Page 1 of 1

IC 3c: Richard chasing down an Albino

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 pm
by BenTheRat
As you wake up in the morning in your own bed, you half wonder if it was all a dream. But that flask on your bed table and the $20 under it verify it was true. Now, where do I go to track down this Albino.
OOC,You are the only one without a specific location to go to, so let me know your plan.

Re: IC 3c: Richard chasing down an Albino

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:12 am
by DrVendetta
Richard reviews all of the things that were gone over last night at the meeting in his head. He checks his pocket watch before placing it in his pocket, 8:05am. After dressing Richard goes out to seek the closet market, occult shop, police station, hospital, and fire station to the haunted house. He figures that he might stop in and check a few neighbors and or gangs of kids playing near the house to see if anyone has noticed the Albino or has any leads.

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 am
by BenTheRat
sounds good, where do you want to start first.
edit: I'll start with the first one you listed and we can go from there.

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm
by BenTheRat
As Richard heads to Norman street, its a warm and bustling Monday morning. But turning onto the street is a disappointment.
The majority of the street is now made up of businesses that are offices, warehouses and such. Not much in the way of grocers and vendors. There is one small shop that sells Cigars and magazines on the block and a bit further down is a small grocer selling fresh fruits and dairy.
At the Cigar stand an elderly man is sitting on a stool reading a newspaper, while in the grocer a young man, maybe 14, is talking a lady into buying some tomatoes.
You also see the house, sitting alone among the businesses. The overgrown yard, the unpainted house looks old.
It seems to withdraw itself into the shadows even in the morning light.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks over to the cigar stand and looks over the different brands of cigars that are laid out for sale. While looking over the cigars (without looking at the old man) Richard ask "Any recomendations on what is offered here?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:27 am
by BenTheRat
"Morning sir. I have some excellent Cuban's here, or if you'd like a little more South American flavor, I have several of those. I also have most cigarette brands. And of course all the magazines and newspapers you see here." The vendor says.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:38 am
by DrVendetta
"South American sounds good, do you have any from Peru?" ask Richard

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:43 am
by BenTheRat
"Yes, I have 1 Peruvian brand here, very nice. $1."

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am
by DrVendetta
Richard seems surprised with his response "$1, wow that seems a little high" Richard picks one up an runs it under his nose smelling the cigar. "So have you been selling at this stand here long?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
"Yes, $1 is a bit on the high side, but Peruvian's are the best there are. If you'd rather have a 5 or 10 cent cigar, I have plenty of those as well. To answer your question, yea, I've been selling here about 3 or 4 years."

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:02 am
by DrVendetta
Richard replys "I agree with you Peruvians are the best there are and they are much harder to come by then the standard Cubans, so did you ever notice the gentleman that used to live in that house over there" Richard points at the house with the cigar that is still in his hand, he watches the old mans eyes to see if he looks at the house he is pointing to as he reaches into his pocket for his money clip.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 am
by BenTheRat
"Yea, nice man, though I usually dealt with his wife. She'd come buy a paper once a week or so." A gentleman walks up and picks up a Boston Globe and hands the vendor a nickle. "Thank you sir," the vendor says, but the man doesn't even look up and heads into one of the nearby offices.
"That's 90% of my business right there, not even a you're welcome. I might have to find a new place." He picks up a package of matches to hand to you with the cigar. "Terrible what happened to them. Heard they both went to the looney bin. That Corbitt place will do it to you."

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:36 am
by DrVendetta
"Corbitt? who was Corbitt?" Richard ask

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:49 am
by BenTheRat
The vendor thinks for a minute, "You know I have no idea. I've always just heard it called that. Stay away from the Corbitt house, its haunted." He smiles for second. "Must have been the original owners or something. Things got to be a hundred years old. Corbitt is probably long dead and buried by now. Wish they would have just tore it down with the rest of the homes on this street. So you want the Peruvian?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 am
by DrVendetta
"Yes I will take the Peruvian" Richard hands the man a dollar coin. "So what did the wife use to tell you about the house? Did she say anything about it being haunted or any strange things that they experienced? Richard ask

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 am
by BenTheRat
"We didn't talk a whole lot." He paused and thought for a moment, "I remember after the husband was taken away she didn't like to leave the 2 boys in the house alone for long. She did say something about one of the bedrooms being off limits. What did she say? Something like 'they better not be in that last bedroom.' That's about all I remember her saying about the house. Thank you." You notice him hold it up for a sec then slip it in one of the many pockets of the cloth belt he has on. "Anything else I can get you?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:25 am
by DrVendetta
Richard tucks the cigar into his shirt pocket and says "Well actually I did not know about the couple you were talking about, I believe there was a half albino that lived in there I guess before them. You ever see him around?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 am
by BenTheRat
The old man looks a bit shaken when you say that, "Well I got a business to run here, I don't have all day to talk to you. Thanks," Then as a lady walks up, he rushes over to pick up a paper and hand it to her, "Here you go mam, you have a good day." As he takes the coin and slips it in his pouch, he turns his back to you while he straightens his stack of papers.
The vendor whispers over his shoulder, "I don't want no trouble here, so just move on."

