IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Re: IC: Ch 5. A chance meeting at the Chapel

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,It was probably a rock, so lets say 1-2 points of damage, roll away. That actually might help.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,You need to make an Idea roll (btw you want to fail it)
Richard,you realize once you are about half way there you don't have a flashlight anymore. You are trying to follow Sonny's but he is pointing it to where he is stepping not you. Make a luck check. If you fail make a dex*4 check.
The Creature slams down on Michael. His First claw attack slashes but he mistimed the attack still disoriented by the summoning.
Michael,you get another shot before his 2nd attack. Don't miss.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,luck chance = 50% roll = 10% so a success [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257825/[/url]
Richard is trying to stay up and behind Sonny but Richard no longer has a flashlight so he is lagging behind a little.

Richard yells out to Sonny "Slow down Sonny I don't have a flashlight anymore, when we get there you put a light on what you want me to shoot and I will unload"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Narrowly avoiding the demon's first attack, Michael fires another round at it, maniacally cackling as he does so.
Handgun,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257864/]Handgun(Point Blank) 100% (1d100=88)[/url]
Damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257870/]Damage (1d10=8)[/url]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The beast slumps down on top of you. Then you feel a rock hit. You look down and its 2nd claw has already started to tear your shirt. Its twitching but somehow you know its dead. Whatever the hell it is, you crawl out from under it.
Michael,FYI, you never have 100%. 95% is Max. and I accidentally rolled both its attacks at the same time.: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4257792/]Claw attacks 35% (1d100=66, 1d100=22)[/url] If you did miss, you were dead. You're lucky it missed that first one. Its damage was 3d6. Ouch. Good job.
Sonny and Richard hear a 3rd gunshot.
Michael and Harrison look up to see Sonny with a flashlight and Richard pointing a gun down in the pit.
Charles is curled up against one wall speaking incoherently.
The creature lay on the ground. Now that you see it clearly it is huge at least 7 foot tall with muscles on its arms bigger than any creature you have ever seen. Something yellow is oozing out of it onto the floor. Michael realizes he is half covered in this yellow ooze.
As Sonny and Richard look down in the pit you can see what appears to have been a chapel. There are 2 alter type tables side by side only a couple feet between them. One appears to be black marble with intricate designs on it. The other is made of very rough stone and has the skeleton of a small person chained spread eagle on the table. The center of its chest is crushed inwards.
The black marble table is very clean compared to how dirty everything else in the room is.
There is a desk half covered in debris and you see a very large book laying on the ground.
The black marbles design draws your eyes back to it.
Sonny and Richard,make a POW resistance check. Roll really low.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Pushing the thing off him, Michael shakingly comes to his feet. He looks down at the monster's corpse and spits.

"Ha. Ha Ha. Burn in hell, demonspawn!" He continues to laugh, overconfidence and adrenaline delaying the full impact of the horror, at least for now. He was alive!

Looking up at Sonny and Richard, he gives a mock salute,a manic gleam in his eyes.

"A little late gentlemen, but nice to see you both. Throw down a rope, would ya?"

Registering he is pretty well covered with the beast's foul ooze, Michael strips off his shirt and tries to wipe as much of it off him as possible.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison crawls up with some difficulty, using the shovel to pull himself off the ground. He uses it as support as he limps over to Charles, still not sure about what happened, but quite confident that the man needs some support.

