Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Corridor

Post by Kadael »

Lily cackles as she hikes up her skirt and chases after him, into the Lounge Car.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters from the Lounge Car and heads to room #5.
German,[color=#0000BF]The American? Maybe someone thought his clothing was too garish after all. Did you know him?[/color]
His voice is surprisingly cool.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

German,Never seen him before in my life. Although I do admit that I suspected he wasn't an American when I heard of him. The outfit looks like what a comedian would wear while making fun of Eagleland.
Jonathan Parker looks around the corridor.
Spoiler:
is there anyone else?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor is still in the Dining Room.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Strange," Jonathan mumbles in English. "There were two boys carrying a large suitcase coming into Jeanette when I last came through here. They didn't go to the lounge, it seems. I wonder where they could have gone?"

He enters compartment 5.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Wolfgang's shared compartment appears to be unlocked.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

German,Shit! Shit! I distinctly remember locking this door when I left-somebody's already seen the body!
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang steps into the compartment.
German,"[color=#0000BF]I think you had best find those children. Ask the other wagon managers, or listen intently. They should still be making some noise and these walls are all very thin. I'll be here in case someone returns.[/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

[Spoiler-Button]Keeper: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4371863/: listen check fails.[/Spoiler-Button]

"Children? What am I supposed to do with children?" Jonathan mutters before heading towards the Second Class cabins further back of the train.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang steps out of room 5 and into the corridor. He looks around for a moment hoping to find the conductor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is no one in the corridor.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang goes to the conductor's seat and looks around for a passenger list of the Jeannette sleeping car, hoping to find some clue as to the identity of his room mate.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a clipboard sitting on the conductor's seat.

Jeanette Sleeping Car - Second Class - 1 to 9
Dr. Gerhard Schiller in Compartment 1.
Charles Belanger in Compartment 2.
Dominic Pius in Compartment 3.
Colman in Compartment 4.
Wolfgang Ritter and Kieran McLaughtery in Compartment 5.
Nico Dubois and Boyana Buchvarov in Compartment 6.
Durante Pontarelli and Erminia Pontarelli in Compartment 7.
No one in Compartment 8. (OOC: Someone might be listed from a future stop but it's open for players at this stage.
George & Nora Rimwald in Compartment 9.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan runs in from Yenniffer and almost runs into Wolfgang. "Found the children, but I don't think they are responsible for whatever that happened," he said. "Oh hello, what do we hav-"

Jonathan raises an eyebrow. "Wait a second, that was your room?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang looked up at Jonathan, taking the man in with his cold eyes. (and trying to see if he really didn't know)
Psychology 60%,[dice]1d100[/dice]
Balls,Apparently the dice roller hasn't been activated in this corridor and invisible castle is down. I made the roll in Chit Chat. ;)
German,[color=#0000BF]Really? I thought you knew and that that was at least part of the reason why you came to get me. But I believe your problem is solved for now.[/color]"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Wolfgang,Jonathan genuinely seems alarmed. OOC: yeaah...it was a strange coincedence.
German,Wolfgang, I sought you out because, according to Roby's descriptions, you seemed to be the most likely person to help me out. You aren't without altruism for you helped a Nazi, who would surely be hateful to you, and also because you were a communist with a Russian friend. I supposed that you were fleeing to the Soviets or somewhere in the Balkans before whatever the leader plans come to pass.
Jonathan taps his feet.
German,Uhh... I didn't mention this before because i thought it was an inappropriate time but... You seem oddly at ease with uhh... Solving problems discreetly. Do you...uhh...have much experience in the field?
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang looks Jonathan in the eyes and speaks in a soft voice.
German,"[color=#0000BF] I've been in a very nasty war for the past years, Jonathan, a neatly dressed and tied-up body is a welcome change from those torn to shreds by mortars or ones whose innards are slowly seeping out.[/color]"
He puts the passenger list back and lets Jonathan lead the way to cabin 5.
German,"[color=#0000BF]I didn't survive because I'm some sort of great warrior. I survived because I learned to keep cool in any situation.[/color]"
Wolfgang opens the door to the cabin, showing the empty room inside.
German,"[color=#0000BF]And besides, why wouldn't you remain calm when there is no problem to worry about?[/color]"
For the shortest moment he smiles affectionately.
German,"[color=#0000BF]You seem to be a smart man, Jonathan, how do you end up in situations like this?[/color]"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 23:30

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time.
There is a flyer hanging from the handle of each of the compartment doors that show images which seem to blur when you gaze upon them even though they should, by rights, be clear. The sight of them draws your eye and inflames the imagination. There is something exciting happening here. Some possibility which you are inspired to write down. (SAN Loss 1 / 1d6 - keep rolling for each corridor you pass until you have either passed all three or lost 6 Sanity. If you go temporarily insane, you become obsessed with the imagery or consumed by a bizarre bout of creativity for 1d10 x 2 of your own posts.) There may be more information attached were you to open the flyer and read it.

PRESENT: Conductor.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

German,In my line of work, I do not tend to encounter problems of such nature.
Jonathan frowns.
German,I'm sorry-I never had to deal with problems of this nature before. I do not think I'll be watching this puppet show. I am not a superstitious man, but there's something about this train and the flyers that disturbs me greatly. I believe I will remove them all while everyone else is away. Please keep the fact that I can speak German from the other passengers-especially the English nobleman and his associates. They have a gift for tongues and a habit of eavesdropping on conversations that should be kept a secret. They are not normal people. The Englishwoman seems to be fine, if a bit childish and unafraid of a scandal.
Jonathan shrugs.
German,I wish us all the best of luck through Germany. May we only stay for the briefest amount of time in that godforsaken nation.
He moves towards Yennifer
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

German,[color=#0000FF]Do you think they are up to something? You said you had a way to get through Germany, care to share it?[/color]

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”