OOC: General Discussions

The old Corbitt house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Re: OOC: General Discussions

Post by BenTheRat »

what a great 1st part. I just want to say congrats, you guys are tearing it up. You better hope your dice rolling stays hot. ;)
Some of you have a couple things to do, so lets get those wrapped up pretty fast and move onto a 1 pm meeting back at the library. I hope you find the other threads as good as yours. You will be able to read them once we hit the meeting unless someone says they aren't talking about something in particular.
Just wanted to give the pat on the backs. Great job.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Thanks - I'm enjoying it and looking forwards to hearing and reading what everyone else got up to (you just answered my question about reading the other threads - spooky!).

Keep up the good work on your side of things :)
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

I appreciate that, keeps me motivated.

BTW, you don't know how lucky you were. I was trying to decide should I just kill you outright, or send you to the hospital for the rest of the game. Keep those lucky dice in your pocket Sonny. ;) I'm really enjoying this, if you can't tell.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Stay motivated, you're doing a great job. I'm sure I must have done this scenario years ago when I first got CoC, but if I did so far I don't remember any of this. You've got me totaly confused :D
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

I noticed that a couple of you never posted a pic of your character. I'd love if you could do that. It helps me with the visualization.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Sorry if I haven't been posting lately, I'm just starting school this week and have been busy with work as well. I figured since everybody is just gathering together to make plans and discuss clues, I would just let everybody work together for the next step. I'll get back to the swing of things and catch up with you guys ;)
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Yigcredible »

I also apologize for being AWOL. School just started up for me as well, so I have been adjusting to my new schedule. I should be able to post on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with some frequency now.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Just giving you guys an update, I'll definitely try to make a post later this evening (Mountain Daylight Time), as I just woke up and getting ready for work. This week has been crazy, not only school and work has been taking up my time, but I went to a friend's birthday party last night and the night before. I was invited to go again tonight, but I think I'll take it easy tonight, haha :lol:

Everything will start to settle down by next week, so I'll definitely post regularly.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

I'm kinda waiting on Mouchinator/Michael to move things forwards, he's the ex-copper with the contacts at the PD. Once we are talking to his contacts then I can get involved but I doubt the police would help an out of town black boy if I just start asking questions.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

well I like to give people a week before I take over their characters as an NPC. Hopefully he will pop in soon.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

This is when online play gets hard, Game progress is dependant on the rate of posting. Those who are able to post quickly are held back by those who can't, and on the flip side those who can't post quick are in danger of getting left behind and out.
If there's an answer to this, I haven't found it yet. And if anyone has the answer please let me know. :)
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Yea its disheartening when we have players who just stop posting for no apparent reason.

I don't think I'm making the game particularly hard, and I'm trying to keep each thread exciting enough to keep the players coming back. They don't have to do 10 posts a day, but 1 a day or even every other day would allow me to keep them up. I just spend more time with those posting quickly to get more detail and more interaction. And I usually reward with more information.

I've tried to make myself available at almost any hour so we can post quickly. With the exception of about midnight to 5 am CST, when I'm sleeping, I try to reply to any post within an hour or 2. So I feel I've done about all I can without pm'ing them directly and bugging them.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Yep, I appreciate that, I'm trying post at least once a day - though I've been hellish busy this last couple of days.

Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hey - work and life are bit busy and stressed atm. I'll try and get at least one post in a day - or at least review threads I'm involved in.

Things should ease up a bit by the end of the week.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

A little Priestly voice hinted you might be interested in attracting some more active players, Ben.

I'm keen if you'd have me!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Excellent, if you are interested, you would be taking over a character Harrison Hawke. You can find his character in the character creation thread pinned at the top of the forums.

Harrison is in with this group here: viewtopic.php?f=283&t=4578

To catch up you should read all the chapter 1,2 and 3. But the only chapter 4 thread you should read is this one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Currently there are 7 in the group, 2 are not with you, Warren and Richard. The 5 of you just finished dinner, and are in the parking lot of the museum. Time is about 8:45 pm.

Welcome aboard. Feel free to post when you are ready.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Excellent, I'll start reading right away!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Welcome aboard DrP.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Thanks, MrP.

I have to help a friend move house, but I expect to start posting in the late afternoon.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Everyone welcome DrP aboard. He will be taking over the Harrison Character from Yegcredible.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “The Rat's Haunting”