Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 4b: Occult Shop (Warren & Jordie)

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Date: March 21, 1921, 2:00 PM

As Warren and Jordie walk down the street you get your first look at the house.

It is the only residence left on the street, everything else are plain looking non-commercial type businesses. The only exceptions are a tobacco and magazine shop and a local grocer on the corner.
You don't see the occult shop.
OOC,Both of you make a spot hidden check.

Re: IC: Ch 4b: Occult Shop (Warren & Jordie)

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:39 am
by DetectiveSocks
Taking a walk along the street, Jordie pulls out a flask from her satchel and held it in the air with a quizzical manner, "What do you think the Doctor meant that this is a calling card?" She quickly stows it back in her satchel, for fear of unwanted attention. Perhaps that was the calling card true purpose.
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4210337/]Success = 64%[/url]

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

Standing on the sidewalk I look around for sign of the occult shop, glancing down at the scribbled address. I look up at Jordie mystyfied by her sudden interest in the card the old professor had handed out, "Well according to Richard the shop should be around here somewhere."
But where, I ask myself?
Seen it,1d100 → [37] = (37) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4210510/

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Between two of the buildings you notice a small stair going down into the basement of the rather plain looking office building.

there is no sign other than the symbol on the door at the bottom of the stairs.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I walk over to the steps to get a closer look at the sign, "This looks like the sketch Richard had."
Without bothering to check if Jordie was coming, just assuming she was, I go down to the door that bears the symbol and turn the handle.

OOC, I'm assuming the door is open, if not I knock.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:23 pm
by BenTheRat
As you walk into the shop
A young man in a vest and hat says, "Hello, Can I help you?"

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I smile at the bizarely dressed young man, "Possibly. I'm looking for information on a knife"
Reaching into my jacket pocket i take out the sketch of the knife and carefully spread it on the counter.
"The knife in question is also being sought by an albino gentleman by the name of Law."
I watch his eyes for any evidence of recognition,
"My associates and I are particularly keen on discovering any information of value on this..." I tap the picture, "knife. Of course I realise that such information will have a monetary value..."
I leave the money angle dangling, carrott like.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 pm
by BenTheRat
The young man looks at you, "Albino, someone else was in here asking about the Albino earlier. What is all this about?"
He looks down at the drawing.
OOC,Make a psychology roll to read his body language, also make a d100 roll for me. I can't do it from work. If you don't reply by this evening I can do it myself, but to speed things along.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:56 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Still sizing him up, I follow his gaze down to the drawing, "You tell me"
Psychology,1d100 → [2] = (2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4211647/ I didn't log in until this morning, then briefly, so I take it you made the roll yourself.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:46 pm
by BenTheRat
You can easily tell the shop owner has no idea what the knife is, and seems really worried about whats going on. Between Richard earlier and you today, he knows something going on but has no clue as to what.
"Yea, I know that knife." he says while rubbing his fingers together.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I smile at the way he is rubbing his fingers, every poker player knows about tells and maybe this is his. It is apparent that he knows nothing, and we are wasting our time and daylight here. Still,
"We're after information about this knife for a museum in Detroit, if someone was to furnish useful information on its origins and purpose there might be a small reward forthcoming.."
Again I leave the prospect of money hanging in the air.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:35 pm
by BenTheRat
He looks at you and smiles, "Alright I'll bink first. This is a Mayan Sacrificial knife used to cut their hearts out. I can tell by the shape."

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Interesting"
I turn to Jordie,
"C'mon kiddo, this place is a bust let's go."

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:27 pm
by BenTheRat
"Wait, alright I don't know about the dagger, but I'm sure I can help you out." he says.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 pm
by Priest
Waren Kaine

I wink at Jordie and turn back to the boy,
"Okay, what do ya know, start talking and maybe what you've got is still worth something."
I take my notebook from my pocket along with my pencil, without thinking I lick the lead, and prepare to write.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 pm
by BenTheRat
"Listen man, I said I didn't know what it is. Its a curvey knife. Do you have a better picture, beyond a sketch?" He scratches his head and goes to his books in the back. "I tell you what, give me an hour and I'm sure I can find something for you."

