Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:57 pm
by BenTheRat
Date: March 21, 1921, 9:30 PM

As you pull into the dead end street and get out, only seconds later another car pulls up. You quickly recognize it as the rest of the team from the Museum. It doesn't look like you were followed.

It does look much more ominous than it did for those here earlier. The shadows were bad enough, but all you have now is a 1/4 moon.

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 am
by DrVendetta
I reply to Warren "Yes are you?"

Richard continues "That file dosen't have much on the Chapel at all unfortunatley, we already know everything that was in it."

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Look what the cat dragged in," as Jordie throws a surprised remark towards Warren and Richard, she fishes around for a flashlight in her satchel. Lightheartedly poking fun at Richard "Richard, if you're gonna run off with your friends, at least finish your dinner before it gets cold."

Jordie walks up to Warren, "Bring me any gifts Texas?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison joins the party and lights another smoke.

"Well, if this isn't nice and romantic, sorry to disturb you guys like this.
So, how did the chase go? It looks like you caught the wrong reporter, Richard.
"

He looks around at the dismal place, peering into the darkness.

"What a hole...", Harrison knits his brow together as he's suddenly hit by a strange thought.
"Remember the bolted door in the house I told you fellows about? What if it connects to this creepy Chapel/cult's basement?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:07 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks at Harrison and says "Lets just say I kept our pictures out of the paper until Monday"

"And what the hell do you mean the door in the house being connected to the door here you know how far that is?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Before I answer to Richard's question, I cast an eye over the shadowed ground noting that it doesnt look that much worse than earlier, just that night gives it a more ominous aspect. Probably just my imagination, I think, "No, never carry one".
To Jordie I smile shake my head, "Sorry sweetheart, just him"
I give Harrison's comment serious thought, "I don't know, how far is the house from here as the crow flies? I saw tunnels in France the complexity of which would blow your minds. You'd be suprised how ingenious humans can be when properly motivated, and what ever was going on here may have been motivation enough"
I finish digging around in the cars trunk and produce an old, but working, flashlight. I look at the flashlight then at the expanse of wilderness, "Anyone else got a flashlight? And does anyone have any suggestion as to how we carry out this search?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:15 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison snorts at Richard's comment.

"It's about a block away, over there abouts."

He points in the general direction of Corbitt House.

"Jordie has a flashlight, so that makes two. I suggest we look for rectangular shapes that could indicate a subterranean stairwell, or area's that are more covered than others."

"If that albino was looking for the same, he's sure to have left some tracks or disturbance for us to find. We'll start over there on the far side, you guys start over here and we'll meet in the middle."

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I look to where Harrison is pointing and nod, "Sounds good to me".
As I turn to walk away I light a cigarette and pull the small flask of booze from my coat pocket, "Helps keep the cold out and the heebie-jeebies at bay" I unscrew the cap and take a quick belt.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 am
by DetectiveSocks
Pointing the flashlight between Warren and Richard, Jordie lets out a deep sigh as she walks alongside with Warren, "You should've just left him where you found him. Now we have to look after him before he gets himself into another jam. We could've had a bigger cut out of this gig."

Reflecting on Richard's comment, she didn't like the idea of having her fifteen minutes of fame, being a ghost hunter. Jordie imagined herself writing some great revelation of misunderstood humanity, or unearthing a long forgotten relic marking a historic moment in Egyptian archeology. She had thought she would amount more into life, than housecleaning an old home.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am
by Occigon
"OK, let's go," says Charles, walking alongside Harrison.
OOC,How big is the lot? Will the two groups be in sight/earshot of each other the whole time as they search? Or is it too big for that?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 am
by DrPeterson
"Warren? I understand you want to go for a cosy walk with legs over here, but would you mind lending me your flashlight? It seems a bit unevenly distributed that your group should get both the looker and the lights."

He lights another fag as the exchange takes place and grins.

"Thanks, pal, you're a real trooper."

He flicks on the light and looks at the two other men.

"Alright boys, let's find some secrets."

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC ALL,Love it guys, love the interaction. Also looks like I have a replacement for Muchinator who hasn't been on in almost 3 weeks. Now to answer some questions: 1. The old Corbitt house is less than a block away. Having a tunnel from here to there is not out of the question. 2. The lot is big but with no standing structures you can see each other or at least their flashlights across the lot. Its a U shape lot with the parking lot in the middle. Though the rubble on the front left and front right is not nearly as big as in the middle. 3. There are trees here and there and towards the back of the lot they start getting dense. If someone goes back there you could easily lose sight of them, even with a flashlight on. 4. Everyone of you have a flashlight in the satchels Ms. Patton backed for you when you got the job. 5. I am going by the assumption that 1/2 are going left the other 1/2 going to the right arm, then work around to the main rubble in the middle.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 2 groups split up, and start to walk the old lot you hear crunching noises under your feet. Shining the flashlight down you find pieces of old burnt wood, it is charred black, but you can see the wood that has broken open under the weight of your feet has a white powder inside the wood.
The warm hot muggy evening quickly gives way as a cold win whips through sending a chill over your arms and face.
It doesn't seem cold now that you think about it, just so different than what you have felt all day.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I bend and pick up a piece of the broken wood, carefully inspecting it by flashlight, "Now what the hell is this?"
I gesture towards the back of the lot, "It was over there by a fence that Jordie and me encountered our mysterious watcher. Although I am now convinced it was either Phil or Joe from the Globe" I grin at Richard but I don't think he notices in the dark, "You know, your new best pals"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard reply's "I figured it was them once I tracked them down and overheard there conversation, but if our albino is not connected to the church it brings up more questions to me on what the connection was and how Tom got involved. Currently I think the Reverend may have recruited him as the Reverend escaped from jail a few years back and has been in hiding ever since, so maybe recruiting a vagrant to do his errands would be how Tom ties into this."
ALL,ok so it looks like we all have flashlights and it is at least Warren, Jordie, and myself on one side (I will say the left) and the others on the right side? If anyone is doing something different or wants to change this please post so we all no where and who everyone is with

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:55 pm
by Silver Priest
Having fallen into an introspective mood, Micheal had spent the last few minutes glancing around the chapel's ruins. The sight combined with the low amount of light unnerved him a bit, not that he'd admit it. This was all nonsense anyway, he was sure of it. They'd go into that damn house ready to exorcise a restless spirit, only to stumble on some bootlegging operation or something akin to it.

As the groups split up, he stomps out his cigarette and looks at Harrison and Charles. "Think I'll come with the both of you. Make sure you don't break anything."

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:17 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"I'd run to the hills too if I saw your face," as Jordie gives a devious smile to Warren, playfully hitting him in the shoulder. Kneeling down beside Warren, Jordie holds her hand up into air and rubs the ash out of her finger, "Though if they wouldn't come within a yardstick to say hi, I don't know who you call friends Warren." Jordie wondered to herself how the weather and its elements haven't washed away the explosive makeover that littered the lot. Regardless, these were clear signs she was closer to ground zero of the truth. Or their doom.

Jordie left Richard's food for thought hanging in the air, as music seemed more appetizing food for the soul than listening to Richard serenade to the wind. Jordie wanted to dig up dirt on this albino clown that's been making all this trouble.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 pm
by BenTheRat
You realize the usual noise of the city is quieted here. If you really strain an occasional horn honk or distant bell can be heard, but overall its very peaceful, or eerily restless here depending on your mood.
Warren Richard Jodie,make a listen check
Michael Harrison Sonny Charles,make a spot hidden check

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:08 pm
by Silver Priest
Out of habit, Micheal takes another look around the chapel. Nothing unusual registers.
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4247637/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=56)[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:30 pm
by DetectiveSocks

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ignoring Jordie's banter I listen "Shhh, do you hear that?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:35 pm
by DrPeterson

Harrison holds his flashlight against his chin and in a deep, almost ominous voice, he asks Michael:
"You mean our legs or the rubble?"

He lets out a chuckle and lights another cigarette.

Blinded by the light of the torch, Harrison fails to notice anything.
Spot fail,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4247800/[/url]
OOC: Positions,[b]Michael[/b], [b]Charles [/b]and [b]Harrison [/b]are checking out the right side and are moving in the direction of the dense copse.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:40 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC DrP,don't use the dice roller here, it doesn't work. Go to Invis castle http://invisiblecastle.com. I don't think you can register anymore, but you can roll as a guest and still post the url here.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:18 pm
by DrVendetta
for Ben Richard Listen check,listen chance = 45 roll = 28% so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4247846/[/url]
Richard is ignoring most of the useless banter going on around him trying just to tune into any conversations that contain usefull information as he is searching the grounds with his flashlight.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 pm
by DrPeterson
Ben OOC,I've an Invisible Castle account, no worries. IC and I just don't always see eye to eye, that's why I tried if the board roller worked.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren and Richard,You think you hear murmors coming from the woods.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard says "can you hear that coming from the woods?" Richard starts to move in the direction of the sounds.
Ben,I have the flashlight out in my left hand and my gun slightly behind it to hide it in the darkness behind the flashlight

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:05 am
by DetectiveSocks
"We have company?" as Jordie whispers and clues in, she turns around and covers the rear with her flashlight, backtracking along with the group. She's a lover not a fighter, the thought of confrontation made Jordie's satchel stir nervously in the cold wind.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 am
by BenTheRat
As you all stop talking on the left side the murmuring from the wood lingers for a couple of seconds and then stops also.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues towards where he heard the noise come from

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 am
by Occigon
Failed spot check,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248199/
Charles kneels to pick up the piece of wood with the white powder, examining it closely, seeing if it smells of anything. He also pockets some for later examination.
OOC - Ben,If I need to roll to examine the wood - 64. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248212/

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison steps up next to Charles and looks at the white stuff on the wood too. He rubs it between his fingers and gives it a whiff.

"Do you think it's ash? Or some fire accelerator?"

Rolling to analyse the stuff,I rolled a 41, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248642/

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am
by BenTheRat
You can tell its not ash. Your best guess might be salt. But you're not sure.

The team on the left is moving up towards the trees, while the team on the right has fallen behind looking at the wood.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:17 am
by DrPeterson
"Let's take a sample and show it to the others and the Professor, maybe he knows something more. It just looks like salt to me."

Harrison pockets a sample and then brushes of his fingers, licking his thumb to get an idea of the residual taste.

"All right, let's move on, we've still got some ground to cover."

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:18 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC,Spot hidden[60]: 48 success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248728/

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:52 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I nod in response to Richard's comment, "Yeah sounds like someone having a whisper party".
I follow Richard towards the woods keeping behind him as he has the gun and keeping my flashlight's beam low so as not to spotlight him.
"Jordie" I hiss out of the corner of my mouth, "Keep you light on the ground so as not to illuminate Richard and make him the perfect target".
I have a horrible feeling about this in my stomach, similar to the feeling I used to get waiting for the whistles to blow in the trenches. Half to myself I say, "I don't think its Phil and Joe having a meeting".

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny,You spot a shovel and what looks like fresh digging in your area.
As the 2 of you move closer to the woods, you start hearing murmuring from the woods to the far right, away from where you are heading.
Richard and Warren,Make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Hey guys, over here" Sonny calls over to Harrison and the others "looks like someone has been digging here - there's their shovel"

He walks over to the disturbed earth and examines it more closely.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Hold on Richard, what's this?"
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [3] = (3) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248882/

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:16 pm
by BenTheRat
@Sonny, the earth looks very freshly disturbed, probably in the last day.

@Richard and Warren, you hear a voice a lot more clearly, its tough to make out but it sounds like, "O'er here"
Warren,You know you saw a shadow move in the woods up ahead of Richard.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:40 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison walks over the Sonny, shining his torch around the disturbed area.

"You a good eye, Sonny, I missed it completely."

He looks between Charles and Sonny, the one the rather bookish type and the other with the bruised arms and picks up the shovel, handing his torch to Sonny.

"Let's see how deep the rabbit dug his hole..."

Harrison starts to remove the disturbed earth, a few inches at a time.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:10 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny keeps the area that Harrison is excavating lit with both their torches. He keeps a careful eye on the hole.

"Hey Michael you keepin' an eye out man? Don't wan't nobody creepin' up on us whilst we dig this hole. Can you still see the other's"

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 pm
by BenTheRat
As the four of you check out the freshly dug area, Harrison puts the shovel into the dirt with some force, and you all feel the ground give way.
Michael Harrison Charles and Sonny,All of you need to make a Dex*4 check. Harrison = 36% Chariles = 24% Sonny = 52% Michael = 52%
OOC All,This is a Critical roll, so we need to stop action untill all 4 have rolled. I also don't mind if someone rolls for all 4, but that is up to you. If it gets to this evening, I'll roll for anyone who hasn't rolled yet.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm
by DrPeterson
Completely surprised, Harrison fails to react in time.
Dex fail,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4248923/[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:09 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny reacts to the ground giving way beneath his feet and leaps to firmer ground.
DEX,52: 11 success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249007/

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:18 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael smirks in reply to Harrison. "Maybe both."
In response to Sonny's question, he glances around, attempting to locate the others. He is so focused on the task he fails to notice the ground give way until it is too late.
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249016/]d*4(52) (1d100=70)[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:01 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie draws the pocket knife from her satchel with her small feeble hand, as she covers the rear with her flashlight. This wasn't quite the lady's touch she had in mind, but she was ready for anything. Even some blood underneath her nails.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:11 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,would someone please go ahead and roll for Charles. target = 24%. All those that failed roll 1d6 for damage, if charles fails roll for him as well.
As the ground gives way you can't help but shreak, Sonny was on the edge of the collapse and jumps away.
Warren, Jordie and Richard hear the sreams, then a second later hear the screams again from the woods. As you turn to look its tough to tell but some of the members seem to have disappeared and you're not sure why.
As you are trying to figure out what is going on with the group on the far side of the lot you hear a noise from the woods, much louder, you turn back to see a man in a robe. He is carrying a curved sword in one hand and a curvy dagger in the other.
He is charging right at Richard.
Richard Warren and Jordie,we are into a combat. If you are not familiar with combat in CoC, it goes in Dex order. However, a gun drawn and ready goes before Dex order. So if you want to take a shot, it is point blank range. After you shoot we will go in Dex order. So Warren, then Richard, then Jordie. Go ahead and roll if you plan to shoot, then just state your intentions, for the first round.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:15 pm
by Papa Gateau
Roll for Charles,Dex[24]: 31 Fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249045/ Damage: 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249048/ Sorry Charles!

