Page 1 of 1

Compartment D

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:05 am
by Laraqua
Paris, 19:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack containing a suitcase above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table with a large puzzle-lock box on top which crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Int x 2 Puzzle-Lock Box and one hour work reveals,an elaborate and expensive tiar and a Nazi SS Officer uniform.
Suitcase,contains a sword-cane, disguise kit, thick coats and three books - Shakespeare's play in English, map book of Europe and a German copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Re: Compartment D

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 am
by Seon
[spoiler-button](Invisible castle seems to be down. Can't roll)[/Spoiler-Button]

He opens the window and throws the flyers from his pockets out from it.

He opens the suitcase,producing yet another cane with a more elegant design, bearing an eagle motif from it. He places the cane he carries into the suitcase.

German, "Well.... here goes nothing..."
He leaves the corridor and heads out.
German,"Now let's see... how does one stop this iron monster? Perhaps the German doctor carries something that I could use." He has so many ideas...

Keeper,can I assume that I can use something from the Disguise kit to act as a mask?

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:39 am
by Laraqua
You can certain cobble together a mask though it will doubtless concern people if you wear it. You will also want to exchange your jacket so that people don't recognise you by your outfit.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 am
by Laraqua
France, 03:00

This Single Cabin has a Pullman-style bed that folds into a comfortable sofa during the day and can be unfolded to reveal a single bed that isn't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. The bed currently sits as a couch with wavy green-blue upholstery. A sink in a lovely, closing vanity is fitted into the corner and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful.

There is a luggage rack containing a suitcase above the bed-sofa and there is an inlaid, fold-out table with a large puzzle-lock box on top which crouches beneath the window and shortly above this table is a little shelf containing a lamp with a red lamp shade, a weighted vase containing a single red flower and a glass ash tray. Spring-loaded roller blinds can be drawn up to view the outside world or to gain more privacy. Half of the window glass can be slid down to allow wind in, odours out or merely to stick one’s head out the window to get a good view of the surrounding countryside rushing past. Between each compartment stands the mosaic-floored cabinet de toilette where passengers may make use of a sink and mirror to wash their faces and apply make-up. This is shared between the two compartments and when one door is opened, the other door locks.
Int x 2 Puzzle-Lock Box and one hour work reveals,an elaborate and expensive tiar and a Nazi SS Officer uniform.
Suitcase,contains a sword-cane, disguise kit, thick coats and three books - Shakespeare's play in English, map book of Europe and a German copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Jonathon reads the book on Grimm's Fairy Tales aboard the train as it stops in D.-Avricourt (1:18AM) before passing on toward Gare de Strasbourg which stands not so far from the border to Germany. They seem to be making good time so far. A fact that will soon change.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:39 am
by Seon
Keeper,Rolls: Craft: to make a perfect/elegant looking mask out of some spare clothes in his suitcase: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4456449/[/url] Disguise: mostly disguising of hair-style to throw off the casual onlooker [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4456454/[/url]. EXACTLY RIGHT! I feel lucky. Or unlucky. I haven't decided which.
"About time," Jonathan Parker mumbles as he opens a suitcase. "Time to get to work."

He stood in front of the mirror to examine his work uniform for the night. A grey hat, tilted just so. Slate grey coat made of cheaper and hardier fabric then the character of Jonathan Parker wore during the day, and a grey shirt under it. A black scarf, wrapped around his face so that only his eyes were visible. Reflected upon the mirror on his bed: a book of fairy tales and scraps of clothes cut with scissors to resemble...well...apparently nothing in particular. Hmm...
German,"Always black," the man in the mask said. "Never grey or blue. Hmm... well, it doesn't pay me to wonder about such things, I suppose. Off to work I go.
He straightened his coat one last time and left the room.
Keeper,I think that disguising as Jonathan Parker, for Ambrose, is sufficiently difficult that if he seeks to become him again, then it will take 15 to 30 minutes of preparation with all the make-ups/false beards/wigs/whatever he's using. Is it similar to the idea that you held?

