Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 pm
by BenTheRat
Date: March 25, 1921, 2:00 AM

As you pull up in your cars and get out, you are blocked from driving all the way up to the now smoldering building. At least a dozen police cars, 2 fire trucks and an ambulance are blocking the road.
Smoke still lingers in the air along with the smell of fire.
As you start to approach you hear a gun shot, and a scream come from closer to the house, you can't see what made the scream from where you are standing.
ooc,we are going to go into a combat thread real soon. So please just tell me what you want to do the round we are in. We will go in Dex order very soon: Sonny Richard Scott Harrison Jordie Charles For right now, just tell me what you are doing this round.

Re: IC: Ch 12: The Final Showdown

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison moves towards the place where the scream came from with grim determination. He is clutching the pognus in his one hand (OOC: I'm assuming it's been handed over to him), and carrying the paint bucket in the other.
When he gets close enough, he'll pop the lid and commence mixing in the final ingredient.

"Good luck, you guys."

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:26 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard follows Harrison until he stops and starts preparing, he then walks infront of Harrison towards the direction of the house expecting that to be the direction that Corbit will come from. Richard nods his head to Harrison as Harrison wish's them luck and says with a smile "We will give you as much time as possible but dont take to long, and by the way it's been good knowing ya" then turns and puts a lttle distance between Harrison and himself but makes sure he can still see Harrison.

Richard looks through his satchel and gets out some rope, makes a lasso and opens it up to about 10 feet and lays it on the ground about 15 feet in front of Harrison in the direction of the house. he then lays the loose end of the rope out to the side for about 20 feet in the direction towards the house. If Corbit gets past him he hopes to be lucky enough to have Corbit step into the lasso as he goes after Harrison and then Richard will run with all his might to try to snag Corbit in the lasso and bring him to the ground and possibly drag him away from Harrison.

He says to every one else "Look if Corbit appears to still be bullet proof and just goes straight for Harrison and the Pongus we need to try to get him into this lasso so we can try to drag him away from Harrison"

After setting up backup plan C Richard pulls out Plans A & B and makes sure the safety is off on both weapons.

He then turns towards the house and starts to watch for signs of Corbit

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:21 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,you were supposed to give 1 round of actions. You gave about 3. Let me know if you want to continue working on this after the first round. When you move up to where Harrison is, you will see Corbitt. Before you even get your rope out.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:32 am
by Occigon
Charles follows closely on Harrison's heels. He realizes he'll probably be useless against Corbitt, but figures he might be useful if any of the police or firemen try to interfere with Harrison's ritual.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm
by Priest
Scott pulls the .45 from inside his jacket and checks the safety. He just knows that the first cop to come out of that building seeing guns is going to start shooting but Harrison seemed fairly insistant that he needs to have time to do whatever it is he has in mind.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:34 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,Waiting on Sonny and Jordie

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:58 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,sorry I thought we would have a round or two at least before Corbit was on us. If I think it is going to take him two rounds to get to us I will still try to get the rope out but I will do something different with it. If I think he is going to be on Harrison next Round I will be pulling out both guns and Lighting him up. Just let me know what the time/distance is between Harrison and Corbitt once I see Corbitt

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:28 am
by BenTheRat
Dr. V,remember a round in this game is only a few seconds. So best is just play it round by round. Once the others post, I'll post what you see and what the situation is.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:18 am
by DetectiveSocks
With the German Mauser steady in her hand, Jordie clenches the pistol underneath her coat as she approaches slowly by Scott's side, the sweat on her brow sizes in numbers the more she got closer to the fire.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:16 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny joins you, his trumpet in hand.
As the 6 of you make your way up past the first set of road blocks, you can see the smoldering house and the carnage in front of you. At least 20 bodies are strewn about the area, and blood is everywhere. About 50-60 feet away from you, you can see the form of Corbitt hunched over a body ripping part of his neck out with his teeth. He is covered in blood on both his hands and his face. As he stands into a crouch, you can see his belly is slightly bloated now, probably from drinking too much. The horror of the scene is overwhelming, as well as seeing Corbitt again. An urge to run wells up in you, as you did once before.
ooc,At this point you will need 2 sanity checks, one for the mass carnage around you. It will be a Sanity 1/1d6 check. The other is a Sanity to see Corbitt again, of 1/1d8. However, the total points lost between this one and the one you took in the basement cannot exceed 8 points. So Sonny who failed his check and lost 7, can only lose max 1 point this time. If you passed last time, so lost 1, if you pass again you lose another 1. If you fail you will roll a d8, but if you roll an 8, count it as 7. Let me know if that does not make sense. If you lose more than 5 points from the 2 checks, you may not act. If you lose less than 5 you may act normally.
Harrison puts the bucket of paint down, runs the Pognus across his arm and lets his blood flow into the bucket while yelling out the name "Corbitt".
ooc: everyone except Harrison,please roll a spot hidden check for me, if you did not go insane.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:36 pm
by Priest
1st Sanity Roll,on seeing carnage: 54% 1d100 → [52] = (52)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467288/ -1 Sanity
2nd Sanity Roll,for seeing Corbitt again: 53% 1d100 → [73] = (73)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467293/ Sanity loss: [b]1d8-1?[/b] 1d8-1 → [4,-1] = (3) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467296/ Is this correct? If so the toatal Sanity loss for Scott is 4 points

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:35 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,no this is not correct. You still roll a d8, but the max is 7. So 4 = 4. 7 = 7, but 8 would = 7. So your total sanity loss is 5 Scott. At this point you roll an idea roll (75). If you Fail, you don't really understand what is going on and MAY act normally. If you PASS, then you understand what is going on and suffer a short term insanity. [dice]0[/dice] In this case, babbling incoherently. So roll the Idea check and hope you fail so you can act.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm
by Priest
At the sight of the monster that is Corbitt, Scott comes to an immediate halt suddenly nervless fingers dropping the heavy pistol to the ground.

The dead bodies strewn in wild abandon around the place hardly fased him, but as Corbitt, chin wet with blood that dribbled from its mouth turned hateful eyes toward him, something snapped. Scott's mind did a back flip as blackness consumed him...
Idea Roll,75% 1d100 → [15] = (15) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4467482/ Aw shit!

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:23 am
by Occigon
Sanity Checks,Sanity = 44 Sanity Check 1 = 85 FAIL Roll 1d6 = 4 Sanity Check 2 = 19 PASS Sanity = 39 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468013/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468018/
Confronted with the horror of the blood and the destruction, Charles lets out a yell and staggers a few steps back. "We can't...!" he yells, a strained tone to his voice. "It's too... The things... THE BLOOD!"

