IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Post by BenTheRat »

As Jordie goes over with the others, the 3 of you can now start pulling people up one at a time.
OOC,was there anything anyone else wanted to do before we move forward?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"May I see your knife there big guy?" As Jordie leans in closer towards Phil, wondering if the knife was the, Pognus of the one who cannot be named.
OOC:   EDITED: Well, this is awkward :/  
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Jordie,np, It looks like this. [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/823/4hca.jpg[/img]
"Yea sure" and hands it to you. He opens his bag and pulls out a more normal looking knife. "Keep it, I don't want it." he says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Uhm, Warren? He's a journo, isn't he?

Harrison waggles over to the rope and throws away the butt of his cigarette.

"Come on, we'll talk about the media when we get to the hospital. Let's start getting people out of here."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
Again I peer into the hole, "Before you all come up, check there are no other exits from down there"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

There aren't, there's only this broken staircase.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

"Here Harry, let me help you tie Charlie on" Sonny helps Charles over to Harrison and helps hold him up whilst he fastens the rope under his arms and around his chest.

"Okay guys, haul away - but be gentle with him!"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After Jordie is done with the bodies and Phil, she makes her way over there and between Joe, Jordie and Warren they can haul Charlie up.
Something lifts off his shoulders as he is pulled out of that hole.
As that is going on the others search the rest of the chapel, and that is everything, there are no other exits.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard continues to help everyone get up then he is the last one to go up the rope.

Upon reaching the top he looks around and ask "Does anyone need immediate first aid or can it all wait until we get the the hospital?"
All,I did not check the other threads but Ben is camping this weekend so it will probably be Sunday late before he will post again so for now we just have a chance to get caught up on information sharing and other character interaction
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I find and light a cigarette. It starts me coughing which hurts my ribs like hell, but I percevere.
"Cough, cough, Jesus my insides feel like theve been through a giant juicer" turning slowly, and a little unsteadily, I nod at Richard, "Sure with a little help I can last till we find the hospital. I'm sure one of the less injured can drive my jalopy"
I continue coughing then smoking then coughing, "Hey did anybody get that knife Tom was waving and how about that sword?"
With a last drag I crush the butt beneath my heel as if it was some kind of personal enemy, "Speaking of the albino, what happened to him?"
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard responds to Warren "They are both over there where we were, Phil the reporter is over there making sure they don't get back up which I very seriously doubt will ever happen. I put the reverend down with my gun after he threw a bunch of his magic at us, I tagged Tom with my gun as well but he finally took his own life with his knife. Last I saw the sword & knife they were still over there. Just as Tom slit his own throat we started hearing the big ruces and gunshot over here so Sonny and I came charging over here to see what was going on. Anyone know anything about this book or that altar down there I don't rember hearing about these things when we were doing our research?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
"Magic! You mean he was doing card tricks? So Phil is here is he...Why?"
I hug my ribs a bit, then remember the flask, and give myself a jolt.
"I'm not sure what that albino bastard hit me with but my ribcage is still ringing"
I replace the cap and geture in a rough direction to where we were, "We need to find that knife and see if it was the one from the house, the Peanut or whatever it's called. It also might be a good idea to have a look and see what our friend Tom was up to before we disturbed him, because he sure wasn't dressed for no church meeting."
- Anais Nin
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Magic?" Michael asks. "Well then, I guess it's safe to say we're all believers in this hocus pocus now. Nice work in taking them down. If the reverend was 'throwing magic around', maybe he was behind whatever is going on in that house. Our problem could already be solved." Somehow Michael doubted it. Especially since the alter had managed to bewitch them after the reverend and Tom were already dead. There seemed to be more to this than a sinister holy man.

He rubs his back. "We really should figure out a cover story if we're all heading to the hospital. Not all our wounds can be explained by a nasty fall."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison lights up another fag and nods in agreement with Michael.

"Not only that, there's two dead men here as well. Unless you suggest they go sleep with the fishes, the cops will find those pretty damn soon too."

He takes a few drags and shakes his head.

