Compartment D

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment D

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack containing a suitcase above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table with a large puzzle-lock box on top which crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Int x 2 Puzzle-Lock Box and one hour work reveals,an elaborate and expensive tiar and a Nazi SS Officer uniform.
Suitcase,contains a sword-cane, disguise kit, thick coats and three books - Shakespeare's play in English, map book of Europe and a German copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Compartment D

Post by Seon »

[spoiler-button](Invisible castle seems to be down. Can't roll)[/Spoiler-Button]

He opens the window and throws the flyers from his pockets out from it.

He opens the suitcase,producing yet another cane with a more elegant design, bearing an eagle motif from it. He places the cane he carries into the suitcase.

German, "Well.... here goes nothing..."
He leaves the corridor and heads out.
German,"Now let's see... how does one stop this iron monster? Perhaps the German doctor carries something that I could use." He has so many ideas...

Keeper,can I assume that I can use something from the Disguise kit to act as a mask?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

You can certain cobble together a mask though it will doubtless concern people if you wear it. You will also want to exchange your jacket so that people don't recognise you by your outfit.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack containing a suitcase above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table with a large puzzle-lock box on top which crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Int x 2 Puzzle-Lock Box and one hour work reveals,an elaborate and expensive tiar and a Nazi SS Officer uniform.
Suitcase,contains a sword-cane, disguise kit, thick coats and three books - Shakespeare's play in English, map book of Europe and a German copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Jonathon reads the book on Grimm's Fairy Tales aboard the train as it stops in D.-Avricourt (1:18AM) before passing on toward Gare de Strasbourg which stands not so far from the border to Germany. They seem to be making good time so far. A fact that will soon change.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,Rolls: Craft: to make a perfect/elegant looking mask out of some spare clothes in his suitcase: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4456449/[/url] Disguise: mostly disguising of hair-style to throw off the casual onlooker [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4456454/[/url]. EXACTLY RIGHT! I feel lucky. Or unlucky. I haven't decided which.
"About time," Jonathan Parker mumbles as he opens a suitcase. "Time to get to work."

He stood in front of the mirror to examine his work uniform for the night. A grey hat, tilted just so. Slate grey coat made of cheaper and hardier fabric then the character of Jonathan Parker wore during the day, and a grey shirt under it. A black scarf, wrapped around his face so that only his eyes were visible. Reflected upon the mirror on his bed: a book of fairy tales and scraps of clothes cut with scissors to resemble...well...apparently nothing in particular. Hmm...
German,"Always black," the man in the mask said. "Never grey or blue. Hmm... well, it doesn't pay me to wonder about such things, I suppose. Off to work I go.
He straightened his coat one last time and left the room.
Keeper,I think that disguising as Jonathan Parker, for Ambrose, is sufficiently difficult that if he seeks to become him again, then it will take 15 to 30 minutes of preparation with all the make-ups/false beards/wigs/whatever he's using. Is it similar to the idea that you held?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,That makes sense. When you head into the various corridors with the conductors, please roll Stealth for each sleeping car (or roll Stealth three times and simply state you're stealthing through each corridor in a quick copy / paste post). Any stealth failures just means the conductor wakes up. He won't bother you, but he may remember you if you're later implicated. Once you're through the Lounge Car, please post your Listen Check in the Communication Compartment (which is between the two cars) as you may hear something within there.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,Disguise Roll: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481943[/url]/
Ambrose quietly closes the door behind him and rushes towards the bathroom, tugging his disguise kit with him. Two and a half hours. At most, he had two and a half hours before the train rolled into Stuttgart. Then he could leave this godforsaken Germany. The thought of living in America did not appeal to him at all, but it had to be done. Perhaps he could even spend a year... or maybe a decade or two... travelling with the money he earned from selling the necklace and the tiara. Retire to some Pacific island or so. Jonathan shook the idea from his mind as he applied the finishing touches on his make-up. Now that would just be silly and boring, he thought.

