Mr. Kieran Mclaugherty

Please only read your own sheet or links you found in-game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Mr. Kieran Mclaugherty

Post by Laraqua »

Here's this bit of info for you. One thing in the 6th ed. core book I couldn't find is if there was a difference in the base stat for the melee weapons. I've stuck with most of the main background you listed but going the good route of helping people out of Axis Europe over trying to get in with the Nazis as a double agent. I looked over the professions & felt that the criminal fit better with the IRA than a military set of skills. Since Northern Ireland was pretty well split on the language of Gaelic & English, I dumped 10% out of Gaelic into English as it seems they were both fairly common in that time period. Once the IRA calmed down, I took the skills I had to good use & went with being a private investigator. For the sister's lover on the run I see it as a minor goal/cover story. Kieran cares about his younger sister (age around early 30s & living in Belfast) more & would like to find this guy but with the other goals they are a bit higher priority. If the guy runs off I'll just have to explain to the sister about it though as a private investigator I feel somewhat of a personal duty to help out.

Family- (all living in Belfast except older sister) father Ian & mother Medbh, older sister Cara age46 living in Lisburn, younger sister Molly age35

Early history-Kieran got out of the primary schools of Belfast & was working in a mechanic shop on the docks of Belfast working on cars/boats or whatever needed fixing while getting things together to go to the Queens University in Belfast but then the war started sending him into helping out the IRA, afterwards he put his skills to being a private investigator mainly helping good Irish people with whatever problems they have (mostly domestic issues). Other item of note is that when Kieran was 11 he was playing off the shore with a friend Colin who drown & Kieran tried to help but couldn’t so he has a slight phobia/dislike of swimming/sailing.

Goals-
Deal with the cross on finding a buyer for it & figuring that it has to be a decent size for it to be able to cover any costs,
Smuggling someone out of Axis Europe
Finding a particular man on the run who just fled from Paris (the man was supposed to marry Kieran's sister & fled Ireland to France to who knows where).

stats:
13 str
16 con
12 pow
12 dex (with -1 from age taken out)
14 app
12 size
13 int
17 edu (with +2 from age put in)

Idea roll-65
Luck-60
Know roll-85
Sanity-59

Damage bonus+1
Hp-14
Mp-12

Skills:
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (Painting) (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%): 45%
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
.Climb (40%): 50%
.Conceal (15%): 25%
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%): 1
Disguise (01%): 21%
.Dodge (DEX×2): 34%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electr. Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%): 45%
.First Aid (30%): 40%
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%): 50%
History (20%): 30%
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
.Library Use (25%): 35%
Listen (25%):
Locksmith 01%): 41%
Martial Arts (01%):
Mech. Repair (20%): 30%
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
*Occult (05%):
Opr. Hvy. Mch. (01%):
Own Language (EDU×5%) (German / Gaelic): 85%
.Other Language (German): 11%
.Other Language: (French): 11%
Latin (01%): 1
Persuade (15%): 40+15 = 55
Pharmacy (01%): 1
Photography (10%): 20%
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
.Psychology (05%): 25%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%): 60%
Spot Hidden (25%): 75%

Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
.Track (10%): 20%

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
.Grapple (25%): 35

Firearms:
Handgun (20%): 80%
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
.Small Club (25%): 35%
SMG (15%):

Possessions: carried is usually pencil & paper, pocket knife, pipe/tobacco/box of matches, identification, bowler hat (wearing average looking suit & bow tie), lockpick kit, and/or a fully loaded .38 caliber revolver. Brass knuckles are GONE.

As for what's on the train in the steamer trunk or handle bag* is a few small books on german & french language & culture, a spare suit, 4 extra dress shirts, leather work shoes, flashlight, shaving kit, chesterfield overcoat, spare brass knuckles, extra pad of paper/pencils, 1 box (100 count) of .38 caliber bullets.

*I wasn't sure how much people would take with them on a trip like this so went with the 2 suit & double that on rest of basic clothing for pants/dress shirts. This is more of a business trip so wanted to not be weighed down too much with the luggage.

PERK: Bilingual. Speaks Gaelic and English as well as each other.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Sheets, Clues, Things”