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Do we have the time to burn?" Jordie asks Warren.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I take out my cigarette case and flip it open, take a cigarette and place it between my lips, lighting it with the trench lighter. I take a deep draw and let the smoke drift lazily from my mouth,
"Your call miss do we give him an hour or not?"
I take my watch out and glance at the time.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:55 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,the guy is looking through books, do you want to wait or are you going to walk out?

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Is there any Point of Interests that are relatively close by to check out?

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Gripping the end of the cigarette between my lips, I push my hat onto the back of my head and half squat on the edge of the shop's counter, "I guess we can find something to look at while we're here"
As the boy ferrets through various books at a speed which could only be spurred on by the thought of money, I pick up a strange object of sticks, feathers and a few odd shaped pebbles. Looking with awe at the $3.00 price tag, I realise their must be money to be made from all this mumbo-jumbo bullshit.
Even the girl seems to have found something to look at amongst the various pots and ointments on a nearby shelf.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:49 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 2 of you wait, piddling around the shop, the owner is busy digging through books.
After about an hour he says, "Ok, I've found several daggers that might be the one in your drawing."
OOC,unfortunately I can't put the pictures up from work, so it will be tonight before I can do that sorry. NM, a little hacking and got it to work. This time.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm
by BenTheRat
He pulls out several books and shows you some pictures
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img19/6052/kfw5.jpg[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img547/9962/8hlk.jpg[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img41/823/4hca.jpg[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img838/2308/lrf1.png[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img585/2388/hwaz.png[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img51/8443/1aoq.jpg[/img]
[img]xhttp://imageshack.us/a/img163/8489/p1qy.jpg[/img]
"So what do you think?"

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Itap the fifth picture from the top,
"Hmm, tell me about this one"
I wave at Jordie to get her attention.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:32 pm
by BenTheRat
You see him smile and pick up the book, closing it with his finger in the page. "You see now, here is where you pay for services."

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I smile, take the cigarette from my mouth and nonchalantly drop the but on the floor, rubbing it out with my shoe.
"That depends on how much you consider those 'services' worth?"

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:14 pm
by BenTheRat
He looks you in the eye, "The way I see it, it's the actual information in the book that you want and is probably worth far more than the $2 you owe me for the time I spent researching it for you."

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Could be" I put my hand in my pocket and pull out a crumpled $5 bill, "Tell you what five for the information and another five if it turns out to be of any use"

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm
by BenTheRat
The shopkeeper smiles and opens the book, holding out his hand. "Ok, but let the dame hold the other 5 note. I'm not sure I trust you.".
He pockets the 5 and slips his glasses on and opens the book. "Hmm, my latin's a little rusty but let me see if I can translate."
"So it says this dagger is called the 'Pognus of the one who cannot be named'. Great, clear as mud there. It says there were 4 of these created when the 4 syllables of the one who cannot be named were lashed, maybe torn, from his aspect by the True Fae."
He wipes the sweat that has started to bead on his forehead, but continues, "it goes onto say these 'Pognus' are symbols of, maybe part of the four titles." He looks up at you, "I know this is weird, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate. It goes on for a bit about a warning that just touching one is bad and can lead you to evil, the usual curse stuff. Then goes into more detail here about the four titles, one is called the King in Yellow, Hey I bet thats what that albino guy was talking about. Then it lists three others, the Plateau of Leng, Carcosa, and the Spawn of Hastur. Thats all it says about those guys."
You can see his face at this point is turning reddish oarnge and he seems to be having a difficult time breathing. "It goes onto say... that the 4 'Pognus' are key to casting certain rituals. Some of which are, 'Peroratus with the Fallen', 'Ward of the Ancient One' and ..." he stops for a second, "and 'Feed on the Flesh'."
He shuts the book and sits down. He looks visibly shaken and could possibly pass out.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Mystified and a little lost with all the mumbo-jumbo the boy has outlined, I stop taking notes and open my cigarette case, offering one to the boy, "You look as if you could do with one."
Then remembering the flask of Southern Comfort that Chambers had handed out, I offer him a drink, "Here pal take a belt of this, it'll steady your nerves."