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 am
by Laraqua
Show,That makes sense. When you head into the various corridors with the conductors, please roll Stealth for each sleeping car (or roll Stealth three times and simply state you're stealthing through each corridor in a quick copy / paste post). Any stealth failures just means the conductor wakes up. He won't bother you, but he may remember you if you're later implicated. Once you're through the Lounge Car, please post your Listen Check in the Communication Compartment (which is between the two cars) as you may hear something within there.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 am
by Seon
Keeper,Disguise Roll: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481943[/url]/
Ambrose quietly closes the door behind him and rushes towards the bathroom, tugging his disguise kit with him. Two and a half hours. At most, he had two and a half hours before the train rolled into Stuttgart. Then he could leave this godforsaken Germany. The thought of living in America did not appeal to him at all, but it had to be done. Perhaps he could even spend a year... or maybe a decade or two... travelling with the money he earned from selling the necklace and the tiara. Retire to some Pacific island or so. Jonathan shook the idea from his mind as he applied the finishing touches on his make-up. Now that would just be silly and boring, he thought.

He picked up the sword-cane, tested its blade once or twice by running the shredded pieces of the scarf through, before sitting down in the bed and staring out the window. For now, there is nothing to be done but wait.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 am
by Laraqua
France, 03:46

The train moves off. So far, so good. There was a chance no one would notice the missing explosives until they reached the other side, depending on what he did with them.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:20 am
by Laraqua
Oos, 04:30

The train rattles to a halt at the next station.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:47 am
by Laraqua
Stuttgart, 06:40

The train moves off and for a few hours of quiet anticipation, nothing out of the ordinary happens whatsoever. Finally the train rattles to a halt at the next station. Now he is well and truly within Germany and can see the platform readily enough by simply peeking out through the blinds.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:23 am
by Seon
"Time to work," Jonathan mumbles before opening the puzzle lock box. He dons the great coat decorated with Nazi insignia before opening the window and clambering out.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 pm
by Laraqua
The window is on the platform side. It might be worth slipping out into the corridor once the conductor has left (which should be about now) and then heading out the door on the other side. (Once you have done this, feel free to post in the Platforms thread). Peeking out the window however:

The sign reads: Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof. He has very little time to act, really, when you think of it, but to make matters worse, he recognises one of the SS officers standing on the platform. A notoriously stern and humourless man who worked for the Institut für Wehrwissenschaftliche Zweckforschung ("Institute for Military Scientific Research"), under the Ahnenerbe, Doctor Konstantin Heydrich was the younger brother to no less than SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich himself. The man next to him was unknown but he was an SS-Rottenführer and looked to be a capable military figure, judging by his stance. Neither of them appeared to be overly watchful, though, which was a relief. They may have just been taking the train for transport reasons.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:40 pm
by Seon
Note to self, Jonathan thinks with a grimace. Don't leave the train car until out of Germany.

Jonathan walks out towards the corridor.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:48 am
by Laraqua
Jonathon can hear a knock on a nearby compartment door followed by a short conversation through his door.
Frances LeGrand's FRENCH,"I'm not so sure about our two day visit to Germany. What if there's war?"
Gabrielle LeGrand's FRENCH,"Nonsense. There won't be war for weeks and even if there is, we will have plenty of time to cross back over the border, I'm sure. We are not very far from France. Besides, in two days time we will take the Orient Express again to reach the next country and there we shall have a pleasant few days as well." She pouts. "You would not wish me to miss out on visiting Germany, would you?"
Then there is the sound of the corridor door opening and shutting behind them. He'd best sneak out now, in case the SS officer wishes to bunk down in their now empty compartment.

(The corridor is clear. Simply post there then on the platform.)

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 pm
by Seon
Jonathan leads Magdalena into the compartment and shoves the greatcoat somewhere out of sight.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 pm
by Laraqua
Jonathon shoves the greatcoat onto the luggage rack, shoving it up on top of the cases so that it's out of the way. There isn't much room in the compartment, just enough for all three of them to either sit down or stand side-by-side. It's less awkward to have two sit on the bed while one sits on the fold down table under the window.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm
by Raziel

Fernand enters shortly after.

