Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 am
by BenTheRat
Date: March 23, 1921, 1 PM

As each person arrives about 1 or a little before, you see Ms. Patton, Harrison and Scott are all there. Ms. Patton has a nice lunch laid out.
Harrison looks really tired, like he has been there with very little sleep.

Re: IC: Ch 9. Time for a Plan

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 am
by Occigon
Charles enters, refreshed by the rest. "Hello, all. Quite a repast you've laid out for us, Ms. Patton!" He sits down at the table. "How are we this morning? You're looking a bit worse for the wear, Harrison."

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:40 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"I'm doing excellent, thank you Charles," matching her diction with Charle's refined manners. Jordie turns to Ms.Patton, "Ms. Patton, do you have today's copy of the Boston Globe?"

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison looks at Charles with bloodshot eyes.

"Sleep is the domain of the unenlightened soul."

He holds on to his coffee cup like it's a buoy in a stormy sea.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:16 am
by Occigon
"So yours is the look of enlightenment?" asks Charles, with eyebrows raised. "I'd imagined it looking a little different. Less... desperate. But in any case - care to share your enlightenment with us?"

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:28 pm
by Papa Gateau
TA-TA-TA-TA-TAH!

A fan-fare blasts from the door way and Sonny strolls through, his trumpet still to his lips, he plays an upbeat excerpt from a tune that is a favourite at the underground jazz clubs. He stops with a flourish and beams around the room "Howdy everyone, we all feeling rested and ready to battle the devil?"

He turns to Jordie, his demeanour and tone becoming more serious "What's the news from the hospital, how bad is Warren?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 pm
by BenTheRat
You see a copy of the Boston Globe on one of the tables.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 pm
by Silver Priest
Still to shaken to really comment on Sonny's performance, Michael grabs the Globe and begins scanning the paper for any information on their escapades.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:37 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison finishes his coffee and leans back in his seat. He tries to rub the fatigue from his eyes, but it only results in them looking even more bloodshot.

"The book is an account of the travels and life of Eibon of Hyperborea. Hyperborea being some mystical place. An island in between two great continents, somewhat reminiscent of the legend of Atlantis.

Eibon himself was a great sorcerer and alchemist. So great that he could extend his life into the centuries. I won't bore you with the details, but a lot of Eibon's magic or of the things he encountered worked with sacrifices, mostly blood sacrifices.
"

He gets up out of his seat and drags himself over to the coffee, his limp still not entirely gone. After having refreshed his coffee supply, he turns around and leans heavily against the table.

"
Eibon worshipped the great deity Zhothaqquah, a Great Old One who is also know as the Sleeper of N'kai.
Eibon also infiltrated a cult. The cult used an ancient artifact known as the "Shining Trapezohedron" to summon a terrible being from the depths of time and space. He was able to defeat the creature by countering his spells using a melody that cancelled its harmonic casting.

Then there's talk of another cult, one that would awaken the Haunter of the Dark, an avatar of Nyarlathotep, by gazing into the glowing crystal. Summoned from the black gulfs of chaos, this being could show other worlds, other galaxies, and the secrets of arcane and paradoxical knowledge; but he demanded monstrous sacrifices, hinted at by disfigured skeletons that were later found in the church. The Haunter of the Dark was banished by light and could not cross a lighted area.
"

Harrison grins.

"That's about the gist of it."

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Bouncing off with sunshine and rainbow, Sonny's dramatic entry caught Jordie a little off guard. "H-He's getting better but he's not waking up for a while. Warren's in a coma."

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael,make a spot hidden check for me.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 pm
by Silver Priest

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:14 am
by BenTheRat
Michael,you find a very small notice buried deep in the paper about[i] a fire truck was dispatched to downtown Boston but turned out to be a non-situation. [/i] That is all it said.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:27 am
by Occigon
After throwing Sonny a dirty look, Charles turns to Harrison, nonplussed. "And there was nothing about how all of these spirits and whatnot can be banished forever by garlic? Something nice and easy to put into practice?

