Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 am
by BenTheRat
Time: 7:45 PM

The cab races through the streets. As it gets to the corner and turns to follow the cab, its not in sight. "Shit, its gone sir. He just had too much a lead on me."
driver roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240191/]First cab roll. 60% (1d100=71)[/url]

Re: IC: Ch. 4g: A car chase (Richard)

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 am
by DrVendetta
"You look down the streets on the left I will look down the ones on the right lets see if we can see where he turned off" Richard says to the driver

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 am
by BenTheRat
He says, "Sounds good," and guns it down the street.
ooc,ok make a spot hidden to see if you can see the elusive cab.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,spot hidden chance 45% roll = 4% so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240326/[/url]
Richard is looking down the streets on the left when there is not a street on the right.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 am
by BenTheRat
You see the car a couple blocks up the road. You yell out, "There, turn left."
The cabby looks great making the left turn and missing the oncoming traffic. A few horn honks, but no collision.
driver roll 1,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240336/]Driver roll 60% (1d100=23)[/url]
Trying to stay back a bit, the cabby looks like he has done this before.
drvier roll 2,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240347/]Driver roll 60% 2nd roll (1d100=31)[/url]
But he makes another turn and the cab is caught behind a truck. The truck is moving really slow and then stops. The cabby curses out and gets around him, but the other cab is gone.
driver roll 3,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240348/]Driver roll 60% 3rd roll (1d100=70)[/url]

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:25 am
by DrVendetta
Once again Richard says "keep going and look down the streets again he had to turn down one of them"
Ben,spot hidden chance = 45% roll = 41% so another succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240351/[/url]

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 am
by BenTheRat
The cabby turns down the road and goes down the street looking to one side while you look at the other.
Then you spot it stopped on the side of the road. As you turn the other cab pulls out and drives off. As you drive up to where the cab was stopped, it is the Boson Globe.
You don't see anyone. Do you want to keep following the cab, or do something else?

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm
by DrVendetta
I ask the cab driver to pull over and wait. I jump out of the cab and run into the Globe office looking to see if if there is an secratary I can ask who just came in and where they went. If asked I tell them I have something very important to tell them about the picture they just took and need o speak to them.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:36 pm
by BenTheRat
As you run up to the door, there is a sign that says closed on it.

You try the handle anyway and the door is unlocked. You go in and there is no one at the front desk. You can see there are some lights on further to the back and you hear some voices.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 am
by DrVendetta
I walk back towards the lights and voices as quietly and steathly as I can.
Ben,Listen chance = 45% roll = 38% so a succsess

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:12 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,make a sneak check

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,you are killing me with the rolls here there was a reason I said as quietly as possible Sneak chance 10% roll = 88% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4241318/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:11 am
by BenTheRat
You can't hear anything at first, so you start to move further in, so you can hear.
As you start to move forward you hear them talking. There are 2 voices.
Voice 1: "..find out?"
Voice 2: "A ton, let me tell you." you hear some papers ruffling."Now they talked about the chapel of contemplation, and Mr. Corbitt, from that old house you did the story on. Something about a pognus, no idea what that is."
Voice 1:"That's Latin, it means to stab, or a stabbing thing. Go on."
Voice 2:"Well they are talking about checking out both the house and the chapel tonight. I have a whole bunch more here in my notes."
Voice 1: "Did you get the "
About that time you accidentally hit a pencil holder on a desk.
Voice 1: "What the hell was that? Were you followed?"
Voice 2: "I don't think so."
You hear footsteps like they are running.
OOC,haha, sorry I gave you a bunch for the listen roll, but you sneak about like a bull in a china shop. ;)

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 am
by DrVendetta
I look around to see if there is a shadow or something for me to hide or duck behind real quick.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:42 am
by BenTheRat
The room in here is dark because the lights are out. There are several desks around.
Richard,hahaha, make that hide roll bull.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 am
by DrVendetta
I duck under a desk and prepare for a fight, I draw one of my guns in case it comes to that

[Spoiler-Button]Ben, Hide chance = 10% roll = 71 so another failure http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4241419/[Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:18 am
by BenTheRat
As you duck under the desk the light flips on.