"So this knife is a representation of this 'one who cannot be named'. What was it you called it?" I look down at my notebook, "A 'Pognus', whatever that is."
I glance over at Jordie and smile, I'm not sure if this guy is for real or just desperate for ten bucks. But hell I'll buy it, I am buying it.
"Okay give him the other five."
I look at the boy as I close my notebook, "A couple of things. What's the purpose of this knife? And what the hell is that sign outside meant to be?"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 pm
by BenTheRat
The young man, visibly shaken, waves off the cig in favor of the flask. As you look at him, you can see the same look in his eyes that Mr. Macario had. As he grabs the flask he chugs the contents within, easily emptying half the contents. You can visibly see a change come over his as his skin had gone to a very pale white, and is now back to a more normal color.
"Thank you sir" as he hands the flask back.
He holds his finger up for a moment while he seems to be regaining his composure. "The symbol out front is nothing more than a protection symbol to keep evil spirits out." He looks down at the now closed book. "Guess it don't work on books."
"And I thought what the book said was pretty clear, these are used as a focus for spell casting. It makes the spells easier to cast and in some cases are required for the spell to work. According to this," he rests his hand on the book, "These little dirks are downright artifacts that were formed when some god had pieces of him cut off." His hand is shaking as he remembers a bit of the text he had just read. "I'd say you've stumbled on something important. I tell you what if you find the dagger and don't want it, I'll buy it from you."

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Taking the half empty flask back, I shake the contents. It seems the kid needed a real belt, must have been more worried than I thought.
"Thanks, I think."
Making sure I've noted down everything he said, I turn to leave. "Oh one last question. Have you ever heard of something called..." I read from notes made earlier, "The 'Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets' led by a Pastor Michael Thomas?"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 pm
by BenTheRat
The store clerk is counting his money looks up and smiles, "Yea I've heard of it."

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I turn back to face him, "Yeah, what've you heard?"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm
by BenTheRat
You can tell he's thinking if he can get any more money out of you, then he says, "You know what, no charge. It was some religous zealot cult around here somewhere. Never tracked down where it was exactly. Heard it was burnt down or something maybe a decade ago. That's all I know about it."
About this time a young lady comes in and looks surprised there are other people in the shop.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Well, thanks for that. See you around"
I turn to Jordie, "Shall we?"
Then tipping my hat to the newcomer, I leave the premises for a rendezvous at the library.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:58 pm
by BenTheRat
As you leave the shop you can hear the storeowner talking to the new customer. As you exit it is already almost 4 pm, you didn't realize you had spent so much time in the shop. You see the cigar and newstand shop a few doors down and on the other end of the street is a small grocer store.
Across the street and down a bit is the house.
It will take you a bit to get to the library, but not that long.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
OOC,when you say 'the house' do you mean the old Corbitt house?

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:31 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,yes

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
On the street I turn to Jordie, "I need some cigarettes" I nod towards the cigar ansnd newstand shop, "And maybe some pretzels"
With that I casualy walk up the street to the cigar seller.
"Need a pack of Chesterfields, and maybe a little information"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:23 pm
by BenTheRat
"Afternoon sir," As he pulls out a small box of Chesterfields, "Here you go, 20 cents." The elderly gentleman holds out his hand.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I put my hand in my pocket and dig out some change, "Thanks".
I unwrap the pack and pull one of the cigarettes from the pack with my teeth. Putting the pack in my pocket and pulling out my lighter I ask, "No 121", I jerk my head in the direction of the house, "Seen any odd comings and goings over the past couple of days?"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 pm
by BenTheRat
"No not really, not much there since the nice family moved out a couple weeks ago." The vendor puts the change in a pouch with pockets around his waste. "there was an odd looking feller here this morning asking about the house."