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:49 am
by Silver Priest
"Huh. Look at this. Says here a fire truck was sent downtown yesterday but it turned out to be a false alarm. I wonder if that's related to what happened in the house."

Michael points out the brief mention to anyone who wants to look at it.

Raising his eyebrows at Harrison's explanation, Michael seems a bit skeptical.

"I can't say I understood much of what you just said. Still, if you can make enough sense out of all that and find away to exorcise this ghost, I'll be happy."

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 am
by DetectiveSocks
DrPeterson wrote:"Then there's talk of another cult, one that would awaken the Haunter of the Dark, an avatar of Nyarlathotep, by gazing into the glowing crystal. Summoned from the black gulfs of chaos, this being could show other worlds, other galaxies, and the secrets of arcane and paradoxical knowledge; but he demanded monstrous sacrifices, hinted at by disfigured skeletons that were later found in the church. The Haunter of the Dark was banished by light and could not cross a lighted area."
"Light... It can't be that easy, could it?" Jordie mumbles to herself. Her voice steadily rises, "The basement windows were boarded up and the door leading down was also locked," Jordie scratches her head.

Looking across the room and casting a playful smile to Sonny, "If Sonny can brighten anybody's day, he's our guy for the job," Jordie chuckles to herself lightheartedly.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 pm
by Priest
"Hi all" Scott flashes the friendliest smile he can muster and taps the military style satchel that he wears around his neck, "A few practicals. Bandages etc incase anyone else wants to try wrestling with a possessed knife" He begins to laugh but from the looks he is being thrown thinks better of it.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:54 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm sorry to hear that, I truly pray he can recover from his wounds and that they aren't too grievous

He turns back to Harrison "Well maybe Miss Jordie has the right of it - let's see if we can get some sun light down there. I was also intrigued about the bit where you mentioned disrupting the spell with a melody. Might be that my lips could stop this thing from weirding the things around us!

He turns to Scott "Hey fella, don't rightly know who you are or what you're doing here?" he casts a quizzical eye over the rest of the group "Ms Patton did you invite this young man?"

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:58 pm
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton looks over at Scott, "I think someone said they recruited him to help with emergency first aid, after what happened to dear Mr. Warren."

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 pm
by Papa Gateau
Oh right! Well can't say I'm upset to have threadman with us. My names Sonny, Sonny Goodman he proffers his hand and his big beaming smile.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison had given Sonny a dark look when he blew his trumpet so loud, but his face significantly brightened at the mention cancelling the casting.

"Ok, so we've established daylight as a necessity. I suggest we go in tomorrow when the sun is at its highest and bring crowbars and whatnot to remove the boarding in the cellar. Sonny should bring his trumpet, just in case it might actually work.
The idea is that we break open the cellar and shine a light in the most literal sense on what is in there. Right?
"

Harrison finishes his coffee and gets a new one.

"If we agree on this, that gives us some more time to research Corbitt and me to further look for clues in Eibon's tome."

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:10 am
by Occigon
"Sounds good to me," says Charles. "I might as well ask, Mrs. Patton, given that it worked well with the flying knife - would you have thick, heavy bolt of cloth around, by any chance, which we might be able to use to catch any other flying blades we might encounter?"

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Wait, we caught the knife? Where is it?" her eyes gleam in eagerness.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 am
by Occigon
"Why, we left it here. Do you have it, Mrs. Patton?"

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:21 am
by Priest
Still smiling, Scott takes Sonny's offered hand, "Hi Sonny, Scott. Trumpet player huh? Have I heard you play?"
When Harrison mentions returning to the house tomorrow, the smile turns to a look of disapointment. "Tommorow? Aww shucks why wait so long?"
At mention of the flying knife that had so nearly killed the reporter his face brightens, "You have the knife here? Can I see it?"