"So..." Fernand says with trepidation. "There is a plan yes? Because as enthusiastic as I may seem, I lack one my self."

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:01 pm
by Seon
"...I was just thinking of faking her passport and passing her off as a relative of mine," Jonathan Parker says, rubbing his chin. "The train manager seemed sympathetic enough. He could be convinced to help us out most likely. Problem is that I will probably need to have an actual real passport as a 'base' to work off of and I do not have a French one. This girl needs a French passport-she has a French accent. I...may or may not know how to obtain an American one. Coincidentally sir, have you noticed anything strange going on around the train? Time flowing strangely? Normal people suddenly becoming insane? People dying secretly inside other people's rooms with a noose around their neck? Tea being brewed too thick?"

Jonathan sighs. "The girl does not understand English, so you should probably not mention that there is a murderer somewhere aboard this train around her in German or French. I do not want to put her in more duress than she is already under... Although I must confess that I sincerely want the murderer to take the SS officers."

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
by Raziel

"I understand, and of cause I wouldn't dream of mentioning these things to an impressionable little girl, but yes I have noticed some of these things. Although evidently I am not so picky about my tea. The spontaneous insanity is particularly vexing. One moment you are having a perfectly acceptable conversation then all the sudden they are ranting about some kind of non-sense."

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:52 pm
by Laraqua
The little girl simply looks from one to the other, looking nervous but less sad than before.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 pm
by Seon
"Yes. I think it all leads down towards those old Irish couple and their sock puppet show. Although whether or not they knowingly do this is unknown as of this moment. Why, that poor conductor who was forced to stare at the posters was shaking like a shitting dog and babbling about something in no time flat," Jonathan chuckles. "Nevertheless something about their show feels me with dread for some reason."

"But seeing as discussions on supernatural is obviously getting us nowhere I think we should return our discussions to the girl.

To convincingly pull this...heist... Of a living person off, we need to do several things.

Firstly she must be hidden away from the rest of the guests on the Orient Express who may attempt to cause her harm. There are a few Nazi sympathizes in the train and I expect some people to be, in fact, hiding their loyalties to the party, disguised as somebody else. Already one person has disappeared while on this train. What is one more mysterious disappearence?

Secondly she must either be given a new identity or otherwise be hidden somewhere aboard this train. We can move some of her belongings out somewhere if we want to convince those wacky Nazis that the girl has skipped train and is fleeing by foot rather than stay onboard and get captured. Other passports can be modified and the train manager's help secured to get her a new identity. Perhaps we can even disguise her as a Kitchen help once the loyalty of the train crew is secured?"

"Finally we can forget all this Lupin conspiracy thing and hide her in a large piece of luggage that I saw the Irish puppeteers were using and hide her in the baggage compartment."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:29 am
by Raziel

"That Russian gentleman also had a huge piece of luggage, he may be sympathetic to our cause." Fernand says seemingly brushing off the talk about the supernatural, although still visibly shaken by it. "I don't think a passport is the right rout. Any missing passports would be noticed. We are better off hiding her some were no one would have any reason to look. Also there is an entire platoon I believe that has just joined the train, no doubt they have there own car. We should be sure of were they are before we move her."

"Oh yes and one other thing. We must do all of this without drawing to much scrutiny on my self. I am a German by birth, but I moved to France some years ago. I have become a well respected surgeon and I have the suspicion that the Nazi's want me for some reason. I have been ... warned that it might be the case."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 am
by Seon
"No," Jonathan shakes his head. "If you would please, I do not want to involve that Russian man any further. I have... Already asked for his favor once in a dangerous business... I do not want to ask that of him again." Jonathan shakes his head. "The less people who know of this the better. The assistance of the train crew is important but... The assistance of one man is not."

Jonathan shrugs. "I have also not entirely been honest with you either, good sir. I'm a German by birth as well. The Nazis are... Uhh... Also looking for me because of my...skills. Although it seems they more want me dead because of it rather than trying to make it theirs. I'm pretty certain that the Russian man you speak of is German as well. I'm...not entirely sure why you would think of him as being Russian. He is dripping with German accent.* God knows what other secrets there are on this train."