voice 1: "Is anyone in here?"
voice 2: "Well something knocked over the pencil holder."
voice 1: "Did you lock the door when you came in?"
voice 2: "I don't remember, let me check."
you recognize the 2nd voice as the same guy who took your picture.
You hear them moving around the room. You know they will find you where you are at, there just isn't a decent spot to hide here.
The photographer you hear is walking towards the front door to your left.
You hear the other guy walking towards your right.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Do I believe that I will be discoverd for sure? Or do I believe that they may go back to where they were? This will influence what I do next

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 am
by BenTheRat
If they turn around and head back they won't. But if the 2nd guy goes to the door, locks it and turns around, he will surely see you.

If you move too much around the desk to avoid him seeing you, the 1st guy will see you.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:40 am
by DrVendetta
Can I get under the desk?
Ben,If I believe that I am going to be found I am going to stand up with my hands behind my back (gun out and hidden) and confront both of them so I have the drop on them. Did the photographer look like he could handle himself in a fight? Do i reconize the other voice? If I feel I have a shot at not being found I will try to stay hidden and continue to listen in on the conversation.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 am
by BenTheRat
You already tried that and failed. They are just too small to hide you completely.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:51 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,sorry I had to change the start time of when this all started. Otherwise things didn't line up right. My bad. Its now about 8:20 PM

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,ok so I am going to be seen if I here the door become locked correct? If the answer to this is yes I know what I am going to do. I have a plan when it starts depends on how when I am detected. It is very important to me that I get the drop on them though, or I am the first one to speak as soon as I am discovered I should say. I will be on skype at 8pm est and we can wip through this pretty quick with me asking questions on skype as I am posting as oppossed me posting questions and you posting answers here. All actions and reactions will be posted here though. Let me know if you will e around tonight.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Dr V,sorry got scouts tonight, probably won't be home till late.
As you sit figuring out what you want to do, you hear the photographer walk by on your left, and then go to the door. "Damn, forgot to lock it." You hear the lock click.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm
by DrVendetta
I stand straight up with my hands crossed behind my back to not reveal the gun in my hand turn and say to them "Thank you I also forgot to lock it as well when I came in" as a menancing smile crosses my face for them to see.

"I believe that you know me but you have yet to introduce yourselves to me so why don't we start there, who would you be?" and Richard looks at the man that is farthest from the door while keeping the desk and some room between himself and the photographer, Richard also ensures that he can see the photographer out of the corner of his eye to not allow him to get the drop on him.
Ben,[b]Richard[/b] has been taking them in to try to understand what he is up against if this comes to a fight (are they big, small, young, old). If either of them makes a rush at Richard he instantly points the gun directly at there face and say's the following [color=#0000FF]"[b]STOP[/b] or Die your choice"[/color]

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:43 am
by BenTheRat
You can easily see both the guys. The one to your right looks big, strong and handsome. One of those guys who seem to get everything for no effort. In his early 30's. The one to your left by the door is younger mid to early 20's. He is very average and was the one in the restaurant with you that took the picture. Neither seems to be moving to attack.
"Well, well, well who do we have here? Looks like you brought a stray home with you Joe. My name is Phil, reporter for the Boston Globe. And as you may have guessed this is Joe, photographer for the Globe. Which if I'm not mistaken is where we are at. Where we are supposed to be. You on the other hand..." Phil looks over at Joe.
Joe responds as if on que, "This one is Richard."
"Ahhh, Richard, so what brings you to our small rag?" Phil asks.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 am
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles and says "Good looks like we can do this the easy way, I would prefer it that way. So why have you had Joe following us and checking into myself and my friends?"
Ben,so now if anyone tries to make a move at me I point the gun at there face and calmly say[color=#0000FF] "I repeat I would prefer to do this the easy way but the choice is yours"[/color]

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am
by BenTheRat
Phil sits down on the corner of one of the desks and seems very relaxed. He lights up a cigarette.
"Just following up on the story. Group of ghost hunters running around town, its news. So what exactly is your plan for the old Corbitt house?"

