Compartment D

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Compartment D

Post by Seon »

"Yes. I think it all leads down towards those old Irish couple and their sock puppet show. Although whether or not they knowingly do this is unknown as of this moment. Why, that poor conductor who was forced to stare at the posters was shaking like a shitting dog and babbling about something in no time flat," Jonathan chuckles. "Nevertheless something about their show feels me with dread for some reason."

"But seeing as discussions on supernatural is obviously getting us nowhere I think we should return our discussions to the girl.

To convincingly pull this...heist... Of a living person off, we need to do several things.

Firstly she must be hidden away from the rest of the guests on the Orient Express who may attempt to cause her harm. There are a few Nazi sympathizes in the train and I expect some people to be, in fact, hiding their loyalties to the party, disguised as somebody else. Already one person has disappeared while on this train. What is one more mysterious disappearence?

Secondly she must either be given a new identity or otherwise be hidden somewhere aboard this train. We can move some of her belongings out somewhere if we want to convince those wacky Nazis that the girl has skipped train and is fleeing by foot rather than stay onboard and get captured. Other passports can be modified and the train manager's help secured to get her a new identity. Perhaps we can even disguise her as a Kitchen help once the loyalty of the train crew is secured?"

"Finally we can forget all this Lupin conspiracy thing and hide her in a large piece of luggage that I saw the Irish puppeteers were using and hide her in the baggage compartment."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

"That Russian gentleman also had a huge piece of luggage, he may be sympathetic to our cause." Fernand says seemingly brushing off the talk about the supernatural, although still visibly shaken by it. "I don't think a passport is the right rout. Any missing passports would be noticed. We are better off hiding her some were no one would have any reason to look. Also there is an entire platoon I believe that has just joined the train, no doubt they have there own car. We should be sure of were they are before we move her."

"Oh yes and one other thing. We must do all of this without drawing to much scrutiny on my self. I am a German by birth, but I moved to France some years ago. I have become a well respected surgeon and I have the suspicion that the Nazi's want me for some reason. I have been ... warned that it might be the case."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"No," Jonathan shakes his head. "If you would please, I do not want to involve that Russian man any further. I have... Already asked for his favor once in a dangerous business... I do not want to ask that of him again." Jonathan shakes his head. "The less people who know of this the better. The assistance of the train crew is important but... The assistance of one man is not."

Jonathan shrugs. "I have also not entirely been honest with you either, good sir. I'm a German by birth as well. The Nazis are... Uhh... Also looking for me because of my...skills. Although it seems they more want me dead because of it rather than trying to make it theirs. I'm pretty certain that the Russian man you speak of is German as well. I'm...not entirely sure why you would think of him as being Russian. He is dripping with German accent.* God knows what other secrets there are on this train."

*OOC: or at least, that's what I assumed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,You would know that all of your passports are held by the Train Manager to make passage across the borders easier (especially since some crossings happen while people sleep). Also, I think you're talking about Wolfgang? He has a clear German accent at all times, including while speaking Russian.
Raziel,The man you're talking about has a distinctive non-German accent - more Oxford English with a Russian accent - and is quite young and handsome. It's certainly not Wolfgang (it's the guy pickpocketed at the station whom the American helped by lassoing the pickpocket). Perhaps it's not the same gentleman?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"I'm not certain we are speaking of the same gentleman. The man I am talking about speaks English with a slight Russian accent, he is young and clearly wealthy. Some one attempted to pick pocket him on the platform in Paris. Perhaps you are speaking of Wolfgang he is most definitely German. He seems to only speak Russian due to his association with that young lady he is always with."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"As to these talents of yours, you wouldn't happen to be a dab hand at forgery would you?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Huh, yet another Russian man?" Jonathan says with a smile. "We... Unfortunately haven't had the chance to meet each other so I'm afraid I can't make a decision on that. Perhaps you could introduce me to him?"

