Smoking Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Smoking Car

Post by Kadael »

Lily blushes and looks away modestly. "Miss Orloff, really, you're too kind."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I but speak the truth," says Elena. "If you want to attract a man, what you need most of all is confidence in yourself. And please, call me Elena."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily smiles and sighs with mock resignation. "I suppose I have no choice but to accept your good opinion of me... Elena. If only all the world's gentlemen were more like you."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you again, Lily," says Elena. "They're not all like me, no, but some are. I'm sure you'll find one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Would you mind if I asked who is lucky enough to have earned your attentions?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not at all," says Elena with a smile. She lowers her voice. "It is Wolfgang. He is like nobody I have ever met, and he is interested in me as well."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, France, 23:30
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. A bartender works his magic at the bar which stands on one side of the car (closest to the door to the Lounge Car), with a pianist playing piano at the other end of the car alongside a gap about as wide as it is long which is used as an impromptu dance floor on occasion by those enjoying the bar.

Charles Gavigan, a gentleman in an expensive suit, remains on his bar stool with Johannes Sprech.

Farooqi Al-Rassam sits on a couch furthest away from everyone else, looking up at Kieran.
Farooqi smiles grimly. "I hope my son gets here soon. Or perhaps he has already helped Lord Linscott deal with those sock puppeteers."

PRESENT: Charles Gavigan, Farooqi Al-Rassam, Kieran McLaughtery, Elena, Lily Gavigan, Johannes Sprech, Mr. & Mrs. Roby.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena listens to Farooqi and Kieran, hoping to hear more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I wonder what's delaying the show," mutters Lily before turning back to Elena with a smile. "He does seem like a nice man. I'm happy for you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Lily," says Elena. "I'm not sure why the show hasn't started yet, but going by what those two gentlemen are saying, it sounds like it may have something to do with Lord Linscott. The show is already half an hour overdue, and the bar closes in another half hour, so it sounds as though it won't happen tonight."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Lord Linscott? I don't believe I've met the man, but he sounds like someone important." Lily shrugs and looks over at the bar. "What a shame. I was curious to know how they were going to portray 'the romantic misery of the aristocratic classes' with sock puppets."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena displays an amused grin. "Yes, I was interested to see that too," she says. "I've never met Lord Linscott either, nor do I know who he is. The name sounds English, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, France, 23:45
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. A bartender works his magic at the bar which stands on one side of the car (closest to the door to the Lounge Car), with a pianist playing piano at the other end of the car alongside a gap about as wide as it is long which is used as an impromptu dance floor on occasion by those enjoying the bar.

Charles Gavigan, a gentleman in an expensive suit, remains on his bar stool with Johannes Sprech.

Farooqi Al-Rassam sits on a couch furthest away from everyone else, looking up at Kieran.
Farooqi mutters in a low voice that one can still easily hear now that the pianist is playing a low tune. "It seems he has dealt with them ... I'm impressed."
Mr. Roby rises to his feet. "I apologise. I had arranged for my children to put on a play for your enjoyment but it seems that they have been delayed." He glances Farooqi's way. "We'll have to adjourn to tomorrow, perhaps after lunch? I must go." With that he heads out into the Lounge Car.
The German fellow stubs out a cigarette in an ash tray at the bar counter.
German Conversation,"I'm surprised that the lord went to the trouble of stopping that play. I wonder if he knew a bit more about it than I would have assumed? I must make a point to meet this lord."
PRESENT: Charles Gavigan, Farooqi Al-Rassam, Kieran McLaughtery, Elena, Lily Gavigan, Johannes Sprech, Mr. & Mrs. Roby.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good night," says Elena as Mr. Roby leaves. She turns to Lily. "Well, this is probably a good time to turn in, but I want to see Wolfgang first. I wonder what's been keeping him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Must be a very riveting conversation with Mr. Parker," Lily says with a nod. "Are you inviting me to come along?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course you're welcome to come with me," says Elena with a smile. She stands up and leads the way back to the Lounge Car. "Let's go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily smiles back, gets up from her seat, and turns to give her brother a brief wave goodbye before following Elena.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Cecil walks over to Herr Sprech and Charles Gavigan, "Good evening again, apparently the puppet show's been postponed until tomorrow. But I'm still interested in Miss Shefira Roash's collection; as are my friends here; Mr Amadi Al-Rassam and Mr. Charles Belanger. Charles, Amadi, Mr Gavigan, the archeologist chappy I was telling you about. And Herr Sprech." He stops, seemingly puzzled for a moment, "I'm sorry Herr Sprech, I can't remember what line you are in? Wasn't it manufacturing; preserves, jams and marmalade, that kind of thing?" He asks innocently.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, France, 00:00
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. A bartender works his magic at the bar which stands on one side of the car (closest to the door to the Lounge Car) while the pianist picks up his sheet music and closes the piano.
Charles Gavigan[/url], a gentleman in an expensive suit rises from his seat at the bar. "I'm very sorry, but that isn't something that can be arranged at this time. Perhaps tomorrow?" Heads toward the door of the Lounge Car and waits for his companion.
Johannes Sprech smiles at him. It's a cold, thin smile. "I'm an archaeologist as my father was. My current ventures generally lead me to Egypt. Regrettably I must return to my compartment as this Social Car is closing for the evening.
Farooqi Al-Rassam rises from the couch with a concerned look in his eye as he nervously waits for the other two men to leave so he could approach his son.

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Of course, maybe we can meet over breakfast?" Cecil bows his head as the two men depart. "Goodnight and sweet dreams!"He calls after them. Once they have left he leads Amadi and Charles over to Farooqi.

Return to “Social Cars”