta
Richard turns and looks around with his flashlight to see if there is anything else down here to be seen (if I am holding the knife I ask one of the others to do it, I am not sure if I grabbed the knife or if Charlie did but who ever has it should not let go of it and I say that out loud if I am not the one holding it).

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:01 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I had assumed you grabbed it between the flashlight and lid you are holding, unless you drop one of those.
But Charles could easily reach out and take it from you, as could Michael. Just let me know who ends up with it.  
Other than the debris in the room, there is a small room with a closed door.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:14 pm
by Occigon
Charles is still holding on to the knife under the folds of the tablecloth. "I'm suddenly feeling the lack of a plan," he says. "Now that we've caught it, what do we do with it?"

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael still hasn't moved, watching the other 2 men tackle the hell knife. "What if we get the hell out of here?"
Charles uses his free hand and gets a firm grip on the handle of the knife with one hand while still holding tight to the table cloth wrapped around the blade with the other. He nods over to Richard that he has it.
Richard,you still owe me a sanity check. It won't change anything that happened, but you need to make it.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:30 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,Sorry forgot about that [dice]0[/dice] So I am sure this passed if I was suppose to roll a 1d100 so that means I take 1pt of sanity lose which I will go do on my character. Let me know if I did this wrong

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,this sounds right. Your target is your current Sanity. You must roll that or lower. You did, so lose only 1 point from your current sanity.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:16 pm
by Silver Priest
As the knife springs to life once again Michael freezes up, his mind overwhelmed by stark terror. Once Charles and Richard manage to subdue it however , he gradually finds he can move once again. Turning to look at Charles, he regrets judging the man for going near catatonic when they encountered the flying beast earlier.

"Yeah, I say we leave. Who knows what else the house has to throw at us. Let's face it, were it not for Jordie's timely entrance we'd all be dead right now. Still, if you guys want to continue on, I'll stay with you. I'm not leaving another man to die."

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:11 am
by DrVendetta
"Its late I say we get back to the musem and check in with everyone" Richard says as he finish he look around the room

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:13 pm
by Occigon
"OK, let's go - but very carefully," says Charles, slowly edging back towards the stairs while keeping a firm grip on the knife.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 pm
by BenTheRat
The knife is not struggling, and the 3 of you can climb the stairs without incident. When you get to the top, you run into Sonny rushing back from the car.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:50 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard follows the others up the stairs "Ok lets lock this place up and head for the museum"

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 am
by BenTheRat
You quickly head out of the house and lock the front door. It is dark and cold outside. The temperature has dropped into the 30's. As you check the time it is almost 9 PM. It doesn't feel like it has been nearly that long since you went into the house.
You get into the car and drive back to the museum.
OOC:   All of you please go here.