Compartment 9

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment 9

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Cabin Suite has two rooms connected together through the washroom. The first room contains a banquette sofa that can be unfolded into a bed, footstool, and table with a luggage rack and narrow wardrobe in one corner. There is also a separate sleeping cabin with an upper and lower bed and a little more storage space with an additional luggage rack. The beds aren't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful. The room is somewhat larger than the Single Cabins through the absence of your own personal vanity but not by much. Both of these rooms are connected by your own personal washroom that contains a sink beneath a mirror and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is a luxurious towel hanging on the golden bar beneath the sink. There is a cupboard on the other side that contains necessary toiletries. The doors can be locked or unlocked on either side. Both are currently locked (unless you enter, in which case your side is currently unlocked).

This compartment belongs to Mr. George Rimwald and Mrs. Nora Rimwald and both have already placed their bags around the place. There are two suitcases lying side by side on the luggage racks and a stack of shoeboxes on the inlaid table.
The leftmost suitcase,contains three suits, a set of pyjamas, a copy of the Bible, "White America" by E.S. Cox, 1923, "Eugenics, Genetics & the Family: Vol. I. Scientific Papers of the Second International Congress of Eugenics" by C.B. Davenport 1921, "The Kallikak Family: A Study in the Heredity of Feeblemindedness" by H.H. Goddard,1912.
The rightmost suitcase,contains a plain white nightgown, plain white underwear, three dresses, curlers, make up box, small jewellery box containing only what she requires for the trip, stockings and gloves.
Three shoecases stacked up on the inlaid table,each contain a pair of shoes.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Compartment 9

Post by Kadael »

Lily bounds into the suite, eyes darting around before they settle on the strange luggage. She turns to the man who holds her arm, a puzzled frown wrinkling her brow. "Charles, these aren't our suitcases. What's happened?"
Last edited by Kadael on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Wait!" says another conductor, heading up onto the corridor. "This is not the Agatha Sleeping Car. I am afraid that the car you are seeking is three cars down."
Gavigan steps back out. "Why didn't you say so more clearly? What kind of operation is this?"
"I, uh, my apologies," says the conductor automatically.
Gavigan glares at him. "Let's go, Lily, and hope there's no more mistakes." He peers down the corridor at the crowd. "It would be quicker to go out via the door and come back in from the station."
The conductor gives everyone a helpless look before following the two out onto the cold platform.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 23:00

This Cabin Suite has two rooms connected together through the washroom. The first room contains a banquette sofa that can be unfolded into a bed, footstool, and table with a luggage rack and narrow wardrobe in one corner. There is also a separate sleeping cabin with an upper and lower bed and a little more storage space with an additional luggage rack. The beds aren't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful. The room is somewhat larger than the Single Cabins through the absence of your own personal vanity but not by much. Both of these rooms are connected by your own personal washroom that contains a sink beneath a mirror and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is a luxurious towel hanging on the golden bar beneath the sink. There is a cupboard on the other side that contains necessary toiletries. The doors can be locked or unlocked on either side. Both are currently locked (unless you enter, in which case your side is currently unlocked).

This compartment belongs to Mr. George Rimwald and Mrs. Nora Rimwald and both have already placed their bags around the place. There are two suitcases lying side by side on the luggage racks and a stack of shoeboxes on the inlaid table.
The leftmost suitcase,contains three suits, a set of pyjamas, a copy of the Bible, "White America" by E.S. Cox, 1923, "Eugenics, Genetics & the Family: Vol. I. Scientific Papers of the Second International Congress of Eugenics" by C.B. Davenport 1921, "The Kallikak Family: A Study in the Heredity of Feeblemindedness" by H.H. Goddard,1912.
The rightmost suitcase,contains a plain white nightgown, plain white underwear, three dresses, curlers, make up box, small jewellery box containing only what she requires for the trip, stockings and gloves.
Three shoecases stacked up on the inlaid table,each contain a pair of shoes.
George and Nora Rimwald lay down on their beds with Nora on the higher bunk. They quickly fall asleep, the issue of the flyers manipulating their dreams and tinging everything in yellow.

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”