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:17 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny gets back to his feet and moves back to the edge of the hole. Shining both torches into the darkness he calls Hey you guys! Are you all right? Anybody badly hurt?

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm
by BenTheRat
The dirt and is swirling in the air and right now you can't see anything.
Now you hear yelling from the far side of the lot where the other 3 were at.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:30 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael falls hard, offering only a short yelp of surprise before the air is knocked out of him. After a few seconds he gets to his feet, grimacing as he does so.
damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249054/]damage roll (1d6=3)[/url]
"I'll live," he replies in response to Sonny. "Damn unstable ground. This whole area should be condemned."

He attempts to locates his unlucky companions. "You both alright? I had the wind knocked out of me, but I've had worse."

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:18 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Turning around to the sudden commotion, "Richard look out!" Jordie shrieks.
OOC,In combat, am I able to pickup dirt off the ground and throw it at the enemy's face to stun him?

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:27 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,Yes, you can do that, but you might want to write your plan as a conditional order, so: If Richard shoots and hits, I'll do this, If he misses I'll try throwing dirt in his face. I mean it isn't very lady like to walk to a guy bleeding with a gunshot wound and throw dirt in his face on top of it. ;) You will also be going last, due to your wonderful dex. So you can wait to see, but I'd rather get conditional orders up front so I can run through the combat round.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 am
by DrVendetta
As Richard sees the robed man charging at him with the sword and dagger he places his flashlight on him to illuminate his target and fires his pistol.
Pistol roll,handgun chance = 75% roll = 45% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249430/[/url]
All occ,sorry I missed so much today but I could not make it home for lunch from work. Just so everyone knows I am in EST and try to review at lunch 11:30am EST and when I get home from work which is generally about 5:00pm EST until 12:00am EST my apologies for delaying any of this today.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:09 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,here is my spot hidden roll from earlier request in case it is still needed I failed it so no big deal I hope Chance = 45% roll = 79% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249439/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 am
by BenTheRat
As you fire, you see the hooded figure tumble to the side and come back up on his feet.
OOC,Oh yea, he just dodged your shot!! [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249522/]Dodge roll target = wouldn't you like to know (1d100=12)[/url]
You can now see another figure who is mostly behind a tree. He also appears to be hooded. You got a very good look at who you are shooting at. Its Tom the Albino.
Combat Order,We are now in DEX order. Tom would actually go next but cannot attack since he did a dodge, but will run up on you. Warren is up next. Warren what do you want to do.
For those that fell in, it is dusty and debris is flying everywhere, the pain from the 12 foot fall is intense. You hear a gunshot from a distance away.
Sonny, you see see someone run towards your companions on the other side of the lot and a gun shot goes off, what do you want to do?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:48 am
by BenTheRat
Harrisons damage,wow this will teach him to roll his own. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249653/]Harrisons damage from falling. (1d6=6)[/url]
As Harrison hits the ground there is a loud poping noise. Then an even louder scream, "MY LEG!!!" Harrison yells.
Harrison Con roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249669/]Con roll for losing >50% HP, target = 60 (1d100=46)[/url]
As much as the fall hurt, he managed to stay conscious.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 am
by DrPeterson
OOC:,Hmmm, apparently my post didn't come through..., but nevermind, this is more dramatic :)
Harrison screams, pauses for breath and start screaming anew as he tries to get up. So much pain...
He lets out a series of expletives as he tries to bite away the pain. Instinctively he grabs his MAPS hip flask and takes a sip or two.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:31 am
by Silver Priest
Quickly realizing that Harrison got it worse than him, Michael can't help but darkly chuckle.

"What did I tell you? I knew you'd end up breaking something."

The ex cop's mirth disappears as he hears a gunshot. Silently, he debates trying to climb out of the hole and see what was going on, or trying to help the ailing writer. His conscience wins out. Slightly limping over to Harrison, he inspects the man's leg. His half remembered medical lessons seem to do his yelping patient some good.
First Aid,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249827/]First Aid (30%) on Harrison (1d100=7)[/url]
Amount healed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4249833/]Amount healed (1d3=2)[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:51 am
by Occigon
Crushing down into the hole, Charles is overcome by shock for a few seconds. He vaguely hears the shooting, Harrison yelling, but he's completely disoriented. He realizes Michael asked him something, but can't really process the words.

This lasts a few seconds. The, reality comes crashing back. After all the ghost stories, the fall - and the gunshots heard in the distance - have made the whole surreal adventure real for the first time. Scrambling to his feet and biting back the impulse to remind the others he'd warned them about exploring at night, he looks around. "Will he be alright?" he asks Michael, indicating Harrison.

Adrenaline pumping, he looks around at his surroundings, trying to figure out where they've fallen into, if there's anything here, and how hard it will be to climb out.
All,Sorry for the delay in posting, I'm in East Asia so the time zone does not lend itself to dynamic posting action. Starting next week, I'll be on vacations in the Western Hemisphere, so that should help.
Ben,Have we fallen into a dirt pit, or some kind of man-made underground chamber, i.e., a basement or something? How big is it? How deep?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:08 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Damn" I shout as the madman with the sword acrobaticaly dodges Righards shot, I look at the only thing I'm carrying that you could call a weapon - the flashlight.
As the robed figure rushes towards me I step forward and try to smash the flashlight into his face, aware that if I miss and he doesn't with the sword then it's probably goodnight ladies. Oh, how I wish I had a sharpened trench shovel...

OOC: Sorry for delaying the game. I was waiting to see if Richard shot the swine first.
Ben,Tell me what I need to roll.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael gets over to Harrison and sees that his leg isn't broken, but is definitely at a weird angle. It has dislocated at the knee. Having no real training he does what seems natural and pushes it. It strangely enough pops back in with another loud pop. Harrison screams out in pain again. The liquor helps, but this is out there.
Harrison,sorry, I know if you preview and then move on it doesn't post, I've done that before. Popping the knee back in is almost as bad as popping it out. Make another CON *5 roll or pass out.
As Charles looks around, the dust starts to settle some. You are in a big room, the opening was good size, but this is much larger. It appears to be a chapel of some sort. Then you let out a scream as you realize there is a piece of wood sticking out of your shoulder. The shock kept you from feeling it before but you do now. Doesn't hurt enough to cause you to pass out, but damn close.
As the Albino in the robe moves up towards you Warren he brings up his sword to block your flashlight swing.
Warren,use your flashlight like a small club, you need 25% to hit him, he can then make a parry roll to block if you were to hit.
As Michael finishes popping Harrison's knee back in he hears Charles scream and spins and can make out the 1 foot piece of board sticking out of the back of his shoulder. Then the pain starts to hit him as well as he has become a pin cushion of half a dozen smaller pieces all embedded in himself.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:28 pm
by BenTheRat
As Warren swings his flashlight at Tom the old man steps out from behind the tree holding a glass, it seems to have a liquid in it.
He says, "alta spirare" while pointing at Richard and the glass shatters into a thousand pieces, the old man screams out putting one hand to his head.
Richard screams out clutching his chest.
Richard,He has cast Breath of the Deep on you, which basically fills your lungs with water for a random number of rounds. While this is going on you will have the complete sensation of drowning (well because you are) and will be incapable of doing anything. Please role-play accordingly. You can however resist the spell by making a POW resistance check. His POW is much higher than yours, so you need to roll, really, really low. Good luck. If you fail, make a CON *5 check for this first round.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Whack!!,or not depending on his parry: 25% 1d100 → [23] = (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250159/
"Eat that you pale faced bastard!"

OOC: Sorry carried away with excitement :o

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Tom seem to be moving around more to block you from the other guy. And was paying a lot of attention to Richard and his gun. He turns to look at your flashlight too late for him to raise his sword.

You smack him hard.
Warren,Your flashlight will does 1d4 damage + any damage bonus you do or +0.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:17 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
With a meaty thwack of flashlight against flesh I hit him square in the face, there is an accompanying sound of something breaking and I guess the flashlight wont be working any more.
Damage,1d4 → [4] = (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250184/ Whoo-hoo! that's gota smart.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:31 pm
by BenTheRat
Tom howls out in pain as the flashlight finds his face. It broke open the skin and blood is flowing down his face, making him even more horrible than he looked before.
You definitely have his attention now.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:15 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
With Richard writhing on the ground, I trust to Jordie for his aid and while the albino is at a disadvantage press home my attack with a roundhouse to his jaw, which misses.
Punch,50% 1d100 → [85] = (85) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250233/ Oh shit!!

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,hold up, we have to do things in order. I know you're a bit excited. 1. Warren may not be writhing on the ground, he gets a resistance check, (what I'm waiting on, it could mean life or death so I'd rather he roll it.) 2. If he passes he gets to shoot again this round. 3. Then Jordie gets to do something. 4. Then we start a new round. 5. If Warren is up, he gets to shoot again (ready firearms go before other attacks) 6. Then we go to Dex order and Tom actually gets to go first as he has a Dex of 14, 1 higher than yours. 7. If he hits, you can decide if you want to parry with whats left of the flashlight, or dodge or take the blow. 8. If he misses its your turn. If you parried with the flashlight you can swing. If you dodged you cannot attack this round (just like he couldn't) And don't forget Sonny is not that far away that he might not be here to jump in a some point also. I know it seems like a lot, but everyone is moving at the same speed. The bad guy isn't going to just stand there because he was hit. I know you want to jump into it because you are half way across the globe, but things will slow down in combat as we wait for reactions. Feel free to give conditional orders and I can roll for you. So please just edit the above post and I'll ignore the roll out of sequence. You swing wildly but it has no chance to hit or something like that.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:39 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben,Okay sorry, got a bit carried away there :oops:

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:45 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison lets out a blood-curdling scream as his knee leg is popped back into position. He punches the ground, trying the force the pain away as stars explode before his eyes. His head spins and for the briefest of moments he feels gravity reverse before getting hold of his senses again.
He is breathing heavily, his chest heaving and he nods a thanks at Michael as he crashes back into the dirt, trying to come to his senses.
Con success,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250276/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison manages to not succumb to the darkness that surrounded him for a brief second, then the pain came back.
Harrison,while you are conscious you will be considered in a 'stun' state for 3 rounds (2 more). You are awake and can talk, and even parry if attacked, but cannot get up and move around or anything like that. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250314/]Stun roll 1d6 rounds (1d6=3)[/url]
Warren,no worries, you should have seen me and Dr. V chatting last night hoping you would post. I was downright giddey.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:12 pm
by DrPeterson
OOC,Don't worry, he wasn't planning on going anywhere soon.
Harrison stays put, trying to bite away the pain by means of another cigarette and swig of his hip flask.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:51 pm
by Silver Priest
"I ain't a doctor," Michael points out. "But it's not broken, if that's what you're asking. Just need to apply some pressure to make it go back into place." He looks down at his patient. "This uh, might hurt a little." It seems to, but Harrison suffers through it.

Hearing Charles scream, the PI turns around to investigate, his eyes widening as he does so.

"That's probably not good."

Before he can try to do anything, the adrenaline fades and his own pain lashes out. He looks down and lets out something akin to a whimper when he realizes how many pieces of wood have implanted themselves in him.

"May need to rest for a few seconds here.." He pauses, trying to not make any sudden movements. Hopefully none of this stuff hit anything vital.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben only,POW resistance roll = 81% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250367/[/url] Con = 15 roll = 1 so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250370/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard's face turns from serious and intense to a shock of horror as he coughs a mouth full of water up.
The realization that a spell was cast upon him rips through his mind like a razor blade.
Richard,this will force a Sanity check 1d3/1d6. If you pass the sanity or even fail it but don't lose too many points you may still act during your Dex phase due to the crit success on the Con check.
Jordie and Warren cannot believe what they just saw.
Jordie and Warren,You also just saw a spell successfully cast (luckily not on you) but the realization that magic is real is a shock. Make a sanity check 1/d4.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,sanity check = 50 roll = 13 so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250374/[/url] sanity lost = 2 [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250379/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:23 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC ALL,just a quick rules spot for newer players. If I ask you to make a sanity check I will follow it with something like this: 1d3/1d6. What this means is if you fail your sanity check you will lose 1d6 points, if you pass you will still lose the 1d3. So if your Sanity is 50 and you failed by rolling a 54, you lose d6 points from the 50 so say 5 and now your current sanity is 45. The next check you make you will need to roll 45 or lower.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard tries his best to fight off the drowning feeling and what feels to be water in his lungs and fires a shot at the man behind the tree who he believes cast a spell at him but misses.
Ben,shot chance = 75% roll = 97% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250399/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Sanity,50% 1d100 → [54] = (54) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250395/ Sanity Loss D4: 1d4 → [1] = (1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250401/ Phew!!
Richard,you missed? Oh shit

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:42 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,I am now waiting on Jordie's action and Sonny's before we continue with the combat.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 pm
by DrVendetta
Warren,LOL hey i got a shot off while drowning i was impressed, i new i would miss though because i had some pretty amazing low rolls to still be standing so I figured i was due for a bad one

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 pm
by DetectiveSocks
These were no parlour tricks and these chumps aren't messing around. Jordie's eyes registered what they saw, and the awareness of the danger drove her instincts into focus.
BenTheRat,What are my percentage rolls, if I try to throw dirt in one of the enemy's face, or taking a stab with my knife?
OOC,Holy crap, I wake up in the morning and all this shenanigans is going on, and looks like we're neck to neck with these guys :shock: . [b]DrVendetta[/b], a couple points up on your gun roll, and you may have disabled your gun :lol: , and things are not looking good for us! Maybe we should've armed ourselves to the teeth before we went :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:05 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben Richard and Jordie,Ben that's cruel :( Richard, next time shoot first then drown :D Jordie, teach you to go to bed ;)

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,your chance to throw and knife skill are both the same 25%. The knife is small, but with the damage already done this round, you might have a slim chance to knock him out. The dirt while doing no real damage, has a better chance of blinding him than the knife to knock him out. But will have no lingering affects like a wound would. So same chance of short term better gain or long term lesser gain.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:58 am
by Occigon
Grimly realizing the board in his shoulder has effectively put him out of commission for a while, Charles observes the chapel carefully, looking or anything of interest. He moves slowly towards Michael. "Seems we've got half of what used to be the ceiling here embedded in us," he says through clenched teeth, "but at least I don't think I've broken or twisted anything. You?"