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:14 am
by BenTheRat
Charles,roll an Idea roll now (80). If you FAIL (81+), you may act normally. If you pass(01-80), then the enormity of it will overwhelm you and you [dice]0[/dice] Flee in Panic
ooc,oh wow, 2 down 4 to go

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 am
by Occigon
Idea Roll,Idea Roll = 44 - PASS http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468055/
Overwhelmed by the violence and destruction, Charles turns tail and runs blindly away, as fast as his legs will carry him, yelling incomprehensibly all the while.

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:03 am
by DetectiveSocks
There was a sense of panic and despair spreading around, and Jordie wondered if this was what the Great War had looked like, as she saw the seasoned veteran Scott in complete shock more so by the creature, than the uniform men that laid mess. Jordie stood her ground and shifted her heels into the dirt, drawing the pistol ready to her shoulder and taking aim. Something inside her clicked, that made her raise her gun at the monster, it wasn't out of deserved justice or sheer bravery. Money didn't cross her mind, but she was ready to meet death not as an adversary, but as an equal.
1st Sanity Roll - Mass Slaughter,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468201/]Success 33%[/url]
2nd Sanity Roll - Corbitt,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468202/]Success 11%[/url]
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4468212/]Critical Success 1%[/url]

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison saw the chaos, the bloody ichor dripping from Corbitt's claws. Though his mind reeled, he managed to steel himself for the coming confrontation.

Sanity Check,[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity Check,[dice]1[/dice]
Sanity Damage,[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:29 am
by DrVendetta
1st Sanity roll,[dice]0[/dice]
2nd Sanity Roll,[dice]1[/dice]
Sanity Rolls,[dice]2[/dice] +1 = 7pts of sanity damage
idea roll,[dice]3[/dice]
Ben,of course I roll a 7 on the idea roll which means I passed and u tell me what I do

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,with the blood and carnage overwhelming you all the horrors of the war flood back in overwhelming fashion. [dice]0[/dice]
Richard screams out and drops to his knees next to the nearest body and starts eating it.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 am
by BenTheRat
Sonny had seen a lot of things in his life, but nothing compared to this.
sanity 1,target = 40[dice]0[/dice]
sanity loss,loss of 1d6 = [dice]1[/dice]
sanity 2,target = 38[dice]2[/dice]
sanity loss,max he can lose is 1
Sonny shakes off the cobwebs, he wasn't about to let this Corbitt do anymore damage.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   At this point Harrison, Jordie and Sonny are the only ones who can act. Richard has really gone over the edge joining Corbitt in a blood feast, Scott is standing there gibbering to himself, and Charles gave up and ran for the hills.
It is your tun to act, Corbitt is about 50-60 feet away. A long range for a pistol shot, but make-able. Let me know what your plan is for this round.  

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 am
by DrPeterson
OOC: That escalated quickly. :)

Harrison thrusts his brush into the paint and starts painting a great circle on the ground, the pognus clutched in his free hand to ward off any evil.

"Keep him distracted!"

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny watches the others freak out and he realizes he must have looked the same down in the basement. He had swore never again, but looking around, he isn't so sure. He looks down at his trumpet, "Well this damn thing won't do much if he just wants to rip us to shreads with his hands."
Sonny scans the ground and spots a shotgun laying not too far away. "Any thoughts doll face?" figuring at this point, he doesn't need to worry about formalities. "I don't see how we can hold him off for long," as he runs over to the shotgun and picks it up. Its still warm and obviously didn't seem to do much for its former owner. But if Harrison can drop the things defenses, it doesn't take much skill to use one of these boom sticks.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues to flail away and howl at the body at his feet now that he has completly lost it with the sight of everything that is going on around him.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:55 am
by DetectiveSocks
It was an all-you-can-eat buffet with Boston's finest men that laid in pieces, as Corbitt feasted upon the slaughter, Jordie looked back at the rest of the group all standing in horror still — ripe for the bleeding. Not wanting to break the silence in the air, Jordie lowered her weapon down and looked around for anything creative. A fire hose or a fire axe? Jordie had a spare rope that might come in handy, but there doesn't seem to be anything promising.
OOC:   Is there any emergency vehicles close by to Corbitt or in the direction away from Harrison? I can try sneaking up to the car and pulling the emergency sirens on. Could be my first time I can finally get to use my Sneak skill  

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,yes there are a lot of emergency vehicles around, and Corbitt seems fixated on Harrison.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison is staring intently at Corbitt, he puts down the brush, having completed the circle and then raises his hands, softly chanting some barely audible words.

"sanguine tibi do Haita!"

He cuts the palm of his right hand and slowly squeezes the blood onto the ground.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 am
by BenTheRat
Harrison,you will need to make a resistance test and it will cost you 4 sanity points

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 am
by BenTheRat
Corbitt begins moving over towards Sonny. He is now within 10' of Sonny. Sonny is standing there with his Shotgun pointing at Corbitt.
ooc,it is now Jordie's turn.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sonny glances over his shoulder towards Harrison You nearly done back there? Mr. Munchkin has his eye on me and I don't feel like being dessert

Sonny takes a few steps backwards, towards Harrison the shotgun levelled at Corbett's chest.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie gets up from crouching beside a police vehicle, and immediately begins running to the left to circle around. Keeping a safe distance away, Jordie draws her weapon and lines up her shots, the police sirens singing in off-key harmony straining Jordie's focus.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard continues to howl uncontrolably as he drenches himself in the blood of the body he has been tearing into.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:23 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   OOC All, We are starting the 2nd round. It should be Sonny, then Harrison, then Jordie. Those who went coo-coo are still that way. Charles, you can stop running as you are a safe distance away, but your mind is still gripped with fear.  

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:20 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Sonny will try and kep himeelf between Corbett and Harrison - he will use the shotgun if necessary  

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison keeps repeating the same phrase, holding the dagger in front of him.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Sonny, Corbitt does not appear to be going towards Harrison, but looks like he is about to attack you.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:48 pm
by Occigon
Charles manages to stop and looks back at the carnage, still panting. Seeing Corbitt looking at Harrison, Charles feels like he should do or say something, but nothing comes. There's just the emptiness of the shock, that seems to have completely paralyzed him.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:50 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I am still waiting on Sonny and Jordie's actions. If you want to wait to see what Corbitt will do, that is fine as well. I just need to know.  

