Compartment C

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Compartment C

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,What can I assess about the gun's military capabilities? How advanced is it?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The gun seems somewhat more advanced than what she has seen thus far in Russia. It doesn't appear to be overly futuristic, more what one might expect a few years of war might produce. It has a distinctly Russian look to it, engineering-wise, but it seems to be built more for firing heavy-calibre weapons than for firing a lot of bullets - quality over quantity, in other words.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena tries to memorize all the details she can about the AA gun as she consumes the vile meat, making sure to coat it in as much gravy as possible in order to mask it. She wishes she had her camera, though taking a picture of the weapon would no doubt arouse suspicion anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man eats his food and then throws his head back and starts to caterwaul, or is it singing? The syllables slither against each other in a terrible cadence that made primordial memories rumble within her. Memories of motion and violent hunger and fucking.... And then one of the gunners stepped down and shot him in the head and he slumped against the weapon. The song faded, leaving behind prickles of some terrible foreboding.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena continues eating, acting as if nothing unusual has happened, which seems the thing to do in this bizarre place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Elena awakens with a start and the taste of off gravy on her tongue to the sound of a quiet knock on her door. She finds herself sweaty and tangled in her sheets.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Who's there?" calls Elena, untangling herself from her sheets and climbing out of bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Elena can hear Wolfgang's voice through the door. The words are in a hushed whisper but the meaning seems clear -- let me in.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena quickly opens the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She sees Wolfgang standing at the door, moments before she hears the Bang! Bang! Bang! of minor explosives in the distance.

(You may now post in the corridor to speak with Wolfgang).

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

As Wolfgang pushes into the compartment, she can notice a look of deep concern in his eyes.

Russian,[color=#0000BF]There are SS in the station, I think they are about the board the train. I know there officer from before the Civil War, before I had to leave. I don't think I'll be in trouble, but he has no love for Russians.[/color]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena closes the door.
Russian,[color=darkred]"Would he recognize you?"[/color] asks [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"If so, he might cause problems for you as well."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Russian,"[color=#0000BF]I don't think so.[/color]", he puts his hand on his stomach with a rueful smile, "[color=#0000BF]Wars tend to warp the features.[/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russian,[color=darkred]"True,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b], [color=darkred]"but your name remains the same. Thank you for the warning, [b]Wolfgang[/b]. I'll exercise caution around him. Hopefully the recent alliance between Germany and Russia will give him second thoughts about making things hard for me. I could also adopt the story that I'm an exile since the Revolution, though I don't know if that will make him like me any better. Does he hate Russians for being Russian, or for being Communists?"[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Russian,"[color=#0000BF]He hates everyone that isn't a proper German, Lena. I'm not sure how he will respond. I just thought I had to warn you.[/color]" He takes your hand and smiles melancholy. "[color=#0000BF]I don't know why, but I got the urge to prot..to help you.[/color]"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena smiles back and squeezes his hand.
Russian,[color=darkred]"I am grateful, [b]Wolfgang[/b],"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"I feel there is a strong connection between us, and we have much in common."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 06:55

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

This is Elena Orloff's Sleeping Compartment.

There are no further explosions, at least.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russian,[color=darkred]"I had the strangest dream,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"I think it was of the coming war. It was even worse than I had imagined."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 07:10

The train has yet to move off. It seems that all of the later stops are likely to be delayed. Hopefully not for too long. The platform itself seems to be starting to fill up with people here for the next train to head into work. They eye the Simplon Express curiously, their German voices audible through the walls. They seem quite happy and at peace with themselves and their situation. Fifteen minutes later, the train blows its whistle and begins to put-put out of the station.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I've been waiting for [b]Wolfgang[/b] to reply to me, but Dr. Peterson is out for the summer. Do we wait for him to return, or are you going to NPC his character?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”