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:11 am
by Silver Priest
"I'll live. Might have a few splinters in me, but I'll survive."

"Did you hear a gunshot out there? Hope it was one of ours. " Michael also regards the chapel. The climb back up top seemed steep, and he wasn't sure he wanted to chance it. He wasn't the best climber, and in his current state he might actually end up doing more damage to himself if he fell.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:39 am
by Occigon
"Sure hope that it was one of ours. I don't see us climbing out of here on our own, so either they help us out of here, or someone else shoots us like fish in a barrel."

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:14 am
by BenTheRat
The dust starts to clear a bit, you hear another gunshot ring out.
In the room you see a desk in one corner, 2 large alter tables but both are covered in rubble. And a pulpit looking stand at one end.
You see what use to be steps leading up are completely crumbled and no way to climb up. You will definitely need help climbing up, and with the board stuck through your right shoulder you realize your right hand is pretty useless right now.
OOC hint,you might want to do first aid on each other here. Just a thought.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 am
by Occigon
"Let's see if there's anything that can be done with these bits of wood," says Charles, attempting some rudimentary first aid on Michael.
First Aid,Skill=30 Roll=30 (Whew!) - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4250999/ Amount healed = 1 - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251003/ (it's 1d3, right?)

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:48 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie attempts to throw dirt at the albino's face, but the earth is too tough to scrounge up any loose dirt to throw.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 am
by Silver Priest
Michael curses.

"Looks like you're right. I think we're stuck here until someone sends a rope down." He hears the second gunshot. "Or shoots us." He feels for his own gun, ensuring it did not come away from him in the fall.

The investigator gladly accepts Charles help, and to his surprise the man he had previously regarded as a pencil pusher actually manages to help a little.

"Thanks. It feels nice not to have so many things sticking out of my flesh. Let me see if I can do anything for you." He examines the board stuck in Charles, trying to figure out a way to remove it without causing further harm.
First aid,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251037/]First Aid(30%) on Charles (1d100=81)[/url]
After a moment of hesitation, he shakes his head. " "Sorry. I'm afraid anything I try to do would only make it worse. Might want to get that looked at by a doctor."

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 am
by BenTheRat
As Jordie fails to throw any real dirt, Richard tries to raise his gun and take a shot. Water still spewing from his mouth.
The old man is walking closer you can hear him chanting something under his breath.
Richard,make a conx4 check

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:03 am
by BenTheRat
Charles,yep you did it right.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:12 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,con roll = 41 so a sucssess no damage [img]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251052/[/img]

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:19 am
by BenTheRat
As Richardcontinues to cough and sputter he can't take aim to fire.
Tom takes no time hesitating to jump into the fray and attack the guy who split open his cheek, with a hefty swing the curved sword comes down and misses, but only by a whisker. He cuts a tear in your pants let but misses the skin Warren.
Warren,you're up.
Sonny,where are you man, what are you doing while all this is going on?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 am
by DrVendetta
Richard starts choking and puking out water as he is clearly struggling to breath

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:48 am
by Occigon
"Yeah, well, yell if you see one," sighs Charles to Michael. Moving gingerly to avoid worsening the situation with his arm, he approaches the desk and examines it for any objects or papers.
Ben,I think you meant Richard, not Charles, two posts up. You were right on that, thanks. Did the edit.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC all,sorry guys bit busy atm
As the dust clears Sonny hears the gunshot, he looks down into the hole and sees that everyone is alive, if not undamaged "Shit man! Sounds like the others are in trouble, I'm gonna see if I can help. Fix yerselves up, I'll be back with a rope or someting! Here Harry your torch" he tosses Harrisons's torch down to him.

With that Sonny dashes towards to the sound of gunfire and the others' flashlights, scanning the ground for anything that might be a useful weapon, a length of two by two, an old length of pipe, anything!
Spot hidden,[60]: 64 fails http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251324/
Seeing nothing as he sprints across the ground, Sonny kills his torch when he is about 15 feet away from the melee, relying on the flashlights of his associates to light the last few feet.

He quickly takes in the scenario and runs into the fray to try and tackle the albino from behind, hoping to hit him like a defensive linebacker smashing a pretty boy quarterback!
Ben,ok a bit of a rewind and catch-up there - amend anything that your not happy with. What do I need to roll for a rugby tackle? Do I have any bonuses for surprise/blindside?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 am
by BenTheRat
Running across the overgrown collapsed building is a lot tougher than any football field Sonny ran across. While he didn't spot anything that looked like a weapon, there are several large rocks, or he could go for the football tackle.
Unfortunately it will be next round before you can get there.
Sonny,Your dex is 13 so you and Warren will be going at the same time after Tom goes next round. Its only been a few seconds really to do the attack so far, while you were a couple hundred yards away. Trying to run over tough terrain, and look for a weapon at the same time. And doing a sneak? with a flashlight until you were 15 feet away. Maybe too much going on there. But I'll give my guys a spot hidden next round to see if they see you or not. If they don't I'll give you a bonus. And no worries about being afk for a bit, I knew it would take you a couple rounds to get here so wasn't worried. If you had a gun you could shoot this round, but otherwise you will have to wait.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 am
by DrPeterson
Having caught the torch, Harrison looks at the piece of board in his colleague's shoulder, and guesses he'd be no good at removing it either.
Fail First Aid,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251337/[/url]
Still sitting on the floor, he looks around for the shovel, it might prove to be a good walking cane.

"I believe there is some rope in our bags, it might be handy in a pinch.", he looks around the room, then from Charles to Michael and his own leg, "Well, handy if we weren't in such a crippled state of affairs that is..."

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:36 am
by Papa Gateau
Ben,that all sounds good, wasn't really sure how much time had elapsed or how exactly how far away we were from each other, so was trying to catch up to where I thought I could be. So, if I could have picked up an old brick or something similar that's great. My intention is to football tackle him to the floor (hopefully blindsided) and then bludgeon him unconscious with a brick!

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I let air out in a whoosh as the sword flashes past me slahing a tear in my pants, still better them than my leg. Mustering all my strength I throw a staight left to the albino's chin. "Dodge that!"
Punch,50% 1d100 → [32] = (32) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251386/ Damage, Punch 1d3 1d3 → [2] = (2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251392/

OOC: Sorry for delay. Shopping. :cry:

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:01 pm
by BenTheRat
Tom snarls at you as he spits blood from his mouth.
Then you hear from the old man behind him, 'Occupo Prehendo Habitum Cthulhu Telum'.
The ground shakes for a minute, the old man screams, his eyes turn white, and tentacles burst from his arms and reach and grab both Jordie and Warren.
The tentacles grasp you around the arms and torso, and lift you from the ground.
Warren and Jordie,I need a couple rolls from you, this is really out there, the whole water thing was one thing but this??? Sanity check 1/1d6, Once you get past the OMG factor you get to resist the tentacles grasping you. As it turns out they are not physical, but mental. You must make a POW resistance check vs the casters POW. His POW is 17. So Warren you must roll 15% or less. Jordie yours is 11, so you must roll 20% or less. If you succeed you have broken free of the tentacles and may act normally. If you fail You will be unable to take any actions while he holds you, also making it easier for someone to hit you, ie. Tom.
Sonny,You easily find a brick shaped rock and grab it as you run forward, then you see tentacles grow out and grab your friends. Sanity check time, 1d3/1d6

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles makes his way over to the desk, it is covered in about 4 inches of dirt and debris.
Harrison looks for the shovel, you see part of it sticking out from the mound of rubble on top of one of the 2 alter tables.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:11 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison slowly and painfully gets up, emitting the occasional ooh and aw. He slowly limps his way over to the altar with the shovel and tries to pry it loose, failing that, he tries to remove some of the rubble to facilitate the job.
OOC: Ben,would the altar show any specific signs of not being very christian at all?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:15 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOc,Sanity[55]: 26 Pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251506/ San Loss: 1 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251507/
"Jesusmarymotherofgod!" thinks Sonny as he sees the tenatcles. He changes trajectory, charging towards the old man, intending smash into him and knock flying!

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 pm
by BenTheRat
As Harrison starts to remove some of the rubble from the stone table a large piece of debris falls off of one corner. You see a chain attached to the table, 3 links and then a manicle. Inside the manicle is the skeletal remains of a hand.
Harrison,does that answer your question?

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I smile with satisfaction as the albino spits blood, then before you can say 'Tom Law'...
Ben,Sanity check 49% 1d100 → [41] = (41) 1d100 → [41] = (41) made it. Sanity now at 48% and now for the next nastiness. Resistance Test 15% 1d100 → [59] = (59) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251514/ Aw shoot, I'm toast.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,So Warren as captured, Richard is drowning and Sonny is still some distance away. Guess its up to you. No pressure though.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison gasps as he sees the bound skeletal remains.

"Guys, it looks like were not the first people to get stuck down here..."

Ben,:D

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:55 pm
by Silver Priest
"Why, what you find?"

Michael walks over to Harrison. Another sarcastic remark is on his lips when he catches sight of what was left of the hand. Without another word, he reaches for another cigarette.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard continues to try to gasp for air but water keeps puking out from his lungs

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:02 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie is grasped by the writhing tentacles and cannot break free.
POW Resistance roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251945/]POW Resistance check target = 20% (1d100=46)[/url]
Jordie,Sorry I wanted to keep things moving. I'll let you do your sanity roll though.
Jordie and Warren,In addition to being immobile this spell drains strength. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4251948/]1st roll is Warren, 2nd Jordie Strength drain. (1d10=10, 1d10=4)[/url] Sorry Warren, you suffer 10 points strength drain, Jordie 4 for you. Warren this drops you to 0 so you will pass out.
The constriction of the tentacle is too much for Warren who goes limp, his skin turning pale white.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:05 am
by Occigon
Charles brushes aside the debris on the desk in the half-hearted hope of finding something. "Doesn't look like there's anything here," he says to Michael and Harrison. Oblivious to their find, he asks, "Anything interesting over there?"

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:22 am
by BenTheRat
OOC,Time for a new round. Jordie owes me a sanity check but she can do that whenever.
Richard is still coughing up water, falling to his hands and knees. Breathing is impossible and a blue tint covers his face.
Richard,make a Conx3 check. Target = 45%, Crit target to act is a 9.
As Sonny runs up, Tom catches him out of the corner of his eye. He spins to face Sonny who is charging in. He moves to protect the old man and takes a swing at Sonny.

With a quick swing of the sword, he trips over a loose stone falling and breaking his sword. He is now laying on the ground in front of you.
Sonny,you are up.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:33 am
by Silver Priest
"You could call the shackled skeletal remains of a hand interesting, I suppose. Personally I find it more unsettling. "

He speaks again, mostly to himself. "God, what were they doing here?" Michael casts a nervous glance up at the ceiling. For all he knew, the others were dead. Would the three of them be left here to die over the days to come? Or would someone come to kill them? Maybe they'd have done to them whatever had happened to the poor fellow whose hand now lay shackled to the desk.

Almost involuntarily, he withdraws his gun, turning to Harrison and Charles.

"Yell if you see anything. Given the nature of our present situation, I'm more keen on shooting first and worrying about the consequences later."

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 am
by BenTheRat
As Charles brushes the debris off the desk you hear a clank noise as if metal on metal. You carefully lift some of the debris off to see a chain under the debris. Praying not to see a skeletal hand on the other end you remove a bit more debris to find an old book.

The hard bound book is covered in a strange leather and the clasps are locked.

Michael and Harrison can see there is a bit more to the hand, perhaps an arm bone as well.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:45 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Con roll = 24 so a succsess [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252076/[/url]
Richard clearly is desperate for air as he continually vomits out water from his lungs without being able to take in any air while this is going on.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 am
by DetectiveSocks
Sanity Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252237/]Sanity Check Fail 90%[/url] with a loss of [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252240/]4 Sanity points[/url]
OOC,Sorry, busy with school :/

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison nods his gratitude at Michael.

"I'm glad you brought a gun. Perhaps you should keep us covered while we excavate and await our colleague's return."

With that, Harrison sets about freeing the remains of the skeleton.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:35 am
by Occigon
"A skeletal...? Oh, Lord. Keep that gun ready!" Charles says to Michael. "We're sitting ducks down here!"