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:24 am
by DrVendetta
Richard replies "What makes you think we are ghost hunters? And what story are you following up on?"

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 am
by BenTheRat
Phil laughs, "I'm not an idiot, I did an article on the Corbitt place a couple years ago. I know all about that house."
"Joe, head on back and get those pictures developed."

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:28 am
by DrVendetta
"Well I new nothing of it 24 hours ago, I am just checking into it for an interested party, what can u tell me about it and its past?"

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 am
by BenTheRat
"You read all the articles, if not you then your friend Warren has. So if you and your group don't want to be called ghost hunters, what would you call yourself?" Phil asks.
You see Joe walk back towards where he was earlier.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:36 am
by DrVendetta
"I havent read any articles and Warren has yet to give the group any usefull input. You want a good story give me some information I can use Like what happened to the reverand from the chapel I could find no record of him going to court?"

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:40 am
by BenTheRat
Phil takes a puff, "You seem to be confused, I'm the reporter. I ask the questions. Tell me about this Pognus of the unknown. What is that?"
You hear someone try the door handle and then someone knocking on the door.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 am
by DrVendetta
"as a reporter you should know you have to build up the trust of your sources, right now I dont know anything about you or if I should trust you. I could care less who gets the story but if you want help from me a guy on the inside you have to help me trust you by giving me some helpfull information, then I will start trusting you and start sharing back with you." If he goes to answer the door I will walk back to where he and Joe had been talking.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:04 am
by BenTheRat
Phil ignores the door, "Ok, mac it seems both of us want something here, maybe we can help each other. How about I give you all the info I have and you give me an exclusive on the story?"
You hear more banging on the door, then from outside. "Hey no one stiffs me on a fare. Open the door or I'm breaking it down."
Phil smiles again, he has that kind of smile most guys hate because woman love it. "I think its for you."

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard says "sounds like a deal let me go let the driver go"

I then walk over to the door and say through it "Hang on I am unlocking it now"

I reach into my trench coat to hide the gun in my pocket trying to keep it out of view of Phil.

I pull my wallet out of my pocket after opening the door and ask the driver what the fare was then I give him the fare and a handsome tip and apologise about the wait. I also thank him for the ride.

After completing this I turn back to Phil and says "lets go sit down at your desk and talk about what you know and what I can to to help you with your exclusive story."

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm
by BenTheRat
After you deal with the driver who is disgruntled but the tip calms him down, you realize you have run through the whole $20 you were given last night.
Phil smiles and says, "sounds great, lets go talk." He leads you to the back room where Joe is laying out an article that features the pic of your team around the diner table. The headline looks like a work in progress but says Ghost Hunters Stalk Boston.
Phil says, "Joe, scrap that one, we'll run tomorrow as set. We're going to do something even better. Get your camera gear ready."
Then back to you, "Ok, I want access. I want to be there when you investigate, I want to do interviews, and I promise I'll make you guys out to be heroes. In exchange I'll stay out of your way, give you all the info I have on it, and have contacts all over that can be of use. Sound good."

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:40 pm
by DrVendetta
"Your terms sound fine but I have 1 term that must be guarenteed" Richard says as he sits down

"You can't run the story before Monday"

"Before you get all fired up against this lets talk this through, we have no documented facts yet but alot of collected data that we are still connecting the dots on. We will be done by Sunday at 5pm one way or the other this way you can run it and have 'The Complete' story as opposed to a bunch of unconnected dots that you try to piece together that may come back to haunt you if they are proven to be wrong after it goes to print."
Ben,persuade chance = 75% roll = 48% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4243307/[/url]so a success

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:31 am
by BenTheRat
"Sounds good to me," He reaches over to shake your hand.

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:21 am
by DrVendetta
I reach out and shake his hand and say "remember no article until Monday, now let me see the article you wrote on the house and what you have now and lets see if you can help me connect any of the dots that I have."

