Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 4e: Back to the museum round 2

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm
by BenTheRat
Date: March 21, 1921, 5:00 PM

As you enter into Ms. Patton's office she is no where around, you wonder back to the lounge and again no one there.

Harrison and Charles are the first ones here just a few minutes after 5.
OOC,if you don't post I'll assume you are just making yourself comfortable, getting a drink and waiting on the others.

Re: IC: Ch 4e: Back to the museum round 2

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 am
by Occigon
"Well, that was largely disappointing, wasn't it?" Charles asks nobody in particular, as he pours himself a drink. "Let's hope our colleagues have gotten better results. And let's hope they've given up the idea of going into that house in the middle of the night. Frankly."

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:07 am
by BenTheRat
After getting a drink and relaxing the minutes tick off. About the time you start to think maybe you had the wrong time to meet up Warren and Jordie walk in around 5:30.

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:49 am
by Occigon
"Cheers!" says Charles, raising his glass to the newcomers. "What luck at the occult shop?"

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:03 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I head straight to the glasses and pour myself a drink, take a mouthfull and turn to Harrison and Charles, "We found out things, don't know about luck. I think its a case of the more we find out the wierder this litle adventure gets."
I look around to see if the others are here yet, "Probably best to wait till the others arrive, dont want to have to repeat this rwice"

"Anyway lets enjoy the good docs hospitality" I add as i fix myself another drink and light a Chesterfield.

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:08 am
by BenTheRat
You are enjoying a good drink when about 15 minutes later Sony and Michael walk in. Suits are rumpled and dirty.

Everyone is now here except for Richard and of course Ms. Patton.

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
As Sonny and Michael walk in I turn and look at the state their in, "Where the hell have you two been down someones root cellar?"

"So has anyone any idea as to Richards whereabouts? Hopefully Mrs Patton is rustling up some more food, I don't know about anyone else but my stomach is starting to think my throats been cut."
I laugh at my own joke and refill my glass, Shit three drinks on an empty stomach maybe not a good idea, still... I down the contents.

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:54 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Hi folks!" Sonny smiles "sorry we're late, we got locked in the police station, had make a daring escape, isn't that right Michael?" his smile expands into a large grin.

"Have we missed much or have you been waiting for us?" he looks around "ah, we're not the last, still waiting on Richard I see".

He goes over to the bar and pours himself a drink.

"Hmm...no sign of Ms. Patton?"

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:11 pm
by BenTheRat
Finally around 6 pm Richard comes in.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:12 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks straight back into the lounge expecting to find everyone in there and possibly something to eat from Ms Patton "My apologies for being late all, I hope I havent missed much, researching the court case ended up being a much deeper dive then I expected" Richard takes a second glance at Micheal and Sonny noyicing how they look deshuffled and wondering if they once again had a run in with some one or something.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:17 am
by BenTheRat
About this time the phone rings.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:15 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Hello?" Jordie answers the phone as she takes a quick glance back at the group.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 am
by BenTheRat
It was Ms. Patton, hello dear. I wanted to let you know I was given an errand to run, and is taking longer than expected. So I will not be able to provide dinner tonight.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:34 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard walks to the bar and pours himself a drink finds a comfortable chair to sit down in and then starts chewing on a piece of beef jerky waiting on some one to start into what ever they were into when he arrived.

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:10 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Okay" I say looking enviously at Richard chewing the jerky, "First off, the sign at the shop is nothing more than some heeby-jeeby good luck sign. Secondly, the boy, after a small outlay of cash, spilled his guts as to what the dagger is and what it is for." I refill my glass, take a mouthfull, swallow and continue.
"He said some mumbo jumbo bullshit about something called" I glance at my notes, "A 'Pognus', whatever that is, of the one who cannot be named. Then he went on about a King in Yellow, the plateau of Leng, Carcosa and someone or something called Hastur. And so on yada-yada-yada." I take another swallow of liquor, "The gist of it is that the dagger is bad juju." I look up from my notebook, "Anyway I wrote it all down in here, if anyone can make head or tail of it."
I finish my drink and put the glass down on a nearby surface, no more I've got somewhere to go and someone to see in a couple of hours.
"Oh we also found the site of that chapel, wierd place was blown up. Now its just an empty lot."

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:20 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Thanks for the heads up Ms. Patton, I'm sure we'll survive without you," Jordie hangs up the phone and turns around to face the group, "Seems Ms. Patton won't be serving us any late night bites this evening."