"Hey," he cries, after a minute. "There's some sort of fancy book here. I'm guessing it's not the King James Bible." Looking around at the darkened area, he realizes that it is too dark to read, and besides, gunfire has a way of hampering one's concentration. He takes the book and walks over to the others. "Not quite as nerve-wracking as your skeleton, but creepy all the same."

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:50 am
by Silver Priest
"This old pea shooter? It's an old habit. I've dealt with enough lowlifes to learn to never go anywhere without it."

Michael raises his eyebrow at the mention of the book. "Whatever these folks were doing down here, it doesn't resemble any mass I've ever attended.."

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 am
by Papa Gateau
Sonny charges at the old man intending to smash him to the ground in a good old fashioned football tackle.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny charges at the old man. You hear him yell out, "Get up and protect me you imbicile. What the hell do I pay you for?"
Tom quickly springs to his feet, but is behind you, you have a clear shot at the old man.
Sonny,This would be for a grapple, so you have 25%, having not had any real hand to hand fighting skills you are going by instinct alone.
Meanwhile...

down in the pit Charles picks up the book and realizes its chained to the desk.
Harrison and Michael start clearing away the rubble on the table. It becomes obvious real quick there is a full skeleton chained in a spread eagle on the table. The ribs in the center of the chest have been broken inwards. There is still some skin left on and parts of it look like it has been chewed on. Finally, it is the size of a child, maybe 10 or so.
Harrison - Charles - Michael,Make a Sanity 0/d2 check.
Under the body, are small chanels cut into the table, which you can tell is at a slight tilt. It appears to come together to one main chanel in the middle of the table that runs down towards the foot end. The floor on the end of the table is stained black.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:34 pm
by Occigon
Sanity Check,Oops! Invisible Castle seems to be offline. Am going to bed now, anyone else should feel free to roll for me if needed to move things along. Otherewise I'll do it tomorrow morning.
Frustrated, Charles gingerly opens the book to a random page, seeing if he can, in the dim light, at least tell what kind of book it is.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:39 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles tries to open the book and in his frustration remembers its locked closed.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:51 pm
by Papa Gateau
oops,Grapple[25]: 97 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252497/

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 pm
by BenTheRat
As Sonny takes a diving leap at the old man he nimbly steps back and laughs a bit as Sonny goes flying by and falls onto the ground.
The old man releases his grip on Warren and watches him fall to the ground seemingly lifeless. The freed appendage now wraps its way around Sonny's waist and lifts him into the air kicking and screaming.
Jordie and Sonny,Time for you to struggle against the ghostly tentacles. Both of your POW values are 11 vs his of 17 meaning you need a 20% or less to succed. Please roll.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael realizes with horrific certainty what the skeleton had once belonged to.

"Mother of God... " He seems stunned, and the hand holding his gun is shaking slightly.
Sanity roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252629/]Sanity (40%) (1d100=96)[/url]
San loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252630/]San loss 1d2 (1d2=2)[/url]

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC,Contested POW [20]: 10 success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252650/

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:19 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison looks bemusedly at the skeleton and blood gutters.

"A child.", he proclaims in a deadpan voice. Apparently the shock of falling had dulled his senses sufficiently.
San (55%) success,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252652/[/url]
He uses the shovel as a crutch and limps over to Charles, seeing if he can give him a hand with the chained up book. Perhaps using the shovel as a sort of crowbar.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43 pm
by Silver Priest
Seeing Harrison move shakes Michael out of his fugue. He moves to follow him over to Charles, grateful for the brief distraction.

"Want me to shoot the chain?"he offers.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 pm
by BenTheRat
As Sonny struggles he calms his mind and shatters the ghostly tentacle into nothing more than smoke.
Sonny,Make a music check for me.
Meanwhile... Down in the pit.
The chain is attached to the wooden table that is half rotted away. A swing with the shovel a couple times and it breaks right off. You now have a locked big book with a 2' chain attached to the book.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie continues to struggle but drained of her strength, she fails.
She struggles for a second, then passes out.
The tentacle releases her and she falls to the ground in a heap.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:26 am
by BenTheRat
New Turn,we are starting a new turn.
Richard finally coughs out the last of the water from his lungs and with pistol still in hand may fire first. The old man or Tom are both within point blank range.
Warren moans as he starts to slowly recover from the draining.
OOC,Richard the spell on you ended, you may act freely this turn. You may shoot first before Dex rounds. Warren, you may make a Con*1 check (12%) to recover 1 point of strength. This will go up every round. If you get 1 point back you still cannot act this round but you may next round. Combat order: Richard pistol shot Tom Dex 14 Sonny Dex 13 Old man Dex 12, still has 1 tentacle flailing about. Richard Dex 10

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 am
by Occigon
Sanity Check,Roll = 72 <fail> Roll = 2 points lost http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252883/
The horror of the situation, the shock from the loss of blood and the gritty reality of the chained skeleton send a momentous chill down Charles' spine. As a wave of revulsion floods over him, he hurls the book to the ground and looks at it, fearfully.

Taking deep breaths, he struggles to regain his composure.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:48 am
by DrVendetta
Richard quickly goes from being blue from a lack of breathing to scarlet red with anger. He firmly believes the old man is the Reverend who escaped from jail a while back. Richard also knows that it was the Reverend who caused his lungs to fill with water and its pay back time.
Ben shot roll,Handgun = 75% roll = 58% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4252901/[/url]

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Thanks for rolling for me [b]BenTheRat[/b]. Thanksgiving is coming up this long weekend and I'm pretty busy, so I may have troubles posting frequently the next few days, but I'll try to at least post once a day.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:36 am
by DrPeterson
"What the hell is going on up there?!", Harrison asks as he moves to the other altar to investigate. (OOC: there were two, right?)

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:02 am
by BenTheRat
Another shot rings out and this time lands true. As soon as the Old Reverand is hit despite him trying to dodge the shot, the spell ends.
The bullet hits him square in the chest and he is thrown back against a tree and slumps to the ground lifeless.
Tom cries out, "NOOOO!!" spins and slashes Richard with his knife.
Richard raises his flashlight to try and block the blow and does, destroying the flashlight in the process.
Tom hollers again, "you will die for this." as pieces of flashlight fly everywhere sending the whole area into a strange darkness.
Sonny,you are up.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 am
by BenTheRat
Harrison moves to the other alter. As you clear the rubble from it, this one is much more ornate. There are no chains on this one and there is a step stone on one side.
While worn there are strange symbols carved onto this alter. While the other was a rough stone, this one by contrast is a black marble very ornate and looks odd with the two being side by side.
Your head begins to hurt as the symbols on the alter begin to move and weave.
Harrison,make a resistance check, hint you need to roll really low.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:11 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Cough!!
No recovery,1d100 → [84] = (84) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253332/

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 am
by DrPeterson
Vive la resistance!,I rolled a 16, I hope that's low enough. Great hint too ;) [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253337/[/url]

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 pm
by BenTheRat
Without even realizing it you begin to trace the strangely carved symbol on the table and begin to hum under your breath.

The runic lines on the table begin to glow and hum.
Charles and Michael,you need to make resistance rolls.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 pm
by Occigon
"The noise from up there is not encouraging."
Resistance Roll,Roll=18 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253386/

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles begins to hum an unearthly tune as well as he walks over to one end of the table and puts his fingers in the almost indiscernible finger indentations on the table. He doesn't even notice the small pricking sensations on each finger as blood begins to trickle out of his fingers to fill in the glowing lines around the table.
Charles,lose 1 hit point
OOC,ouch guys both of you needed a 15 and both missed it, Harrison by 1 and Charles by 3. Michael doesn't stand a chance with his POW, but I'll give him a 5% to avoid it. Well good luck.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:58 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC,I don't see a Music skill so I've rolled against my Play Trumpet[80]: 43 pass http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253418/ if this is not the correct skill apply the roll to whichever skill you meant!
Sonny scrambles to his feet and turns and sees the old man shot clean through. He charges towards the albino, determined this time to take him down, he hold the old brick in his right hand and aims to bring it down on the back of the freaks head.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:00 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny,yea that was what I wanted you to roll on. While struggling against the will of the now deceased reverand you got a peak into the spell itself and there was a melody, almost like reading a sheet of music, unholy as it sounds. Make a 1/d3 sanity check for having a peak behind the curtain.
Tom is single-mindedly targeting Richard, you come up behind him and smash the brick down.
Sonny,I'll give you double your base chance, so 50% instead of 25%

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC,Sanity[54]: 79 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253489/ San loss 1d3: 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253490/ - current sanity now 52 Strike at Tombino[50]: 59 miss http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253495/
Sonny swings his arm down towards the back of the albino's head but his swing is a little wild and his fist whistles past.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:27 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,you are up.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:55 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles at the charging Albino and fire his gun at him.
Richard shot roll,Chance 75% roll = 62% so a success

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:35 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,he has already attacked so may not dodge and you cannot parry a bullet. So roll damage. 1d10+1
The bullet slams into the Albino's chest as blood spatters out.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:07 pm
by Silver Priest
Resistance,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253622/]resistance roll (5%) (1d100=73)[/url]

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael walks to the other end of the table and joins in the unholy hymn being sung. He finds the finger indents and puts his fingers into them. Small points prick his fingers and his blood begins to flow into the strange pattern.
Michael,lose 1 hit point
An eerie mist begins to form over the table as the blood from Michael and 1 end flows towards the blood from Charles at the other end.
Its almost like a dream state but you hear another gun shot from somewhere off a hundred miles from here.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 am
by DrVendetta
Ben Richard damage roll,Wow second roll of a 1 lol so 2 damage total [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253917/[/url]

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:39 am
by BenTheRat
The bullet barely grazes Tom but he screams out in pain.
Warren and Jordie,You can make Con rolls to recover strength. Jordie you are at Con*1, Warren is at Con*2.
New Turn,Time for a new round. Order: Richard first shot Tom Dex 14 Sonny Dex 13 Richard Dex 10 2nd shot
Harrison - Michael - Charles,The 3 of you continue to chant, the blood continues to fill in the curved engravings. All 3 of you may try a new POW resistance check unless you want to continue with the ritual. You need Harrison: 15 Michael: 5 Charles: 15

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:10 am
by BenTheRat
Charles tries to resist the allure of the table, the power that he is feeling surging through his body. He presses his fingers harder into the table, the blood flowing from his fingertips.
Charles,suffers another 1 hit point

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 am
by DrVendetta
Ben Richard shot roll,my base chance is 75 do I get a bnus at point blank range? my roll was an 85% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253972/[/url]
Richard fires off another shot at Tom, suprised to see him still standing after his fist fight and the previous grazing bullet shot.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:35 am
by BenTheRat
Yes you hit.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 am
by DrVendetta
Richards aim still is not quite true as he hits Tom with another glancing shot
Bed Damage,3pts of damage [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4253988/[/url]

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:14 am
by Silver Priest
Resistance,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4254022/]Resistance (5%) (1d100=27)[/url]

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:28 am
by BenTheRat
Tom takes another shot in the chest. He is stumbling, but stays on is feet.
With a last effort he plunges the knife into Richard with his last bit of strength.
Richard,It could have been worse, but the pain is bad as the blade shoves into your belly. Take 5 points of [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4254052/]damage.[/url]
He pulls the knife out, stumbling around, Richards blood dripping off of the blade.
Sonny and Richard,Sonny you no longer get the from behind bonus, but due to his state you get double bonus anyway, so 50%. You both hear movement from the woods coming towards you.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:45 am
by DrVendetta
As Richard staggers backwards from the stab wound he reaches in and draws his other pistol out with his left hand.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4254326/]wants to resist romancing the stone. (1d100=74)[/url]
Harrison continues chanting.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 am
by DetectiveSocks
Struggling to stand, Jordie stumbles around and reaches out for a nearby tree. Leaning against the tree, she wipes her face excessively as if to rub away the eldritch horror she can't make sense of. Having a hard time, remembering what was real and what wasn't before she past out, Jordie dwells on these dark imaginings that linger in the back of her mind. Regardless, Jordie opened her eyes and everything slid into focus.
CON Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4255519/]Success 1%[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:36 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,great roll, you get 2 strength points back from that roll and now you get 1 per turn. You see 2 figures in the woods coming towards the fight.
Sonny,Still waiting on you to make your attack.
Michael,waiting on you to make your resistance roll.
Richard,You see 2 figures walking through the wood towards the fight. They do not appear to be carrying any weapons.
Warren,still waiting on you to make your con*2 check to start getting strength points back.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:56 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Is it possible to roll a Hide Skill and do a Spot Hidden to identify these unknown oppositions?

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Con Roll,1d100 → [63] = (63) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4255716/ Nope. Soory for the delay, I thought I'd done it. :oops:

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:16 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard yells at Sonny "Where the hell is everyone else at Sonny?"

He then yells at Tom "Drop the sword and drop to the ground or I will shoot you again Tom!"