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:26 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"In what way, odd?"

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 pm
by BenTheRat
The vendor responds, "Well he had burn marks all over his face."

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Seems like we're following Richard's footsteps." Jordie turns her attention towards the news stand booth, "Is it true? There's an old burn down church in the community? That happened a long time ago?"

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:26 pm
by BenTheRat
"Let me see miss," he sits down and pulls out a cigarette and offers you one, "I don't recall a church burning down. Now St.Mary's," he pauses and does the sign of the cross, "over a few blocks had that fire when a bum lit a prayer candle and knocked over half a dozen." He stops to think.
"But they saved the church with minimal damage. That was 15-20 years ago. What did you say the name of the church was?"

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
With the cigarette lit and taking a few welcome puffs I look towards the house,
"I think the young lady is referring to something called the 'Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets' I think it was led by a Pastor Michael Thomas it was probably around the time of old man Corbitt. But I'm not sure about the burning down bit."
I turn back to face him allowing a trickle of cigarette smoke to drift from my lips, "So other than the guy with the scars this morning, there hasn't been anyone odd or suspicious hanging around

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:24 pm
by BenTheRat
The Vendor spits on the ground, "That was no church, it was an abomination. No it didn't burn down, though there was fire when the explosives went off, and good riddence." He takes a puff, "Best to let some sleeping dogs lie and not dig up the past."

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:52 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I raise an eyebrow at Jordie, explosives? That's new.
"So what if someone did want to dig up the past and disturb those sleeping dogs, where would they look?"

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:13 pm
by BenTheRat
"You don't want to go there boy, bad mojo," he says.
OOC,if you want to pressure him for a location you need to make a persuade roll along with a reason you need to go there.

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I tip my hat back and look him in the eyes,
"I don't want to go there, but some years ago a child went missing, and I've been asked to look into her disapearance by her folks. Now, the only lead we have is that there was something to do with this 'Chapel' and Mr Thomas in particular."
I find being 'creative and a little 'fluid'' with the truth easy, in my profession it helps, and most people are a sucker for the missing kid story.
Persuade,45% 1d100 → [26] = (26) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215502/

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 pm
by BenTheRat
The vendor didn't look so sure, "But promise me you'll be careful, but if it's for a kid. I doubt you'll find much there, its just an empty lot now." He goes to take a puff, and his hands are visibly shaking now. They weren't just a minute ago when he took a drag. "1 block over, go South then East. The next road up is Hale st. It was in the vacant lot at the end of the street."

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I watch his hands for a moment mesmerised by their shaking, whatever was going on with the house, the albino and this church it sure had people scared.
"Thanks pal, appreciate it."
I take out and glance at my watch to see how much time we have before we have to be at the library. Maybe if we just drive by the site, see if there's anything to see, on our way over.
"Okay Jordie let's get back to the car."

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 pm
by BenTheRat
As you look at your watch its about 4:30 in the afternoon. The sun has started to head down, but the heat of the day is still at its peak. So much so you have to remove your jacket as its easily above 80, and close to 85.
OOC,to be honest I have no idea when you guys planned to meet back up.

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:04 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
OOC,I think [b]Jordie[/b] arranged to meet up at the library at 5pm. So I guess we have half an hour to get there.

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,I figured I'd just let you guys decide when you were heading back.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Lead the way Texas", as Jordie follows Warren back to the car.
OOC,I don't really care if I'm late. I'll just be fashionably late :P

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:55 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
As we walk back to the car I fill Jordie in on my thinking, "We drive past the site of the chapel and take a quick look then head on over to the library to find the others."