"I don't know what the hell is going on here, but we found the skeleton of a kid chained to an altar, a booked chained to another altar and then we all of a sudden decided to go chanting some weird incantation around another altar, while spilling our blood in it. I thought this was going to be an easy job..."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard speaks up "I say we hide the bodies down near the altars that way if the cops find them they think maybe one was a suicide or something, I think the kid on the altar may be Phil's little sister who he says was kidnapped by the Reverend and why he was trying to keep this story alive so be respectful how you speak about the skeleton around Phil, I am assuming he followed us when with left him at the paper, he and Joe came running out of the woods right after I shot Tom and the Reverend. I say the Reverend was throwing magic around because he mumbled something at me and through something towards me then my lungs instantly filled with water and I was drowning, don't know how else to explain it but I was puking up water for quite a bit over there. I still believe that there is something or someone else pulling the strings here, I mean the whole court case getting washed under in the court system, the papers not reporting a whole lot on the original event, the Reverend escaping from prison, I mean come on there is someone with much more power behind this somewhere I am just not sure where yet.
Ben,[b]Joe[/b] isn't walking out of here with that roll of film he took the pictures with, I don't need the hassle of the picture he took of me being used as blackmail of me or worse yet ending up in the paper or police department's hands, I believe he is still here with us and Phil is away from us so since we have the numbers now and this is true I will walk over to Joe and ask him [color=#0000FF]"[b]Joe[/b] let me see your camera for a second I want to try something"[/color] and lay the book down on the ground like I am going to take a picture of it or do something special with the camera to test the book for something, when he hands me the camera I will turn back to the book and take the film out of the camera exposing it and ruining it then hand him camera back and say [color=#0000FF]"Thanks I am glad we got to do this the easy way."[/color] otherwise I will pull my gun on him and demand the camera, remove the film and give him the camera back. You get my point here feel free to post what happens with this in your next post with what I and Joe do and say to each other
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
I nod in agrrement, "Chucking the bodies down the cellar, or whatever it is, it wont confuse the cops for long but it might stop them finding them so quick"
I look towards the woods, was that where Tom and his playmate had first come from? If so then what the hell was Phil and Joe doing there?
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
"Hey Harrison, you got a spare smoke?"
Harrison,As you step away from the others I will speak quietly so that Joe can't hear. [color=#0040FF]"I don't trust Phil, why was he and Joe there, in the woods with the Albino and the Reverend? Before the trouble I heard whispering coming from over there."[/color] [color=#0040FF]"Also it seemed like Phil was kind of eager to make sure that the Albino and the reverend were unable to answer questions, also whats all this sister stuff I've never heard him mention it before?"[/color]
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Listen, you don't have to convince me about the magic-thing, I just saw a giant monstrous bat thing appear out of thing air, well, air filled with our blood. If it'd been Jesus, I'd have turned Christian. I'm pretty convinced.
I suggest we get a closer look at whatever they were doing here. We can still decide what to do with the bodies on the way back.
"

He turns to Warren and rummages through his pockets, handing him a cigarette.

"Sure thing, buddy."
Warren,[b]Harrison [/b]limps a bit closer and lowers his voice. "[color=#0000BF]I've no idea who those guys are or where they suddenly came from, but it's all a bit too coincidental if you ask me. You should tell [b]Mike [/b]to keep an eye on them, he's got a gun.[/color]"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
"Thanks pal, will do" I say lighting the cigarette.
I look round for Michael, finaly spotting him, "Hey Michael. Speak to you a minute?"
Michael,I keep my voice low, [color=#0040FF]"Keep an eye on Phil and Joe, their sudden appearance is a might suspicious. Oh and keep hold of your gun"[/color]
I toss the cigarette in a shower of sparks, "Well guys we'd better get sorted before someone calls the cops"
- Anais Nin
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Michael nods. "Sure thing." He follows Warren a safe distance away from the others.
Warren,"[color=#0000FF]Will do. Frankly after what I've seen today, I'm not sure I trust anyone outside our little group. This whole thing reeks of a cover up[/color]."

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”