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:29 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,feel free to make a spot hidden. You do see they are not running, but seem to be walking slowly trying to stay out of the combat.
Harrison - Charles - Michael,the 3 of you watch in horror. Your minds are looking on but its like you are watching a rally bad movie. The chanting sounds nonsensical, but the blood is real enough. You can estimate that 1 more round the blood will have filled up the entire tables carvings. Its about 2/3rds done now. The hazy smoke that was floating above the table has now moved down to the table and appears to be forming into some horrid shape. OOC - when we start a new combat round above the 3 of you will need to make another round of resistance checks. This time you are getting a bit of a grip on it. So you get +5%, So Harrison and Charles get 20%, but Michael you are actually just now up to 5%. Good news, this will be the last round you have to make it.
Warren lays on the ground moaning, he appears weak and frail. Jordie has managed to get herself propped against a tree.
Richard yells at Tom, his cloak now completely disheveled, blood still running down his face, out of his mouth and from the 2 bullet wounds and the knife he is holding. His eyes mark a dark contrast as they are completely white. You hear himself mumbling under his breath. Its hard to make out.
Then he talks, "You may have defeated me in life, but you will not defeat me in death."
Sonny and Richard,Richard why don't you go ahead and roll for Sonny, I'm sure he was planning on smashing him with the brick. He has a 50% chance.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:59 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben Sonny Roll,Chance = 50% roll = 23% so a succsess for Sonny to hit Tom with brick

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm
by BenTheRat
Tom raises the dagger to his own throat but before he do anything else Sonny hurls the brick at Tom and it smashes into his face with a crunching noise. The Albino falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes his eyes turning back to their normal color.
You hear a familiar voice from over at the body of the old man. Its Phil, "It's him, it's really him. How do you like that you old bastard." You see Phil kick the old man, and the body groans in pain. "Oh you're still alive, What the fuck did you do with her you son of a bitch? Where is she?"
Warren and Jordie,You each get back a point of strength. Warren you wake up but are not strong enough to pull yourself up. Jordie you are now strong enough to walk with a bit of assistance.
Harrison-Charles-Michael,time for your resistance rolls. Charles is really into it, pushing is fingers harder into the indents and suffering another hit point. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4255874/]Resistance rolls 20% (1d100=91)[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard runs over and shoves Phil back and stands with his gun out between Phil and the Reverend and shouts at him "Look killing him isn't going to do any good! What do you mean where is she? Where is who?"

"SONNY! Where the hell is everyone esle?" Richard yells out at Sonny again

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:02 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
From my suppine position I groan, "Somebody give me a cigarette for christ's sake"

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Addressing to Richard, "I hardly think a kick to the ribs is any kind of capital punishment. Besides, the bastard deserves it." Jordie gives a weak smile to the unknown individuals, "Parden my French gentlemen."

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 pm
by Silver Priest
Resistance roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256001/]Resistance roll (5%) (1d100=23)[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:42 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil looks at you, "That son of a bitch took my sister, why do you think I'd still be interested in this story?"
Sonny looks exhausted, and checks on Tom to make sure he isn't getting back up, knocking the knife away from him. "They fell in a hole on the other side, but they were all ok. Its why I came to help out. You're welcome by the way."
A bright flash goes off as Joe takes a picture of Richard standing over the body of the Reverend with his gun. An obvious gun shot wound to the chest.
You hear the Reverend gurgle a bit as he spits blood up and then lays still.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 pm
by BenTheRat
Michael and Charles,The words tremble from your mouth, the words meaningless are forgotten as soon as they are spoken. The chorus of the chanting rising to a crescendo, as your blood reaches the blood of [b]Charles [/b]flowing from the other end of the table. Images of space flood your mind, of soaring between the stars and the planets. Doing loops around the rings of Saturn and jumping between the moons of Jupiter. OOC- Michael and Charles both lose their 3rd hit point worth of blood loss.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Noticing the Reverend's is on his last leg, Jordie lumbers toward the Reverend and slumps down to check on his pulse.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm
by DrVendetta
"Thanks for coming Sonny, we clearly needed the help" Richard says heatfeltly to Sonny

Richard checks to see if the Reverend or Tom are still alive and then ties them up with whatever is available (rope from satchel, belt whatever I have handy. Richard dosent trust these two dead or alive.

Richard is already thinking about how to get the camera from Joe, there is no way that picture is going to be published in the paper, Richard dosent need that type of publicity.

Richard starts talking to Phil again as he is doing the above, "What sister? When did this happen?"

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 pm
by BenTheRat
It takes all Jordie's strength to get over to the others, she checks both bodies and as far as she can tell there is no pulse on either of them. You have some rope in your satchels, so are able to tie up the bodies well.
There is a broken sword and a fighting knife on them. But that is all.
Phil is now sitting on the ground tears streaming down his face. "It was ten years ago, back when all the other kids were disappearing. My baby sister disappeared as well. Her body was never found, but I know this Bastard took her. Then when he escaped from prison, I started to dig into it. I had to have a story to cover my research, but Sam killed it. Now he's gone. Finally, Shiela can rest."
Warren,you think this might be the first time you've ever seen [b]Phil [/b]show his honest side.
Joe goes over to take a picture of the 2 bodies side by side. "Man you guys are going to be heroes." Then Phil says, "No Joe, this is 1 story that we won't run. I got what I came for."
About that time you hear an unearthly shriek come from across the lot. It runs a chill up and down your spines.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison - Michael - Charles,Harrison [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256376/]continues[/url] the unholy hymn to its climatic completion. The song now makes sense to you of creatures that fly through space, that bathe in a comets tail and dance in the aura of a nebula's gas cloud. Finally as it ends the 3 of you come out of your trance. . OOC: Congratulations you just successfully summoned your first outer world creature. Harrison suffer 1d6 sanity points for being the main caster. Charles and Michael each suffer 1d3 sanity points. . IC: In front of you on the table is a ragged corpse with wings similar to a crow. But the size of a man. It's claws have black talons where his fingers should be and a beaked face. It sits up squatting on the table and looks at each of you like it is expecting something. . OOC: Each of you need to make a Sanity 1/1d6 check (make this on your new lower stat from the spell casting) . IC: The creature then looks up to the sky, like it is searching for something, spreads its wings, and screams out a horrid sound. You raise your hands to your ears to try and block out the noise. . OOC: If you do not suffer 5-6 sanity points on either roll, you may take an action. Michael gets first action Then Harrison Then Charles But right now just assume they are all at the same time.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 am
by Silver Priest
First Sanity Loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256450/]San loss (1d3=2)[/url]
San Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256454/]San (36) (1d100=43)[/url]
Second San Loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256455/]San loss (1d6=2)[/url]
Something in Michael's mind snaps at the sight of the unholy abomination. Maybe it's his years as a cop, or maybe he's just lucky, but either way he is able to keep himself from screaming.

Almost on instinct, he raises his gun at the terrible thing and fires. Anything to stop the horrible screaming.
Handgun,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256460/]Shot (point blank?) 100% (1d100=41)[/url]
Damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256461/]Damage (1d10=6)[/url]
Ben,Let me know if Michael's unable to fire due to the screeching. I have a feeling he's about to die anyway. I just hope I don't cause the deaths of the others as well. :(

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 am
by BenTheRat
The bullet strikes the creature square in the chest. It howls out in pain.
For the rest of you, as the screeching noise starts to wain you hear a gunshot from the same direction.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 am
by DrVendetta
"Now what" and Richard is off toward the sounds and gun shots, he is changing out the clip in the gun that he had been firing so both pistols are fully loaded.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:23 am
by DrPeterson
Realising what he's just done strikes Harrison's mind with the strength of a hammer.
4 Sanity loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256889/]Sanity loss from spell (1d6=4)[/url]

He clutches the altar to maintain his balance as his vision starts spinning, only to bring the creature closer to his attention.
Sanity fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256890/]Sanity check from seeing the creature (1d100=66)[/url]
3 Sanity loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256893/]Sanity loss from seeing the creature (1d6=3)[/url]
Harrison recoils from the altar, screaming out in terror and pain as he shifts his full weight to his leg. He falls to the ground and desperately crawls back whimpering, tears running down his face.
OOC:,I've just lost 7 sanity in under a minute, do I go loopy?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am
by Papa Gateau
"Shit! That sounds like the others are in trouble too, quick follow me!" Sonny sprints back the way he just came.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison,the rules say if you lose 5 points from the same source you go insane. You didn't do that. So while there is no permanent damage, I think you played it correctly.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben,am I still lying about or can I move yet?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,you can move but you need help if you want to stand, and walking you need a lot of help. If you think about the minimum strength a person can be is 3, you are at 2 right now.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:40 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I watch as Sonny starts to move in the direction of the gunshots. And realise with horror that if everybody legs it, I'll be left her on my own with a dead body.
"Shit, a little help here would be really good"
I manage to claw my way to my feet, but the ground seems far to unstable for walking on.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm
by Occigon
major sanity fail,First loss: 1 Sanity check: 93 Second loss: 6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257175/
Something snaps in Charles' mind; eh falls to his knees, yelling wordlessly ta the top of his lungs.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:42 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny and Richard take off across the rocky terrain towards the hole in the ground a couple hundred yards away. Even from this distance you can hear screaming and yelling. You won't get there till the end of next round.
Warren and Jordie are both stuck behind and unable to run. Warren cannot even stand on his own. Joe comes up and helps him up.
Meanwhile, down in the chapel, Charles and Harrison are screaming and yelling but not being very helpful to Michael at all. Who has now pissed off this nightmare standing on the alter. It turns towards him and swoops in. You can tell your bullet seemed very affective on this creature from your first shot.
Your gun is up and ready to shoot. You can get off one shot before it is on you. It's talons look razor sharp. You know its do or die right here.
Michael,You get to shoot now if you want to since your gun is ready and pointing at the target. Then we will have to go by Dex order, 13 is pretty good, I'll have to go home and check my notes on the creature to see if you'll get 1 shot or 2. BTW, I don't think you rolled a large enough die for a .38 automatic damage, did you roll a d6 and get 6 or roll a d10 and got 6. for some reason I'm thinking it should be a d10. I'll have to wait till I get home to check the rulebook.
Charles,There is a roll to prevent you from getting a permanent insanity, but as I've never had this come up yet I want to go home and review the rules before I go forward with that. Right now the screaming in terror is the right move. Basically you are useless till this is over.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 pm
by Silver Priest
Despite the horrific situation, Michael's grins. The sound of the demon screaming was like music to his ears. It proved the thing could be hurt. Could be killed. He fires again at the approaching monstrosity, hoping another shot would put it down.
Handgun,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257313/]Handgun (1d100=69)[/url]
Damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257316/]Damage (1d10=4)[/url]
Ben,I rolled a d10.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny and Richard are drawing closer, another gunshot is heard, mixed in with the screams, some sound human, and some do not. You also hear what could be maniacal laughter as well.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:54 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Besides the Reverend's body, Jordie rifles through his clothing to see if any of his pockets contained anything incriminating.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,He is wearing robes, no clothes underneath. However around his neck is a set of keys on a chain. You find nothing else on the body.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison doesn't stop screaming as he is trying to get away from the beast, his fingers are digging through the dust and suddenly he grabs onto something solid. He wildly throws the rock at the thing as he keeps shouting at it.

"GO AWAY!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! FUCKING GO AWAY!!!!!"

Throw,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257500/]throws a rock (1d100=21)[/url] I actually succeed at a throw check!

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison,It was probably a rock, so lets say 1-2 points of damage, roll away. That actually might help.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 am
by BenTheRat
Charles,You need to make an Idea roll (btw you want to fail it)
Richard,you realize once you are about half way there you don't have a flashlight anymore. You are trying to follow Sonny's but he is pointing it to where he is stepping not you. Make a luck check. If you fail make a dex*4 check.
The Creature slams down on Michael. His First claw attack slashes but he mistimed the attack still disoriented by the summoning.
Michael,you get another shot before his 2nd attack. Don't miss.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:15 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,luck chance = 50% roll = 10% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257825/[/url]
Richard is trying to stay up and behind Sonny but Richard no longer has a flashlight so he is lagging behind a little.

Richard yells out to Sonny "Slow down Sonny I don't have a flashlight anymore, when we get there you put a light on what you want me to shoot and I will unload"

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:16 am
by Silver Priest
Narrowly avoiding the demon's first attack, Michael fires another round at it, maniacally cackling as he does so.
Handgun,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257864/]Handgun(Point Blank) 100% (1d100=88)[/url]
Damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257870/]Damage (1d10=8)[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:41 am
by BenTheRat
The beast slumps down on top of you. Then you feel a rock hit. You look down and its 2nd claw has already started to tear your shirt. Its twitching but somehow you know its dead. Whatever the hell it is, you crawl out from under it.
Michael,FYI, you never have 100%. 95% is Max. and I accidentally rolled both its attacks at the same time.: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257792/]Claw attacks 35% (1d100=66, 1d100=22)[/url] If you did miss, you were dead. You're lucky it missed that first one. Its damage was 3d6. Ouch. Good job.
Sonny and Richard hear a 3rd gunshot.
Michael and Harrison look up to see Sonny with a flashlight and Richard pointing a gun down in the pit.
Charles is curled up against one wall speaking incoherently.
The creature lay on the ground. Now that you see it clearly it is huge at least 7 foot tall with muscles on its arms bigger than any creature you have ever seen. Something yellow is oozing out of it onto the floor. Michael realizes he is half covered in this yellow ooze.
As Sonny and Richard look down in the pit you can see what appears to have been a chapel. There are 2 alter type tables side by side only a couple feet between them. One appears to be black marble with intricate designs on it. The other is made of very rough stone and has the skeleton of a small person chained spread eagle on the table. The center of its chest is crushed inwards.
The black marble table is very clean compared to how dirty everything else in the room is.
There is a desk half covered in debris and you see a very large book laying on the ground.
The black marbles design draws your eyes back to it.
Sonny and Richard,make a POW resistance check. Roll really low.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:45 am
by Silver Priest
Pushing the thing off him, Michael shakingly comes to his feet. He looks down at the monster's corpse and spits.

"Ha. Ha Ha. Burn in hell, demonspawn!" He continues to laugh, overconfidence and adrenaline delaying the full impact of the horror, at least for now. He was alive!

Looking up at Sonny and Richard, he gives a mock salute,a manic gleam in his eyes.

"A little late gentlemen, but nice to see you both. Throw down a rope, would ya?"