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:52 pm
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton brings out a crate and opens it. Inside you can see a table cloth in a bundle.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm
by DetectiveSocks
With the prospect of antiquity to be had, Jordie's curiosity got the best of her, as she wonders if it's the infamous treasure she's been after. Jordie unravels the table cloth in fervour motion.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:15 pm
by Priest
Scott moves forward to get a better view of the object that Jordie is eagerly unwrapping. A hint of concern enters his voice, "Given what happened to your colleague, do you think that unwrapping it is a good idea?"

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie shrugs her shoulders, "It'll make a good conversation piece."

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:45 am
by Silver Priest
Nervous the knife will spark to life again, Michael prepares to throw himself on it if it makes any sudden movements.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:31 am
by BenTheRat
The knife is just laying there in the box.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Holding the knife up, Jordie shifts it's orientation in the light as she studies the knife up closely. It's bizarre how the handle is longer than the blade itself, however the hilt is decorated with skulls. Doesn't appear to be meant for fighting, although, Warren would say otherwise. Rather, it appears to be more ceremonial in nature than anything else. No lineage to draw from, no hint of origin it may appear from. Jordie isn't quite sure what she's looking at.
History 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362076/]Failure 91%[/url]
Occult 5%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362091/]Failure 30%[/url]

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,you may attempt a Cthulhu mythos roll.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:30 am
by DetectiveSocks
BenTheRat,Nobody has [i]Cthulhu Mythos[/i] except for [b]Harrison/Dr.Peterson[/b]

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,I'm pretty sure everyone got 5% at the chapel. Yea I just found it, its in the status report I put on page 12 of the chance meeting at the chapel thread. So everyone got the base 5% for the chapel, the spells and the summoning thing.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:01 pm
by DrVendetta
"I say we wrap the knife back in the table cloth and lock it back in the box, there is a connection between the house, or something in it, and that knife. I do not want the knife anywhere near the house while we are there" chimes in Richard who has noticed Jordies odd particular interest in the knife.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:49 pm
by Priest
Scott peers at the knife that Jordie has uncovered and doesnt like what he is seeing, it might be just imagination but it seems to exude evil.

At Jordie's odd behaviour in the face of something about which the others had described with a mixture of fear and trepidation, he takes a small step backwards in an attempt to increase the distance between himself and the knife which they had said had come to life and almost ended that of the reporter Warren Kaine who lay in a coma at the hospital.

A film of cold sweat covered his forehead, it felt like the temperature in the room had dropped significantly. He swallowed dryly, feeling as he had over in France before an attack, "Yeah, cover the damn thing up".

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:08 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison looks at the knife with a rather bored look and then looks at his companions.

Listen, we could stand here looking at a knife all day, or we could arm us for the coming confrontation. We need to know more about Corbitt and we need crowbars, hammers and pickaxes.

He downs his coffee and hobbles over to the table, picking up his bag.

"I'm going to go and get a few more hours of sleep. Then I'll get back to the Book of Eibon to see if I can figure out something more.

Shall we meet back here in the morning?
"

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Oh don't be silly, we can't just lock up a piece of history from the face of the Earth." Jordie looks over to Scott, "I thought you were into this spooky monkey talk Scott, the day has barely started and you're cold feet already?

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:28 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks over to Jordie and takes the knife from her, wraps it in the blanket, and places it back in the box and locks the box.
He then turns to Jordie and says "Look you can do whatever you want with the knife after we are done with the house but until then it stays in the box unless something specific says that we need it to resolve the issue at the house."

"Ms Patton did you have any luck digging up those tools, the crowbars & hammers? sounds like we might need some digging tools as well, shovels, picks, maybe some extra rope and some pullies"

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 am
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton replies, "Yea, got the stuff."

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:58 am
by Occigon
"Well, then," says Charles. "We have the various implements of destruction. Shall we gather them up and meet up at the house tomorrow morning?"

