Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Corridor

Post by Laraqua »

France, 00:00

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor walks over to the end of the sleeping car and unlocks a panel which reveals a small water boiler with a wood fire beneath it which he must open, using a set of thick gloves to open it.

PRESENT: Conductor, Parker.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

Paker puts the flyers into the fire.

"And that takes care of that," he says.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The flyers burn rapidly.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"We'll, that should keep the fire going for..ahh.. 5 seconds," Jonathan mumbled. "Say, conductor, how do you put more water into the boiler?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I don't." Stephane Thayer smiles and taps a few smaller, thinner pipes bracketed to the wall which lead up. "As we move along, a special half pipe is lowered into certain fresh water open topped tanks and the force of the train moves the water up that half pipe and down into our own internal reservoirs. Some of that is moved into this boiler."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Ahh, the wonders of a modern day technology," Jonathan nods. "Well, I'll be off for now."

Jonathan heads into Yennifer.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr Roby and his family passes through the corridor and into the next sleeping car.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 00:15

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor seems quite comfortable on his seat, though he immediately rises to let everyone into their turned down room as they enter. He seems ready for bed but remains polite if anyone has any further questions.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

OOC Note,I totally forgot to post in this thread before moving to the social cars
Jonathan Parker moves down the hall towards the social cars.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nancy, 00:17

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time.

The conductor seems quite comfortable on his seat, the clipboard placed beside his legs, though he immediately rises to let everyone into their turned down room as they enter. He seems rather tired but remains as courteous as always. As the group of individuals enters the sleeping car from the Lounge Car, he rises to his feet and unlocks Compartment 5 to allow Kieran to enter his double room. It looks like the other compartment person isn't currently inside. As he does so, the train begins to slow to a halt as it cruises on in to the next train station.
"All right, this is my stop," says Charles Belanger at the door to Compartment 2 to allow Charles Belanger to enter his single room. "We should discuss later our potential meeting with the mysterious Private Car's occupant."
Everyone,please post whether you wish to make small talk or not. Otherwise I will progress you to the next car.
PRESENT: The conductor, Johannes Sprech, Lily Gavigan, Charles Gavigan, Amadi Al-Rassam, Farooqi Al-Rassam, Cecil Linscott, .

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily stares silently at Mr. Gavigan's back, her lips a thin, tight line.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Yes indeed. We'll pick you up on the way to Breakfast. Sleep well." Cecil bids goodnight to Belanger and continues down the corridor, not wanting to say more with Sprech in the vicinity. He bows his head as he squeezes past Lily. "Good evening Maam."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The remaining passengers in the corridor move into the Yennifer Sleeping Car.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan walks into the corridor, nods to the conductor, and goes through to Yennifer
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters from the Jennifer car, greets the conductor and enters compartment 5.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:00

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor seems quite comfortable on his seat, the clipboard placed beside his legs, though unless you successfully sneak out he will awaken, ready to help you.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,Sneak ROll: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4457599/[/url] Ambrose's Thoughts: Another compartment, another guard. Too much sound-he knew he couldn't sneak past this one. "Sorry for waking you," he said in French. A good cover. As long as he maintained the illusion that he could not speak French, this should stave off some suspicion.
A man in grey with crumpled hair and a scarf around his face emerges from Yenniffer Car, floorboards creaking softly as he walked past.
French,Sorry for waking you up, sir.
The man in the mask mumbles something in French towards the bleary-eyed conductor before walking away towards the social cars.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor seems too tired to make much out of it and simply maintains a polite facade while waiting to go back to sleep after locking his door.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang leaves cabin nr 5, looking dishevelled and carrying a sizeable book.

He looks left and right and decides upon heading towards the social cars.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Lounge Car door is unlocked, at least. It appears the others would still be locked.

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”