Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Corridor

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Corridor

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang marvels at the luxury of the train, painfully reminded about the less than comfortable trek to Paris. He gradually makes his way to cabin 5 and enters it.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Mouchinator »

Charles thanks the attendant in fluent French and steps up onto the train, bags in hand. He pays no real attention to the late-arriving couple, but remembers their faces for later. Inside the gorgeous hallway of the car, he nods at one of the German-speaking men from outside and moves towards Cabin 2. After much shuffling through the narrow corridor and the carrying of a briefcase and suitcase, Charles eventually makes it to his quarters and enters. After ten or fifteen minutes, Charles exits his quarters with a hard cover book beneath his arm and his pipe still in his mouth. He walks through the corridor and makes his way to the Lounge Car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:15

High above them was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. As the train begins to pull out of the station, the conductor went to sit on the fold out chair on the other side of the sleeping car, ready to assist the passengers with any of their needs.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang exited his compartment and closed the door. He smiled kindly at the attendant and went into the lounge wagon.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:30

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. As the train begins to pull out of the station, the conductor went to sit on the fold out chair on the other side of the sleeping car, ready to assist the passengers with any of their needs.

Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller steps out into the corridor and gives a nod to the conductor as he hurriedly moves to the socializing car.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:45

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. As the train begins to pull out of the station, the conductor went to sit on the fold out chair on the other side of the sleeping car, ready to assist the passengers with any of their needs.

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Dominic was feeling shaky on his legs at this point. The narrowed walkway was uninviting to one with fears of tight spaces and he gathered his strength as he used the sidewalls to support him as he wobbled along with the trains' motions. He felt sick and trapped. His face was ashen and he started perspiring uncontrollably, small comfort that he was wearing a dark colored suit and the signs of his fear would not leave much evidence. He slowly made his way toward the Lounge car, at least he thought he had gone the correct way. He was thankful none were moving about the corridor at this time. Such a public compromise would certainly ruin his day and he meant to get through this ordeal as quickly and as unnoticed as possible.
Moved into the Lounge Car,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=4221&start=20}Lounge Car[/url]
Dominic Pius,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9a744e86-6041-4877-9939-8b09618a763f_zps1aa96268.jpg~original[/img] Dominic Pius,Ph.D., Reverend-Professor of Psychology, Boston College on Holiday Description: Male, Age 38, 5'8" Tall, 165 lb., Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, wears modest attire Demeanor: Mild mannered, speaks little among strangers, always polite, good listener
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is empty but for the conductor who sits on his chair by the door.

MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Colman exits his compartment and walks to the neighboring compartment 5, nodding politely to the sitting conductor sitting by the door. Despite the gentle shaking of the train and Colman's slight limp, he got around amiably through the corridor. He then raps gently onto the door with his cane and listens for anyone who might be inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Excuse me, Monsieur, but there is no one currently in that compartment," says the conductor, standing respectfully as he addresses Colman. "Both of the gentlemen are currently elsewhere."

MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Colman gives a slight sigh before thanking the conductor for the information. He then walks to the dining car for nibbles and a drink.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 20:30

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor sits on the fold out chair on the other side of the sleeping car, ready to assist the passengers with any of their needs.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Good evening, monsieur," says Charles Belanger, approaching the sleeping car conducter who stands at their approach and almost jogging to get in front of Cecil and reach him first. He speaks with a rapidity normally only heard on the silver screen. "Did someone pass this way regarding a fellow called Schiller's illness? An employee from the Dining Car headed down this way to do just that."
The conductor seems taken aback. "No, there has been no word of this."
Charles speaks quickly in response. "Which compartment is Schiller's? We wish to look for his medication. Or, failing that, which one is Doctor Bedel's so we can fetch his doctor's bag. Hurry up, man, we haven't got all day. The man is seriously ill."
"Only Schiller's compartment is on this sleeping car and it is next to yours, monsieur," says the conductor, gesturing toward the compartment beside his fold up chair at the end of the sleeping car. Compartment 1. "But I am afraid that I can't allow others to enter inside it. I will have a quick look myself."

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"That's very kind of you, thank you." Cecil follows hot on the attendants heels to compartment 1, hoping he'll be allowed in if the steward is in attendance. "And if we can't find any medication, we'll take the doctor's bag back to him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 21:00

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor sits on the fold out chair on the other side of the sleeping car, ready to assist the passengers with any of their needs.

The cabin steward carefully unlocks the door before entering Compartment 1 (read before continuing). As he shakes his head and returns to the corridor, locking the door behind him, Cecil feels an acute pain behind the eyes and a sudden of flash of images that seems somehow connected to that compartment. A flash of shovels biting into soils, voices calling out in German, the opening of an engraved dark stone lid to reveal the eerie darkness of a well below, and within there is an eerie lighting that glows ever brighter until it fills his entire vision. Then as quick as it hits him, the vision is gone.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil staggers and grabs the side of the corridor. "What the devil!" He holds his other hand over his eyes until the pain is past. He shakes his head. "Very strange---I---hmm." He looks back into the room as the Attendant closes the door and then glances at Beranger. He asks the attendant, "Monsieur, has there been anything odd happening in this compartment?"
ooc,Persuade roll if needed, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258699/]1d100=91[/url]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, of course not," says the conductor. "Are you all right? You don't look quite well?"

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I've had rather a funny turn." Says Cecil. 'I hope whatever it is, isn't catching. Can we pick up the doctor's bag from compartment 4; he asked us to collect if if we couldn't find any medicine."

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”