Compartment 5

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Compartment 5

Post by Laraqua »

The Unaussprechlichen Kulten was written in 1839 by Friedrich von Junzt and first published later that year in Dusseldorf. The book contains descriptions of the magical and religious practices employed by certain secret cults along with descriptions of their monsterous deities. Large sections of the book are dedicated to anthropology and maverick theories regarding the history of the earth. This edition was printed complete with a number of frightful but brilliant illustrations by the little known artist Gunther Hasse. It is a large book of over one thousand pages and composed of twenty chapters. The book is split into two sections; one dealing with more well known cults (judging by the brief flick) such as the Thuggs and another dealing with what Von Junzt called The Cults of the Elder World. It takes 10 minutes just to determine that much. Which section will he peruse?

(Credit to http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... hen_Kulten)
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang had seen his share of carnage, but the unique illustrations in the book made even his head turn. Disregarding the more exotic sects for now, he quickly skipped to the piece on cults of the elder world.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It takes about another hour to peruse the various chapters enough to gather the following. The writing is dense and poorly put together yet it is somehow fascinating, somehow incredible, as though the answer to all of his problems was merely on the next page.

Chapter Eleven: Tells of an ancient and extinct Hungarian tribe.

Chapter Twelve: Deals with something called "the creatures from the stars" and some cult who worshipped a Yellow King.

Chapter Thirteen: Tells of the Brotherhood of the Beast who await the second coming of the dark pharaoh Nophru Ka whom they believe shall lead humanity forward.

Chapter Fourteen: Contains information regarding a worldwide order.

Chapters Fifteen to Twenty: These Chapters are miscellanies containing information dealing with the nature and rituals of various smaller cults and societies though one such cult has an image of an upside down ankh, which strikes him as Egyptian, most of the other images don't really seem particularly familiar.

Histories of the Ancient World: Roughly ninety pages long, this section details the true histories of the earth, allegedly, but Wolfgang can barely glance at them before moving onward.

Will he read any of these sections more deeply, continue to skim between them but a little further in, or finally go to sleep?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang is fascinated by the book,but he feels his body protesting as he tries to read on. Reluctantly he puts the book aside, checks his revolver and goes to sleep.

OOC:,Has his bunkmate returned yet?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

[Spoiler-Button]OOC: No.[/Spoiler-Button]

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang decides to sleep lightly, wanting to be aware when Keiran entered, drinking some glasses of water before dozing off, so his bladder would keep him alert.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:00

This Double Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a bunk bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack with a suitcase and steamer trunk above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Wolfgang worn leather suitcase on luggage rack,has changes of clothes, a German-Russian dictionary, a German-Spanish dictionary with a few torn and bloodstained pages, a German-French dictionary, and a sewing kit.
A spot hidden check on the suitcase reveals,a cypher booklet hidden in the lining of the suitcase.
Kieran steamer trunk on luggage rack,contains a few small books on german & french language & culture, a spare suit, 4 extra dress shirts, leather work shoes, flashlight, shaving kit, chesterfield overcoat, spare brass knuckles, extra pad of paper/pencils, 1 box of 100 .38 caliber bullets.
Kieran arrives soon after Wolfgang goes to sleep and he swiftly hauls himself into the upper bunk after changing in the washroom into his pyjamas. This change in circumstance briefly wakes Wolfgang, though whether he chooses to remain awake is up to him.

OOC: Where did he place the Uaussprechlin Kulten?

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:,He'd have just kept it next to his pillow.

Wolfgang offer a sleepy greeting to the newcomer and pretends to go back to sleep, not really going to sleep until Kieran is in his proper bunk.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:46

This Double Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a bunk bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack with a suitcase and steamer trunk above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Wolfgang worn leather suitcase on luggage rack,has changes of clothes, a German-Russian dictionary, a German-Spanish dictionary with a few torn and bloodstained pages, a German-French dictionary, and a sewing kit.
A spot hidden check on the suitcase reveals,a cypher booklet hidden in the lining of the suitcase.
Kieran steamer trunk on luggage rack,contains a few small books on german & french language & culture, a spare suit, 4 extra dress shirts, leather work shoes, flashlight, shaving kit, chesterfield overcoat, spare brass knuckles, extra pad of paper/pencils, 1 box of 100 .38 caliber bullets.
Kieran seems to lie awake, tossing and turning for about half an hour, when the train pulls into Strassburg, at which point he peeks out the window from his position on the bed. When finally the train pulls off again at 3:46, he finally soon falls asleep.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang waits a few more minutes and then goes to sleep as well.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Oos, 04:30

His dreams are fractured, splintered, and radiate a vague feeling of hostility and paranoia. He can see a man in SS Uniform holding his arms outstretched toward him. A young girl clutches at Wolfgang's clothes. A choice. A decision. The child's clothes turn yellow and then slowly fracture into rags as the flesh seems to drain from her bones, leaving her emaciated and hungry and desperate, and her fingers become like hooks and her eyes glaze and then there's the smell of a chemical compound on the air and she's staring at him and gazing at him and her arms become tight with rigor mortis and suddenly he is surrounded by dozens and dozens of American soldiers who stare at him accusingly as the girl clutches at him and he knows, just knows, that stretching out before him are the accusing gazes of millions upon millions of Germans.

And the word on everyone's lips is: "Why?"

He awakens as the train rattles to a halt once more.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"No! No! Leave me alone! I didn't want this! I'm just following orders!", Wolfgang cried out as he tried to free himself from the girls grip. He shook his head at the Americans around him, tears running down his cheeks as he felt the looks of his people.

"I was just following orders...", the lie sounded hollow to his ears and he woke with a start, panting heavily.

He sat up in his bunk, staring out the window and wiping the sweat from his brow. Standing up he look out the window and at Kieran's bunk and then shuffled into the bathroom, quickly turning open on the water and washing his hands.

Wolfgang shook his head at himself in the mirror as he kept washing his hands.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The young girl from his dream seemed familiar.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang washed his face with the cold water from the tap. That girl...he couldn't shake her haunting eyes, he still felt her clutch his arm...so strange, yet so familiar...she couldn't be...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Everything feels so tense, so poised, as though something vitally important were looming on the horizon.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang let out a deep sigh and stepped back into the compartment. He opened the blinds some of he put on his trousers and shoes and looked outside at the benighted station. He considers taking his gun, decides against it, but reconsiders as he puts on his jacket.
Casting a weary look at his room-mate, he surreptitiously slips the pistol into his pocket, takes the occult book and leaves the cabin, murmuring something in the line of "sorry to disturb you" in German.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Carlsrume, 04:57

The sleeping car compartment is quiet and still in the wake of Wolfgang's departure. Time passes normally before the train pulls into Carlsrume station.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters from the social car, pauses in front of his door for a moment and then heads to the next car.

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”