Lord Cecil Linscott

Please only read your own sheet or links you found in-game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Lord Cecil Linscott

Post by Laraqua »

Earl of Horfield

Previous travel
He has traveled on the Orient Express before, as it is his preferred means of travel to the Orient.

Secrets/previous history
As well as running from the office, he is also running from an imminent engagement to Lady Helga Caroline Beresford, daughter of 6th Earl of Bedminster. Who is, in Cecil's words, a trout. Lady Helga is crafty though and has french connections.

Cecil has connections with various unscrupulous characters in Turkey and Egypt from his time as an intelligence officer. Some of these are worthy characters, some not so much - Cecil was young at the time and made a few mistakes in character judgement. He is more canny nowadays.

Three goals:
Get decked for being a twerp
Get engaged to a woman he actually likes
Walk outside along the roof of the train

+20 in Arabic

Not sure what you mean by a dilletente-based ability and have no reference in my books so please feel free to choose something.

Although Cecil fancies himself something of an anthropologist, he is also very particular about his own habits and privacy nor can he bear the idea of going 2nd class. He'll take the largest 1st class cabin available and keep his fingers crossed that (if necessary) he is sharing the toilet with someone as fastidious as himself.

Visual details:

Apparent nationality: English
Accent: English upper class

(You see a slim man, probably in his early thirties. His clothes are immaculate and expensively cut to a perfect fit; definitely bespoke tailoring. He seems rather foppish in manner and the first thought that springs to mind is 'upper class toff'.)

Code for image, if you need it: just remove the four stars
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Lord Cecil Linscott

Post by Laraqua »

Name: Lord Cecil Stuart Bertram Linscott, Earl of Horfield
Player: Aine
Sex: Male
Occupation: Royal Artillery. Intelligence Corps, now semi-retired
College, Degrees: Winchester, Snadhurst, Oxford.
Birthplace: Bath, England

Characteristics:
STR 9
CON 9
SIZ 9
DEX 14
APP 13
INT 16 (Idea - 80)
POW 12 (Luck - 60)
EDU 20(Know - 99)

Sanity: 60 - 58
Current Sanity: 55
Phobias/Mental Disorders: None

Hit Points: 9
Current Hit Points: 9
Magic Points: 12
Current Magic Points: 12
Damage Bonus: none

Appearance & Personality: Very slim, foppish, eccentric. Impeccably dressed. Very friendly but comes across as a bit of a buffoon. Very particular about his food, drink, clothing. People see him as a dim-witted toff which character he takes care to cultivate; he finds he learns much more about a person's true personality this way, it is interesting for his studies in psychology and it is rather fun winding people up, what.

Background: eldest son of The Most Honourable Marquess of Keynsham. Excellent public school education. Went to Sandhurst in1925, passed out in the Royal Artillery but was already being groomed for the Intelligence corps so was also sent to Oxford University. He studied languages and anthropology and graduated with honours. Stationed in the Near East; did some early reconnaissance style missions mopping up after the war in Egypt and Turkey. During his time in the East, he became interested in how his fellow man thought and acted, especially the comparison in different nationalities. He was fascinated in the different outlook in life between an egyptian street seller and one in London for example. He then resigned from the military in 1932 and lead a life of leisure. during this time he continued his interest and and studied psychology and psychoanalysis. He also found a taste for fine wine. He finds most women to be grasping husband seekers; he avoids those like the plague, especially those foisted on him by his mother who strives to find a suitable match for the heir apparent.

With another war imminent, he has been asked to consider rejoining the Intelligence Corps but, as he is determined not to sit behind a desk, Cecil has jumped on the Orient Express to escape being institutionalised. He plans to make his way back to Eastern Europe where he will pick up his old contacts and do his bit for the war effort out there. He has sent a message to his batman Francis to follow on with the main luggage, trunks etc.

Hobbies in italics

Skills

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%): 31%
Archaeology (01%):
Art (wine) (05%): 35%
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%): 65%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%): 4%
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2): 28%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%): 40%
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%): 40%
Locksmith (01%): 36%
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%): 10%
Navigate (10%): 20%
Occult (05%):
Operate Heavy Machine (01%):
Other Language: French(01%): 41%
(+)Other Language: Arabic (01%): 56%
Own Language: English (EDU×5%): 100%
Persuade (15%): 50%
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%): 30%
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%): 41%
Psychology (05%): 45%
Ride (05%):
(+)Sneak (10%): 50%
(+) Spot Hidden (25%): 40%
Swim (25%): 25%
Throw (25%):
Track (10%): 10%

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%): 70
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%): 70%
Machine Gun (15%): 45%
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He wears a lightweight wool London drape-cut checkered suit, brogues by Church's, rolex watch. Glasses, for effect. Hat, wallet with several currencies, passport. In his pocket is a nice pocket watch and fountain pen. He also carries a strange letter (gained from beneath the rock in the Dining Car).

Luggage (all hand made by Goyard of Paris)
Gentleman's dressing case (pyjamas, slippers and gown, wash kit, small stuff, writing case and camera)
Suit case (evening dress and shoes, spare shirts and socks, lightweight linen suit and shoes.)
Spirits case containing 2 glasses and four bottles of Bordeaux 1929. Hidden in compartment is a revolver and ammunition (need to research suitable brand)

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

August 26 1939

Dear Lord Horfield,

I hope this letter finds you well in these troubling times. Please forgive me if I come straight to the point; as part of the war effort, we'd like you to consider returning to your previous role in the intelligence corps. Your previous experience in the near east will be invaluable and we have a new, formal organisation this time around. HQ is now a permanent base with officers at Oxford, Pembroke college and all headquarters staff will be transferred to there for now.

May I congratulate you on your imminent engagement to Lady Helga, I had the honour of meeting Lady Keynsham at the Egham show last week and she told me the good news. In light of this, we would not expect you to travel as you did in your younger, more adventurous, days and can arrange a staff job for you in England.

I am presently in Paris but will be stationed on the Belgian Border from September with The British Expeditionary Force. I understand you are in France so it would do me a great honour to invite you to dinner before you return to England, I can also fill you in with the details pertaining to Admiral Sir Hugh Sinclair's new base of operations, 'Station X'.

Yours faithfully,

Lieutenant-Colonel Gerald Walter Robert Templer

Paris

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Perks
Cecil gains a +20% to XXX (can't remember what I gave you). He also knows the conductor of the Agatha Sleeping Car so well he can actually get gossip on some of the other passengers as well as get some small assistance from him. There's also a good chance he'll happen to know other staff aboard the train.

Return to “Sheets, Clues, Things”