Smoking Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Smoking Car

Post by Seon »

Keeper,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4368860/[/url]. Time to sell off some contraband tiara to some rich upperclass british twits.
"Why Mr. Gavigan!" Jonathan Parker twists around to face Charles, his face beaming a radiant smile that betrays none of the fear that he just showed Lily. "I have been waiting for an opportunity to finally speak with you ever since I laid my eyes on you on this train. Such a coincidence that a meeting with your sister would facilitate this. My sincerest apologies regarding the whole 'running away from your sister' business. "

"See, sir, I may have insinuated that a certain somebody on this train had the fashion sense of my grandmother when she was a dashing young lady. I suppose that Miss Gavigan assumed that this certain person was her. Unfortunately, I did insinuate in a rather unflattering way in retrospect, I admit. But is not the Victorian Era when the British Empire was at its height? Its power making Chinese Emperors on the other side of the globe submit? Speaking of clothes, I must ask: do you buy your sister's clothes for her? Or do you allow her to buy one from a catalog? It would be rather difficult to acquire such dresses today, I imagine!"

He quickly turns to Wolfgang. "Could we discuss some matters together? Later in private before the Puppet Show?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The flyers are not mine, Mr. Parker," says Elena. "I've just seen what they can do to people. Otherwise, I don't know any more than you do. That's why I came here to the puppet show, so I could see what this is all about. It's actually overdue to start, which is odd." She observes Gavigan with interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang acknowledges Lilly's explanation.
Heavily accented French,His French is about as sketchy as his English. "[color=#0000BF]I seeing, zis is all very peculiar, non? I vill going talk vith ze gentleman, voulding you being so nice as to accompany my guest in my abscence?[/color]"
Wolfgang gets up and nods at Jonathan.

"I zinking ve had better talk now, before ze show commenced. Vould you care for ze bar or ze Lounge car?"

He turns to Elena with a smile.
Russian,"[color=#0000BF]I'm going to see what's wrong with him and see if I can find Dr. Bedell in the process. Will you be all right? [/color]"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Lounge Car will do," Jonathan said. He quickly turns to Mr. Gavigan.

"I must apologize, Lord Gavigan, but I must take my leave. I have a piece of jewelry, however, that I believe will work nicely as a wedding gift for a woman beloved by an important man such as yourself. I shall talk to you soon."

Jonathan gets up from the table and walks swiftly towards the Lounge.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily nods at Wolfgang.
French Conversation,[color=#800080]"Of course, sir."[/color]
She raises an eyebrow at Jonathan as he speaks. Her bewildered stare follows him all the way out the door.
Keeper,Lord [i]Gavigan? Wedding gift?! Presumptuous little... I'm not even engaged! Thank you [/i]so kindly[i] for reminding him, you blasted sycophant![/i]
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Gavigan looks amused. "I like him. He has a certain ... ecccentric charm." He gives Lily an amused smile. "Though a wedding present ... is there someone your eye on here?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily responds with a saccharine smile of her own. "Oh, Charles, we've only been aboard a few hours! Besides, it's hardly up to me. Someone will take an interest when they take an interest."
Keeper,[i]Oh no. Oh dear, oh no... I mustn't panic. Show no fear, Lily.[/i]
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
fox01313
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by fox01313 »

Kieran looks some at the new arrivals as they come into the smoking car while continuing the conversation with his new friend & takes a bit of a drink from the drink he ordered.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena nods to Wolfgang.
Russian,[color=darkred]"I'll be fine, [b]Wolfgang[/b],"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"I'll see you soon."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang nods and leaves the Smoking Car for the Lounge Car.

"Dasvidanja."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gavigan smiles faintly at her. "Why, my dear, that's not exactly true. If you take an interest in anybody, you let me know, and I'm sure an agreement can be made."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily stares blankly at her brother for a few seconds, then starts laughing again, more subdued this time. "You're so serious all the time, sometimes I forget your sense of humor! How silly, I almost didn't realize you were joking."
Keeper,[i]Would he suffer a stroke if I actually told him? Ha! Hilarious, but too much of a risk to even consider.[/i]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gavigan laughs along with her, before becoming very serious himself. "No one is too good for my dear little sister. You are twenty one now. I mean to see to it that your requirements are met."

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I only meant that you wouldn't want my husband to love me any less than you do," Lily says, finally deciding to find a place to sit near Elena. She throws Charles a reproachful look. "And I will not have you strong-arming some poor frightened man into marrying me!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gavigan merely chuckles and returns to sit next to Johannes Sprech.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena gives Lily a sympathetic look. "Your brother certainly seems to be...formidable," she says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"He only wants what is best for me," Lily sighs, fiddling with the clasp on her purse. "But... I would prefer to find love on my own. If that's possible."

She slowly blinks at Elena and rests her chin on her hands. "And who knows? The Orient Express is full of fascinating people. With a little bit of luck..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena smiles. "That's the right attitude," she says. "The Orient Express is a great place to find love. I've already met someone interesting."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Oh?" Lily sits up straight and folds her hands neatly in her lap. "That must be exciting. Of course, I'm sure you have no trouble finding admirers."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Elena. "I don't think you'll have any trouble either. You're attractive, and you're a lot younger than I am. The real problem might be finding too many."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Social Cars”