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 am
by DetectiveSocks
Two shots fired, one hitting and the other zipping by.
Pistol 30%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477402/]1st Shot 18%/2nd Shot 38%[/url]
Pistol dmg,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477403/]6 dmg[/url]

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:18 pm
by Papa Gateau
Shotgun[30],71 fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4477611/
Sonny let's fire with shotgun - the shot blasting wide of the mark.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm
by BenTheRat
As Corbitt closes in on Sonny, the shotgun goes off wild even at point blank range. Jordie takes 2 shots at normal range, 1 misses everything, but came too close to Sonny for his taste. One looks like it hits, but seems to have no affect at all.
Harrison continues to chant and cut on himself with the pognus.
Corbitt swings his bloody claws at Sonny.
attacks,2 attacks, target = 50%: [dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
The first claw misses, but the second impales itself into Sonny's chest.
damage,normal is 2d3 + 1d4. Impale means roll double for damage: [dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice]
Corbit hand rips out of his chest holding the heart of Sonny still in its claws. Sonny falls lifeless to the ground. He turns towards Jordie.
RIP Sonny,sorry man, that was rough.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   we are into another round. Jordie and Harrison, each of you need to make another Sanity check for seeing Sonny die so violently 0/1d6, then do actions assuming you don't suffer 5 points sanity loss.  

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison
Sanity,[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity loss,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC: Awee, that was indeed harsh, 5 Sanity to see Sonny get mangled!

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 am
by Occigon
OOC:   Ben, I presume I'm still paralyzed in shock?  

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC:   I think Papa Gateau is able to use a Dodge roll or Parry with his shotgun, so long as he calls for it? Especially when Sonny sees the first attack missing and sees the follow up of the second?  

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   sonny cannot use dodge as he attacked. But he could parry with the shotgun to prevent the untimely demise. Which would also stop Harrison from going nuts. Sonny please make a parry roll. For those who are temp insane there is a chance to come out of it at the end of this round. I will let you know. It's not looking good for the home team though.  

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 pm
by BenTheRat
parry,since Sonny hasn't rolled for Parry, I'll go ahead and roll it so we can move forward. target = 26% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   So Sonny did have his heart ripped out and Harrison failed his rolled as well. I need Harrison to make an Idea roll for me. Jordie you need to make a Sanity roll.  

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"You are the music while the music lasts"

As Jordie watches Sonny's body tumble beside his trumpet, she grips her pistol harder and clenches her teeth.
Sanity Check 46%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4480666/]Success 21%[/url]

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:13 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   I couldn't see my Parry stat - but I rolled 31, so my bleeding heart is truly ripped from chest  

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 am
by DrPeterson
Idea roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Though his nerves are frayed, Harrison remains in control and continues his incantation.

"Laudo Kaiwan astri dominu, accepet hoc sacrificium!"

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc Richard - Charles - Scott,There is a chance you can come out of your temp insanity at this point. If I roll a '1' on a d6 for you. Richard: [dice]0[/dice] Charles: [dice]1[/dice] Scott: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:46 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   So we are going into a new round. It is Jordie and Harrison's turn.  

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:56 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues to Howl at the top of his lungs and throw blood from the body he has been ripping at everywhere

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie shoots at the creature, "Over here!" She shouts, grabbing Corbitt's attention.
Pistol 30%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4485012/]Failure 93%[/url]
Pistol Stats,[i]Mauser C-96 in 9x19mm Parabellum[/i] - [color=#FF8000]5/10[/color] ammo (2 mags) [list][*]Base Chance: 20% (30% with Stock) [*]Damage: 1D8+2 [*]Attacks per Round: 2 [*]Ammo Capacity: 10 (fixed magazine top-fed with strips) [*]Hit Points: 7 [*]Reloading Rate: 1 magazine per round.[/list]

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm
by DrPeterson
For the briefest of moments, Harrison locks eyes with Jordie and nods. You're unsure whether he's wishing luck or saying goodbye, but he then focuses his thoughts on Corbitt again.

Repeating his chant in high-pitched voice.

"Laudo Kaiwan astri dominu, accepet hoc sacrificium!"

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:35 am
by BenTheRat
Corbitt turns his head towards the screaming Jordie. He lopes over to her with an incredible speed.
Jordie,you can take your 2nd shot at point blank range.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC:   Can I try anticipating to do a dodge?  

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:52 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   He cannot attack this round, as he spent the whole round moving towards you. You normally get 2 shots, so you can take your 2nd one now without worry.
Next round if you want to go defensive then don't shoot next round. He will get 2 attacks, if you don't attack you get 1 dodge attempt. You can't normally parry with a pistol, but if you have the stock on it, its more like a rifle so I'll give you a parry. So if he hits twice, you can dodge 1 and parry the 2nd.  

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie shot once more.
Pistol 30%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4487210/]Success 11%[/url]
Pistol dmg,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4487213/]7dmg[/url]
Pistol Stats,[i]Mauser C-96 in 9x19mm Parabellum[/i] - [color=#FF8000]4/10[/color] ammo (2 mags) [list][*]Base Chance: 20% (30% with Stock) [*]Damage: 1D8+2 [*]Attacks per Round: 2 [*]Ammo Capacity: 10 (fixed magazine top-fed with strips) [*]Hit Points: 7 [*]Reloading Rate: 1 magazine per round.[/list]

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   since you were point blank range for the 2nd shot, your shot impaled. But Corbitt gets a chance to dodge since he isn't attacking this round.  
dodge,[dice]0[/dice]
Corbitt doesn't bother to dodge and takes the full shot.
OOC:   please roll for the 2nd half of the damage  

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:23 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Pistol dmg,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4487481/]6 dmg[/url]

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie gets a great shot off, that would kill a normal man. Previous shots seemed to simply hit some shield and fall to the ground. This one appears to have penetrated the shield and a chunk of skin falls off like it was made of clay, and only his muscle structure is showing in that spot.
ooc Richard -Charles and Scott,you are free to act if I roll a 1 for you on a d5. Richard: [dice]0[/dice] Charles: [dice]1[/dice] Scott: [dice]2[/dice]
Charles comes to his senses and realizes his friends need his help. He is a good distance from the action, but if you run back this round you could get back into the fighting next round.
OOC:   This ends this round. We are now into the next round. Charles, Jordie and Harrison please post your intentions and attacks if any.  

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm
by Occigon
Charles makes his way back, half-running, half-walking, in a daze, thinking he should do something but terrified to do it. As he goes back, he looks around for anything that might be used as a weapon; half cursing himself from not having gotten a gun at the Museum earlier, half reflecting that even if he'd had, he'd be more likely to shoot off his own foot than whatever he was aiming at.

Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:51 am
by DrVendetta
Richard, covered in blood now, continues to howl as he tears at what little is left of the body before him.

Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison's eyes widen as he sees the bullet tear through Corbitt.
With renewed vigor he chants the obscure phrase, waving the pognus through the air in a mesmerising pattern.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:19 am
by DetectiveSocks
With Corbitt closing fast, Jordie starts pacing away from him as she creates distance for Harrison. Jordie levels her gun behind her, ready for anything Corbitt throws at her, as she tries to find the nearest cover.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm
by BenTheRat
As Harrison continues to chant, Jordie is drawing Corbitt from him. Charles makes it back to the action, he sees his friend Sonny laying on the ground a huge gapping wound in his chest. Now the creature is on top of Jordie who seems to be trying to run from it. He notices a .38 laying by the hand of a dead cop, nearby. He can get to it next round and probably still get a shot off, if there are any rounds left in the pistol.
As Jordie flees trying to fend off Corbitts attachs, you here him hackling at you.
2 attacks,attack 1: [dice]0[/dice] attack 2: [dice]1[/dice]
Corbitt looks like his aim is true.
Jordie,both would hit. Luckily neither impaled (by 1%) so you may make 1 dodge roll and 1 parry roll. While you are at it, make a listen roll for me to see if you understand his hackling.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:49 am
by Occigon
Charles goes for the gun, silently praying Corbitt does not see him.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:50 am
by BenTheRat
charles,that will be next round. We need to resolve the attack on Jordie this round first. Who knows things might change and you decide you don't want to go for the gun.

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 am
by DetectiveSocks
Dodge 25% | Parry ??%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4493543/]Failure 37%|Parry 64%[/url]

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:45 am
by Occigon
Ben,Ah, ok. Noted.

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:05 pm
by BenTheRat
Jordie screams out as both of Corbitt's claws pierce her back on each side at her kidneys. He pulls her close to him and you can feel his cold body against yours as the blood begins to run down your hips.
Jordie ONLY,[b]Corbitt [/b]whispers in your ear in a gravely tone that grates at you, [color=#0000FF]"You don't even realize I'm not your enemy here, but the friend that is betraying you now and you didn't even realize it."[/color]
The horror of realization crosses your face as Corbitt smiles and lets you slump to the ground.
damage,2 attacks at 2d3 + 1d4 each. [dice]0[/dice] and [dice]1[/dice]
Jordie,wow, you came so close to living there. That was a really low roll, so you are on the ground, bleeding out, you may make 1 action next round before blacking out. You can shoot your pistol or speak or write something in blood, or pray, etc... within limits.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:27 am
by BenTheRat
As Jordie slips to the ground you can see she is still alive, but probably not for long. Corbitt looks around, Harrison and Charles are about the same distance. Corbitt looks at Charles and starts heading your way, he won't get there till the end of this round.
Richard and Scott,1 more time you are free to act on a 1. Richard: [dice]0[/dice] Scott: [dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Sorry boys, Harrison and Charles you are free act. Jordie you may do one limited action.  

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:46 am
by Occigon
Seeing Corbitt beginning to come towards him, Charles gives up hope for the gun and instead simply tries to get away as fast as possible from the monster.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:55 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Is everyone frozen with horror???  

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard covers his eyes with his blood soaked hands trying to screen out everything in front of him and get a handle back on his sanity, unfortunatly he continues to howl out and dosent listen to his quiet sanity trying to gain control of his mind again.

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:00 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison stares on slack-jawed as Jordie slumps to the ground. He only knew her for a few odd days, but somehow seemed rather shaken.

He fixed his eyes on Corbitt, blood and sweat streaming down the pognus as he gripped it tighter, his lips moving with unheard words.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was afflicted by an interesting combination of a stomach and head bug.

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:34 am
by DetectiveSocks
Jordie couldn't move the way she wanted her body to do, only furious thoughts as she spit blood into Corbitt's face.
Jordan "Jordie" Lynch thinking:   "But whether a mere man can know the [i]truth[/i], whether a seer can fathom more than I— there is no test, no certain proof though matching skill for skill [i]a man can outstrip a rival[/i]. No, not till I see these charges proved will I side with his accusers.... Never will I convict my king, never in my heart." ~ Oedipus Rex Sophocles  
With her last breath, Jordie struggles her arm up but the weight of the pistol gives and her legs buckle, the gun tumbling to the ground.

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:01 pm
by BenTheRat
The blood and spittle ran down Corbitt's face as he turned towards Charles. As Charles scampered away Corbitt jerked his head towards Harrison. A raspy voice that was more similar to fingernails on a chalkboard than to a normal voice screeched out across the macabre scene of the street.
"You do not control me Wielder. Only the King can tell me when there has been enough blood to sate his thirst."
random roll,1-3 Scott,4-6 Richard: [dice]0[/dice]
Instead of chasing after Charles, he instead strides up to Richard, his hands and face covered in blood and a wild look in his eyes. "What of this one Wielder, should we have him join us, or sacrifice him to the King?"

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   This starts a new round. Scott and Richard have come out of their temp insanity. Scott and Charles are both near Harrison, within 10-15 yards. Richard is about 25 yards away and Corbitt is standing next to him. Charles you had moved away from the firearms for now, so there is not one within reach. Scott there is a .38 near you, you could probably get it and fire 1 shot this round if it is loaded. Richard, you are on top of a police man, you realize what you have been doing and it sickens you, but the thought of death standing above you overwhelms the need to throw up. There is a shotgun on the ground next to you, you don't know if its loaded or not. And you have your own weapons still.  

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:31 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison felt the bile rise in his throat. His voice was hoarse and strained, his eyes looking more haunted than ever as the blood dripped in thick drops from his cut hand clutching the pognus.

"The Wielder commands you to retreat to your unholy sepulchre, Corbitt, there to await the return of the King!Go back into the shadows or be destroyed!Obey the will of the King!"

Harrison kneels, seizing the paint brush in his free hand, he starts retracing the symbols as he utters more arcane words.

