Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Social Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Corridor

Post by Laraqua »

Nora and George Rimwald enter the Lounge Car and make their way down to the Jeanette Sleeping Car with a brief "excuse me" to the other two passersby. Nora is shocked by the flyers but only a little while George is more greatly struck yet manages to keep himself calm and collected as they head into Compartment 9.

Nafy Hijazi, Minoo Hijazi, Waleed Hijazi and Sulamen Hijazi leave the Smoking Car and make their way down the aisle as well. Nafy keeps herself together, as does Minoo and Waleed. Sulamen manages to withstand the flyers as well. Thus it's almost as though the flyers don't have much of an effect beyond Minoo quietly covering her daughter's eyes with her hand.

Harriet Roby and Henry Roby both follow on their way down as well, seeking out their compartment.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

Jonathan Parker catches sight of the flyers and frowns. There is...just...something about them... so oddly fascinating... so...

He shakes the thought from his mind and walks up to the conductor. "Excuse me sir, but who put up these flyers?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor waits until the corridor has cleared, the various individuals taking a brief look at the flyers and then ignoring them, perhaps considering it too bizarre to comment on.
Monsier Stephane Thayer slowly blinks at him. "Have you seen the Yellow Sign? It's all I can see ... every time I close my eyes." He shakes his head slowly from side to side to clear it. "Am I ... well? Yes, sir. Yes, I am. As for the performance, our usual entertainment involves our pianist but occasionally some of the guests will take it upon themselves to put on a little performance. Mr. Roby put up these flyers as he returned with his ... his books ... on his way to the social cars." He pauses, his eyes resuming their glazed appearance. "There was ... a ... guest who ... is awaiting you ... in your ... compartment ... shared compartment ... your guest or that of the ... the man who is ... sharing your ... compartment. Perhaps he is happy to ... to wait ... a little ... longer." With that the conductor passes Parker to stand by Compartment 5 - which is most assuredly not his compartment.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Right," Jonathan said, eyeing the corridor to see if anyone else was present.

Keeper,Jonathan pulls out a small rock with intricate engravings from his pocket. "My Good sir, could you please look very carefully into this stone and tell me what you see?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no one in the corridor.\
Monsier Stephane Thayer stares at the rock. "It's ... a rock."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan clicks his tongue. "Worth a try. In any case, I'm afraid you have the wrong person. This is most assuredly not my cabin. "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Monsier Stephane Thayer smiles blankly at him.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"...Right, let's get you to a doctor," Parker mumbles, grabbing onto the man's shoulder. "You're obviously suffering from some illness."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Monsier Stephane Thayer gives him a confused look but doesn't pull away. "You've brought the stones ... but ... why?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Obviously you have gone la-la in the head and don't know what you are talking about," Parker said, tugging on him. "What stones, man, what stones? I do not see any stones here."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Monsier Stephane Thayer walks slowly after him as if in a dream. "Stones ... rich ... stones...." He follows wherever Parker thinks to lead him.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Parker leads the dazed conductor down the hall towards the Social Cars.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is now empty of people.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Parker walks down the corridor, pauses, seems to consider something, and enters compartment 5.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan Parker emerges from compartment 5 visibly shakened. He locks the door to the compartment and hurries down the corridor away from the social cars.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is still empty. It looks like no one saw him leave the compartment.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 23:15

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time.
There is a flyer hanging from the handle of each of the compartment doors that show images which seem to blur when you gaze upon them even though they should, by rights, be clear. The sight of them draws your eye and inflames the imagination. There is something exciting happening here. Some possibility which you are inspired to write down. (SAN Loss 1 / 1d6 - keep rolling for each corridor you pass until you have either passed all three or lost 6 Sanity. If you go temporarily insane, you become obsessed with the imagery or consumed by a bizarre bout of creativity for 1d10 x 2 of your own posts.) There may be more information attached were you to open the flyer and read it.

There is no sign of any conductor. As Parker almost reaches the end of the corridor, the door opens and two children enter the corridor lugging a large case between them. They step to the side, near the angled wider point by the door to the WC, and set the case down so Parker can pass.

PRESENT: Parker, Henry & Harriet Roby.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Parker enters the corridor and almost runs towards the door of the social cars.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily follows close behind him, skipping merrily. "Why, Mr. Parker, slow down!" she laughs.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Why I don't know what you are talking about!" Parker shouts as he walks even faster than before, slamming open the door to the social cars and rushing through.

Return to “Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car”