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:31 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Replying back to Warren's statement, "We may have just found rubble on that lot, but that doesn't mean there could be an underground cellar still intact, if the explosion didn't destroy everything that is."

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:50 pm
by BenTheRat
Some of you remember there is a restaurant across the street.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:08 am
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles at noticing Warrens envious stare at the jerky "Well I have some jerky if anyone needs a snack since Ms Patton wont have any eats for us tonight" as Richard lays out the bag of jerky from the store on the table for anyone who is interested he continues "I was hoping to eat well here tonight, I missed lunch and dinner myself"

Richard sits back down then goes on "Well you are correct that an explosion destroyed the Chapel, that came up in my research of the court case against Corbitt" Richard says to Warren. Richard goes on "I started with the original case of Norman Street vs Corbitt this was where the neighbors took up a case against Corbitt for practicing withcraft, this case was dismissed because the court did not believe that witchcraft exsisted but it did warn Corbitt to stop trying to practice it since it did not exsist in there opinion. I found two other related cases, the second case was Norman Street again vs Corbitt this time they were trying to keep Corbitt from being buried in the basement. Norman Street won this case on health reasons but I could find no record of where Corbitt was actually buried at. The last case I found was a criminal case from February of 1912 against The Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets. Turns out the DA got a warrant for a raid on the chapel on supiscion of kidnapping, when the police showed up there was a huge shootout." After taking a sip of his drink Richard continues in a dry tone looking over at Micheal to read his reaction "17 people were killed in the shootout, including 3 cops. There was some sort of an explosion and a fire. 54 people ended up being arrested after all the carnage was over."

Richard takes another bite out of his jerky and chews it up and takes another sip of his drink while trying to read Micheal "This was only 9 years ago you remember anything about this case Micheal? This had to be front page news with a death toll like this."

Richard looks back to the others in the room and continues "This is where it gets interesting, a cop named O'mally started complaining that there was a lot of illegal pressure going on behind the scenes to make the whole case go away. Of the original 54 people arrested all were released with the exception of 8 one of which was the Reverend, the executor of Corbitts estate. It says that the Reverend will be tried separately and then this case just ends, couldn't find anything else out on the other 7 and there is no record of the Reverend ever going to trial that I could find."

Richard looks back to Micheal "You might want to ask some of your pals down at the station if they knew anything about this case or if O'mally is still around, it would be interesting to hear his take on the case"

Richard then turns to Warren and says "There has to be information at the paper on this whole thing, I mean a kidnapping, a huge police raid, 17 people killed in a shoot out, 54 people arrested, explosions, fires... the press had to be all over this."

Richard lays out a piece of paper on the table with the three Case names and case numbers on it for everyone to see in case they need it for there contacts to dig up information.

Richard then sits back in his seat again and says "So what did everyone else find out?"

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I grin at Richard as he takes a seat, "Yeah, already got the paper angle covered. Someone is taking a look in the archives for me"
I Glance at my watch.
"Which reminds me" I repocket my watch, "I have an important engagement at 8, pertaining to that very thing. So if we can move this along, I need to get to my place and freshen up".

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Well we didn't find much more than that" adds Sonny "we spent the afternoon going through the PD archives and found the case notes on the raid on the chapel, basically it's all written up and then it's kinda filed and forgotten - no follow up notes or investigations or nuthin'"

He looks around "Does seem kinda strange don't it? We dug a bit more about Tom Law/Lawrence he's got a rap sheet for burglary, robbery, loitering that kinda stuff, though 'parantly he's been a good boy for the last coupla years. He's listed as homeless - got a park bench in one of the parks he calls home

We ended up getting locked in to the cop-shop so had break out. Was going to head over to the site of the chapel but realised we were already late, so came straight back here

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:01 pm
by Occigon
"Well, we didn't get much," says Charles. "In 1911, the good Reverend Thomas and his congregation were suspected of being involved in the disappearance of a number of neighborhood children. He and seven others were arraigned the following year. Thomas was found guilty of kidnapping and sentenced to 40 years in prison, but someone seems to go to a lot of trouble to stop word from getting around - not a word about it the Globe, only the Tattler."

"Now, shall we head to a restaurant nearby and try to get a decent meal? And then maybe we can hear a little more of how Sonny and Michael got locked up?"