"Et incarnatus est de diis, donum quod dedisti tollere"

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:56 am
by DrVendetta
As Richard finally recovers his sanity he briefly looks at his bloodied hands and arms trying to figure out what had overcome him.
As he sees Corbitt staring at him and yelling at someone about him he immediatly goes into a defensive mode.
Richard cautiously moves away from Corbitt in the oposite direction of where Harrision is, keeping his eye on Corbit ready to dodge any type of swing or attack Corbitt tries to through at him.
Ben,if I can pick up the shotgun while doing this I will and use it to parry any in coming attacks from [b]Corbitt[/b]

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard,Yes you can grab the shotgun, but there is no getting away from him. As you move away, he keeps up with you. While you are "quicker" and get to act first, he is "faster", so you cannot outrun him without a car or something to help you.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:51 am
by Occigon
Charles looks around to see if there is anything burning, anything that might be used as a torch. He figures that it's as likely to be vulnerable to fire as to anything else.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:54 am
by BenTheRat
Charles looks around, there isn't really anything on fire. The house was, but that was put out.
Charles,make an idea roll.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:18 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,can I prepare a parry or defense to get a bonus, as I know that bullets don't do anything but get his attention and I already have that. I contiune to try to lure him away from Charles and prepare to dodge or parry whatever I think Ihelp me the most as I havent seen many survive even one blow from him.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:43 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,So far its really been a lot of bad luck. Getting ready to dodge instead of shooting, gives you the chance to dodge, and the shotgun is giving you the chance to parry. But there is nothing you can really do to "improve" on that. You have done your action this round anyway. I'm just waiting on Scott and Charles to do something so we can move forward.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am
by Priest
Scott shakes his head and blinks his vision clear as if emerging from a deep sleep, one filled with nightmares and horror.
Scott thinking:   What the hell?  
In one quick glance he sees what is happening. He also notices an .38 lying close by, no doubt dropped by a law officer. Without further thought he picks up the pistol and takes aim at the creature that he partialy recognises from the basement earlier.

"Hey asshole...eat this" he pulls the trigger...

Pistol,50% 1d100 → [53] = (53) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500165/ Missed, damn!

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 pm
by Occigon
Idea Roll,Roll=16 - PASS http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500226/

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles,you remember he was in the basement when the house was on fire. With all the wood in the basement, it probably became a huge inferno, but he doesn't look like he has been burned at all. So Fire probably won't do anything to him unless its hotter than what the basement had.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:54 am
by Occigon
Result of the idea roll,Sigh....
Charles begins moving back closer to the fray.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles is still dancing around hiding behind police cars outside of the main fray.
Harrison puts the final touches on his circle.
Scott, picked up the pistol and fired a shot, but it went wild.
Richard, rolled over the shotgun picking it up on the way as Corbitt hunches down and swings twice at Richard.
2 attacks,targets = 50. attack 1: [dice]0[/dice] attack 2: [dice]1[/dice]
1 of his claws goes wild but the other looks like it is going to hit.
Richard,you may try to dodge and parry the 1 attack, you just need to pass 1.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:43 am
by DrVendetta
Dodge Roll,Dodge skill = 75% roll = [dice]0[/dice]
Richard rolls backwards away from Corbitt and Harrison just before Corbitts second swing makes contact with him continuing to try to draw Corbitt further away from Harrison.

Richard yells out "Someone get a car and try to run him down"

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Good Job, this is the end of the round. A new round of actions can begin. Feel free to post what you are doing.  

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 am
by Occigon
Charles looks at the cars near him to any where the key might be in the ignition.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:21 am
by DrVendetta
Richard keeps his eye on Corbitt preparing himself to dodge and parry Corbitts next round of attacks

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:15 am
by BenTheRat
There are a lot of cop cars around, most look like they still have the keys in them.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:07 am
by Occigon
Charles does his best to get stealthily and quickly in a police car, turn on the ignition, and head for Corbitt.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison casts the brush into the bucket and stands tall inside the pentagram. He aims the pognus at Corbitt and chants in a loud voice.

"ET INCARNATUS EST DE DIIS, DONUM QUOD DEDISTI TOLLERE"

The roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:57 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Just waiting on Scott's move.  

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:45 pm
by Priest
"Damn!" shouts Scott as he sees his shot go awry.
Gritting his teeth in cold determination, he moves crabwise away from Harrison hoping to draw Corbet's attention. As he moves he aims the pistol once more, hoping there is another shell in the cylinder.

Pistol,50% 1d100 → [69] = (69) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504043/ missed again.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:45 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles finds a police car and jumps in. The keys are still in the ignition and the engine roars to life.
Scott fires wildly, obviously worried about hitting Richard laying at the feet of Corbitt.
Richard in full defensive mode is rolling about wildly hoping to miss the deadly claws of Corbitt.
And Harrison chants in Latin.
Corbitt looks back to Harrison and takes a step towards him (away from Richard). "Traitor, The King will eat your soul for this betrayal."Corbitt then looks over at Scott and says, "Pareo!"
Scott,he has cast a dominate spell on you. To avoid it, you must pass a resistance test of your power vs his. You need a 15% or lower. Please roll. If you fail, you must follow his commands unless he asks you to kill yourself.
He then continues speaking to Scott, "Shoot the traitor Harrison."

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   After Scott rolls, this ends the round. You may now post actions for next round. Charles, if you wish to try and run down Corbitt you need to make a Drive Auto roll. Harrison, you may try your incant again. Richard he is about 4-5 feet away from you at this point, he could possibly get 1 attack on you, but right now has his back to you. Scott your action will depend on your resistance roll.  

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:26 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison seems put off by Corbitt's sudden shit in attention and he mumbles the spell.

To be or not to be-not to be,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:08 am
by Occigon
OOC,Drive Auto at 20%. This is going to be epic.
Drive Auto roll,Roll = 21 I can't believe it. I can't believe it. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504378/

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:23 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard is holding his action to see what Corbitt does, if Corbitt starts to move towards Harrison he will blast Corbitt with the shotgun to try to get Corbitts attention back on himself, if Corbitt turns and attacks Richard, Richard will attempt to Dodge and parry again.
OOC:   I propbably will not be able to check in or post again until Sunday evening  

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:24 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   In an attempt speed things along.  
Scott tries his best to resist Corbitt trying to control him.
resistance check,target = 15, [dice]0[/dice]
But Corbitt's will is too strong and Scott turns the gun on Harrison and fires.
Scott shoots,target = 50%: [dice]1[/dice]
The first shot barely misses Harrison and with a click, the pistol is out of bullets.
Corbitt watches as the car barely misses him.
Car towards Richard,target = 20%: [dice]2[/dice]
Of course Charles has a hard time steering and the car misses Corbitt but instead is barreling right over Richard.
Richard,you may attempt to Dodge the oncoming car!!
Corbitt again speaks to Scott, "Tackle him, knock him out of that circle."
Scott,you may make a resistance check (20%) this turn, or you must attempt to accomplish his command.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am
by DrPeterson
Harrison braces himself, hoping Scott will be able to resist and cries out the incantation, but he finds his resolve lacking:

Rolling rolling rolling,[dice]0[/dice]

OOC:Aarrgh, bloody dice!!!