He picked up the sword-cane, tested its blade once or twice by running the shredded pieces of the scarf through, before sitting down in the bed and staring out the window. For now, there is nothing to be done but wait.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 03:46

The train moves off. So far, so good. There was a chance no one would notice the missing explosives until they reached the other side, depending on what he did with them.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Oos, 04:30

The train rattles to a halt at the next station.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 06:40

The train moves off and for a few hours of quiet anticipation, nothing out of the ordinary happens whatsoever. Finally the train rattles to a halt at the next station. Now he is well and truly within Germany and can see the platform readily enough by simply peeking out through the blinds.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Time to work," Jonathan mumbles before opening the puzzle lock box. He dons the great coat decorated with Nazi insignia before opening the window and clambering out.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The window is on the platform side. It might be worth slipping out into the corridor once the conductor has left (which should be about now) and then heading out the door on the other side. (Once you have done this, feel free to post in the Platforms thread). Peeking out the window however:

The sign reads: Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof. He has very little time to act, really, when you think of it, but to make matters worse, he recognises one of the SS officers standing on the platform. A notoriously stern and humourless man who worked for the Institut für Wehrwissenschaftliche Zweckforschung ("Institute for Military Scientific Research"), under the Ahnenerbe, Doctor Konstantin Heydrich was the younger brother to no less than SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich himself. The man next to him was unknown but he was an SS-Rottenführer and looked to be a capable military figure, judging by his stance. Neither of them appeared to be overly watchful, though, which was a relief. They may have just been taking the train for transport reasons.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Note to self, Jonathan thinks with a grimace. Don't leave the train car until out of Germany.

Jonathan walks out towards the corridor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jonathon can hear a knock on a nearby compartment door followed by a short conversation through his door.
Frances LeGrand's FRENCH,"I'm not so sure about our two day visit to Germany. What if there's war?"
Gabrielle LeGrand's FRENCH,"Nonsense. There won't be war for weeks and even if there is, we will have plenty of time to cross back over the border, I'm sure. We are not very far from France. Besides, in two days time we will take the Orient Express again to reach the next country and there we shall have a pleasant few days as well." She pouts. "You would not wish me to miss out on visiting Germany, would you?"
Then there is the sound of the corridor door opening and shutting behind them. He'd best sneak out now, in case the SS officer wishes to bunk down in their now empty compartment.

(The corridor is clear. Simply post there then on the platform.)

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan leads Magdalena into the compartment and shoves the greatcoat somewhere out of sight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jonathon shoves the greatcoat onto the luggage rack, shoving it up on top of the cases so that it's out of the way. There isn't much room in the compartment, just enough for all three of them to either sit down or stand side-by-side. It's less awkward to have two sit on the bed while one sits on the fold down table under the window.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

Fernand enters shortly after.

"So..." Fernand says with trepidation. "There is a plan yes? Because as enthusiastic as I may seem, I lack one my self."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"...I was just thinking of faking her passport and passing her off as a relative of mine," Jonathan Parker says, rubbing his chin. "The train manager seemed sympathetic enough. He could be convinced to help us out most likely. Problem is that I will probably need to have an actual real passport as a 'base' to work off of and I do not have a French one. This girl needs a French passport-she has a French accent. I...may or may not know how to obtain an American one. Coincidentally sir, have you noticed anything strange going on around the train? Time flowing strangely? Normal people suddenly becoming insane? People dying secretly inside other people's rooms with a noose around their neck? Tea being brewed too thick?"

Jonathan sighs. "The girl does not understand English, so you should probably not mention that there is a murderer somewhere aboard this train around her in German or French. I do not want to put her in more duress than she is already under... Although I must confess that I sincerely want the murderer to take the SS officers."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

"I understand, and of cause I wouldn't dream of mentioning these things to an impressionable little girl, but yes I have noticed some of these things. Although evidently I am not so picky about my tea. The spontaneous insanity is particularly vexing. One moment you are having a perfectly acceptable conversation then all the sudden they are ranting about some kind of non-sense."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The little girl simply looks from one to the other, looking nervous but less sad than before.

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”