Compartment 3

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Compartment 3

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
A luggage case,currently stowed away on the rack contains modest Clothing x2 sets (business attire), Clergy Frock, Bible with worn pages, Books on Psychology (one of which he authored), Note Paper, and Pens/Pencils.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: Compartment 3

Post by Shroudeye »

Name: Dominic Pius, Ph.D., Reverend-Professor of Psychology, Boston College on Holiday
Description: Male, Age 38, 5'8" Tall, 165 lb., Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, wears modest attire
Demeanor: Mild mannered, speaks little among strangers, always polite, good listener

Far from the comforts of his small, Spartan apartment on campus back in Boston, Dominic felt a little uncomfortable in the luxury of his cabin. Not used to such refinements, even if they were considered "Second Class", are much more than he had been accustomed. Even the guest rooms at the Vatican Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See in Paris, where the Vatican diplomatic arm resides, were much less spacious and far more humble. His stay there was brief, given his ocean voyage ended on the Shores of France just two days earlier, made little time for him to take in the splendors of such an old and large population center. If anything delayed his journey abroad, he with all certitude would have missed the train, and his heart would have sank. But by the grace of the Lord he made it on time and settled into his new environs without much fuss.

He still had a disliking for trains and confined spaces but he had determined that he would face his fears of such things and therefor destroy the nightmarish past that had so gripped him earlier in life. After his prayers and meditation to steady his inner self, Dominic refreshed his face with a wash basin, and contemplated his next step toward his own cure for wounds inflicted upon him as a boy, and perhaps he would find suitable persons to help in his research. There are troubled and lost souls in every corner of this fallen world and he would do his best to heal them, whether through spirituality or his use of Psychology, he would help when and where he could do so. He had much practice at such things, counseling married couples seeking advice to more intimate encounters where the few that came to him for help would rather be left anonymous, and thus as a man of the cloth and a doctor as well, would never betray such trusts. He did feel a sense of satisfaction when he could uncover and hopefully cure such traumas in ones soul, for he did not feel so alone in his own turmoil.
Luggage,Modest Clothing,Clergy Frock, Bible with worn pages, Books on Psychology (one of which he authored), Note Paper, Pencils
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a loud but muffled conversation in the corridor that rises and falls with sudden rapidity, followed by the sound of a door slamming shut.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Dominic taken aback by the sudden noises outside of his cabin, he was forced to open the smallish door and take a concerned and curious look around the corridor adjacent to him quarters. Slamming of doors and voices that were unclear were unsettling, for it brought to surface the old threats of ghosts and sealed boxes. He prayed under his breath and took a tentative step into the corridor, careful not to allow the door to his compartment to swing shut and possibly lock him out.

Roll to Spot Hidden the slammed Door
1d100=76

Roll to Listen to Muffled Conversation
1d100=30

Dominic Pius,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9a744e86-6041-4877-9939-8b09618a763f_zps1aa96268.jpg~original[/img] Dominic Pius,Ph.D., Reverend-Professor of Psychology, Boston College on Holiday Description: Male, Age 38, 5'8" Tall, 165 lb., Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, wears modest attire Demeanor: Mild mannered, speaks little among strangers, always polite, good listener

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is empty now but for the rather shocked looking conductor who quickly schools his face to politeness as Dominic pokes his head out. The door at the other end of the corridor swings shut.

"I hope you were not too disturbed, monsieur," says the conductor politely.

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Dominic looked up and down the corridor, not seeing or hearing anything of note nor anything which would betray the commotion makers, except the conductor, whom looked just as surprised as he did. "N n n no" he stammered at first then composed himself just enough to ask if there was "anything to concern himself" in English because he was not fluent in French.
Dominic Pius,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9a744e86-6041-4877-9939-8b09618a763f_zps1aa96268.jpg~original[/img] Dominic Pius,Ph.D., Reverend-Professor of Psychology, Boston College on Holiday Description: Male, Age 38, 5'8" Tall, 165 lb., Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, wears modest attire Demeanor: Mild mannered, speaks little among strangers, always polite, good listener

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,All languages will be spoiler tagged by name. Otherwise the conversation is in English.
"Don't worry, it was just a little argument," said the conductor. "Nothing to worry about."

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Dominic took the conductor's word about not being anything to be concerned about and asked if he could have his room locked behind him and asked for directions to the dining car. "Please could you direct me to the dinning car and lock my door?"

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor pulled out his master key and quickly locked the compartment door. "Simply continue on toward the other end of the Sleeping Car and you will enter the Lounge Car, beyond that is the Salon Car and beyond that is the Dining Car."

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

"Thank you so very much my son." the Reverend said with a smile. He made the sign of the cross and blessed the man and his compartment "Hoc ipsum benedicite, Domine, ut qui in tua pace firma maneat in voluntate tua patientiam. Et vivant longa dies multos filios, et tandem intra quorum nos consortium pervenire ad regna caelorum. Amen" He did not wait to see a response from the conductor as he was a bit shaky as it was within the corridor, which made him feel claustrophobic.
English Translation of Prayer,Bless this bedroom, Lord, so that all who live in it may remain firm in Your peace and persevere in Your will. May they live a long life and have children for many days to come, and finally arrive at the kingdom of heaven through Christ our Lord. Amen
Moved about the Corridor,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=4438]Corridor[/url]

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 20:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”