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm
by Priest
Ben,15% chance to resist:1d100 → [93] = (93) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507027/ That'll be a failure then! I can guess what's coming next...
"Damn it Richard get clear of..." Scott's eyes take on a glassy look.
OOC:   Whoops! Just noticed that my reply is somewhat unecessary as things have moved on :)  

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:07 pm
by Priest
Resist command,1d100 → [55] = (55) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507042/ Of course!!
Glassy eyed Scott watches his bullet go wild. He pulls the trigger and is rewarded with a click as the hammer lands on a spent chamber. Like a dreamer Scott drops the empty pistol and runs at Harrison like an enraged linebacker.
Ben,not sure what to roll. I have a 25% grapple or a 70% Fist Punch. But I don't think either of these would be right, so I'll leave it up to you. Tell me what to roll in order to comply with Corbet's instruction

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:11 pm
by BenTheRat
Scott,go for the grapple roll. If you are successful with the 1st roll, you have grappled him. If successful on the 1st roll, roll a 2nd one and you have tackled him out of the circle.
OOC:   Please note we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. We still need Richard to resolve the issue of the car hitting him, or him dodging it first. So lets hold off on any other actions till that happens. Dr. V is usually pretty fast to post.  

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 pm
by DrPeterson
OOC: Damn it, Ben, I'm as excited as Jim Kirk on a planet filled with naked, Irish, alien ladies up for a good spanking.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:04 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Dodge Roll,Dodge chance=75% roll = [dice]0[/dice] I don't think that worked so here it goes again [dice]1[/dice] well ok the first time it returned a 0 so I did the second roll, now it is returning an 87 on the first roll so it looks like I miss my dodge roll

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 am
by BenTheRat
Dr V,yea the 0 means that is the first roll, 1 for the 2nd, etc... These show up if you edit the post. To see the result you should just view the post, not edit it.
Charles and Richard,Richard failed to dodge the car. So I'll give Charles a chance to hit the brakes before slamming into you. So Charles make a Dex*5 check.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:17 am
by Occigon
Dex*5 check,DEX = 6 DEX*5 = 30 ROLL = 99 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4507648/ Oh, good grief!

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:05 am
by BenTheRat
Dr V,I am so sorry man, I should have just left things alone.
Charles panics as he sees Richard in the headlights. He slams on the brakes but the car lurches forward increasing speed. He realizes too late he has pushed on the gas and not the brake.
The car slams into Richard slamming into his body and launches him through the air. His limp body hitting the ground with a loud thud.
damage,3d6: [dice]0[/dice]
A loud groan lets everyone know he managed to live through the hit, but barely.
Richard,you must make a shock test. Con*5 (75%) to stay conscious. You lost your shotgun unless you roll 15% or less.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Shock roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Ben,ok other than rolling over in pain what else am I capable of doing?

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:43 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Ok, that officially ended that round. In the new round, Harrison has already tried his spell and failed. Scott tried his resistance and failed, so is trying to tackle Harrison this round. Charles is free to act this round. Richard cannot do anything this round except lay there. But he is alive and awake. A small miracle, that would have killed about every other player in the game.  
OOC:   Scott and Harrison: Scott will attempt a grapple roll, if he succeeds, Harrison may attempt a dodge. If Harrison fails the dodge, then I want Scott to roll a strength vs strength resistance roll to tackle him out of the circle. Str 12 vs 9 means Scott has a 65% chance to knock Harrison out of the circle if he hits with the grapple and Harrison fails to dodge.  

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 pm
by Priest
Here I come!!,1d100 → [67] = (67) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4508238/ Bugger!!!!! Missed

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:14 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   You missed on purpose. Just down to Charles and Corbitt now. Charles what do you do?  

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 am
by DrVendetta
Richard rolls over in complete pain taking in the situation in front of him then quitely says "I said to run Corbitt over not me" to no one in particular.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:10 am
by Occigon
Charles tries to hit Corbbitt again with the car.
Here we go again,ROLL = 9 - SUCCESS!!!! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4508742/

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:58 am
by BenTheRat
As you pass Corbitt and send Richard flying, you throw it in reverse and slam on the gas heading for Corbitt.
He attempts to dodge out of the way.
Dodge,[dice]0[/dice]
Corbitt gets slammed by the car, but it just didn't have as much speed as it did before.
damage,[dice]1[/dice]
While it threw Corbitt a few feet and he fell to the ground, it didn't appear to do any real damage. Perhaps if you were going faster.
OOC:   We are ready to go to a new round. Scott, you are still controlled, you may break it with a resistance roll of 25%. If you fail you will continue to try and tackle Harrison. Harrison you can continue to try the incant while trying to dodge from Scott. Charles, you are only a few feet from Corbitt, running over him may do more damage. Richard, you may act this round, but no running.  

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,what did I take in when looking around last round? Is there another vehicle I can make it into close buy? Are there any fire hoses laying around that I think would have enough water pressure to knock Corbitt to the ground? here is an idea roll if you need it [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:10 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,you were knocked away from where the cars were at. But their are water hoses, whether it would have enough pressure to knock Corbitt down, you aren't sure.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:38 am
by DrVendetta
Richard moves as quickly as his aching body will let him to a nearby fire hose laying unused on the ground.
Ben,depending on how close I am, I may try to hit [b]Scott[/b] with the hose instead of [b]Corbitt[/b] hoping to knock him away from [b]Harrison[/b] instead of spraying [b]Corbitt[/b], my main objective is to allow [b]Harrison[/b] to continue uninterupted in his attempt to banish [b]Corbitt[/b]

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:32 pm
by Priest
Ben,25% chance to break control: 1d100 → [45] = (45) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4509272/ Failed still under masters control. Another attempt to tackle Harrison 25%: 1d100 → [100] = (100) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4509276/ Missed him again, this time critically. Have I grappled myself?

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Still waiting on Harrison and Charles for this round.  

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:12 am
by Occigon
Charles tries running over Corbitt once more.
DRIVE ROLL,ROLL = 14 - success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4510902/

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:40 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   If Dr. P doesn't post by this evening I'm going to do it for him and move things along. So be prepared to move on tonight.  

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison bend like a reed in the wind, evading Scott's clumsy tackle.

He straightens himself up, rips open his shirt and slashes the pognus over his chest above his heart. As the blood runs thickly, he exclaims in a loud, imperious voice.