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 am
by DrVendetta
Richard turns to the vendor an apologiticaly say "Sorry I didnt mean to offend him, I take it he had issue with the Albino then?"

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 am
by BenTheRat
The vendor turns around, "You haven't offended anyone," the vendor looks left and right "But I think its time you move on your way."
OOC,Make a psychology roll for me

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 am
by DrVendetta
Psych roll,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4189500/[/url] 90 roll failed
As Richard walks past the old man as he is leaving he says "Thank you for the fine peruvian, you have a wonderfull day"

Richard walks down the street taking in the differrent buisness's and buildings on the street.

He has his eye out for the local beat cop that would patrol this area during buisness hours.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 am
by BenTheRat
"You have a good day sir." As you walk away you hear from the vendor. As you go down the street you don't notice any police at all.
OOC,make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:14 am
by DrVendetta
Spot Hidden roll,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4189604/[/url]lol ok the other side of the spectrum a roll of 1 45% chance roll = succeed

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
You don't see any police but you do spot a small occult shop. The entrance is on the side of the building with stairs leading down to a basement door.
On the plain wooden door at the bottom of the stairs is this symbol.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:17 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard takes out his pad an pencil from the bag of supplies tha Ms Patton had given him the night before and sketches the symbol in the pad.
Richard returns the pad to the bag and walks into the shop, he is hoping that maybe the albino that was excited about the "Corbitt" house being haunted might have frequented this shop.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:38 pm
by BenTheRat
As you walk into the shop
A young man in a vest and hat says, "Mornin', Can I help you?"

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:48 pm
by DrVendetta
"Good Morning" Richard says back, he slowly walks down the isle towards the shop keeper taking in all the items, books, and other items in the shop as he walks by them. "Nice little shop you have hear, so how are you doing today?"

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 pm
by BenTheRat
"I'm doing well thank you. What can I interest you in today?" The shop guy answers.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:35 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard walks up to the shop keeper and says 'actually I am curious about the "Corbitt House" down the street, what can you tell me about it?'

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm
by BenTheRat
"Sure, one of the reasons I moved here. Thought it would bring a lot of tourists, but couldn't be further from the truth. Turns out people don't want to see a real haunted house." he starts wiping down a counter. "I went in once myself. You won't get me in that house again. Place is crazy."

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm
by DrVendetta
"So whats the history on it?" Richard ask

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 pm
by BenTheRat
"Do you want the legends or the real deal?" He smiles. "You don't look like the usual tourist."
He looks you up and down. "Buy something to get the legends, the real story costs more."

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles at the man as he pulls out his money clip "You are very observant, I will pay for the real deal, but I want all of it, don't leave anything out. Also anything you know about Tom Lawrence the half Albino that lived there previous to the last residents and what happened to him as well"
Persude roll,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4190475/[/url]Roll = 63 75% chance so roll suceeds

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:33 pm
by BenTheRat
The clerk takes the money, pockets it and smiles, "Yea I've seen that guy in here. It was a while back, over a year when I first saw him. Man, that dude was over the top. He was hardcore. Spooked me, he wanted stuff I don't carry, and I carry most things. I heard him say something about doing a ritual to some king. Was it yellow king or something like that? Then didn't see him for 6-8 months. But in the last couple weeks he's been back. Doesn't talk much, just picks up candles and incense and crap. Always wears something over his head. But I swear he's changed. I wouldn't call him half-albino anymore."
The clerk stops and lights up a cigarette. " Now about the house. They call it the Corbitt house. Some dude named Corbitt bought it back 80 years ago and lived in it a long time. At one point people sued to get the courts to force him to move. Was doing witchcraft and shit. I've even heard he wanted to be buried there. Since then its been serious trouble. Lots of people going crazy, suicides, murders, whole families getting sick. Accidents that would wipe out a whole family."
He takes a puff, "What was her name, Gabriella, something like that, she came in wanting me to sell her anything to ward off evil spirits. I sold her some wards, but I guess they didn't do the trick. She came back wanting more I suggested a priest at the local parish. Then they hauled her off just a couple weeks ago."
"That's really about it in a nutshell, what else you want to know?"

