Compartment G

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment G

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 20:00

This Double Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a bunk bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

This compartment is booked for Fernand and Vergil.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Compartment G

Post by Laraqua »

Vergil sits in his compartment upon the sofa and reads one of his books after politely introducing himself to Fernand. He seems distracted and not in a particularly conversational mood at present.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

Fernand doesn't seem to mind at present and checks over his luggage before stowing it away. He takes his news paper and heads to the lounge car not particularly feeling hungry.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nancy, 00:17

This Double Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day that has been be unfolded to reveal a bunk bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa containing two suitcases and there is an inlaid, fold-out table holding a doctor's bag crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
The other man's battered leather suitcase,contains regular clothing packed on top of several poetry books, typed copies of the Two Essays on Analytical Psychology, one copy of Psychology and Religion, a grooming kit, and a wrapped and well cared for (yet still well thumbed) copy of Unasussprechlichen Kulten (Unspeakable Cults) and a fragment of a manuscript called The King in Yellow.
Fernand's suitcase,contains clothing, grooming kit, and a locked box.
This compartment is booked for Fernand and Vergil.

Vergil lies sprawled upside down on his bunk, face down and unmoving. Fernand's newspaper lies in tattered shreds by his outstretched hand. The sight of him immediately and guilty reminds him that if this man is badly hurt or worse and Fernand can't deal with it then the train will stop, police will search and they'll never pass over the border into Germany. That means that war will likely break out before he can get the money to those shady individuals so that he can help get his family out of Germany. Hopefully it doesn't come to that choice.

As Fernand enters the compartment, Dubois hops onto the upper bunk - seemingly oblivious to it all. She sits there, staring off into space. The train begins to slow to a halt. Surely there's no station scheduled so soon? It's only sometime past eleven, right? Perhaps the train is stopping for some other reason?

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

Panic slowly wears on his face as he realises the repercussions of the situation. He will check his condition again and see if anything has changed.
Medicine,He will also try to figure out if it would be as bad to inject him with air to make it look like a stroke or natural causes? would they still check the train?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 00:30

Vergil has a patterned mark about his throat, a distinctive pattern scored deep that had led to bruising, indicating that it took awhile for him to die. There are a few coarse fibres still stuck within some of the indents. It looks like a rope pattern. The man's eyes also show the distinctive minor bleeds within the whites that suggest strangulation. He was most certainly murdered and there's no way to hide that if the body is found.

The train begins to move off.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

Fernand buckles the body into the bed and folds the corpse up for now until he can think of a better solution. He will then take the paper that was scrunched in his hand to see if there are any clues.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Regrettably, he can't fold the body back into the bed while there's someone on the top bunk. Still, it's a good plan for later. The paper scrunched in his hand appears to be from some kind of play. The paper looks old and the typewriter used on it was obviously not in very good condition. There seems to be several lines from some kind of play. There's one name still quite legible: Cassilda. There also seems to be a variety of stains across the page, though they're hard to make out. It smells vaguely of ... lemons?

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"They've stopped now," says a softly feminine voice from the top bunk. She continues to stare straight ahead across the compartment. "I feel it too. Don't you? The little girl will be so very lost and alone soon once they check the passports. Won't that be a shame? Unless...." She turns her eyes down to regard him. "The madman speaks. He has all of the passports and the papers. Regrettable."

Fernand realises that the train has stopped and that there's sunlight coming in through the closed blinds. It seems like yet another warm spring morning. He can recognise the voices of Germans on the platform speaking to each other about their day ahead, sounding gay and chipper, as though there weren't a problem in the world. A few of them sound surprised to see the train. Are they early at a place? And wait, wasn't it about time to go to bed when he had picked up the letter?

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

Fernand Checks to see if the mans body is still there in front of him as his wits seem to return to him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Unfurling the bed finds the corpse still in place, though it appears to be on the other side of rigor mortis, the limbs slowly relaxing.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

Fernand will a fix it back in place. "Were is this madman?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nico blinks down at him, as though suddenly getting her wits back to her. "My word! Have I been here all night? I don't recall sleeping." She blinks at the morning light, then looks down at you aghast. "I can't become my own story!" She hops down beside him and peers out the window through a gap in the blinds. "Whereabouts do you think we are?"

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"Some were German it seems." says Fernand. "What precisely do you mean your own story?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hmm?" she asks, then flaps her hand nonchalantly. "Oh, nothing, nothing!" She gives him a sugary smile full of innocence and a flash of intellectual greed. "Stuttgart then, I imagine? It does still seem rather early in the morning. I do hope there's no trouble with any passports or anything. That would be a little too dreadfully exciting, don't you think? The Orient Express is bound to be riddled with spies right now, hmm?"

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

He narrows his eyes scrutinizing her demeanor. "You aren't some kind of gossip columnist are you?"
Psychology,<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4550116/">1d100=65</a>
Last edited by Raziel on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Guilty," she says, hunching her shoulders, but the glimmer in her eye says she's anything but.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"Well then as a Journalist you should know that the truth will out eventually... always." Fernand gathers up his hat. "Well I must go." He grabs his bag of money before leaving the compartment.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She simply watches him leave, shocked for the moment.

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”