The Roll (55%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:09 pm
by BenTheRat
Scott dives at Harrison but trips on some blood, sending him sprawling out of the circle. At that same time, Richard turns the hose on Scott trying to keep him away from Harrison. The water making it very difficult for Scott to stand up.
Harrison cuts his chest and screams outloud in Latin and an ice cold wind swirls around Corbitt laying on the ground. He screeches out in a language you have never heard.
Harrison,you know the spell worked.
Charles guns the car again hoping to catch him under the tires. Corbitt tries to roll to the side and towards Harrison.
dodge,[dice]0[/dice]
He nimbly avoids the car and is on his feet sprinting towards Harrison. You can see his mouth moving, but over the screaming and water spraying and car revving, you cannot hear what he is saying.
OOC:   A New ROUND is begining. Everyone please post your plan. Scott you are on the ground, to resist the control you need a 30 or lower. And to get up with the water spraying you need a combo of Str and Dex. So lets say (Str*5 + Dex*5)/2 = 55% to get up. That is all you can do this round, If you resist you may choose to stay down or get up.
Richard, the hose had a lot of power when you first turned it on, but now it seems to be losing force. Charles, Corbitt dodged the car and is running towards Harrison perpendiculor to your car. You would have to spend a round getting the car turned to make another run at him. Harrison, Corbitt is almost on top of you and can attack this round. You can attack him or do something else. You see hatred in his eyes as he continues to move his mouth. You may make a listen check.  

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:57 pm
by Priest
Ben,Resist Control 30% 1d100 → [11] = (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511763/ Whoooooo! Attempt to get up 55% 1d100 → [11] = (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511774/ Yes!!!!
Fighting the flow of water Scott begins to rise to his feet, "Hey Richard turn it off!"

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:12 pm
by DrPeterson
Listen,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:02 am
by BenTheRat
Harrison,you can't make out what he is saying.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:20 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,If [b]Harrison[/b] is not in the way I will change the direction of the hose from [b]Scott[/b] to [b]Corbitt's[/b] face, I understand that the water pressure isnt as great I am just trying to obscure [b]Corbitts[/b] vision to give [b]Harrison[/b] a decent dodge chance or bonus to his dodge if he chooses to do that. If I do not have a shot at [b]Corbitts[/b] face I will drop the hose and start moving towards the frey, picking up the nearest weapon or pulling mine out if they are still on my person.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:26 am
by Occigon
Charles begins turning the car around.
OOC,Do I need to roll to do a three point turn?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:29 am
by BenTheRat
Charles,well you have 20% because basically you have no training at all in using a car. I'll let you triple your chance. So 60% chance to do it right.
Richard,no he is actually facing mostly away from you. And he is really close to Harrison, if you shoot Corbitt there is a good chance to be spraying Harrison as well. You still have your pistols on you. The shotgun you had you see about 20 feet away from you in the wrong direction. You could draw your pistol and get 1 shot this round. But like I said he is really close to Harrison, don't miss.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:33 am
by DrVendetta
Richard drops the hose and pulls out one of his pistols and starts towards Harrison & Corbitt, he tries to take an angle to give himself a better shot at hitting Corbitt next round without hitting Harrison if he misses.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:08 am
by Occigon
Which one is the clutch?,ROLL = 48 - success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4511982/

Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:49 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Looks like we are just waiting on Harrison again to move forward.  

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:36 pm
by DrPeterson
Harrison bolts, trying to draw Corbitt with him and in front of the car.

OOC/ Here's a random roll in case you need one:
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Scott manages to get himself off the ground as the water lets up, Richard draws his pistol but not having a safe shot at this distance hobbles over to the side of Corbitt and Harrison to get a better angle. Charles struggles with the clutch and stick but with a bit of grinding gets the car realigned to make another run at Corbitt next round. Harrison lures Corbitt out into a spot directly in front of Corbitt trying to get away, but Corbitt strikes like a serpent and attacks Harrison.
2 attacks,targets = 50%: [dice]0[/dice] 2nd attack: [dice]1[/dice]
Harrison tries to dodge out of the way and fails. One of the claws strikes home. A scream emits from Harrison's mouth. He tries to block the 2nd attack with the knife in his hand.
parry attempt,target = 25% [dice]2[/dice] FYI I used your 'roll' for the dodge attempt.
Harrison blocks the 2nd claw with the Pognus, but now isn't sure if that wasn't his target all along. He grabs the blade of the Pognus that slices into his hand, down to the bone. But you are more worried about the claw around your throat. Then you can hear the Latin he has been speaking. In these final moments when things seem lost a clarity of mind comes to you.
Damage:,2d3+1d4 = [dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice]
His claw scraps across your neck,doing minimal damage. He seems to have missed anything vital but blood is still flowing from you and down your chest.
Harrison,you must make a Con*5 check (60%) to stay conscious. I am going to go ahead and roll this so we can move forward, I know you are out for today. But others actions might depend on if you are awake or not. Conscious check, target = 60: [dice]5[/dice] You hear him say in Latin, Come forth oh traveler from beyond our dimension to destroy these betrayers of the King.
Everyone sees a small black spot appear near Corbitt. It is about 2 feet tall about 6 inches wide and is floating about 2 feet off the ground. It has a glowing aura of different colors around it.
Harrison appears to be hanging on, only by a thread, blood running down his neck. His hand on the hilt of the Pognus, Corbitts hand around the blade. A dark icor is running down Corbitts arm from where his hand has been cut by the blade.

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:28 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   This starts a new round. Richard, You are directly to the side of Corbitt and Harrison. Not point blank range but close. As long as you don't fumble you should be safe to shoot. Charles you are lined up to run Corbitt down, but Harrison is right behind him. There would be almost no way to hit one without the other. Scott you are off to the side and behind Corbitt. If you want to look for a weapon make a spot hidden check. Or you are free to act any other way you like. Harrison, you are holding the pognus, one of his claws is holding the blade. If he attacks and you don't let go you may not parry and dodge would be at 1/2. If you let go, you may dodge normally. Or you may attack in some way or do something else.  

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:38 pm
by DrPeterson
Ben,Nice action sequence there :) Can I try to rip the pognus free and stab him in the face with it?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:51 am
by BenTheRat
Harrison,you may make a str vs str resistance roll. You have the handle and he has the blade which is harder to hold, so give him a -3 to his str. So if you want to try, but he is a LOT stronger than you, you can feel that already. But its up to you.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:20 am
by DrVendetta
Richard now with a clear shot takes aim at the side of Corbitt's head and fires off a round from his pistol.
Shot at Corbitt,Handgun 75% chance [dice]0[/dice]
Ben,you have got to be kidding me with the dice rolls here....

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 am
by DrPeterson
Ben,Time for some heroism ;)
StrvsStr,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison lets out a defiant roar as he tries to pull the pognus from Corbitt grasping claws.