Registering he is pretty well covered with the beast's foul ooze, Michael strips off his shirt and tries to wipe as much of it off him as possible.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison crawls up with some difficulty, using the shovel to pull himself off the ground. He uses it as support as he limps over to Charles, still not sure about what happened, but quite confident that the man needs some support.

He softly starts speaking to Charles, making soothing noises more than coherent sentences, trying to calm the man down.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 am
by Papa Gateau
Sonny's gaze is pulled towards to the design in the black marble top. He tries to pull his eyes away but is unable, somehow mesmerised by the pattern.
POW,71 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258223/ oh bugger!

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
With Joe half carrying, half supporting me, we move in the direction taken by Sonny and Richard. Its slow progress and the sudden silence after the last gunshot is a bit unerving. And goodness knows what happened to Phil and Jordie

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 pm
by BenTheRat
Phil is still sitting on the ground next to the 2 dead bodies.
Jordie looked like she searched the bodies.
As Michael calls up for them to throw down a rope, Sonny jumps down into the pit and on top of the black alter. And begins to chant. It sounds vaguely familiar.
The creature in the corner begins to melt.
OOC,waiting on Richard to make a resistance check and Charles to make an idea check. Jordie what are you doing?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm
by Occigon
Idea Roll,Roll=7 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258492/ Talk about SPECTACULARLY bad rolling...

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:10 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard is taking in the whole view of the carnage in the pit when he see's Sonny jump down into the pit and up onto the altar Richard follows him and attempts to tackle him down off of the altar yelling out "Someone give me some light and some help over here"
Ben resist roll,I rolled a 2 so I assumed I passed [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258539/[/url]
Ben Sonny tackle,not sure what to roll my grapple is a 25% not sure if I get bonuses but my roll was a 61% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258546/[/url]

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard rips his eyes away from the alter and leaps down on top of Sonny.
ooc,he isn't fighting you so no roll was needed.
You tackle him down and shake him a bit. He stops the chanting and looks at you like, what the hell happened.
Charlie starts screaming about a demon.
Charlie,You tried to convince yourself it was just some guy with bad surgery, but you see it for what it really is/was. A creature from another world. Another dimension. That your chanting and your blood brought it here. You will be helpless until you get some good drugs at a hospital and a bad night sleep. After that you can act normally but you have picked up a phobia of flying creatures. So anytime I say you see a shadow of something flying above you, you should assume it is one of these creatures coming to get revenge for summoning one of them to just kill it. You might have the same reaction to a loud screeching noise. Just role-play appropriately.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 pm
by Occigon
Thrashing around, sobbing, and yelling incoherently at the same time, Charles tries - and fails - to process the horror that he' saw. For a few seconds, he locks eyes with Harrison, who sees the abject desperation in the man's face. Then he closes his eyes again, in vain trying to unsee what he saw.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 am
by DrVendetta
Richard gets off of Sonny and offers a hand to pull him up to his feet "Sorry about that but something over took you and you jumped up on the alter and started chanting which just looked like a really bad idea to me"

Taking in everything going on around him Richard looks for something to cover the child skeleton with to save Phil some pain, believeing at this point it is Phil's sister, in case him comes over and looks down into the pit.

"Jesus what did we get ourselves into here"

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 am
by DrPeterson
"I don't know, man, but we have to get Charlessome help, we have to either get him plastered or sedated, I think."

Harrison has his arm around the man as he looks at the newcomers.

"What was that shooting up there, one of those creatures?"

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:39 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny shakes himself out of his confusion and looks at Richard "Don't sweat it brother, I'm not really sure what happened there, kinda got lost in there for a moment"

He looks around, taking in the scene "What the hell happened down here? Man,there's some weird shit been going down." he shakes his slowly in bemusement.

Registering what Harrison said "Has he got his flask on him? Didn't the professor say that drinking from the flask would help us out if things got strange? " he pauses, trying to recollect exactly what the professor said about the flasks.

"Oh yeah, Warren's been cut-up pretty bad too - I think he needs to see a doc to get stitched up"

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm
by DrPeterson
"Everyone down here needs stitching up one way or the other. And I think that was more a poetic way of saying that booze helps repress whatever we'd see."

Harrison starts going through Charles's pocket, looking for his flask and giving him something to drink from it.

Here buddy, you won't feel right as rain, but it'll take the sting off of things.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:34 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard is also looking for some debris to cover the altar up with as well as something to cover the child with. As Richard is ensuring that both his pistols are put back away he suddenly remembers that he was stabbed during all the excitement Richard checks his stab wound to see that it is ok and says "I could use a bit of first aid on this stab wound if anybody knows the proper way to clean it up when everyone else is put back together."

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 pm
by BenTheRat
There is plenty of debris to cover up the black alter and the skeleton.
Charles,get back 1 sanity point.
Harrison,I think you meant Charles not Richard up above.
Richard and Sonny,sorry forgot, you need a sanity check seeing the skeleton of the child. sanity 0/d2.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:10 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben,how far have I got to go before I can get back into the game?

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren stumbles along with Joe's help to the edge of the pit just as Richard covers up the black alter and skeleton.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 pm
by Silver Priest
"I have no damn idea." Michael responds to Richard's question. "But it was a good thing you stopped Sonny from chanting. As soon as I laid eyes on that alter, I was drawn to it. I think the others were as well. We all went up to it and started chanting. I placed my fingers in those indentations and cut myself up pretty badly, and by the looks of thing Charles did as well. I saw what was happening, but had no control over myself.

"Once we finished the chant, that thing was in front of us." Michael points out what was left of the demon's corpse. "I don't know what it is or what it wanted, but I do know that it was a devil of some sort. So rather than let it take me back to whatever hell it came from, I shot it. Shot it until it was dead." He giggles to himself. "Thought I'd need holy water, but a few bullets did the trick."

He regards the alter once again, suspicion in his eyes. "My guess is this thing is bewitched somehow. Everyone of us that has come into contact with it were possessed. Except you, apparently. It must be connected to hell or thereabouts. We should destroy it somehow. Covering it up only works until the next poor fool finds themselves down here. We can't let anymore of those demons come through."

Hearing Charles's screams, Michael regards his panicked companion. "Maybe one of you should hit him over the head. That might calm him down." He seems oblivious to how insensitive he is being.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 am
by DrPeterson
"Maybe you should hit yourself over the head, Michael. But wait at least till we've reached a doctor or a hospital."

Harrison's nerves are frayed too, he pulls himself up on his shovel and regards the others.

"I suggest we take that chained-up book over there, get out of here, get fixed up and try to get some fucking sleep. How's that for a plan?"

Ben,You're right, I edited the post for consistency.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:16 am
by BenTheRat
OOC POST: Status Report
Right now all of you are in the chapel except for Warren (who is still extremely weak) and has no flashlight with Joe the photographer.(who does have a flashlight). They are at the edge of the pit.
And Jordie who is currently with Phil. I am not sure what Jordie is doing. She is strong enough to cross the grounds by herself. Or she can stay with Phil?
Charlie is drinking from his flask and feeling a little better. Everyone looks very beat up and all of you have seen things you would have never thought possible just a few hours earlier.
Everyone gain +5 to your Cthulhu Mythos skill.
Richard, your flashlight is also broken. You have managed to cover up both the skeletal remains and the black alter.
(still waiting on Sanity checks from Richard and Sonny.)
Getting out of the hole could be a bit tricky, there are some steps but after the 2nd one they have crumbled down. Probably a rope and someone pulling you up is probably the best bet.
Phil is still kneeling next to the 2 bodies. He has picked up the knife Tom was using. And said he would stand guard to make sure they didn't "wake up".
Harrison's suggestion of getting to a hospital sounds like a great idea to everyone.

Any questions?

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 am
by DetectiveSocks
Stowing the key away from the Reverend, Jordie shifts her attention away towards Tom Lawrence's body and begins searching it. Looking over at Phil, "You okay big guy?" As Jordie tries to show sincere concern towards Phil.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 am
by DrVendetta
"Warren give Joe your rope, Joe throw one end of the rope down here and lets start getting the wounded up there"
Richard turns to the others and looks them over "OK who is the most hurt and needs the most help? they should probably go first, Sonny you or I should go up before Charles to make sure he dosent take off running on us when he gets up there. We have whats left of Tom and The Reverend from the Chapel up there on the ground where we were at I believe Jordie and Phil are over there making sure they don't wake up which I am pretty sure is never going to happen again. Any ideas on how to unchain the book?"
Ben,Sanity 48 roll = 8 so a pass [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260709/[/url]

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

Holding tight to Joe, I peer over the edge of the hole, "What happened? And what book?"

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 pm
by Papa Gateau
SAN check,[52] 79 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260960/ SAN lodd 1d2: 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260961/
Let me go up first, I'm not hurt and it will be easier to pull everyone up if I'm up top too

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny is horrified by the thought of the child being sacrificed.
Richard sees a large book laying on the ground, there is a chain hanging from the book, it is not attached to anything. (they already broke it free from the desk.)
Phil responds, "I'm good, why don't you go help your friends out?"

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard goes over and grabs the book and says "Ok the chain is broken I got the book so who needs help getting up first?" Richard then walks over to that person to start helping them up

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:29 pm
by BenTheRat
The opening is high enough the edges unstable enough that you can assume the only way out would be to use a rope. And those that have been injured need to be pulled up.
Climbing,if you suffered less than 1/4 of your hit points, you may climb the rope. Add (Str + Dex) * 5 / 2. This is your target to climb the rope.
Warren is still too weak to pull anyone up, and Joe is a little guy. They will need Jordie's help to pull anyone up. Or have someone climb the rope to help them pull people up.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:42 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael grimaces, a sign that the pain is catching up to him.

"I'll probably need help going up. I took a nasty fall, and have some pretty bad cuts here. A hospital trip is probably in my future. Still, probably best you take Charles up first. He seems to have had the worst reaction to ...recent events. Maybe getting him out of this hole in the ground will help him relax some more..

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 pm
by DrVendetta
"Sonny do you want to go up and help pull the injured up or should I? I figure you would be better at pulling people up then me with this stab wound but its up to you" Richard says to Sonny

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison helps to get Charles to the rope so he can be evacuated. He's limping severely and it's obvious he won't be able to climb out on his own.

As he lights another cigarette, he leans heavily on the shovel.

"Who the fuck is Phil? And the reverend? You mean the pedophile priest? Fuck..."

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm
by DrVendetta
"Yeah the priest from the Chapel, Phil is from the paper so is Joe who is standing up there" Richard says to Harrison

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison's cigarette dangles from his lower lips as he looks up at Joe.

"From the paper? Who tipped these guys off? Didn't we have enough hacks around already?"

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC:   Was there anything that I found on Tom Lawrence's body? If not, I'll move along and head towards where everybody else is.  

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,sorry, there is nothing on him. The knife that Phil is holding but he will give it to you if you want it. And the broken sword.

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am
by DrVendetta
Richard raises an eyebrow as he turns and looks at Harrison "I followed the photographer after he snapped our picture at dinner and took off. The other one I believe is the older brother of the small girl chained to the alter over there. So who are the other hacks are you refering to Harrison?"

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 am
by BenTheRat
As Jordie goes over with the others, the 3 of you can now start pulling people up one at a time.
OOC,was there anything anyone else wanted to do before we move forward?

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am
by DetectiveSocks
"May I see your knife there big guy?" As Jordie leans in closer towards Phil, wondering if the knife was the, Pognus of the one who cannot be named.
OOC:   EDITED: Well, this is awkward :/  

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:38 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie,np, It looks like this. [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/823/4hca.jpg[/img]
"Yea sure" and hands it to you. He opens his bag and pulls out a more normal looking knife. "Keep it, I don't want it." he says.

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am
by DrPeterson
Uhm, Warren? He's a journo, isn't he?

Harrison waggles over to the rope and throws away the butt of his cigarette.

"Come on, we'll talk about the media when we get to the hospital. Let's start getting people out of here."

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Again I peer into the hole, "Before you all come up, check there are no other exits from down there"

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm
by DrPeterson
There aren't, there's only this broken staircase.

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:44 pm
by Papa Gateau
"Here Harry, let me help you tie Charlie on" Sonny helps Charles over to Harrison and helps hold him up whilst he fastens the rope under his arms and around his chest.

"Okay guys, haul away - but be gentle with him!"

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:04 pm
by BenTheRat
After Jordie is done with the bodies and Phil, she makes her way over there and between Joe, Jordie and Warren they can haul Charlie up.
Something lifts off his shoulders as he is pulled out of that hole.
As that is going on the others search the rest of the chapel, and that is everything, there are no other exits.

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues to help everyone get up then he is the last one to go up the rope.

Upon reaching the top he looks around and ask "Does anyone need immediate first aid or can it all wait until we get the the hospital?"
All,I did not check the other threads but Ben is camping this weekend so it will probably be Sunday late before he will post again so for now we just have a chance to get caught up on information sharing and other character interaction

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:46 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I find and light a cigarette. It starts me coughing which hurts my ribs like hell, but I percevere.
"Cough, cough, Jesus my insides feel like theve been through a giant juicer" turning slowly, and a little unsteadily, I nod at Richard, "Sure with a little help I can last till we find the hospital. I'm sure one of the less injured can drive my jalopy"
I continue coughing then smoking then coughing, "Hey did anybody get that knife Tom was waving and how about that sword?"
With a last drag I crush the butt beneath my heel as if it was some kind of personal enemy, "Speaking of the albino, what happened to him?"

