Compartment I

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment I

Post by Laraqua »

Munich, 10:55

This Cabin Suite has two rooms connected together through the washroom. The first room contains a banquette sofa that can be unfolded into a bed, footstool, and table with a luggage rack and narrow wardrobe in one corner. The room is somewhat larger than the Single Cabins through the absence of your own personal vanity but not by much. There is a washroom in the corner of the compartment that contains a sink beneath a mirror and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is a luxurious towel hanging on the golden bar beneath the sink. There is a cupboard on the other side that contains necessary toiletries. The doors can be locked or unlocked on either side. Both are currently locked (unless you enter, in which case your side is currently unlocked).

The conductor places your three trunks on the rack above the couch.
First Trunk,contain mostly mundane things such as clothes and supplies for personal hygiene such as a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste.
Second Trunk,all except for the few miscellaneous books here and there, some of which the doctor has read but has barely glanced over (These consist of tomes the doctor believes to be fictional or just have some pieces of knowledge that the doctor likes to read to rest his brain after a busy day of thorough study).
Locked Third Trunk,is an assortment of items regarding his medical profession such as medical tools, medicines, books on medical procedures used for reference in case the good doctor might need them. Spot Hidden for more information.
Door To Other Part Of The Cabin,There is also a separate sleeping cabin with an upper and lower bed and a little more storage space with an additional luggage rack. The beds aren't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful. There is a locked suitcase on the luggage rack.
This compartment contains an SS-Rottenführer who is sitting at the writing table an eating a hearty German breakfast. He gives a nod and a brief smile to the conductor and to Charles as he steps inside. He seems like a fairly friendly man for an SS officer. He's also clearly armed with his service pistol in his uniform holster.
German,"Good morning. Do you speak German? I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of taking the sleeping cabin itself. I shan't be staying on to Bulgaria, though, so you can take over it by then."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charles_Bortolo
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Re: Compartment I

Post by Charles_Bortolo »

Charles, at first, does not seem to pay direct heed to the SS Officer as he takes out a 2 dollar tip for the Conductor. He then turns and looks at the SS Officer careful to examine his uniform for his rank. Doctor Charles politely smiles and bows his head to show respect.
Spoiler:
German: "Greetings good Officer. Yes, I do thank you."
Charles takes a brief pause to consider his words looking at his bunk.
Spoiler:
German: "I see. Not a problem good sir. I'm certain that with your duties you will need a great deal of sleep."
Charles briefly pauses yet again to view the Officer's breakfast. He presses his hand against his stomach as if suddenly realizing how empty it was.
Spoiler:
German: "Ahhhh, my apologies. If you'll excuse me.
He turns his attention to the conductor.
Spoiler:
German: "Good Conductor do you have a menu? I would like to order some food myself."
Charles says as his eyes begin to wander the room looking for anything else that might seem unusual about it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The SS officer merely nods.

The conductor smiles at him, graciously accepting the tip. "Might I recommend the Stippgrütze? It consists of barley goats cooked in sausage juices then which enriched with fine pieces of meat, such as heart, kidney or liver, and seasoned with spices and salt which is left to cool to create a sort of crumbling cake. Might I recommend following it with a Frankfurter Kranz which is a cake filled with buttercream frosting and decorated with hazelnut brittle and more frosting? Alternatively, if you are not so hungry, we have a variety of breakfasts such as tea and scones, a hearty sausage and egg breakfast, or a plethora of sandwiches?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charles_Bortolo
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by Charles_Bortolo »

Charles tries to hide a grimace after hearing a few of the options. His hand holding at his stomach to stop it from turning.

"Tea and scones will be fine thank you."

Charles would turn his attention to the SS Officer smiling as he carefully set himself in his couch carefully taking in the sight of his surroundings.

"Well this is certainly a beautiful looking cabin. Money well spent I say."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The SS officer nods at him and offers a hand to shake.

German, "I'm SS-Rottenführer Schmidt. Shame about the cramped confines, though, but I'm sure it will do. Do you mind if I ask your occupation? We're to meet some archaeologists and a collector aboard this train."

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”