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Fluttering her eyelashes in puzzlement, Jordie smiles to herself in amusement and looks back at Richard, clenching the edge of the box, "You must get hit a lot don't you?" drawing evidence from Richard's scars. Returning back to the box, Jordie opens it and takes another look. Was it the last piece of the puzzle? Would the final picture be her lying on the floor, or finishing a mystery. The double edged clue. It was the question mark above everybody's mind, like a forked road or roulette table:

"What if it had gone differently? Would Warren still be here, or would it be me instead of him? Or someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions. Why me?" Jordie still feels guilty and useless from that night. Survivor's guilt washing over.

Reflecting on the past few days, the hard earned twenty Jordie had been netting was starting to feel awful. The American dream - the things people do for money sometime.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:47 pm
by Priest
Scott smiles at Jordie, "On the contrary miss..? It is because of my interest in all this 'spooky monkey talk' that I figure that something which, for whatever reason, almost stabbed your friend Warren to death something to be treated with caution"

He gazes around the group, raising his voice slightly so all can hear, "I find all of this supernatural stuff interesting, you dont go through a major war and work amongst the dying without developing some kind of interest in what happens next. If this house is haunted, and from what I'm hearing I am persuaded to think it is, we need to be carefull and not go blundering in like the seventh cavalry. I'm not developing cold feet, I just have no wish to end up in a hospital bed alongside Warren. So yeah, I'm itching to see the house, but if waiting till tomorrow seem a wiser, safer thing to do, then I'm with Charles."

Flushing with embarassment over his tirade, Scott begins a serious study of his fingernails.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie returns the smile back to Scott, "Well do I have an eye-candy that I like to show you," casting a wink to Scott, as she intends to go to the Occult Shop shortly.

Walking over towards Ms.Patton, "Did my special order come on? As well, are you able to acquire some portable construction floodlights by tomorrow?"

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 am
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton looks at you with a questioning look, "I don't recall this order, but if you did, would you want the large Kerosene type like the railroads use? Or do you want the newer large electric ones?" She thinks for a minute, "I don't think the house would support that kind of power draw?"

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 am
by DetectiveSocks
"I suppose kerosene would be more self-sufficient and reliable, instead of drawing electrical power from a haunted house," Jordie points out.
BenTheRat wrote:
Jordie,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4705&start=40#p153066]You pull Ms. Patton aside and ask her about a specialty order for the C96. She says the Professor doesn't have one here at the office, but she might know someone where she can get it for you. . OOC: Send me the stats before I decide. I don't have the stats. I won't let it in if I feel it is overpowered.[/url]

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison frowns and heads to the door.

" Right, see you all tomorrow then.
Don't forget about Corbitt.
"

He leaves the museum.

Ben,He's going shopping before going home.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 am
by Priest
Scott, watching Harrison leave, creases his forehead in thought, "Uh Ms Patton, I don't suppose you can lay your hand on some more ammunition for my pistol? I have seven rounds, but I have a feeling that having more won't hurt"

He turns once more to Jordie, whose eyes still shine with a strange light even though the knife has now been taken into care by Ms Patton, "So Miss... I'm sorry I still don't know your name. Just what is this 'eye candy' you are talking about" His interest is piqued by the obscure hint.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:14 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael laughs at Scott, though not unkindly.

"You can have all the ammunition you want, it won't do you any good against flying knives or possessed beds. Works well against those flying devils though. Haven't seen any of them in the house yet, but maybe a few lurk in the basement." He suddenly grows more serious. "Huh. maybe you should bring extra ammunition along after all."

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:47 pm
by BenTheRat
"Oh the Mauser, I'm so sorry I forgot." Ms. Patton walks over and opens a drawer and pulls out the 9 mm and attachable stock, 2 magazines and a box of ammo. "Do you know how to use one of these miss?"
Harrison,what are you going shopping for.
Ms. Patton smiles at Scott. "You weren't invited by the doctor, but I have contacted him and he told me to treat you as such." She hands you a box of .45 ammo. "here you go, I hope they do you better than poor Mr. Warren.".
Ms. Patton looks back over at Jordie, "I'm a bit confused on what you need the floodlights for deary. Can't you just go to the house during the daylight?"