*OOC: or at least, that's what I assumed.

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:54 am
by Laraqua
OOC,You would know that all of your passports are held by the Train Manager to make passage across the borders easier (especially since some crossings happen while people sleep). Also, I think you're talking about Wolfgang? He has a clear German accent at all times, including while speaking Russian.
Raziel,The man you're talking about has a distinctive non-German accent - more Oxford English with a Russian accent - and is quite young and handsome. It's certainly not Wolfgang (it's the guy pickpocketed at the station whom the American helped by lassoing the pickpocket). Perhaps it's not the same gentleman?

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 am
by Raziel

"I'm not certain we are speaking of the same gentleman. The man I am talking about speaks English with a slight Russian accent, he is young and clearly wealthy. Some one attempted to pick pocket him on the platform in Paris. Perhaps you are speaking of Wolfgang he is most definitely German. He seems to only speak Russian due to his association with that young lady he is always with."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 am
by Raziel

"As to these talents of yours, you wouldn't happen to be a dab hand at forgery would you?"

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:35 am
by Seon
"Huh, yet another Russian man?" Jonathan says with a smile. "We... Unfortunately haven't had the chance to meet each other so I'm afraid I can't make a decision on that. Perhaps you could introduce me to him?"

Jonathan pauses. "I do have experience in forgery, I suppose," he said. "Mostly I have a bad habit of putting my fingers into jars that everyone wants but stays away from."
Keeper,my own keeper's handbook says that fast talking covers forgeries as well, at least.

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:41 am
by Laraqua
Seon,Sounds good to me.

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am
by Raziel

"I haven't met him per say I simply know he has a big trunk. He boarded the Agatha car in the first class section."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 am
by Seon
"A pity," Jonathan purses. "We do not fully know then where his loyalties lie... doesn't the Soviet Union ban wealth or something? Something tells me that he won't be fully sympathetic to our cause."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:08 am
by Raziel

"The only other thing I can tell you is that when some one tried to mug him he chose not to press charges. He also has an Oxford style accent when he speaks English which indicates he may have studied and lived abroad."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:31 am
by Seon
Jonathan tuts. "Most likely either a Nazi sympathizer or have ties with Nazis. I do not trust the wealthy, herr doktor. They too often favor the strong, the Party. I would be more inclined to hide her in, say, a crate of grapes in the kitchen or something."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:51 am
by Raziel

"Hey now watch what you say about German doctors. We aren't all monsters, but as you say. We shall find another route."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 am
by Seon
"I will go talk with the train staff by myself later in order to see where their sympathies lie. I suggest that you find some other means of helping the girl..." Jonathan rubs his chin. "Is there not a comatose Nazi doctor in the train somewhere? Do you think he'll mind if we, uh, liberate some of his belongings in order to bribe certain personnels or hide the girl in his room? All for good and just cause of saving human lives, of course."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 am
by Raziel

"I will look in to it. With luck he may even have a passport we can use, if we can gain access to the conductors cabin."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 am
by Seon
Jonathan nods. "I'll look into gaining access to the Conductor'a cabin," he says.
German,but let's be kind to the girl and speak in a language that she can understand. Magdalena, is May we see your passport and train tickets? Is there anything that you desperately want to keep in your possessions? Is there anyone in Germany who may wish to help you out?

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am
by Laraqua
German,"My passport is with the others, I think. They said they'd give it to me at the other side. Umm, I don't really have much that I can keep because I gave it all away. I was given warnings by a Jew hating German who was a neighbour of my parents in Germany who threatened me with what would happen if I came home. I think he was also trying to warn me, though, because he did sound apologetic. He didn't want anyone to hurt me but knew that it had to be done if I came back. I don't know anyone else in Germany but the Italian man on the train keeps trying to talk to me. Maybe he would help?"
She looks doubtful.
German,"Although I think he's a little too interested. He worries me. He keeps trying to be friendly but it doesn't feel friendly."