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:04 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard looks at the shop keeper with a puzzled look on his face "When was the last time Tom was in here? And why would you not describe him as half Albino anymore?"

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm
by BenTheRat
"Hmm, maybe 3 days ago. It was tough, like I said he keeps his face covered, but last time in, he looked full albino."
OOC,note I edited my previous point. let me know if you don't see the change.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 am
by DrVendetta
Richard ask "What kinds of things did he want originally for his ritual?"
Richard turns and looks around the shop "Your shop looks like it has almost everything anything some into the occult could possibly want, what things did he possibly want that you don't carry?"
Richard turns back to the shop keeper and goes on "What type of ritual would these types of items be used for?"
Richard ask all the questions in an innocent inquesical way as to not spoke the shop keeper or make him feel like he was over riding him with questions.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 pm
by BenTheRat
"Man that was a year ago, and I couldn't pronounce half the crap on the list anyway." He takes another drag on his cigarette.
"As for what it was used for, beats the hell out of me. I can do some simple charms, and stuff. I've never needed anything like what this guy had."
You see his face brighten up. " Wait, I made a list so I could try and get a hold of it for him. He came by a couple days later and cancelled it. I probably still have that order invoice somewhere. It would take me a bit of time to dig it out. If it was worth my while." He smiles at you.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard lays a couple of bills out on the counter in front of the shop keeper, as the shop keeper reaches for the money Richard lays his hand over it and looks the man in the eyes with a intent stair, and says "the list first please, also I would apprecaite it if you could draw me out a sketch of the in inside of the house from when you were in it" as Richard lays another bill down on the others.

Richard then smiles as the man comes to the understanding that Richard is treating this as a straight up buisness deal and is clearly willing to hold up his end of the deal provided the shop keeper keeps up his end.

As the shop keeper turns to retrieve the list Richard ask "So if he was just here 3 days ago do you have any idea where he is staying at now? Has he moved back into the house as I have heard the most recent residents have since left the house?"

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:47 pm
by BenTheRat
The store owner looks up at Richard, "done." He smiles as he puts the bills in his pocket.
He pulls out some paper and starts to sketch the house. "Now I didn't get far into it. I barely got in and went into the living room when I heard someone else upstairs, so I beat out of there. But this is what I saw. Long hall, 3 doors and a stair going up on the left. On the right 3 doors, the double ones on the right were to a living room with fireplace. Sorry I don't know more than that."
He hands you the paper.
"Give me a sec to grab that invoice." He pulls out a box and starts digging through it. A few minutes later he pulls out a sheet. "Yea, here it is." He spins it around so you can see it. He points to the first word, 'Carrageenan ', "I did a bit of research, you get this from seaweed extract." He points to the 2nd word, 'Carminic Acid', "You get this from crushing a certain type beetle and then boiling them." You look at the next word on the list, 'Xanthan gum', "This stuff is really gross, you rot vegetables, and then you skim off the slime that forms, and then boil it. Weird huh. I found out it is used as a thickening agent. And finally this," 'Polydimethylsiloxane', "How the hell you pronounce that is beyond me. When I tried to do some research, I couldn't even find out how to make it. Just that its used as a binding agent."
He put his cigarette out. "He needed other stuff, but I had all that."

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles as he takes the sketch and the list of ingredents from the shop keeper.
Richard looks back at the shop keeper and ask "So do you have any idea where he may be hanging out or staying at?"

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:02 pm
by BenTheRat
"Nah, to be honest I don't get out of the shop much. Anything else I can do you for?" He says.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 pm
by DrVendetta
"One last question have you ever heard of a group called M.A.P.S.?" Richard ask with a puzzled look on his face

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:46 pm
by BenTheRat
The guy looks puzzled, "No, what do they study maps or something?"

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:21 am
by DrVendetta
Richard chuckles "I don't believe so but I am not so sure myself that why I asked. Thanks for your time, if you here or see Tom again you can leave me a message at this number" Richard writes down the number he got from Ms Patton and hands it to the shop keeper "leave a message with who ever answers the phone that you have something on Tom and I will come back to see you, if its helpful or leads me to Tom I will make it worth your wild. Thanks again for your time and have a nice day."

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:26 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks out of the shop and back up to the street. He looks up and down the street to see what else he can take in, looking for any other homes on the street and or the oldest looking buisness.

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:31 am
by BenTheRat
The shop keeper says "good day" as you walk out.
When you get to the top, you see there aren't any homes here except for the Corbitt house. Everything else is plain looking buildings, with generic business signs of office type businesses that don't take customers. The only other store that seems customer driven is the small grocer store at the end of the street. Its about 11 am.

