Compartment B

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment B

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

This is Johnny Rheticus' Sleeping Compartment.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Compartment B

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang cautiously enters the cabin and looks around.
Spot Hidden-Argh! So damn close,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The battered wooden case contains a .45 Cal double action colt peace maker (hand gun/revolver) plus holster, 2 boxes of ammo (100 rounds), bowie knife, lassoo, gun cleaning kit, all fastened in place with straps. The knapsack contains a change of clothes for 3 days, duster, small sewing kit with thick thread and a set of saddle bags which contains a translation guide from Greek to English, translation guide from Aramaic to English, Bible, two film reels, and a journal full of courier and archeology notes in it including rubbings from hieroglyphs and petriglyphs. (Spot Hidden for Elena).

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena doesn't notice anything else. Fortuntately, she is already wearing her gloves.
OOC,How many pages of notes are in the journal?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Russian,[color=#0000BF]Greek and Aramaic? Looks like our friend had a fascination for Biblical archaeology...Strange, somehow I can't help but think of [b]Schiller [/b]too.[/color]
He frowns and puts down the books.
Russian,[color=#0000BF] I wonder what's on those films.[/color]
He smiles at Elena and looks at her gloves.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]It seems you're better equipped for that though.[/color]
Wolfgang can't help but keep looking at the needle and thread. He knows why he keeps a set himself and if Reticus was involved in similar situations...
He traces his fingers along the inside of the saddle bags, looking for extra sewing lines.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena grins back as she too examines the bags and the case for any hidden ompartments.
Russian,[color=darkred]"One of the advantages of being a woman,"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"It's perfectly normal and fashionable for me to be wearing gloves."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Wolfgang, due to specifically coming up with the idea, I will kindly let you make another Spot Hidden roll which I wouldn't normally do. Elena may make a Listen check.
The journal holds about 200 pages.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena hears something.
OOC,This will probably be my last post until the 24th. Invisible Castle is down again. Listen roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Laraqua,Hooray!
Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Despite his idea, Wolfgang fails to notice anything.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Listen check,the corridor still sounds clear.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 00:15

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

Wolfgang,the corridor sounds like a fully grown person is walking down it. Soon the obvious sounds of a family bustling down can be heard, followed by two compartment doors being unlocked, opened and closed.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang curses silently and whispers to Elena.

Russian,[color=#0000BF]We've got company outside. Since we're here anyway, we might as well take a good look around.[/color]
He flicks on the bathroom light and has a look at the films, contrasting them against the light bulb.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena nods without a word, continuing to feel for hidden compartments in Johnny's things while keeping an ear out for anything going on in the corridor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nancy, 00:17

Most of the negatives seem to reveal a series of sandstone buildings. Egyptian, maybe? It looks like some kind of desert.

The train begins to slow to a halt, likely to the next station, though you can't tell because the blinds are down.

On the plus side, it sounds quiet out there. Perhaps only the conductor remains.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unable to find any secret compartments, Elena flips through the journal, looking for anything that stands out to her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Elena reads,The courier and archeology notes inside it including rubbings from hieroglyphs and petroglyphs are hard to understand without an Archaeology background but a quick scan does reveal two names that ring a bell for her: [b]Professor Johannes Sprech[/b] and [b]Dr. Gerhard Schiller[/b]. The two were apparently involved in a German archaeology conference that was reported on in the New York Times. It doesn't appear that there was much of a focus on the two men, though. It was just one of the many articles. More information may be gleaned by further reading / scanning.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang returns from the bathroom and kneels by Elena, whispering:
Russian,[color=#0000BF]The photo's reveal nothing but sandstone buildings...Why are we stopping? Are we at the border already?[/color]

He quietly moves over to the window and peers between the shutters.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena whispers back.
Russian,[color=darkred]"No, it's just Nancy,"[/color] she whispers. [color=darkred]"That's the stop a little past midnight. We still have hours before we reach the border. I think the corridor's clear, with the possible exception of the conductor if he has returned. He may be distracted with the stop though, so this could be the best chance to get out of here. This journal looks interesting and mentions [b]Sprech[/b] and [b]Schiller[/b]. Notes, rubbings, and photos about ancient archaeology. We may want to hold onto it and the translation guides and look into it somewhere better, especially if you know anything about archaeology."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Wolfgang can see,through the open curtains a single woman wearing a mink fur coat with her hands pressed into a muffler, shivering against the cold with a large suitcase by her feet. The conductor from the Agatha Sleeping Car steps out to assist her with her suitcase. As she picks up another smaller case that had been half hidden behind it, she seems to see someone from one of the other sleeping cars she recognises and she waves eagerly.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang nods and quietly speaks:
Russian,[color=#0000BF] I agree, let's give it a go. Take the diary with you, we should look into it later, although I'm no archaeologist.[/color]
He puts his hand on the door knob and turns around to look at Elena, a look on his face somewhere between seriousness and quite the opposite.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]We may have to pretend to be drunk lovers if the conductor catches us. Unless you can come up with a better plan, of course.[/color]

OOC,I'll be gone till Thursday, feel free to (ab)use Wolfgang to move the story along in my absence.

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”