He softly starts speaking to Charles, making soothing noises more than coherent sentences, trying to calm the man down.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny's gaze is pulled towards to the design in the black marble top. He tries to pull his eyes away but is unable, somehow mesmerised by the pattern.
POW,71 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258223/ oh bugger!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine
With Joe half carrying, half supporting me, we move in the direction taken by Sonny and Richard. Its slow progress and the sudden silence after the last gunshot is a bit unerving. And goodness knows what happened to Phil and Jordie
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Phil is still sitting on the ground next to the 2 dead bodies.
Jordie looked like she searched the bodies.
As Michael calls up for them to throw down a rope, Sonny jumps down into the pit and on top of the black alter. And begins to chant. It sounds vaguely familiar.
The creature in the corner begins to melt.
OOC,waiting on Richard to make a resistance check and Charles to make an idea check. Jordie what are you doing?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Idea Roll,Roll=7 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258492/ Talk about SPECTACULARLY bad rolling...
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard is taking in the whole view of the carnage in the pit when he see's Sonny jump down into the pit and up onto the altar Richard follows him and attempts to tackle him down off of the altar yelling out "Someone give me some light and some help over here"
Ben resist roll,I rolled a 2 so I assumed I passed [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258539/[/url]
Ben Sonny tackle,not sure what to roll my grapple is a 25% not sure if I get bonuses but my roll was a 61% [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258546/[/url]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard rips his eyes away from the alter and leaps down on top of Sonny.
ooc,he isn't fighting you so no roll was needed.
You tackle him down and shake him a bit. He stops the chanting and looks at you like, what the hell happened.
Charlie starts screaming about a demon.
Charlie,You tried to convince yourself it was just some guy with bad surgery, but you see it for what it really is/was. A creature from another world. Another dimension. That your chanting and your blood brought it here. You will be helpless until you get some good drugs at a hospital and a bad night sleep. After that you can act normally but you have picked up a phobia of flying creatures. So anytime I say you see a shadow of something flying above you, you should assume it is one of these creatures coming to get revenge for summoning one of them to just kill it. You might have the same reaction to a loud screeching noise. Just role-play appropriately.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Occigon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Occigon »

Thrashing around, sobbing, and yelling incoherently at the same time, Charles tries - and fails - to process the horror that he' saw. For a few seconds, he locks eyes with Harrison, who sees the abject desperation in the man's face. Then he closes his eyes again, in vain trying to unsee what he saw.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard gets off of Sonny and offers a hand to pull him up to his feet "Sorry about that but something over took you and you jumped up on the alter and started chanting which just looked like a really bad idea to me"

Taking in everything going on around him Richard looks for something to cover the child skeleton with to save Phil some pain, believeing at this point it is Phil's sister, in case him comes over and looks down into the pit.

"Jesus what did we get ourselves into here"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I don't know, man, but we have to get Charlessome help, we have to either get him plastered or sedated, I think."

Harrison has his arm around the man as he looks at the newcomers.

"What was that shooting up there, one of those creatures?"
Last edited by DrPeterson on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Sonny shakes himself out of his confusion and looks at Richard "Don't sweat it brother, I'm not really sure what happened there, kinda got lost in there for a moment"

He looks around, taking in the scene "What the hell happened down here? Man,there's some weird shit been going down." he shakes his slowly in bemusement.

Registering what Harrison said "Has he got his flask on him? Didn't the professor say that drinking from the flask would help us out if things got strange? " he pauses, trying to recollect exactly what the professor said about the flasks.

"Oh yeah, Warren's been cut-up pretty bad too - I think he needs to see a doc to get stitched up"
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Everyone down here needs stitching up one way or the other. And I think that was more a poetic way of saying that booze helps repress whatever we'd see."

Harrison starts going through Charles's pocket, looking for his flask and giving him something to drink from it.

Here buddy, you won't feel right as rain, but it'll take the sting off of things.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard is also looking for some debris to cover the altar up with as well as something to cover the child with. As Richard is ensuring that both his pistols are put back away he suddenly remembers that he was stabbed during all the excitement Richard checks his stab wound to see that it is ok and says "I could use a bit of first aid on this stab wound if anybody knows the proper way to clean it up when everyone else is put back together."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

There is plenty of debris to cover up the black alter and the skeleton.
Charles,get back 1 sanity point.
Harrison,I think you meant Charles not Richard up above.
Richard and Sonny,sorry forgot, you need a sanity check seeing the skeleton of the child. sanity 0/d2.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”