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:57 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"I'll admit the idea of hitting a restaurant is a good idea, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass." I pick up my hat and coat.
"Sounds as though there will be little to gain from my associates search of the paper's archives, we seem to have most of the information between us."
I look over to Sonny, "There aint much to see at the site of the chapel, me and Jordie gave it a once over before we came here. Mostly overgrown rubbish, however we did see someone poking around but by the time we got to where we had seen him he was long gone"
Having picked up my things I walk towards the door, "Enjoy your meal. Perhaps we ought to meet back here at say, eleven, and go and have a look at the house. It would seem that night time is the time everything happens there and our albino friend chooses to go visiting."

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard responds to the dinner remark"I am up for having dinner as I am starved, but I am not sure about poking around the house at 11pm though, maybe stake it out. Why don't you meet us across the street from the house at 11pm and we can decide what we want to do then. The rest of us can talk over what are options are over dinner. "

"Sure you don't want to join us since you don't have to meet your source at the paper now?" Richard ask of Warren before he leaves

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

I nod to Richard as I open the door, "Thanks but I'll keep the appointment all the same. But okay I'll meet you all opposite the house at 11pm and see where we go from there"
As I leave I throw a wink at Jordie, "Take care and stay out of trouble. See you all later."

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 pm
by Papa Gateau
"HmmMmm...oh yeah food sounds great! Can't go ghost huntin' on an empty stomach and I'm famished!"

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 am
by BenTheRat
OOC Warren,Warren go [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4623]here[/url]

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 am
by DrVendetta
Richard ask everyone "So any suggestions on where to go eat?"

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:38 am
by Papa Gateau
"I'm a new boy round these parts and don't really know my way around yet. I think I saw a restaurant near by - don't know how good it is though."

"I've been thinking. We want to find out a bit more about this knife, the chapel, the pognus and all this other stuff we been finding out about yeah? Well aren't we in the best place to do that? You know, this is the place,the museum, is where the professor does his work, I bet he has loads of books and stuff that could help us"

"Let's go get a quick bite and then see if there is anything here that could help us?

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 am
by Occigon
"Let's go to the restaurant across the street," says Charles decisively. "I'm hungry enough that as long as they're not serving actual poison, it'll do". He stands up and heads for the door.

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:32 pm
by BenTheRat
As you follow Warren out you see him get in his car and drive away. You cross the street and see a small diner.
You enter and they are about half full. There is one large round table in the corner that is unoccupied. As you come in a waitress says, "Sit anywhere, I'll be right there."

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:43 pm
by Papa Gateau
"That table over there looks like it's got our names on it" says Sonny indicating the round table.

He walks over and pulls out a chair, smiling at Jodie he continues "Miss, would you care to sit?"

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard takes a seat at the table on the wall side so he has a good view of the rest of the diner as well as who is coming and going.

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:01 pm
by BenTheRat
You see a couple come in a few minutes after you and find a seat on the opposite side of the restaraunt. Soon after a man by himself comes in with a bag slung over his shoulder, he grabs a table 2 over from yours.
Richard,make a spot hidden check

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:40 am
by DrVendetta
Richard glances at the menu as he is taking in the dinner and starts a conversation with the group "So what are everyones thoughts so far?"
Ben,spot hidden chance= 45% roll = 77 so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4231890/[/url]

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:47 am
by BenTheRat
Everything looks completely normal.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Thank you kindly", politely accepting Sonny's kind gesture of courtesy, Jordie returns the smile and takes the seat.
OOC,May I make the Spot Hidden roll too?

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 am
by BenTheRat
ooc,no to the spot hidden, there are reasons why.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:50 am
by Papa Gateau
Sonny takes a seat next to Jodie

"Ok, let's start by summarising what we know and then maybe see if we can find some threads to tie things together

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:33 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC ALL,Just a reminder, if someones name is on the button, only that person is supposed to read what is inside. Thus Papa, you should have never known that Richard was making a spot hidden check to begin with.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm
by Papa Gateau
Ben,I didn't click the button for Richard - I think your comment should be directed at one of the other players. No offense taken :)