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks over to the grocer's shop. He walks in and looks around.

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 am
by BenTheRat
The grocer is fairly small. You see a few stands of fresh vegetables and other dried food goods, like beans and beef. You also see some seasoning spices, salt, etc... You see a woman sitting at the back reading the paper. A boy of perhaps 13 is straightening out things. "Can I help you mister?" He asks.

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks at the boy seeing if he is frightened or curious about his facial scars. He smiles and says "Why yes you can, I am looking for some beef jerky could you help me find some as I am new here?"

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 am
by BenTheRat
"It's right here sir," he takes out a small paper bag, and opens the jar, "how much would you like?"

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 am
by DrVendetta
"Let me have a $1.00 worth please. So do you live around here?" Richard ask

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm
by BenTheRat
"Wow mister, ok, Ms. Ohare?" He yells back at the woman.
The woman in the back lifts her head out of the paper for a second. Then in a distinctive Irish accent. "You got it Johnny, just do the math."
The young man pulls out a piece of paper and and writes down 1 oz = 5 cents. Then divides 5 into 100, before getting 20 oz. He then pulls out a scale and weighs out 20 ounces worth of beef jerky.
He talks while working, "no, live just over the bridge."
He gets out a bigger bag and puts your jerky into that, "there you go mister, one dollar."

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:34 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard hands the boy a dollar and ask "Did you know either of the two young lads that use to live in the Corbitt house?"

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm
by BenTheRat
The boy looks a bit surprised when you mention the Corbitt house. "No sir, they were much younger than me, and my momma would whip my ass if I was to play over at that house."

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:05 am
by DrVendetta
"Do you think that your mother would lend me a moment of here time to speak to me?" ask Richard

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 am
by BenTheRat
"Who, Ms. O'hare? She aint my mama, her and her husband own this grocer, I just work here. My mama might be at home, if you wanted to talk to her."
Johnny said.

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 am
by DrVendetta
"Oh I am sorry Johnny, I thought Ms Ohara was your mother, thats ok I can go ask her myself. Thanks for the help" Richard says to the boy.

Richard walks to where Ms Ohara is sitting reading the paper and says to her "Good afternoon Ms could I bother you with a few quick questions?"

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 am
by BenTheRat
She looks up from the paper, then over at Johnny, "He pay?" and when she sees the affirmation, "Well you're a customer, so I guess I gotta."

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 am
by DrVendetta
"I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the half albino that used to live in the Corbitt house? Have you seen him around lately?" Richard ask

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:19 am
by BenTheRat
"Not a lot, seen an albino not sure if its the one you're talking about, haven't seen him in a bit though." She replied.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 am
by DrVendetta
"When would you say the last time you saw him was?" Richard ask

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:22 am
by BenTheRat
"It's been several months I'd guess." Then she looked over at the boy, " Johnny, you seen that Albino guy around here lately?"
He responds, "No ma'am."
"Sorry sir, can't help you there."

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 am
by DrVendetta
"What do you know about the Corbitt house?" Richard ask

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 am
by BenTheRat
With that thick Irish accent, "Place is spooky as hell. Been here since we opened the store. I don't go there, it doesn't bother me. I like to leave it that way."

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 am
by DrVendetta
Richard ask "Do you know what happened with the last family that lived in there? I believe the woman's name was Gabriele"

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:46 am
by BenTheRat
"Not really, place gives me the heebie jeepbies. I heard it gave it to them also, and off to the nut farm they went. Now if you don't mind?" And goes back to reading her paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 am
by DrVendetta
Richard thanks the lady and turns and walks out

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 am
by BenTheRat
As you walk out the young man yells out, "Thanks mister."
OOC,you have enough time to do one more stop before 1.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:15 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks down the street and checks to see what is behind the Corbitt house and to see if there is a good vantage point to check out the back of the house.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 am
by BenTheRat
The Corbitt house has a yard, its overgrown and unkempt. You can walk around it if you like. The shadows from the taller buildings on either side and behind it, cloak it in shadows all the time. The old wooden house is a 2 story with an obvious basement, as there are windows at the ground level.
As you walk around there only 2 doors, 1 at the front on 1 on the side.
About this time you notice a car that was parked between 2 of the buildings with 2 men in it looking at you. You recognize them as Sonny and Harrison from last night. Then you remember oh yea, they were staking the place out.
OOC,I had to edit this, sorry, slight overlap with the other team.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC: Ending this thread. Go here.