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 am
by Occigon
Charles winces and goes pale at Michael's mention of flying devils. "I'm getting some rest," he announces brusquely, standing. "See you at the house tomorrow at 11 AM, say?"

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm
by DrPeterson
Ben:,The stuff he needs for the thing *wink wink nudge nudge* and a canary or other small pet.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison,no problem, you can get all the marials except for the 1 shredded piece you need.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:23 am
by DetectiveSocks
The large red 9 engraved on the grip, the V-notch rear iron sight, the exotic way of loading stripper clip ammunition. The Prussian Red 9. It's eccentricity spoke to Jordie's tastes, as her eyes beamed with joy and smiled. Searching around the shoulder stock in her hands, Jordie manages to find a hollow compartment and stowed the pistol away. It felt like a horrible fashion statement, as Jordie slung the holster underneath her arm, and took the stripper clip ammunition from the table. Looking back at Ms.Patton, "Many thanks Ms. Patton," Jordie smiles enthusiastic.

Jordie looks over to Scott beside her, "Bob right? Listen, we're dropping by to visit the magic shop. I figured it'd be like taking you to candy land, and you'd be my expert opinion on weird things. I don't imagine anything to snowball if we find anything about the knife, but I figure I'd give it a shot." Jordie goes over to the box and retrieves the knife and grabs the copy of the Boston Globe.
OOC,Sorry everybody if I'm dragging this out, near the concluding end of our game :(

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 am
by Priest
Scott smiles at Jordie, "Magic shop huh? Strange kinda place for a first date, but hey if you want I'll come with you." He picks up the small package of .45 shells and slips it into the pocket of his overcoat, then pulls his cap onto his head, "Actually the name is Scott. But you aint told me yours yet and I can keep calling you miss" with a wry shake of his head he opens the door, "Shall we?"

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Like I said, I don't really imagine anything to escalate," as Jordie gives a smug look to Scott, grabbing her coat and hat on the way out the door. "It's Jordie if you must."

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:55 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny walks over to Ms Patton "Do you have another gun? I'm not really comfortable with one but I think it's probably best for all if we are all armed"

He turns to whoever is left "I'm heading over to a speak-easy I know down by the docks - they into some crazy jazz down there, tonight might be my last one, so I'm going be playing like the devil is on my tail he smiles and pats his trumpet.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:47 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard checks to ensure that he has plenty of amunition. Then states that he is going with the knife.
Ben,I make sure that both of my pistols have full clips and my 2 spare clips are full. The knife dosent leave this room unless it is in the box and locked and I will demand the to be the one holding the key. Based on what I am seeing and what little information Jordie has given to the group about her obsession with the knife in my presence I am becoming concerned that she is becoming possessed by the knife.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:19 pm
by BenTheRat
Ms. Patton nods to Sonny and leaves the room for a minute and returns. "This should be easy enough to use. It's a .38 revolver." She hands him the shoulder holster with box of ammo, and goes over the mechanics on using the firearm. Covering the basics of using the safety, how to shoot and if need be how to reload. Finally, she covers aiming and breathing with Sonny. Then she looks up at his face like a mother would do sending her son off to college, "You look more natural with that horn in your hand than a pistol. Good luck."
ooc,everyone please add what equipment you have to your characters.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:56 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael contents himself with another round of ammo for his pistol. He had no doubt they'd be well armed. Whether or not it would make a difference was another matter.