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 pm
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,To be frank Ben, sometimes you'll have a spoiler up exclusively for somebody, then the next post would have no clear reference to their respective player; unless, you'd read that player's spoiler to understand the context. You just did that a few posts ago with [b]Dr.Vendetta[/b].[quote="BenTheRat"]You see a couple come in a few minutes after you and find a seat on the opposite side of the restaraunt. Soon after a man by himself comes in with a bag slung over his shoulder, he grabs a table 2 over from yours. . Richard,make a spot hidden check[/quote] [quote="BenTheRat"]Everything looks completely normal.[/quote] Please, if you really want something exclusive, left relevant for a player, leave them in spoiler buttons. Though, it hasn't really stopped me from reading them :roll:. I'll go stand in the corner now.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC POST,Papa, you are correct, that should not have been targeted at you, typo from going to fast. And Yes I should have put that post in a button for Richard. So I'll take full responsibilities for these. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie felt what she knew wouldn't amount to much with the investigation. After all, it was a housecleaning job so some poor fools will have to call it home someday. However, Jordie was no French maid, she's the kind who leaves messes behind and take admired antiques into better hands. The house had a history thicker than a phonebook, and Jordie felt more comfortable knowing less then she needs to know. Though, some mysteries had her craving for more, "Seems our albino friend Mr.Law has been a pretty busy fellow in town lately. Something tells me he's part of this cute cult from The Chapel of Contemplation something or another. Warren and I might've saw him at the grounds there with, or even one of his friends. Nobody goes to an empty lot for no reason, and I think our albino fellow was there for something important. After it's explosive makeover, the structures fell but I think the foundation of the basement are still there. If we're going to the house tonight, I'd like to go to the Chapel grounds first. Would rather play with a full deck."

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:28 am
by DrVendetta
Richard chimes in to Jordies comment about the Chapel lot "You saw the albino with someone else today? I would like to hear more on that but I like that idea of going to the old Chapel lot for a close look as I have not been to that site yet."

Richard waits a moment to see if anyone else is going to give any input, when no one speaks up he continues "I am still very interested in where Corbitt was buried at since I could not find any record of where this ended up taking place at. I mean are we going to find a grave in the basement of the house? Just because the court said it couldn't be done doesn't mean it wasn't done, and why was it so important to him to be buried there in the first place? Then again if the police were keeping a close eye on the house maybe they, being the Chapel cultist, buried him in the basement of the Chapel. Remember the original charge against the Chapel was for kidnapping maybe they were trying to resurecte our friend Mr Corbitt and needed some bodies as part of there vodu cult ritual. I am convinced that Corbitt was a part of the Chapel, I just don't have a feel for what his connection was, was he a follower or a leader? "

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:20 am
by Occigon
Charleswaves over a waiter. "Let's order some food, shall we?"

Once everyone has ordered, Charles says, keeping his voice as low as possible, "Well, I think there's no help for it: we will have to check out both the house and the Chapel. I continue to think, however, that doing so at night sounds exceedingly unwise."

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:03 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Haste makes waste," Jordie draws out an exhaustive breath, "There sure is a lot of spooky monkey talk surrounding this house." Leaning on the table, Jordie rests her forehead on the palm of her hand and slowly closes her eyes. Some black coffee would be perfect to wake her out of her spell.

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:00 am
by Papa Gateau
"Well, I'm happy to investigate both the house and what's left of the chapel - as it appears our friendly albino is interested in both."

"Also, does any one know what a 'pognus' is? I sure as hell don't
OOC,Occult[45]: 90 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4233528/
I still think the best place to research some of this stuff - the yellow king, the chapel of whatever, the pognus...all this stuff is at the museum. The professor is bound to have tons of reference books and stuff on all this.

You know, didn't he say that first night something like 'I feel strange about this one, it's like an old ghost returning'? Like he has already dealt with this or something like it? I bet he must have something in his library that can help us find out what's going on

Sonny stops talking as the waitress brings food to the table "Man that smells good! Man I's so hungry my belly thinks my mouth is on strike!

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:23 pm
by Occigon
"Talking to the professor might be a good idea - if we can find him. Alas, both he and Mrs. Patton seem to have gone to ground," muses Charles. Casting a concerned look at Jordie, he calls over a waiter. "Can we get some coffee over here for the lady?"

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:08 pm
by BenTheRat
The waiter comes over and says, "Yea just one second." and scurries away. A few minutes later returns with a cup of black coffee sets it down and runs off. The Restaraunt is filling up and almost every booth or table is occupied. It seems the Cow Tongue is particularly popular.

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:46 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard speaks up "Yes I believe that the Proffesor could help Sonny, but his library does us no good if we do not have a list of what he has, where it is stored, or how to find it. I am ok with using the information there but we will need Ms Patton at a minimum to make checking there useful"

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:21 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie looks up from her daze, "'Pognus of the one who cannot be named, is what that knife is called. Rubbing her eyes in, Jordie sits herself up and says, "I believe the Professor said he was out of town, so we'll have to ask Ms.Patton for an extra hand on this."