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil smiles, "done." He pulls out a folder and shows you the article he wrote 3 years ago that was a feature about the house.
While the article doesn't go into a lot of depth there is a some background and research material there with it that didn't make it into the article.
It talks about a family of French immigrants that moved into the house in 1880. They fled after a series of violent accendents left the parents dead and all 3 children crippled. The accidents reported were written off by the police as nothing more than that, just accidents. You can tell the story wanted to go into a more supernatural vein but stopped short.
The notes go a little deeper into the supernatural aspect of the ghosts in the house of one Mr.Corbitt, who is reportedly buried in the basement or attic. It seemed there were no real facts to go with this side of the story, which is probably why they were left out.
Phil smiled, "Ok, so tell me what you have found so far and we can figure out where the dots connect."

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:13 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard looks up from the file, "wow not a whole lot hear at all, The pongus is a special knife, we are not sure of its origins or where it comes into play but we feel that someone is trying to get there hands on it. There was an incident at the house where a previous tenant had stabbed himself in the face with a knife, ended up killing himself with it, not sure if this is the same knife or not I need you to dig up everything you can on that incident. Also there was a recent tenant there named Tom Lawrence he goes by Tom Law at times, has a pretty long rap sheet. I need everything you can find on him, he is connected with the goings on at the house somehow. So where are your notes on the Chapel and The Reverand? I dont see any refferences to that in here?" says Richard as he looks back up to Phil

as he is waiting for a response he continues "Also might want to check to see if Tom is connected to the Chapel in any way. Also what happened to the Reverands trial it just seems to end, and there is not a whole lot of news coverage on it someone in power had to be suprressing the story I would like to know who it was and why" Richard stops for a moment then gives Phil the name of the cop that said someone was trying to supress the story and case "He might be able to give you some information on that part of it"

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil pulls out the other articles, they are the ones you've already heard about and he didn't write these, so says he can't give you any more background on them.
"But I have a lot of info that never got written down here. The knife huh, well I know the knife the guy who killed himself had was a butcher knife, but the marks on the body didn't match at all. And I know Tom, he is a vagrant, or was till about a year ago, up and disappeared. You say he lived in the Corbitt house for a bit, that is interesting. You know he wasn't albino a year ago. That's recent.'
Phil lights up another cigarrette. "The chapel is a strange one, that thing was shut down, a few years back. Seemed they were all into devil worship and shit. Tom was still a vagrant long after that went down. But Corbitt was definetely a member.
Yea the good reverend ended up going to trial. Got sentenced to 40 years, that was back about 10 years ago. He escaped 4 years back, no one has seen him since."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:53 am
by DrVendetta
"The Reverand escaped eh? Well I would not be suprised if Tom isn't connected to the Revrand or the Chapel. I think if you can track Tom down he might lead you to the Revrand. So you got any idea how Tom became an albino? And why was there so little news coverage on the Chapel raid, I mean that many killed and arrested it should have been front page news for weeks and the trial as well?"

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:18 am
by BenTheRat
Phil put the cigarette out, "Before my time, but I talked with my editor, Sam, about it. He was here then. Said some suits showed up, didn't threaten them directly, but if the globe ran anything it might go up in flames. He said the editor at the time tried to stand up to 'em but when his family was mentioned he backed down. "
Phil looked down kind of sad. "The editor quit the next day and Sam was promoted. I came to work for em not long afterwards. When I wrote that story, I wanted to include all that but Sam said all the info disappeared with the suits and said I couldn't mention it. It was ..."
Joe pokes his head in, "Hey Phil, there's someone else at the door. Hasn't knocked yet just kind of messing around and looking in."
Phil looks a bit surprised, "Friend of yours?"

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:29 am
by DrVendetta
Richard sports a puzzled look on his face "no one knows I'm here"

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 am
by BenTheRat
"Joe, lets go see who's out there." Phil says and they get up and head towards the front door.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am
by DrVendetta
I stand back out of view but try to set it up so I can get a view of anyone who enters

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 am
by BenTheRat
ooc,just fyi, we need to wait for someone else to post first before we can continue here. He is pretty quick to post.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,np I am figuring on warren

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:54 pm
by BenTheRat
Joe opens the door, "Anyone out here," he asks.
From where you are, you can't see whats going on. You hear a voice from outside.
"Oh Warren, you surprised me there. What are you doing lurking around out here? Com one in" Joe says.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:32 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Just needed an address from my desk" I take another drag from the cigarette and start to move towards the door, "You never answered, what keeps you here so late?"