Jonathan pauses. "I do have experience in forgery, I suppose," he said. "Mostly I have a bad habit of putting my fingers into jars that everyone wants but stays away from."
Keeper,my own keeper's handbook says that fast talking covers forgeries as well, at least.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Seon,Sounds good to me.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"I haven't met him per say I simply know he has a big trunk. He boarded the Agatha car in the first class section."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"A pity," Jonathan purses. "We do not fully know then where his loyalties lie... doesn't the Soviet Union ban wealth or something? Something tells me that he won't be fully sympathetic to our cause."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"The only other thing I can tell you is that when some one tried to mug him he chose not to press charges. He also has an Oxford style accent when he speaks English which indicates he may have studied and lived abroad."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan tuts. "Most likely either a Nazi sympathizer or have ties with Nazis. I do not trust the wealthy, herr doktor. They too often favor the strong, the Party. I would be more inclined to hide her in, say, a crate of grapes in the kitchen or something."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"Hey now watch what you say about German doctors. We aren't all monsters, but as you say. We shall find another route."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"I will go talk with the train staff by myself later in order to see where their sympathies lie. I suggest that you find some other means of helping the girl..." Jonathan rubs his chin. "Is there not a comatose Nazi doctor in the train somewhere? Do you think he'll mind if we, uh, liberate some of his belongings in order to bribe certain personnels or hide the girl in his room? All for good and just cause of saving human lives, of course."
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"I will look in to it. With luck he may even have a passport we can use, if we can gain access to the conductors cabin."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan nods. "I'll look into gaining access to the Conductor'a cabin," he says.
German,but let's be kind to the girl and speak in a language that she can understand. Magdalena, is May we see your passport and train tickets? Is there anything that you desperately want to keep in your possessions? Is there anyone in Germany who may wish to help you out?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

German,"My passport is with the others, I think. They said they'd give it to me at the other side. Umm, I don't really have much that I can keep because I gave it all away. I was given warnings by a Jew hating German who was a neighbour of my parents in Germany who threatened me with what would happen if I came home. I think he was also trying to warn me, though, because he did sound apologetic. He didn't want anyone to hurt me but knew that it had to be done if I came back. I don't know anyone else in Germany but the Italian man on the train keeps trying to talk to me. Maybe he would help?"
She looks doubtful.
German,"Although I think he's a little too interested. He worries me. He keeps trying to be friendly but it doesn't feel friendly."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"With the suspicious goings on in the train, I wouldn't be surprised if that damned Italian and the British buddy of his is in some human-sacrifice cult looking for virgin girls to sacrifice to their evil dead pharaoh god or something," Jonathan muses.
German,I do not trust the man either, although I will go and talk to him. What does he want to talk about, however? He strikes me as a man who likes to rub his nose into things that really is none of his business.
Jonathan scratches his nose.
German,Or at least very shitty at being friendly. Pardon my...never mind. Does your passport have your portrait on it? Also, really? Surely you have some picture books or photographs or mementos that you would like to keep...
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"SACRIFICES, what in the hell are you talking about?! Are you entirely certain you are stable? I'm starting to think that I should take over the care and safety concerns of this child."

"You may be right to be concerned about that Italian man considering he warned me about consorting with a Jew, but accusing him of some strange barbarism is another thing entirely. It causes me to question the very integrity of your mind sir."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan gives the doctor an odd look. "So being wanted by the SS and Hitler personally, forging papers, and admitting to putting my hands into businesses which I shouldn't touch still makes me a suitable guardian to take care of this child but having a poor sense of humor disqualifies me?" He says, scratching his head. "I do not understand your point of view, doctor."

"Sincere apologies regardless. Admittedly yes, I am quite concerned about who should take care of the child after we get out of Germany. Orphanages in Turkey makes poor candidates... and My chosen profession... does not make me a reliable guardian, I'm afraid.

As for the Italian man, I'm not quite certain about him. All of his actions can be interpreted as a smug sense of superiority or genuine concern expressed extremely poorly and smugly. I would almost hazard a guess that he has only recently acquired his wealth and influence and is still unused to how he should behave around people. Or just how he should behave around people in general. "

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”