Back at the car I follow the cigar vendors directions to the site on Hale Street.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 am
by BenTheRat
As you turn the car around to head South you turn left onto Court st. A fairly major road with good amount of traffic.
You ask Jordie to look for Hale st. She never sees it but at the last minute you see a road that looks more like an alley way. You whip into it and you have to dodge trashcans on the street and other debris. Only the backs of buildings face this street.
Then it opens up into a large lot, that is very overgrown:
There are rocks and trees everywhere. You'd never imagine such a place existed in the middle of the city.
The street ends in a small parking area. As you pull up to the area and are trying to decide to get out or not, you hear the definite sound of a whomp, whomp, whomp. You have a flat tire.
OOC,I went ahead and made your spot hidden rolls to find the street, Jordie failed with a 93, you passed. Then you failed your luck roll.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Godamn it!" I slap the steering wheel on hearing that sound, "I don't know if the spare is any good. Still it gives us a reason to have a look around, I guess if we don't make it to the library they'll have to get by without us."
Turning off the engine I get out and kick the tyre before going to the trunk and checking the spare.
"It'll have to do. Give me a few minutes to change this and then we'll go take a looksee."

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 pm
by BenTheRat
While you change the tire Jordie looks out over the remains of the overgrown lot. What looks like could be a crumbled archway is near the front. Other rocks around the lot could have once been part of structures.

You finish changing the tire withou incident, for what it's worth, the spare doesn't look like it will last long.
ooc,both of you make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:41 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I stand up from changing the wheel, stretch my back and shoot Jordie a wry smile, "It'll do for now but..."
Back stretched, I dust my hands off and look around.
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [37] = (37) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4218123/

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:48 pm
by BenTheRat
As you finish putting the flat tire in the back of the car and look up you can swear you saw movement on the back side of the lot, perhaps behind a tree. It was low to the ground, and could be a dog or animal or something. Jordie was looking the other way.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:07 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"What was that?" I gesture in the direction of the tree, but I can tell from her questioning expression that Jordie hadn't see it.
I move a few feet onto the lot to see if I can get a better view

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 pm
by BenTheRat
The lot is really huge, it's probably a good 200-300 yards from where you are standing. Jordi turns to look but neither you nor her see anything.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:45 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I stand on the edge of the lot, near the road, for several minutes. Long enough to light a cigarette and look at the time. There is little chance of making the library by five, so we might as well poke around here a bit.
I turn to Jordie, take a long drag on the Chesterfield then drop it to the ground and rub it out with my foot, "It was probably a dog or a neighbourhood cat. Still we may as well take a look at this place now we're here"

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 pm
by BenTheRat
As you look towards the back, you notice there are a lot of trees at the back of the lot where someone or something could be hiding. As you drop your cigarette and stomp it out, you hear a tower clock in the distance ring 5 times.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Is that coming from a church steeple? Or Is it 5 o'clock already?" Jordie cautiously pushes forward through the overgrown vegetation.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:40 am
by BenTheRat
OOC Jordan,Make 2 spot hidden checks.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:07 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I listen to the clock chiming five, look at my watch and shake it, "Damn things out again".
Taking care to watch my footing amongst all the undergrowth and debris of the lot, I slowly make my way towards the trees at the back.
Spot Hidden just in case,65% 1d100 → [10] = (10) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4219171/

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,make 2 for Jordie as well 75%

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Spot Hidden for Jordie,75% 1d100 → [30] = (30) 1d100 → [100] = (100) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4219184/ One success, the other a critical failure. Sorry :oops:

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie and you both started to walk into the grass when Jordie whispers to you, "I think I see what looks like brown cloth behind that tree," as she points off into the distance, you take a few steps off to your left into the deep grass and can see something that is obviously not part of the tree.
It moves and looks in your direction. It is definetely the hood of a brown robe. Then like a rabbit it is off running away from you and towards the fence at the back of the property.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:05 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"What the? Shit there it goes." I take off after it keeping it in sight hopefully so I can see where it goes.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 pm
by BenTheRat
You can see the figure from the distance, but he only had about 40 feet to go to get to the fence while you had 200 yards, means he gets there long before you even make it half way across the field.
You lose sight of him after he gets to the fence.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I come to a halt having lost sight of him, get a fix on the last place I saw him and head towards it.
OOC,are their buildings behind the fence? Did he seem to go over or through the fence or did I lose sight of him before he got to it?