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm
by BenTheRat
As you step into the doorway you see Phil further back into the room, "Evening mate," he says.
There is someone else also in the shadows but you can't make out who it is. Joe answers, "Just working late with Phil on a story."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:35 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard thinks to himself, ok now I know how they managed to follow us, but why did they need me if they already have Warren in there pocket? I try to get a better view without revealing myself to anyone for when Warren walks in and goes to his desk, I want to ensure I know which desk is his and who is with him that I can't make out.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:04 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I smile at Phil, "Busy?", I don't want him to know I spotted him following me earlier. I move towards my desk, while trying to see who it is trying to stay out of sight.
So Phil and Joe are working together, interesting.
spot hidden,65% 1d100 → [66] = (66) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4245088/ damn missed by 1%

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:07 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,you are the one Warren can't make out.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil smiles, "I thought you had a hot date with Jenn tonight, wasn't expecting to see you here."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I walk to my desk open a drawer and start rummaging as though I'm searching for something. "Really, what gives you that idea?"
I can't figure out who is keeping out of sight, and I'm not going to give away that I know someone is there.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:21 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,I don't want Warren to see me so I try to stay out of sight I am assuming whoever was outside with him did not come in so I could not get a look at them?

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:36 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC Richard,I'm not sure where you got the idea there was someone else outside with him. There was not.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm
by BenTheRat
"She was talking about it after you called earlier. She even asked me for advice, cause she was nervous about you coming to her apartment. I suggested a quaint, little spot right by her flat." Phil said. "So what you looking for, maybe I can help?" He gives you that charmed smile you've come to despise.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I stop rummaging in my dek and look straight at him, "An address for a guy I'm trying to find - a Tom Lawrence or Law"
I'm watching for any sign of familiarity with the name Tom Law.
OOC,I'm resisting the urge to see what Richard is up too here.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:15 pm
by BenTheRat
"Tom Law you say, you should know he's a vagrant until he moved into the Corbitt place. I don't have an address for him beyond that" Phil replies.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I nod, smile then take a cigarette out and light it, cocking a leg over my desk I perch on it, "Okay Phil, lets stop beating around the bush, I know you know all about the Corbitt house. Even wrote a piece on it which the paper never ran." I spit an errant piece of tobacco from between my lips and look around for an ash tray, "So as they say, you show me yours and I'll show you mine."
"And whoever you've got trying to hide in the shadows there may as well show themselves.."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:29 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil laughs, "Well Warren old chum, looks like we'll be working together again, I know that just thrills the hell out of you. Richard and I" gesturing towards Richard in the shadows, "just worked out a deal to give me exclusive rights to your team's story."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:08 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I glance at the emrging figure of Richard and shake my head ruefully. "Wrong Pal, you may have made a deal with them but I haven't agreed to no deal".
I stand up, drop my cigarette butt to the floor and rub it out. Then turn towards the door, "Be seeing you"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 am
by DrVendetta
"Warren I would like to hear your side of whats going on here if you don't mind?" Richard says as he walks into the room

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:47 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I stop at Richard's question, and look over my shoulder towards him, "Why don't you ask your new pals why they've been following me around? Ask Phil there why the paper put the block on his 1918 story about the house? And ask him why he needs you to supply him with the story?"
I look towards the door and start walking, "Oh and Joe, if I see your camera pointed at me I'm gonna feed it to you."

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil sat down on a desk, "Calm down Warren. I don't mind discussing it. You want to know why the blocked my story a couple years back, plain and simple I didn't have enough proof to go with the angle I wanted. The story of the family I was told just dredged up old fears that need to be put aside. I say BullShit to that. This is a story that needs to be told, a mystery that needs to be solved. I maybe a decent reporter but I don't know Jack about dealing with that house."
He takes a pause and recomposes himself. "Listen, I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need to be a part of this, I'm just too afraid to go into the house alone, that's why I need you guys. You seem to have access, I heard about your team's incursion into the house just last night. And as to why I was following you, you may not believe it but I thought you might be planning to go into the house alone. Thought you might need some backup. When I saw you really did go to see Jenn, I peeled off and came back here. Thats why I told her about the speakeasy, I figured if she took you down there, you'd be done for the night and I didn't have to worry about you."

