Compartment E

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Compartment E

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 19:00

This Double Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.

This compartment is booked for Mr. Alexander Roby and Mrs. Caroline Roby with two suitcases on the luggage case and a stack of books on the inlaid flip up table. The books contain titles such as The King in Yellow, Mournful Songs of an Awakening Era: Collection of Poems, Dark & Sweet Poetry, Mind Expanding Qualities, Legends of the Yellow Sign: A Collection of Essays, and The Aldebaran Rising: A Psychological Study. A man's coat and a woman's coat hang on the coat racks.
Coat pockets,contain nothing but handkerchiefs.
The bottom suitcase contains,hairbrush, toothbrush, make up kit, black bone-like whistle, curlers, three dresses, hair pin collection, shoes wrapped in muslin, stockings and a scarf. There is also a peculiar locked box with an esoteric yellow symbol on it.
The upper suitcase contains,copper bowl, three sets of suits, boot polish, toothbrush, and a journal. There is also a peculiar locked box with an esoteric yellow symbol on it.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Re: Compartment E

Post by TheVaultTech »

Khan knocks on the door outside of the room, unless preemptively stopped.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,it's a pain but you need to get in the habit of doing a quick post in the corridor when you knock. I'll pass the information onto the player (if there is one) who's in the compartment or simply post the reaction in the corridor myself. The main reason for this is because stuff might happen in the corridor while you're waiting around which is awesome ... or which wouldn't happen if they'd seen you there.
The door opens and a friendly seeming fellow gazes out at him and then offers his hand for an enthusiastic hand shake.
British-accented German,"Come in, come in, [b]Herr Khan[/b], I presume? Forgive my exuberance but it isn't every day I meet an author who has as much talent as yourself."
It is highly unlikely he could have ever read anything you wrote - let alone know you're a writer.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

"Ah, yes? You have read some of my works? It's a great honour to meet a fan! Tell me, which of my books do you like the most?"
Khan shakes his hand with a matched enthusiasm.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Roby smiles.
British-accented German,"Your autobiography. While your drafts do require some polishing, I do believe that you have that certain something that could take you far if you truly honed it. I found your trip across Europe to be most thrilling though your protagonist's antics with that seductive foreign woman didn't seem to believable, I'm afraid. Arch-villainesses may be renowned for insatiability but it really did seem to stretch credulity too far."

TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Khan's smile quickly fades as he hears Mr. Roby speak. "It's clear we have to talk, do you mind if I come in?" Khan enters brusquely regardless of the answer, shutting the door behind him,
German,"How do you know of my writings, I've not published anything. I don't even have a transcript half done." Khan takes a defensive stance.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Roby seems entirely unaware of any danger and gestures to the couch beside him.
British-accented German,"It will be published, even if not today. I became informed of your arrival and your subsequent works in my last dream.... It seems that my God is closest to me aboard this train though I can't be particularly sure why. It isn't as if Hyades and Aldebaran are visible in the sky. I didn't manage to catch much of your work, however. Tonight, perhaps?"

TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Khan gives Mr. Roby a blank stare.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Roby seems entirely unaware of any danger and gestures to the couch beside him.
British-accented German,"Have you spoken to [b]Mr. Parker[/b], yet? I must say that I hardly believed your conceived plan with that fellow ... he's seemed so very nice and above board, as they say in England. I never would have suspected he would have such skills but I suppose one can never be too sure of one's fellow passengers aboard trains in such a time as this. Hmm ... if you haven't spoken to [b]Mr. Parker[/b], perhaps you ought to go and do so?"

TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Khan blinks a few times, then nods and awkwardly leaves the room, "I suppose I asked for this... now, to find a Mr. Parker..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Cheerio then," says Mr. Roby.

(OOC: Make sure to read and post in the corridor.)

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”