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 am
by DrVendetta
Richard sits back in his chair reveiwing the diner again and all its new patrons wondering why it is so crowded right now.
Ben,here is another spot hidden roll for the diner and the new patrons spot hidden chance = 45% roll = 83 so another failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4234302/[/url]. [b]Richard[/b] is also reading his memoirs for any reference to Pognus of the one who cannot be named occult chance = 10% roll = 28 so a failure on this roll as well [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4234304/[/url]
Richard ask "So did Ms Patton give any indication of when she would return Joride?"

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:26 am
by DetectiveSocks
If there was a game Richard would be good at, Jordie imagine it'd be the 20-question game. Jordie felt she was being cross-examined by a defense attorney. Of what Jordie could recall from Richard's first impression, his vocab was dry and formal like cheap scotch, and his words rolled off like it came from the Phenomenological ontology textbook. A dry book filled with questions after question, that she had read to impress the cute boy in her philosophy program. It's hardly a pickup line that would impress anyone. He had that air around him, like he held a candle in the dark where everything under the sun would show it's real colour. Richard seemed to be that kind of man to leave no stone unturned, and follow through it's logic. To Jordie, she had to admit it was somewhat admirable.

She shrugged her shoulder and shakes her head; feigning a polite smile to Richard, as she let her eyes wander off into the rush hour of the evening.

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:35 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC Pognus,Everyone can make a roll to see if they recognize the word. I'm not going to say what its against to give you ideas. So just roll and I'll tell you if it works or not. If someone wants to roll for Harrison and Michael they can.

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:42 pm
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Idea Roll? Latin? Or occult? Can somebody roll for me if everybody has rolled already? Thanks

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,I'm not telling you what to roll under because if I did, I'd give it away. I know what everyone needs, just roll and who that roll is for and I'll let you know if you pass or not.

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Roll = 2 of course I roll well on something that is probably fairly meaningless lol [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4236619/[/url]

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:32 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,You are pretty sure Pognus is a foreign word. Possibly Latin.

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard looks around at the crowded restraunt again mulling over in his mind what the groups next move should be. "So shoul we go check the Chapel grounds after we finish eating?" Richard ask of the group

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:21 am
by BenTheRat
A man walks to within about 5-8 feet of your table, and says "smile". Before you can react he has raised a small camera and taken the picture of all of you.
"Thanks guys" and takes off running.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 am
by Occigon
Pognus Roll,Roll=59 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4239267/

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 am
by BenTheRat
Charles,you think it could be Latin, but you've never heard it before.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie didn't like how unsettling the show has started, the mysterious man has given her a front row centre seat to an ominous crescendo. Maybe it was just an innocent gesture, for the restaurant's collage of cheery patrons, but Jordie and her ragtag group of misfits aren't quite the happy go-getters that fit the bill.

Jordie turns around from her seat to see the mysterious person walk off.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:20 pm
by BenTheRat
You see him pick up a bag as he hurries out the front door.
The waiter walks up, "Are you guys famous or something?"
Richard,You recognize the photographer as the lone guy who came in right after you and sat only 2 tables down.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard gets up and says "I am going to find out what that was about I'll be back" and quickly leaves.
Ben,[b]Richard[/b] discretly follows the man out the restraunt and follows him from a distance to see where he goes. Richard does not like his picture being taken and very suspicious of why this man wanted it as it is fairly clear that he followed us in to the restraunt. Track chance = 45 roll = 42 so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4239757/[/url]

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard was on the far side of the table (so he could keep an eye on people). By the time you get around the table, to the front door and out, you see the photographer in a cab driving away. He gives you a bit of a salute and smile as he pulls away.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,no other cabs of course?

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 pm
by BenTheRat
There is a couple cabs waiting for any patrons. You see the driver leaning against his car reading the paper.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 pm
by DrVendetta
"Hey lets go" Richard says as he jumps in the lead cab trying to see if the photographer saw him get in the cab.
"Follow that cab" Richard points to the cab the photographer jumped into. "I got a big tip if we dont loose the guy in that cab, try to not make it obvious that we are following him if you can" Richard tells the driver

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:59 pm
by BenTheRat
"Whats the hurry bud?'
Richard,make a persuade roll to convince him to hurry. If you pass it, he needs to pass 3 auto pilot rolls to catch up and not lose him. He has a 60% auto pilot skill.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:07 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Persuade chance = 75% roll = 52 so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4240084/[/url]
"You loose him and no tip lets go" Richard says "Don't forget I don't want him to know we are following him if possible, but it is more important not to loose him"

Thoughts race through Richards mind on why someone would need a photo of the group. The professor would have just asked if he wanted one, worst case scenario the photographer could be associated with the albino or the chapel but Richard can't figure out how they would know that they were being investigated by this quickly thrown together MAPS group. As Richard recalls conversations from the first day it pops into his mind that Warren had 'Wished he had his Camera' and he was a reporter, if Warren put this guy up to this he would have it out with Warren the next time they got together. The last thing Richard needed was his face plastered across the newspapers.