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm
by Seon
"With the suspicious goings on in the train, I wouldn't be surprised if that damned Italian and the British buddy of his is in some human-sacrifice cult looking for virgin girls to sacrifice to their evil dead pharaoh god or something," Jonathan muses.
German,I do not trust the man either, although I will go and talk to him. What does he want to talk about, however? He strikes me as a man who likes to rub his nose into things that really is none of his business.
Jonathan scratches his nose.
German,Or at least very shitty at being friendly. Pardon my...never mind. Does your passport have your portrait on it? Also, really? Surely you have some picture books or photographs or mementos that you would like to keep...

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am
by Raziel

"SACRIFICES, what in the hell are you talking about?! Are you entirely certain you are stable? I'm starting to think that I should take over the care and safety concerns of this child."

"You may be right to be concerned about that Italian man considering he warned me about consorting with a Jew, but accusing him of some strange barbarism is another thing entirely. It causes me to question the very integrity of your mind sir."

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:01 am
by Seon
Jonathan gives the doctor an odd look. "So being wanted by the SS and Hitler personally, forging papers, and admitting to putting my hands into businesses which I shouldn't touch still makes me a suitable guardian to take care of this child but having a poor sense of humor disqualifies me?" He says, scratching his head. "I do not understand your point of view, doctor."

"Sincere apologies regardless. Admittedly yes, I am quite concerned about who should take care of the child after we get out of Germany. Orphanages in Turkey makes poor candidates... and My chosen profession... does not make me a reliable guardian, I'm afraid.

As for the Italian man, I'm not quite certain about him. All of his actions can be interpreted as a smug sense of superiority or genuine concern expressed extremely poorly and smugly. I would almost hazard a guess that he has only recently acquired his wealth and influence and is still unused to how he should behave around people. Or just how he should behave around people in general. "

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:38 am
by Raziel

"In future I would prefer if you assumed anything you tell me I will take quite literally. I do not deal in hypothetical non-sense or supernatural simile. I am a doctor and, as mush as it is a stereo type, a German. I do not condone random accusation void of fact and logic."

"Now if you believe the Nazi's are after you, well that I would say is good and logical. They are after a lot of people of late. As for the idea of the fuhrer wanting you personally I can not attest to the likely hood of that, although if true it does give me a giddy thrill to think I could take from the man who took my father. But as for your continued mention of magical goings on, it only leads me to wonder how much of it you believe and there for what sized straight jacket you would take."

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:45 am
by Seon
"Good sir," Jonathan says. "I do not know how much you have seen, but I have seen this train go back in time like something out of H.G. Wells books, a train conductor and a silly British girl go mad due to some strange posters on doors, a stone that made my head ache simply due to some runes carved into it, a man talk to invisible people in the dining car, AND a man hang himself with his own bullwhip in this train. I MYSELF am wondering if I need to go talk to an alienist."

Jonathan rubs his temples. "Apologies, I haven't had a bit of sleep last night. It's making me neurotic."
German,Sorry about that, child.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:36 am
by Raziel

"Hmm ... it does seem you have been having an adventure..."

"Suppose for a moment I believed that you had encountered some oddities. I have after all encountered a similar situation with those blasted posters. I wounder whether you would assist me with a delicate situation?"

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:54 pm
by Seon
German,"Depends," Jonathan says, briefly smiling. "My priority is the girl, of course, but I will be happy to help you out.'

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:32 am
by Laraqua
Germany, 07:55

The little girl yawns and starts to curl up on herself on the couch, struggling to stay awake.

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:04 am
by Seon
Jonathan sighs. "I'll go get the girl's passport. Would you please take care of the German doctor's belongings? Thank you very much," Jonathan walks out of the compartment.

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:19 am
by Laraqua
The little girl looks up at the doctor, as though waiting to see what will happen now.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:58 am
by Laraqua
Germany, 09:40

Magdalena Bartenstein has spent the past three hours napping on the strange Parker's bed while Fernand sits on the edge of the bed and ponders his position. At least there's been no one rushing down the corridor demanding his medical assistance which means that for now all may be well. After a few more moments of unspoiled silence, Magdalena awakens with a start and a sob.