Compartment C

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment C

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

This is Elena Orloff's Sleeping Compartment.
A valise in the luggage rack contains,changes of clothing.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Compartment C

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena puts her valise away and looks around the room before returning to the corridor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:30

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena enters her compartment and holds the door open for Wolfgang.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters the compartment and closes the door behind him.

Looking around, he adds with a smile.
Russian,"[color=#0000BF]Cozy...[/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena sits down on the sofa and pats the seat next to her, squeezing over to make room.
Russian,[color=darkred]"It's a single cabin,"[/color] she says, [color=darkred]"so it's a tight fit for two, but I don't think either of us have a problem with that. Now, we need to make plans for tomorrow."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang takes of his jacket and puts it on the hanger before sitting down next to Elena.

Russian,[color=#0000BF] I'm not sure if any plans we makes tonight will survive the first light of day. Germany may have a few surprises for us yet.[/color]
He turns in the seat, so he faces her.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]That being said, it might indeed prove prudent to have plans laid out. What do you think?[/color]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena gazes into Wolfgang's eyes.
Russian,[color=darkred]"It's true that our plans may have to change with the situation,"[/color] she says, [color=darkred]"but it's better to have them than not. We can always improvise as needed. We'll cross the border in a few hours. Do you think we'll be searched?"[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

His brow creases as he think about tomorrow.

Russian,[color=#0000BF] I think so, but I don't know how thorough they will be.[/color]
Tenderly, he brushes his hand against her cheeks to tuck a loose lock of hair behind her ear.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]I have a feeling that a lot will be revealed tomorrow. But I think we should looks into the Roby's play and find out if Johnny had any connection to my bunk mate.[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena leans back and smiles.
Russian,[color=darkred]"I agree,"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"I'll skim the journal while I'm in my compartment tonight before bed. If anyone ever finds it or his other books on me, I can explain that [b]Johnny[/b] lent them to me, hoping to impress me. It's not like he's going to contradict me. You could also verify it by saying that you saw him do it."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 01:00

Everything seems quiet in the sleeping car, but for some light refrains of someone's heavy snoring in another compartment. It's almost as though no one had died aboard this train, likely killed by one of the other passengers or, perhaps, by their own hand.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang smiles warmly.
Russian:,"[color=#0000BF]I will back any tale you spin, Lena. But I must get going before evil tongues impede upon your honour.[/color]"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russian,[color=darkred]"Of course,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"Good night, [b]Wolfgang[/b]. I shall take breakfast in the lounge car, so we can meet there."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

He nods and Wolfgang puts on his jacket.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]Be careful.[/color]

He opens the door and steps out into the corridor.

Russian,[color=#0000BF]Goodnight, [b]Elena[/b].[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena rises and goes to the door.
Russian,[color=darkred]"And you as well,"[/color] she says.
Elena blows Wolfgang a kiss and closes and locks the door. Then she takes out the journal, sits down on the sofa, and begins skimming through the entries, using the translation guides as needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Query,how long will you spend reading? We can always leap forward in time if everyone is either sleeping or reading.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,How long would it take me to skim the whole thing? I don't want to spend more than an hour before going to sleep, unless of course what I find in that first hour intrigues me so much that I have to keep going.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

An hour skim reveals the pictures and newspaper articles first and foremost, as well as a few newspaper articles that seem important somehow.

The Queen of Romania's visit to Egypt.

Egyptian decorated gloves with the words underlined beneath: Stolen gift? Price asked for unique option. Shefira's option means?

An upside down ankh. Secret Society, possible connections to German occult interests. Perhaps to discredited Thule? Or to Himmler's fascinations?

A boat scene. There are words scrawled next to it in a clean, neat handwriting that probably doesn't belong to the cowboy: A funerary scene. From what did we all begin and to water we shall all return. Hmm. What do you suppose this could mean?

From a quick skim read, it seems that this journal contains a variety of details, articles and other information from around the globe, though mostly focused on Egypt. Elena manages to read a fair few more articles and see more pictures than just these but these are the ones which will stand out in her mind over the course of the fateful train ride.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

This may turn out to be of some importance, thinks Elena. That's all I have time to go over tonight. I'll have to look through it some more when I have time and privacy, but even then I won't come close to understanding it all. If possible, I'll need to bring this back to Moscow and see what they make of it there. She puts the books away in her handbag, unfolds the sofa, and gets ready for bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:00

Elena manages a glance at D'Avricourt's train station at 1:18AM, in between reading the journal, and manages to remain awake after it moves away. At around 2AM, she sets the book aside and drifts off to sleep. At some point during fragmented and obscure dreams which make little sense, even in her dreaming state, she begins to hear a voice, her voice, calling to her from the cold and the dark outside.

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”