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard responds to Warren "They are both over there where we were, Phil the reporter is over there making sure they don't get back up which I very seriously doubt will ever happen. I put the reverend down with my gun after he threw a bunch of his magic at us, I tagged Tom with my gun as well but he finally took his own life with his knife. Last I saw the sword & knife they were still over there. Just as Tom slit his own throat we started hearing the big ruces and gunshot over here so Sonny and I came charging over here to see what was going on. Anyone know anything about this book or that altar down there I don't rember hearing about these things when we were doing our research?"

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:51 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Magic! You mean he was doing card tricks? So Phil is here is he...Why?"
I hug my ribs a bit, then remember the flask, and give myself a jolt.
"I'm not sure what that albino bastard hit me with but my ribcage is still ringing"
I replace the cap and geture in a rough direction to where we were, "We need to find that knife and see if it was the one from the house, the Peanut or whatever it's called. It also might be a good idea to have a look and see what our friend Tom was up to before we disturbed him, because he sure wasn't dressed for no church meeting."

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 pm
by Silver Priest
"Magic?" Michael asks. "Well then, I guess it's safe to say we're all believers in this hocus pocus now. Nice work in taking them down. If the reverend was 'throwing magic around', maybe he was behind whatever is going on in that house. Our problem could already be solved." Somehow Michael doubted it. Especially since the alter had managed to bewitch them after the reverend and Tom were already dead. There seemed to be more to this than a sinister holy man.

He rubs his back. "We really should figure out a cover story if we're all heading to the hospital. Not all our wounds can be explained by a nasty fall."

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison lights up another fag and nods in agreement with Michael.

"Not only that, there's two dead men here as well. Unless you suggest they go sleep with the fishes, the cops will find those pretty damn soon too."

He takes a few drags and shakes his head.

"I don't know what the hell is going on here, but we found the skeleton of a kid chained to an altar, a booked chained to another altar and then we all of a sudden decided to go chanting some weird incantation around another altar, while spilling our blood in it. I thought this was going to be an easy job..."

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:43 am
by DrVendetta
Richard speaks up "I say we hide the bodies down near the altars that way if the cops find them they think maybe one was a suicide or something, I think the kid on the altar may be Phil's little sister who he says was kidnapped by the Reverend and why he was trying to keep this story alive so be respectful how you speak about the skeleton around Phil, I am assuming he followed us when with left him at the paper, he and Joe came running out of the woods right after I shot Tom and the Reverend. I say the Reverend was throwing magic around because he mumbled something at me and through something towards me then my lungs instantly filled with water and I was drowning, don't know how else to explain it but I was puking up water for quite a bit over there. I still believe that there is something or someone else pulling the strings here, I mean the whole court case getting washed under in the court system, the papers not reporting a whole lot on the original event, the Reverend escaping from prison, I mean come on there is someone with much more power behind this somewhere I am just not sure where yet.
Ben,[b]Joe[/b] isn't walking out of here with that roll of film he took the pictures with, I don't need the hassle of the picture he took of me being used as blackmail of me or worse yet ending up in the paper or police department's hands, I believe he is still here with us and Phil is away from us so since we have the numbers now and this is true I will walk over to Joe and ask him [color=#0000FF]"[b]Joe[/b] let me see your camera for a second I want to try something"[/color] and lay the book down on the ground like I am going to take a picture of it or do something special with the camera to test the book for something, when he hands me the camera I will turn back to the book and take the film out of the camera exposing it and ruining it then hand him camera back and say [color=#0000FF]"Thanks I am glad we got to do this the easy way."[/color] otherwise I will pull my gun on him and demand the camera, remove the film and give him the camera back. You get my point here feel free to post what happens with this in your next post with what I and Joe do and say to each other

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
I nod in agrrement, "Chucking the bodies down the cellar, or whatever it is, it wont confuse the cops for long but it might stop them finding them so quick"
I look towards the woods, was that where Tom and his playmate had first come from? If so then what the hell was Phil and Joe doing there?

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:42 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Hey Harrison, you got a spare smoke?"
Harrison,As you step away from the others I will speak quietly so that Joe can't hear. [color=#0040FF]"I don't trust Phil, why was he and Joe there, in the woods with the Albino and the Reverend? Before the trouble I heard whispering coming from over there."[/color] [color=#0040FF]"Also it seemed like Phil was kind of eager to make sure that the Albino and the reverend were unable to answer questions, also whats all this sister stuff I've never heard him mention it before?"[/color]

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:33 pm
by DrPeterson
"Listen, you don't have to convince me about the magic-thing, I just saw a giant monstrous bat thing appear out of thing air, well, air filled with our blood. If it'd been Jesus, I'd have turned Christian. I'm pretty convinced.
I suggest we get a closer look at whatever they were doing here. We can still decide what to do with the bodies on the way back.
"

He turns to Warren and rummages through his pockets, handing him a cigarette.

"Sure thing, buddy."
Warren,[b]Harrison [/b]limps a bit closer and lowers his voice. "[color=#0000BF]I've no idea who those guys are or where they suddenly came from, but it's all a bit too coincidental if you ask me. You should tell [b]Mike [/b]to keep an eye on them, he's got a gun.[/color]"

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"Thanks pal, will do" I say lighting the cigarette.
I look round for Michael, finaly spotting him, "Hey Michael. Speak to you a minute?"
Michael,I keep my voice low, [color=#0040FF]"Keep an eye on Phil and Joe, their sudden appearance is a might suspicious. Oh and keep hold of your gun"[/color]
I toss the cigarette in a shower of sparks, "Well guys we'd better get sorted before someone calls the cops"

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47 pm
by Silver Priest
Michael nods. "Sure thing." He follows Warren a safe distance away from the others.
Warren,"[color=#0000FF]Will do. Frankly after what I've seen today, I'm not sure I trust anyone outside our little group. This whole thing reeks of a cover up[/color]."

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Joe doesn't want to give up his camera but when you flash the gun he gives up the film pretty quickly.
Jordie has the dagger.
About this time you see a fire flare up over where Phil and the bodies are at.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 pm
by Priest
Warren kaine
I look toward the sudden flare of fire, "Oh shit, what now?"

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:03 pm
by DrPeterson
"He's burning the bodies!"

Harrison considers rushing over there, but the jolt of pain through his leg advises him to the contrary.
He turns to look at Joe and doesn't let him out of his sight.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 am
by BenTheRat
Joe looks as surprised as you. "Why the hell would he do that?"
OOC,if you want to make a psych check on Joe to see if he is lying or not go ahead.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:12 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison can't get a reading on Joe.
Balls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265593/]psychology (1d100=93)[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 am
by DrVendetta
Richard starts running towards the fire with a gun out
psych roll,rolled a 99 so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265789/[/url]
Ben,Richard is very leary of Phil & Joe at this point as Phil may have held the power to keep the original stories out of the paper he may be the big shot behind all this so he will be ready to shoot Phil at the first signs of magic play

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:39 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,as you start running for the fire you realize you still don't have a flashlight. You can head towards the fire, but the ground is uneven and there isn't nearly enough light to allow you a safe trip.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:54 am
by Silver Priest
Michael finds Joe difficult to read.
Psychology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265811/]Psychology (43%) (1d100=77)[/url]

He pulls out his gun and keeps it leveled at Joe.

"No sudden movements pal. Richard's just gonna get this whole thing cleared up for us."

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 am
by DrVendetta
Richard travels as fast as possible without risking a fall (I figure the light from the fire is helping me and will allow me to see Phil when I get there)

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:04 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,make a Luck roll and a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,luck chance = 50% roll = 35% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265874/[/url]
Ben,spot hidden chance = 45% roll = 48% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4265875/[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:17 am
by BenTheRat
Richard, you have made it about half way across and you don't see Phil over by the fire. You are having to concentrate on the uneven ground though and with no light, it is tough.
Richard,make another luck and spot hidden roll

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Luck = 70% so a failure
Ben,spot hidden a 96% so also a failure

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine

Obviously not going anywhere, I take a good look at Joe trying to figure out if he's lying.
Psychology Roll,05% 1d100 → [93] = (93) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266162/
"So Joe just how long were you and Phil watching from the woods? And did you see the albino and the old man before they attacked us?"
Warren thinking:   I'm sure that by the time [b]Richard[/b] gets to the fire he'll find Phil long gone. And I don't think [b]Joe[/b] knows anything he is simply [b]Phil's[/b] patsy.I wouldn't be suprised if the film Richard took from [b]Joe's[/b] camera had already been switched  

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie felt like a wallflower, slowly rubbing her elbow as she watches the ruckus and drama go on around her. Some quality R and R would be good after all this mess. Though of course, Jordie will be sleeping on the cold floor of a cell, if she doesn't get out of this hot water soon.

"Joe! We can't stay here too long! Were you watching us in the woods the entire time?"
Persuade Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266172/]Success = 31%[/url]
Psychology Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266169/]Failure = 26%[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard, you can't see much because your foot stepped on a loose rock that slid out from under you and fell face first into the rubble. It hurt but not enough to do any real damage. But you twisted your ankle and it feels stuck.
Joe is stammering, "We just got here. Phil didn't want to come in the front because you'd see us. So we snuck in through the loose fence pieces in the back corner. We had just arrived when we heard the gunfire, so we ran to see if we could help out."

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,not sure what that post means, the description dosent allow me to understand my current situation and what my reactions can be so I attempt to get unstuck and continue towards the fire, once again I am travelling as fast as possible without risk of falling I have been this way before. Let me know if I need to make any rolls

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard removes some of the rubble around his foot and frees it from the debris. It hurts to put weight on it, but you continue on across the rubble, a bit slower and trying to be more careful.
After a few minutes you finally get close enough for the light from the fire to help you see where you are stepping. It does appear that Phil burned the bodies. And is now no where to be seen.
The stench of burning flesh hits you like a lead brick.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:54 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard takes a close look around looking for tracks in the dirt indicating the direction that Phil may have went
Ben,track chance = 45 roll = 14 so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266343/[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,You can see his tracks heading back into the woods, and it looks like he was dragging something.
The rest of you see Richard shoot off into the darkness towards the fire. About half way there he slips and falls, then gets up and continues on.
What are the rest of you doing?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:36 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"I don't want to worry anyone, but Jordies right about time. Those flames" I point to the fire, "Are going to bring the cops running and I don't fancy trying to explain especially about magic to some beat cop"
I start hobbling towards the cars, "Jordie you drive, lets get going"

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:43 pm
by Occigon
Charles continues to whimper, occasionally muttering to himself, oblivious to the goings-on around him.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:12 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Watching the pride leave the body, Jordie mutters under her breath, "Oh boy... What's his deal?" Running to Charles's side, she throws her arm over his shoulder to help guide Charles. With her flashlight in her free hand, Jordie barks out, "C'mon! Let's get out of here!" As Jordie leads the way out of the overgrown lot.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:16 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie - Warren - Charles,make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266517/]Success = 27%[/url]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie,as you head to the cars, you pass by what was obviously the entrance archway that has now crumbled and you see something on the rocks.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:10 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [36] = (36) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266565/

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:11 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,as you head to the cars, you pass by what was obviously the entrance archway that has now crumbled and you see something on the rocks.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
"What the hell is that over there" I point towards the rubble.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie pauses for a moment, "What is it?" As she looks up at the rubble, amongst the chaos and fire in the air.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 pm
by Occigon
Charles, still overcome, fails to notice anything.
Spot Hidden,Roll=30. FAIL http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266666/

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,just placing this as hidden text in case you don't want the others to know whats going on. Now I am pretty sure that Phil is the mastermind here, what was burning when I came by the fire, if possible I try to grab something to use at light (something to make a torch out of) I also try to figure out which of the bodies that Phil was dragging off into the woods before I go in after him.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,You can easily pick up one of the burning pieces of wood to use as a torch. Without something else on it, the wood will only burn so long on its own. It appears there are 2 bodies in the fire. Make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Everything is going to be alright Charles," Jordie tries her best to comfort Charles's distraught thoughts; although, she may as well try reasoning with the sun.
Psychoanalysis Roll 1%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266682/]Failure = 36%[/url] Thought I'd give it a shot :P

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,Spot hidden chance = 45% roll = 20% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266712/[/url] I am also looking around for something to wrap around the torch to keep it going, maybe something usefull in my satchel? Torch in left hand gun in right hand

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,There is still some cloth on the bodies. As you try and tear off a part, you can see that one of the bodies is a dummy and not a real body.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 am
by BenTheRat
Jordie - Warren,the 2 of you see this painted onto the stone. . [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/5239/a0d3.jpg[/img] . It looks freshly painted and you immediately get a headache and things get dizzy.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,I check to see if the other body is real or a dummy and which body it is

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:37 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,It doesn't take long to figure the 2nd definitely is a body, the smell alone is enough to tell. And it is obviously Tom, he was much bigger. Which means the Rev wasn't burned.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:50 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,ok I am off following the drag marks which should be fairly easy, I know the torch is going to give my location away to Phil but I am hoping it gives my location away to Sonny as well as he is probably the only one healthy enough to help me at this point.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 am
by BenTheRat
You see Richard dig around in the fire a bit then come up with a torch. He then appears to be heading towards the woods.
Richard,you follow the tracks for a few minutes then the drag marks stop, then its just foot prints. When you get to the woods, the tracks become fainter. Make another tracking roll to keep going.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,track chance = 45% roll = 92% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266892/[/url]. Richard looks at the drag marks to see if they just end or if they kind of fade away slowly, are the footprints deeper after the drag marks go away like maybe Phil picked up the Reverends body? Richard looks to see if this was a path that Phil was following or just underbrush in the woods going in no general direction. Richard tries to remember how big the woods would be right here and where they might lead to

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,the tracks do look deeper, like maybe he picked up the body. The tracks were going in a straight direction. If you want to continue in the same direction let me know.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,this is probably a mistake but I feel I can catch him if he is carrying a body so I continue to go straight

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:07 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,As you try and go straight, you eventually run into a fence. It has wide boards and some of them look rotted and loose. You can lift them easy enough. As you climb through the opening you see blood on the edges of the wood. . As you get through you see Phil's car speeding away.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,I note what direction he takes off in and the high tail it back to the others now that I have a light

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,ok sounds good. I need to let the other players post to catch up. You've done a lot with this bit.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:26 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison curses as he sees Richard move off.