He smiles at Sonny. "Speak-easy huh? I've closed down a few of those in my time. Now however... I think I could use a drink and some music. I'll go with you.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:15 am
by Occigon
OOC - Ben,Charles had asked Mrs. Patton if she had another thick, heavy bolt of cloth.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:45 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles,I thought at some point she had provided 2 thick burlap sacks, and asked if those were ok. If I never posted that, sorry and assume she gave them to you.
OOC:   OK, I'd like to get this moving if the 3 of you are going to the occult shop, please do so here.
For those going to the speak easy, nothing major happens. You spend a $2 on drinks, Sonny makes $5 playing his trumpet.
Harrison already did his bit. The rest I don't think were planning anything.  

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 pm
by DrVendetta
When Jordie is done with the knife Richard takes it wraps it up again places it back into the box and ask Ms Patton for a lock and key for the box. After locking the box he places the key inside a pocket inside his vest which has a zipper which he zips closed and then holds the case in his left hand and Says "I am ready when the rest of you are."

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:34 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Dr. V you are jumping a bit quick. You need to work out getting the knife. Jordie has it. Are you going to ask for it, try and grab it, or knock her out and take it?  

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:11 pm
by DrVendetta
All,my mistake I thought Jordie was done looking at the knife for a second time
Richard says "may I have the knife when you are done looking at it Jordie?"

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Nope.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:20 am
by DrVendetta
Richard gets a curious look on his face "Excuse me? May I ask why?"

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:38 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Wednesday. It's Wednesday.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:47 am
by DrVendetta
All,sorry socks I could not make out your post was that Jordies answer to Richards question in game or were you just stating the day current day of the week? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 pm
by BenTheRat
Sensing a standoff between the 2, Ms. Patton steps in, "Here deary, why don't you let me hold onto this, till you can figure out what to do with it."

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard says to Ms Patton "It is greatly appreciated Ms Patton just make sure that it stays under lock and key. I was stabbed by it as well as several of the rest of us and don't want to see that happen again."

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,It was [b]Jordie[/b] deflecting the question. Also, if the knife is gonna be placed here than there's no reason for me to go to the Occult Shop then.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:33 pm
by Priest
Scott, relieved that the tension between Richard and Jordie seems to be dropping, smiles, "So if that's over, are we going to this Occult Shop or not?"

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:06 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,I know, maybe if you explained what your plan was they would go with it. Ms. Patton isn't forcing anything, but we need to get things moving.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,In the beginning of the game, there was a lot of hype going around the knife that seemed to be important to the cult. [b]Tom Lawrence[/b] was also looking for the knife as well. Whatever the knife is, I just speculate it's only important for the ritual that [b]Corbitt[/b] performed. I know that [b]Lawrence[/b] lived at the house at one point, and went around asking questions about the knife. I just wanna find out if the knife is authentic and whether or not it could actually be a game-changer in this scenario. I knew there was a knife in the basement beforehand, and stayed at a distance as you guys wrestled with it, as I've GM'd this scenario and played it several times. I won't spoil anything for you guys ;). I like to think that I know what I'm doing.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,I understand all that, and appreciate that. But IN GAME, these guys don't understand whats going on. They all want to lock it up and you keep grabbing it and wanting to leave with it. And when asked, you avoid the questions. I'd rather you guys resolve this through roleplay. Even if its no more than a 'trust me' statement. But at this stage, I doubt that would work. Just role-play it. Right now we have a few players being active, while everyone else is inactive. This is bad. We have done nothing for a week, we need to get this moving. Please respond in game, not out of game. I assume right now you are standing there, holding the knife with a glazed look on your face.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,I only have time to post in late evenings, so I can't imagine things to progress any faster. Go ahead and jump to the next day because I feel like I killed the mood of roleplaying. I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me at this point, so I just don't care anymore.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie hands the knife over to Ms. Patton who locks it in the box and walks out of the room with the box, and returns a few minutes later. "There we go, safe and sound."
Scott mentions going to the Occult store, but Jordie just says it can wait.
Everyone goes off their separate ways and then meets at the house at 11 am the next morning.
OOC:   This thread seems to be causing problems, so I'm going to just end it here and move onto tomorrows scene.
Please go here.