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm
by BenTheRat
You lost sight of him, but didn't see him go over the fence. It takes you a few minutes for the 2 of you to get across the field to the fence.
It is a tall wooden slat fence, it looks very old. The wood is old, weathered and rotted, the nails are rusted and the boards look like they aren't very well secured.
ooc,make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 am
by DetectiveSocks
As Jordie catches up with Warren, slumping over and gasping for air, "Jesus! That fella can sure leg it!"
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4220740/]Success 50%[/url]
Priest,Thanks for rolling for me Priest :]

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie sees a small piece of brown cloth hanging from a rusted nail. As you reach for it, the two boards there easily swing up and away from you which is how he probably got out.
ooc,well he didn't have to be that fast. He only went 50 feet to your 600!

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Puffing heavilly from the exertion, I look at the moving boards that Jordie has uncovered, "Wonder where the hell that leads?"
Listening carefully, but not hearing anything. for any noises from behind the fence I carefully swing the boards open...
Jordie,your welcome, Sorry about the second of the two rolls, bu on occasion Invisible Castle hates me :cry: .

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm
by BenTheRat
When you look beyond the fence it leads to the rear of several office buildings with an alley that runs behind the buildings and between them. No sign of the fleeing person.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:04 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Hmm", I look over to Jordie but mosty I'm talking to myself, a habit which I tend to display at times of stress, or so I'm told.
"Where the hell did he go to? Ther's no sign of him in the alley so either he, like you said, legged it, or he went into one of the offices, or hes still here".
I look carefully at the ground searching for the smallest clue that might confirm his presence.
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [52] = (52) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4220949/

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm
by BenTheRat
You now notice the small piece of fabric that snagged on the rusted nail where he slipped through the fence. He could have also gone down anyone of the 3-4 alleyways between each building. He has had plenty of time to get away or could be hiding right around a corner.
Its after 5 now and the shadows from the buildings make the overgrown allyway look dark and slightly forboding. You haven't had rain in 2-3 weeks, so the streets are dry and hard. You can't make out any fresh tracks.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Damn" I take off my hat and slap it free of imaginary dust, "He could be anywhere, it looks like a rabbitt warren in there and we could search all night and not find him."
I look back to where the car waits noting the lengthening shadows of the rapidly approaching night. I return my hat to my head, take out a Chesterfield and light it.
"Well, theres no point in staying around here. We may as well cut on over to the library and see if anyones still there"

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm
by BenTheRat
You walk back to the car without incident, you see its getting to be 5:30 after all that. Still light out once you get away from the buildings, at least the heat is diminishing.
OOC,are you heading back to the museum now or library?

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
OOC,Museum via the library, of course by now the others will have left and the library will have shut.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 pm
by BenTheRat
As you drive through the streets, you see the library is already shut down, so you head onto the museum which also looks like it closed recently. You pull around back.
OOC,you are correct. There is a bit of a timing issue getting you back together. Waiting on one group that is about 30 minutes ahead of you time wise, since you are late. They are also late but not as much as you. Once I figure out what they are doing I'll have you jump to the new thread. So just hold on till I post here again telling you to jump. Feel free to Role-play while you wait. Good work guys.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:56 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

Ok.

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 am
by BenTheRat
As you pull in behind the museum and enter the office Ms. Patton is not around. When you walk in you see Harrison and Charles in the Lounge.

Go here.