"Damn it, Richard, we have to get out of here!"

He looks at the two other men and says:

"I'll be in my car, I'm off no use with this leg. If you want to go after Dick, be my guest, but I'm splitting as soon as I hear sirens."

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 am
by Papa Gateau
""Ok man, just be ready with the engine running - I'm gonna take a quick look see what grabbed his attention. Give me 2 minutes. I'll turn back if I hear sirens, please wait - there ain't nothin' good can happen to a black man out here when the keystones turn up!"

With that Sonny turns and sprints after Richard - once more crossing the rubble strewn yard.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:11 am
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Ben,how am I doing, have I enough strength to investigste the rubble where I saw something myself?

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison,you move towards the cars with the others and when you get close to the collapsed archway at the front of where the chapel was, you see what [b]Warren [/b]and [b]Jordie [/b]are looking at. [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/5239/a0d3.jpg[/img] . It looks freshly painted and you immediately get a headache and things get dizzy. You see Warren walk over to the symbol and it looks like he is going to touch it.
Sonny,As you sprint off after [b]Richard [/b]you hear footsteps behind you, [b]Joe [/b]is running with you,[color=#0000FF] "what the hell has Phil done now."[/color] You have your flashlight, so that helps, but its still uneven ground preventing sprinting. As you get close enough you see him pull a torch out of the fire and check the ground. He then pulls his pistol out and heads for the woods. You follow him up through the woods and you catch up to him at the fence. [b]Richard [/b]has lifted a board and is looking through. Then turns back to face you.
Richard,As you turn around to head back to the cars, you see [b]Sonny [/b]and [b]Joe [/b]coming up behind you.
Warren,Your strength is returning but it will still be a while before you are at full strength. I've been updating your character sheet. You walk over to the symbol, and the closer you get the worse the headache becomes. Make a POW resistance check. Your target = 50%. In case you missed it, which it almost sounds like you did it was the freshly painted on symbol. You can click on [b]Harrison's [/b]button on this post to see the image again.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:44 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
Pow Resitance Roll,1d100 → [36] = (36) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4267474/ Made the roll do I still touch it?

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:45 pm
by DrPeterson
"Damn it, Warren, no!"

Harrison limps as fast as he can to intercept Warren, the blade of the shovel clinking on the gravel.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm
by BenTheRat
Warren,Your head stops spinning for a minute and you touch the symbol. Nothing happens. It appears to be recently painted onto the stone. Within a couple days.
Harrison,as you race (as best you can hobble) up to Warren he reaches down and touches the symbol on the stone. You need to make a Resistance roll, (target = 50%) a wave of naseau and vertigo engulf you.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard points the gun in Joe's general direction to ensure that he understands that at this point he is staying with the group and says "Com'on you two back to the cars quickley" and Richard waits so he can follow Joe to ensure he dosen't wander off and he keeps his pace up.
Ben,you never said what direction Phil went in when he left

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard - Sonny,As Richard points the gun at you two Joe drops to the ground, [color=#0000FF]"What the fuck man, stop waiving that thing around you're going to kill someone.[/color]" You hear him whimper a bit, or at least it sounds that way. Sorry, he went East. to your right.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 pm
by Papa Gateau
"You heard the man! On ya feet, come on, move it!" Sonny moves out of the direct line of fire, giving Richard a 'what the fuck?" look.

"Let's get outta here!"

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm
by Silver Priest
Deciding he does not want to be around when his former colleagues arrive, Michael follows Harrison.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:02 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Whatever this is meant to be its recent" I look at Harrisson and notice that he is looking particularly ill, "C'mon pal lets get the hell out of here".

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:11 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison is drawn from his focus on the symbol by Warren's voice.
He shakes his head to clear the nausea and cobwebs and looks up at the man.

"All right, let's go, this place is giving me the creeps!"

Harrison hobbles as fast as he can over to his car.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard - Sonny,[b]Joe [/b]is stammering, "[color=#0000FF]yea man whatever, what the hell you pointing that thing at me for?" [/color]he tries to get up and falls back down. He puts his hands over his head and starts to curl into a fetal position. [color=#0000FF]"please don't hurt me, I don't know what the fuck is going on[/color]."

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 pm
by Papa Gateau
"yeah pal! Whether you know nuthin or not - you're coming with us now! Simple choice - get up and walk or lie down and die, my friend will shoot you like a mangy cur if you don't move that skinny white ass of yours! "

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:41 pm
by BenTheRat
With a bit more coaxing Joe gets up and heads for the cars. By the time you get there the 5 others are already there waiting.
As you see Richard and Sonny walking towards you, you see Richard holding a gun on Joe.
OOC,ok, where to next?

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison starts the engine and grunts as he pushes down the gas pedal.
He drives away from the scene and heads towards the hospital.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm
by Silver Priest
"So what story are we going with?" Michael inquires. "I'd rather not have any more eyes prying around here than need be. If the police get a little curious and dig up that altar, we're all in for some trouble.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:28 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine
OOC:   hopefully Jordie will follow in my car which will be better than all of us trying to squeeze into one car.  

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:38 am
by DrVendetta
Richard puts his gun away as he jumps into the same car as Joe "So lets have it everything you know about Phil Joe, I will keep the gun away if it makes you feel better but I swear if I catch you in a lie you are going to regret it. Why don't you start with how you first meet him and how and when you started working with him, and then you can follow up with everything he has been having you do as far as following us abd checking on the house and the church lot" Richard stares at Joe intently as he awaits his answer's.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 am
by BenTheRat
Joe eyes the pocket where the gun is. "Listen, I've only worked at the paper for 6 months. That's when I met Phil. We cover stories together, he asks the questions I take the photo's, I've never seen anything like this shit tonight. Earlier today he comes to me and says we need to do a stakeout. It was the first time I've ever done one of those, so we get in the car and go to the museum. Nothing happens for a long time then he tells me,that's him. It was Warren and we follow him to the back. We saw a bunch of you guys going down into the basement there. He wanted to go sneak around, we went and took some pictures but I wouldn't go in. Then we heard you guys talking so we beat it back to the car. When we saw Warren get in the car and you guys heading across the street, he told me to follow you, take what notes I could, get a pic and take a cab back to the paper. So I hopped out and Phil followed Warren."
He stops to see if you are buying the story or not. He keeps going, "After you guys left the paper, I guess Phil and Warren hate each other, I mean I've worked with Warren before also, I'm just the photographer. Anyways, Phil said you would cut us out so we followed you. When you went in the alley for the Chapel he said he knew another way. We went around the block and came in through some loose boards in the fence, we were barely there when we hear the gunshots, so we ran up to where you were. Honest mister, that's the whole story."
ooc,if you want to make a psych check to see if he's lying or not, let me know.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 am
by BenTheRat
Everyone starts to hear sirens in the distance.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:24 am
by DrVendetta
Richard says ok lets get going to whoever is in the drivers seat, if its me I shout out "Everyone in a car NOW we are leaving, back to the museum first we can patch up there and then go to the appropriate places for medical help"
Ben,psych chance = 5% roll = 63% so a failure [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4268354/[/url] I need to know who is in what car and who is driving (possible me of course), also need to know if I have someone I may know who can help us medicaly so we do not have to use an official hospital, figure I may have had to have help like this before

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 am
by DetectiveSocks
The siren was a crescendo of the ominous threat approaching. The boy scouts of Boston won't be happy to see the community garden ablaze in the air, as if the fire was an exclamation mark of everything that happened on that lot. Quite frankly, it forecast something awful as Jordie went into deep thought about the funhouse around the corner.

It felt like the city was howling after Jordie, and she wasn't in the mood in making new friends. She slid the key into ignition and turned the gear into drive, ready to escape into the closing act of the show.
Psychology Roll 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4268573/]Success = 17%[/url]
OOC,So [b]Warren[/b], [b]Charles[/b], [b]Harrison[/b], and I are in [b]Warren's[/b] car. [b]Richard[/b], [b]Sonny[/b], and [b]Michael[/b] in the other? Isn't there 3 or 4 cars here that we own? Btw [b]DrVendetta[/b], we should just leave towards the hospital instead, as we don't want the nature of our enterprise to be known if we are followed. Especially the location. Unless, you want to check for something at the Museum, otherwise, we can catch our breaths at the hospital.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 pm
by BenTheRat
There are 3 cars here.
Jordie,you hear Joe spilling his story before you get in, you get a good look in his eyes, the kids scared but telling the truth.
One of you remembers the museum was locked up when you were last there, one of the reasons you came here.
OOC: For those heading to the hospital go here.
OOC: otherwise let me know where you are going?

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 pm
by Priest
Warren Kaine

"Not much point in heading for the Museum we'd best go direct to the hospital. Harrison and Charles need a doc quick and I'm in no shape to go visiting the museum at the moment."
I wince as Jordie pushes the gear stick into first, "Steady, this old girl need to be coaxed"
Everyone in this car,Hospital I think.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,you did not respond to my questions So I guess I am following Jordie in the lead car
Jordie,we don't have our stories straight so I will be taking your lead at the hospital on trying to explain all of these injuries
Richard continues to talk to Joe as he follows the car Jordie is driving (ok at this point I guess I am driving) "Ok here is the deal Joe we can try to help keep you out of trouble if you want but I currently believe that Phil is the mastermind behind everything here, he took the reverends body and replaced it in the Fire which is where he left Toms body. I believe that Joe helped the Reverend escape from the prison and has been helping ever since. Now you can choose to help us try to make things right and let us know everything that you know about Phil or you can choose to be an acomplise of Phils when the straight scope comes out, and trust me we will make sure it does, the choice is yours but I would be very carefull about who you talk to about all of this. So relax and try to think of anything else you may know about Phil and or his interaction on this case and or with the Chapel site. You have nothing to fear from me going forward but you need to decide which side you want to be on in this."
Ben,Presuade chance = 75% roll = 72% so a success

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm
by DrVendetta
Ben,I will switch to hospital thread as soon as we clear this conversation

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Dr V,Sorry I kind of glossed over that question. You don't really know anyone for medical stuff anything you've run into before you've been able to handle yourself or went to a hospital/doctor. You had no idea on if Joe was telling the truth or not. As far as who is in what car is up to you guys. I'm not going to dictate that. I think that covers everything.
You pile into the 3 cars and head out of the alley just before a police car and fire truck turn into the road.
Richard and anyone in his car,[b]Joe [/b]looks at you his eys wide,[color=#0000FF] "[b]PHIL[/b]?? I don't buy it. What about his sister and all that mess? I can't believe he is part of this. Even if he is, I'm not. Never even heard of this Chapel till tonight."[/color]

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard responds to Joe "Slow down take a deep breathe and relax Joe, I mean think about it, how do you think Phil new of a secret back entrance to the Chapel lot? Was there anything in the car you guys were in when you came to the lot? Did you actually know Phil's sister? How long ago was she kidnaped? Had he ever mentioned that to you before or do you think he was just saying that to cover his tracks with us when he got there. I mean how did he find out about us to start with? If he was so interested in all this why did he never publish any of the stories he has been working on for all this time? What else would he want the Reverends body for why didnt he just leave it in the fire with Tom's body and why did he throw a dummy in the fire to make us 'think' the Reverend had been burned to death?"

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Joe just blinks at you with a blank stare, "Wow, do you really think he was involved." And he drops his head and looks down at his hands.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:32 pm
by DrVendetta
"At this point yes I do believe he is involved Joe, I mean you saw some of what was going on back there, I mean what reason would he have for taking the reverend out of there and placing a dummy next to Tom and then lighting them on fire? How does a Reverend escape from a prison that hardened criminals can't get out of, unless he had help from someone on the outside, so take a minute and ask yourself what do you REALLY know about Phil and what he has been up to with this case. Try to think of anything that he may have said in passing or you may have over heard him speaking about by accident that seemed off or different at the time, it may help us to figure out what is going on and where he may have taken the Reverend to." Richard says to Joe

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Joe looks up and shakes his head, "I'm sorry sir, I don't think I've ever heard him say one word about this." He looks back down and then pops his head up, "he was looking through some files on Jenn's desk earlier. There was a weird phone call, then Jenn went and did some research. Then when she walked out, he went and looked through it, I din't take any mind to it. Then he made a call, I think he was finding out where that weird call came from. Thats when he told me to come on and we hopped in the car and went to the museum."

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard reply's "This Jen she works at the paper right? You don't have any idea of what she was working on for him?"

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:08 am
by BenTheRat
"I don't think she was working for him. He waited till she left the room to look through the files, and made sure he was done before she returned. I have no idea what she had, I didn't look." Joe replied.

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:31 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues "Do you have a key to get into the office? Do you have any idea where Phil might go other then the paper offices?"

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 am
by BenTheRat
"Yea I have a key to get into the paper. And other than home, no, but I don't even know where he lives. Please just let me go. My wife will be worried sick." Joe replies.
You are at the hospital now.

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 am
by DrVendetta
As they pull up to the hospital behind Jordie Richard looks at Sonny and then back to Joe and says "Ok get going but I would stay clear of Phil, god only knows what he might end up doing to you if he thinks you are on to him"
OCC,at this point we are following the others into the hospital

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 pm
by BenTheRat
Joe doesn't hesitate, hails down a cab and races off.