OOC: Can I still try to attack or run like a crazy monkey?
OOC2: RIchard shot me, didn't he? :p

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:59 am
by Occigon
Charles holds hsi position, waiting for a chance to hit at Corbitt without dealing Harrison the coup de grace.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:08 pm
by BenTheRat
Harrison,it's actually too late to run. You may attack, or you may go defensive. You did pull the pognus free. FYI, you only had a 20% chance, nicely done. You don't know if Richard shot you or not. ;)
Richard,make an attack roll to shoot Harrison, 75% chance. Sorry man. If successful, roll damage.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm
by DrVendetta
Missed shot roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage roll,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Oh how I hate the dice rolling on this website, Sorry Harrison  
Richard squints trying to block out all of the pain searing through his body and the blood rolling down his face, arms, & and hands.

He stands there dumb founded realizing that he shot Harrison and not Corbitt

Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 pm
by DrPeterson
Dagger strike,[dice]0[/dice]

Harrison lets out a voiceless scream as he tries to plunge the pognus into Corbitt's face, but his arm seems to be failing him. Dizzily, he looks down at his chest, the torn shirt and the incredible amount of blood gushing out of it.

"Oh my..."

As he fades out, he imagines hearing the rustling of a cloak.

OOC:,No worries, mate. The dice are conspiring against us.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:26 am
by Priest
Scott, now free of the water, picks himself up. Has a fast look to see what's going on and attempts to run at Corbitt. However the combination of blood and water was not good...
Ben,I assume I have the same chance as I had against Harrison 25% Grapple? 1d100 → [29] = (29) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4514828/ Missed him too!

Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles sits by in the car, revving the engine ready to make a run at Corbitt. Richard aims carefully having a clear shot, and pulls the trigger.
But just as he does so, Harrison pulls the knife free of Corbitt's hand and stabs at him. Corbitt steps back as Harrison lunges forward, stepping right into the path of the deadly bullet. It strikes him directly in the chest. He is already dead before he looks down and sees the blood gushing out.
Scott tries to tackle Corbitt but misses. Corbitt uses one hand to rake across Harrisons dead face as he falls and uses the other to attack Scott with.
Attack on Scott,target = 50%: [dice]0[/dice]
But misses. We now have Scott and Corbitt side by side. Richard again you have a clear shot at Corbitt. Charles if you go to hit Corbitt you will probably hit Scott as well.
Richard,you need to make a sanity check for killing a friend. 0/1d6 Sanity check.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Taking this back, not end of round yet. Richard, if you pass your sanity check, or roll less than 5 points sanity loss you may take a 2nd shot. Scott is still there if you want to help Corbitt out again. Sorry couldn't resist.  

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:24 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Sanity Check,[dice]0[/dice]
Richard Sanity Check,sorry first one was for damage [dice]1[/dice]
Ben,Ok my current sanity is 46 so it looks like I made my roll so I do not take any Sanity damage. Since I made my roll I assume I can fir again, if I am wrong on this please let me know
Richard 2nd Shot,chance is 75% [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:30 am
by DrVendetta
Richard still beside himself that he hit Harrison refocuses his aim and takes a second shot at Corbitt and hits his mark this time.
Damage Roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:16 am
by BenTheRat
As the 2nd shot hits Corbitt, a large section of skin on Corbitt's back shatters and falls off. It reminds you of a pottery jar shattering. Underneath you can see his muscles. Something is definitely different.
OOC:   Now it is a new turn.  
Richard,you did it right, thanks. You can fire 2x again this round, and do both shots before Corbitt can act.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:33 am
by Occigon
Charles stays in the car, revving the engine, waiting for a clear shot (as it were) at Corbitt.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:08 am
by DrVendetta
Richard calming himself now that his aim has finally been true and now noticing that Corbitt seems to be actually taking damage fires off 2 more shots.
1st shot,75% chance [dice]0[/dice] a hit for [dice]1[/dice]pts of damage
2nd shot,75% chance [dice]2[/dice]another hit for [dice]3[/dice]pts of damage
Ben,of course now i roll well. If I did that right it looks like 21pts of damage total from the 2 shots

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:32 pm
by BenTheRat
As Richard starts firing again, Scott ducks down. The first shot hits Corbitt in the chest, shattering his skin there as well. Pieces of flesh colored pottery rain down on Scott. Richard can now see the muscle, lungs and black heart of the creature that had killed so many of his friends. A second shot rang out piercing the heart of the creature that hardly resembled a man anymore.
A loud screech emits from Corbitt's throat as he drops to his knees, gasping he searches for the Pognus laying somewhere at his feet. "Help ME!!" Corbitt screams out, while looking to the stars. But no help comes as he falls to the ground, and with a sigh, he exhales his last breath.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard starts to limp forward, still in great pain the beating his body has taken, towards the body of Corbitt to ensure that he has finally met his end.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am
by Priest
Scott quickly turns his head away from Corbitt, hoping to avoid the mess that Richard's shot hitting home has produced.
As Corbitt crumples to the ground, Scott hears his final words and glances down to his feet where the pognus lies still covered in Harrison's blood.
He bends and scoops it up, looks around at all the carnage that this thing had caused and in a burst of anger plunges the curved blade into the grinning face of the corpse.
"You want it buddy, you have it"

Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:50 pm
by BenTheRat
As Scott shoves the Pognus into Corbitt's face his body twitches then goes limp. You see a black gem in his mouth.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:36 am
by Occigon
Charles dashes out of the car. "Is it dead? Are we sure? Be careful!" he babbles, his voice a mixture of anxiety and relief.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 am
by DrVendetta
Richard limps up to the bodies with his gun still out and replies to Charles "Lets hope so"

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 3 of you draw closer to Corbitt, he is not moving or breathing and now has a dagger stuck through his head, no skin and a bullet hole in his heart, that you can see. And you can see his heart is not beating. He appears very dead.
All 3 of you are now close enough to see the black gem in his mouth.
You hear sirens heading your way.

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:59 am
by DrVendetta
Richard bends down and pulls the Pongus out of Corbitt and says "someone grab that gem we need to head out."

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:09 pm
by Occigon
Charles takes a deep breath. "This is going to end badly," he mutters, and reaches out to get the gem.

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:22 pm
by BenTheRat
Charles reaches out and takes the gem. As he does so it crumbles in his hand. The part of Corbitt you touch also crumbles.
Charles,gain +1 to your Power.

Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 pm
by BenTheRat
You get to your cars and drive back to the museum passing several police, a fire truck, ambulance and a platoon of soldiers including a small tank.
As the 3 of you return to the museum Ms. Patton looks stunned, "only 3 of you? Where are the rest, oh please don't tell me?" And she pulls out a handkerchief.
As you make your way into the lounge and pour yourselves a drink the professor is there. "This was much tougher than I ever imagined it would be." He pulls out a handkerchief and wipes his brow. "Rest now, I fear there will be more work soon enough."