IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Re: IC: Ch. 10 Back into the Breach...uh I mean House

Post by DrPeterson »

Idea Roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison orders a pack of cigarettes and nods.

Yeah, you're probably right, but you know how it is right? Have you seen anyone else poking around the house lately?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,when you get back you will notice what the others already have. That the windows go around more of the house than the basement took up.
Joe sells you the cigs, "No, been quiet except for your bunch the last couple days. What's your interest in it?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Harrison takes a smoke from the pack and lights it.

"Ah, haunted houses have the tendency of attracting rich men bent on buying them. We're just hired to look into it."

He takes a few drags as he watches the house from afar.

"You wouldn't know a few juicy details, would you?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

"Hmm" mutters Scott, as mystified by the blacked out windows as anyone else, "Someone sure has gone to a lot of trouble. Are we sure that the windows haven't been blocked up from the inside as well?"

He crouches down to inspect the black painted glass closer, "Perhaps we could break one and find out if they have. I know of a little trick involving sticking plaster which would cancel any overly loud sounds of glass being broken".

He stands up and rumages around inside his bag eventualy producing a roll of plaster, "Just something I heard during my stint on the docks"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,[color=#0000FF]"No sir, stay away from that place, other than what you just said. Your friend over there was pumping me for info a couple days back. I told him everything which aint much." [/color]he replies.
Scott,which window are you looking at. Either way make a spot hidden.
ooc,whenever you are doing something to a window, let me know if it is one closer to the front of the house, or rear of the house. There are 8 windows total. 4 on each side, spread evenly down the side of the house.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard checks one of the windows near the front of the house to see if the black paint is on the inside or the out side of the windows.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Spot Hidden,45% 1d100 → [46] = (46) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381541/ failed by 1% Scott was at the front the opposite end to Richard.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Scott,since Richard was at the front, yours made no sense unless you are at a window on the opposite side of the house. Either way, just looking at the painted window, you don't notice anything other than the black paint.
Richard,make a spot hidden check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,looking at the painted window, you don't notice anything other than the black paint.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard checks to see if the windows are locked, he checks the 4 in front first then the 4 in back. He also checks to see if he can scratch any paint off from the outside of the windows.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Ben,"[color=#0000BF]Oh? Which one would that be? The angry one?[/color]", [b]Harrison [/b]smiles as he indicates [b]Richard[/b].
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,[b]Joe [/b]smiles,[color=#0000FF] "I don't know about angry, he was nice enough[/color]."
Richard,The windows don't open, they are built into the frame. As you scrape the paint off the outer windows closer to the back of the house and shine your light in, it looks like the basement you were in before. As you scrape off a bit of the paint closer to the front, it looks like dirt behind the windows.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Well", says Scott watching as Richard meticulously scratches the paint from the basement windows, "Shall we?" he balances the thick roll of sticking plaster on the palm of his hand.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Ben,[b]Harrison [/b]smiles. "[color=#0000BF]I'm sure he has his moments. Say, you wouldn't happen to have known the previous owner, would you? a Mr. [b]Corbitt[/b]?[/color]"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Harrison,[color=#0000FF]"No way, I've only been here a few years. Corbitt died a few decades back." [/color][b]Joe [/b]responds.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard reply's to Scott "Ok lets give it a try but it looks like there is just dirt behind these front basement windows"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Ben,"[color=#0000BF]All right, I guess I'll better go check on my colleagues. Have a nice day.[/color]"

Harrison walks up to the house, smoking a cigarette and he goes to see what Scott and Richard are up to.

"How's it going?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Scott looks toward the road and smiles at Harrison then nods to Richard, "Might be best if we try the back" He nods towards the newspaper stand, "Too many eyes"

Moving to one of the back windows he crouches and tears several lengths of sticking plaster attaching them in strips to the glass. Once finished he uses the butt of the pistol to give the glass a sharp tap...
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard follows Scott to the window

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”