Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects between a Sleeping Car and the Lounge Car. Rooms A - D are Single Cabins, E - H are Double Cabins, and I is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Corridor

Post by Seon »

"Follow me, please," he says, nervously looking behind him towards her as he squeezes past her.

He opens the door and walks into Jeanette compartment.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily follows him into the Jeanette Sleeping Car. When he looks back at her, she smiles again.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan enters Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car and swiftly takes a look around the corridor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor has returned to his chair and is watching two children standing in the middle of the corridor. The little boy seems upset and his older sister is comforting him with a quick cuddle. They look up when Parker enters and the boy pulls back, looking instantly embarressed at being caught out in a moment of weakness by a man.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Cecil enters from the Agatha car end, followed by two men. He stops at the children, "I say, has the puppet show started - and are you allowed to watch?" He sees Jonathan coming along and makes room for him to pass.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We're the performers but we're...." She looks over at her younger brother. "A bit nervous. Give us a moment and we'll be there soon."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Ahhh," Parker mumbled. "So the suitcase contains puppet show tools? I was wondering why you were lugging such heavy suitcases about."

Parker makes no indication that he is about to move,
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh really? I say, how devillishly exciting, what?" Cecil looks down at the children. "Well I'm sure you'll be marvelous! Break a leg and all that. Who's the ringmaster of the show, you know, the one who directs it? Have you done many of them before?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, our father wrote the screenplay," she says. "We've performed it a few times before but only for family and friends. It's very good. It's about the King in Yellow who lives in Carcosa but you'd have to watch it to truly understand."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"This all... seem very interesting," Jonathan said. "Perhaps I will see you two at the puppet show. Good day, sirs."

Jonathan moves...almost runs really, back to Jeanette Sleeping Car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 23:30

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. There is no sign of the conductor though his clipboard and pen have been left sitting on the fold up seat in the corridor. Someone can be heard vomiting in the WC (toilet cubicle) at the end of the corridor.
There is a flyer hanging from the handle of each of the compartment doors that show images which seem to blur when you gaze upon them even though they should, by rights, be clear. The sight of them draws your eye and inflames the imagination. There is something exciting happening here. Some possibility which you are inspired to write down. (SAN Loss 1 / 1d6 - keep rolling for each corridor you pass until you have either passed all three or lost 6 Sanity. If you go temporarily insane, you become obsessed with the imagery or consumed by a bizarre bout of creativity for 1d10 minutes.) There may be more information attached were you to open the flyer and read it.
"We'd best be getting on then," says Harriet. "We're already late enough as it is."

PRESENT: Henry & Harriet Roby, Cecil, Charles & Amadi Al-Rassam.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Yes indeed, we'll be along soon!" Cecil calls after the departing children. "Well that all seems innocent enough." He says to Amadi and Charles. As he passes the closet, he knocks on the door. "Are you okay in there? Can we get you anything?"
OOC,If the attendant is there: As he passes the attendant he says,[color=#0000BF] "Is that chap in the closet okay? He sounds like he's having rather a miserable time. Be a good fellow and get him a brandy for when he comes out - always does me the world of good when I have a dicky belly."[/color]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The children nod, pick up their case, and move along.

The compartment is silent yet still locked. There's no sign of the sleeping car attendant.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil frowns, "I could have sworn I heard someone retching in there, didn't you?" He asks Amadi and Charles. He bangs on the door again. "I say! Are you okay? Do you need help?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"For someone who was suddenly so afraid of a performance, you are really quite distractable and willing to let those children move on," says Amadi. He seems quietly bemused. "Do you want someone to pick the locks now?"

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"No, no; you know me; any opportunity to play the shining knight for a damsel in distress. It's probably an fat old man with gastric problems anyway. Let us not tarry but be away thither!" Cecil leads the other two into the next car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 23:45

High above him was a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. There is no sign of the conductor though his clipboard and pen have been left sitting on the fold up seat in the corridor. The WC at the end of the corridor is locked.
There is a flyer hanging from the handle of each of the compartment doors that show images which seem to blur when you gaze upon them even though they should, by rights, be clear. The sight of them draws your eye and inflames the imagination. There is something exciting happening here. Some possibility which you are inspired to write down. (SAN Loss 1 / 1d6 - keep rolling for each corridor you pass until you have either passed all three or lost 6 Sanity. If you go temporarily insane, you become obsessed with the imagery or consumed by a bizarre bout of creativity for 1d10 minutes.) There may be more information attached were you to open the flyer and read it.

PRESENT: No one.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters the corridor from the Jeannette car,Elena on his arm.
Sanity roll -Success!,[dice]0[/dice]
His frown deepens as he sees the flyer and he removes the one hanging from Compartment B, crumples it and shoves it into his pocket.

Turning around at Elena, he smiles again.
Russian,"[color=#0000BF]I have indeed heard something similar. But I think there is more going on than those flyers.[/color]"
He looks around and lowers his voice.

Russian,"[color=#0000BF]The American you boarded the train with in Paris. Is he a close friend?[/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena groans when she sees the flyers, but she isn't as badly affected this time.
Russian,[color=darkred]"[b]Johnny Rheticus[/b]?"[/color] asks [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"No, I just met him on the platform in Paris. I hardly know him at all. Why? Do you suspect he is not merely a cowboy...or do I detect a hint of jealousy?"[/color]
She winks as she says this last.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang smiles, but you clearly sense he's holding something back.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]I can safely say that I have no desire whatsoever to change places with Johnny Rheticus.[/color]
He looks around the corridor and then leans closer to Elena, his voice deep and sincere.

Russian,[color=#0000BF]I do not wish to be indiscreet...but I need to tell you something and I think it is best down inside your cabin. There are too many potential prying ears and eyes here.[/color]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."

Return to “Yennifer Second Class Sleeping Car A to I”