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:00 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Once more I come to a halt and turn to face Phil, "So you were following me out of concern for my well being? That's real big of you"
I look at Richard then back at Phil, "So we do the legwork and you get the story? Yeah I understand that much, but what's in it for us - glory?" I snort derisively, "Saw enough boys die for 'glory' in France 1n 1918"
I glance at the wall clock, "Well, its been a blast, but I've got an engagement". Once more I look at Richard, "You need a lift, or have you more to discuss with these two?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:41 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard is compeletly beside himself, first he thought that Warren had the photographer following them for a story he wanted to do, as it turns out Warren works for the paper the photograper is employed by but is on the other side of the fence from them on this story. This is really messed up.

Finally Richard chooses and says "I'll take the lift if you don't mind Warren" and he starts to follow Warren out the door, as he passes Phil he looks him in the eye and says "I will be watching to see that you keep your promise to me" and then he follows Warren out the door.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:47 pm
by DrVendetta
After they clear the door and are out of earshot Richard lets out a chuckle and says "Well Warren you do have one thing to thank those guys for, they saved you one hell of a beat down from me because the whole time I thought you were the one that had Joe following us and taking pictures"

"So what in God's name is going on here and why are you so against Phil on this I would think that two reporters working for the same paper would find a way to work together on the story and take joint credit" Richard ask of Warren

"And what is Phil's real interest in the House" Richard looks at Phil's face trying to read what he is thinking and feeling at the moment

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I nod toward my car and open up, sliding behind the wheel before I answer Richard, "Professional courtesy. Phil never made any attempt to ask me about our investigation. So I don't think that working together was in his plan. Also the guy is a smuck, thinks he's more important than he is." I start the car and pull away from the kerb.
"There's some cigarettes in the glove box help yourself." For a few seconds I drive in silence, concentrating on the road.
"So what exactly did he promise?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles then turns to Warren "That he would not print anything prior to Monday, I was just buying us time until after we are done. We don't need the public looking at us as we are walking around. He had Joe take a picture of all of us at diner I tracked Joe down to the globe, he said they were going to run a story tomorrow about Ghost Hunters looking into the Corbit house. I just bought us some time we will be done one way or another by Monday. I could care less who prints the story and would rather not be plastered all over the paper with a face like mine I am easy to pick out in public."

Richard continues "So why is Phil so into the Corbit house story? What was his angle that they would not let him print?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:18 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"No idea, but I have a hunch it has something to do with that Chapel. If someone had enough influence to shut the police investigation down, putting the lid on any newpaper story would be easy"
I light a cigarette, "Beneath the seat is a file that was put together for me by a friend at the paper. I never got time to look at it properly, maybe there's answers in there."
I crack open the window and flick ash ouside, "We are supposed to meet the others at 11 outside the Corbitt house, but if there's time how about giving the Chapel site a quick once over?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard says "Works for me" as he pulls the file out and starts reading through it.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:09 pm
by BenTheRat
As you read through the file there is nothing more than what you've already seen. Nothing new.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
As Richard looks through the file I drive to the site and pull up where I had stopped earlier. In the dark It looks more forbidding than in the daylight. I'm sure that I've probably got a flashlight somewhere in the trunk.
I open the door, "You packing by any chance?" Suddenly the comfort of a weapon seems beneficial.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:09 am
by BenTheRat
As you pulled through the small alley to get to the chapel you realize how tucked away this place is. The backs of the buildings make this little alley almost impassable.

It opens into a small parking lot with a huge lot. You can see the backs of buildings that surround the exterior of the lot on the other side of the tall fence that surrounds the whole place.

It is overgrown with tall grass and trees scattered about getting thicker the further back on the lot.

There are large rocks and stones scattered around as well and what looks like it could have been an archway crumbled near the entrance.

Go here to continue.