Richard looks forward to see how the driver is doing at following the photographer.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 am
by BenTheRat
Driver says, "Sounds good enough to me," he throws the cab in gear and slams on the gas. He speeds towards the car as it turns. "But if I get a ticket, you're paying for it."
Richard,you need to go [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4632]here.[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 am
by BenTheRat
After the guy takes your picture and heads out, Richard jumps up, runs out and jumps in a cab. Before the rest of you can do much he is gone.
What are you guys doing?

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny jumps up and follows Richard but isn't quick to catch up with him. He returns to the table

"Richie-boy is in fast pursuit of the photographer - they're both in cabs. Suppose we can finish our meal and then head back to the museum. See if Mrs.P has returned and can help us with the Professor's library....or we can head over to the house?"

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:50 am
by Occigon
"Well, that was strange. Let's finish up here and head back to the museum," says Charles. "After all, that's where Richard will look for us when he comes back, no?"

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 pm
by BenTheRat
As you finish your meal and pay, nothing else unusual happens. You stroll back to the museum and the back door has now been locked. You don't see Richard around and its been a while.
OOC,The 2 of you need to drive this thread, I think we lost some of the others.

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:52 pm
by Occigon
"Well, that's certainly frustrating," says Charles. "What now? Shall we come back in the morning? Do we risk going to the house - in fewer numbers and at night?"

"And who, I wonder, locked this door?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:10 pm
by DrPeterson
"Well, let's ask, shall we?"

Harrison knocks loudly on the door, not glad to be kept waiting, he knocks a second time, even louder than the first.

"I'm sure, Mrs P. will have heard that if she's still inside."

He pulls a cigarette from his coat and lights it, looking at the other two.

"I can't believe we could have missed her coming and going, we were right across the street."

He nervously takes a few drags and then shakes his head.

"If no one's home, we should go and stake out the house."

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:49 pm
by BenTheRat
You wait for a few minutes and no one answers the door.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 pm
by DrPeterson
"Come on, guys, we've got better uses of our time than waiting around for no one to open a door that'll be open in the morning."

Harrison discards the butt of his cigarette with a practised flick and grins suddenly.

"Unless either of you need to refill their canteens and feels like busting the door, I suggest we take the car and go to the house."

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC ALL,The plan was to meet at the house at 11, it is currently 9:15.

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Busting doors is too... Primitive for my tastes," Jordie waves a set of lock-picking tools in her hand like a wand, "I can open the door, but there really isn't anything inside I need." Jordie crosses her arms towards Harrison with her hand still clenching the lock-picks, "We can split the group up, I'd rather much visit the Chapel grounds and you can stakeout the funhouse. And where is that silly fool Richard ran off to?"

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison holds up his hands in front of him, in a mock gesture of submission.

"Alright, alright, I know better than to argue with dames. We'll swing by the Chapel on our way to the house.There's no way in hell I'm to that place on my lonesome."

He raises an amused eyebrow as he glances at the lock picks.

"I'm not too sure I should show you which is my car however. And I've no idea where that guy ran off too, he's always bolting off on his own, that one."

It's easily noticeable that Harrison bears little love for Richard.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:03 am
by BenTheRat
As you get get into the car, and drive its not far. For those that haven't been there its only a block or so from the Corbitt House.

To get to it you take what looks like an alley between tall buildings, till it opens up into a small parking lot then a huge lot. You can see the backs of buildings on the other side of the large fence that surrounds the place. It is overgrown with high grass and trees scattered around the lot. The further back the thicker they are.
Close to the parking lot is some crumbled stone and what looks like could have been an archway.

The first thing you notice is there is another car here. It appears to have just arrived and the 2 men you quickly recognize as Warren and Richard. How they ended up together is anyone's guess.

Everyone please go to this threadto continue.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:38 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,I assuming you mean [b]Warren[/b] and [b]Richard[/b] are there? I swear I didn't read into their threads, haha, I notice their threads are locked.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 am
by BenTheRat
OOC,1st thanks for catching my typo fixed. And it was logical to go there. But after you read everything that happened in the other threads, its really weird how you guys end up in the same place at the same time.