Smoking Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Smoking Car

Post by Kadael »

The door to the Lounge Car opens and Lily walks in, white as a sheet, occasionally casting wide-eyed glances over her shoulder. She blinks at the bar stool where Mr. Gavigan previously sat before she notices him standing right there. "Oh. There you are. Are we going back now?"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Charles Gavigan nods. "Yes, Lily. Let's go to bed."

Charles Gavigan and Johannes Sprech leave.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily follows obediently.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Cecil watches them depart. "That young lady looks as if she's just seen a ghost." He frowns, thinking back to how he felt earlier and also wondering about the relationship between Gavigan and her; he's sure they weren't so closely connected earlier in the evening. He turns to Farooqui, "Sir, what's happened? You seem somewhat alarmed?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, France, 00:15
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. The bartender tidies the cups and seems quite content to let them take their time to leave.
Farooqi gives a pointed look in the bartender's direction. "I think that after all of this excitement it is time for us to finally get some sleep." Then he seems to remember himself and turns to introduce the men. "Lord Linscott, this is Mr. Kieran McLaughtery. Mr. McLaughtery, this is my son Farooqi, his friend from university, Lord Cecil Linscott and a newfound friend aboard the train. Mr....." He looks to Cecil to furnish him with a name.

PRESENT: Farooqi Al-Rassam, Bartender, Kieran McLaughtery, Amadi Al-Rassam, Charles and Cecil.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

... "Charles Belanger. Charles, this is Mr. Farooqui Al-Rassam, Amadi's father. A pleasure to meet you Mr. McLaughtery." He bows briefly to Keiran. "I agree sir. It's well past my bed time. Shall we retire to the sleeping cars, each peeling off to our slumber as we reach the cabins? " Cecil grins and then yawns rather theatrically. "'There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.'" If everyone is ready to leave he leads them towards their cabins.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Farooqi nods. "Agreed."

The group follows Cecil out into the Lounge Car, Kieran included.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, Germany, 10:55
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. The bartender tidies the cups and seems quite content to let Schiller cross without question, giving him little regard other than a raised eyebrow.

Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Yigcredible »

Gerhard Schiller enters the Smoking Car, coming from the Dining Car. Notably, he is alone. He very calmly finds an empty seat and retrieves a silk cigarette from a silver cigarette case, lighting it and taking a few deep drags.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, Germany, 12:05
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table.
Yigcredible,The bartender looks a little surprised to see him walk in from the Dining Car but he doesn't say anything ... instead he finishes cleaning one of the glasses and then checks the clock ... 11:10. Oddly enough there is sunlight coming in through the windows ... wasn't it 8PM the last time he'd looked? Or close to it? [b]Schiller's[/b] tummy growls. He hadn't even had the chance to eat! What happened last night? Had someone drugged him?
The bartender leaves the Dining Car briefly to head into the Lounge Car, he returns a few moments later.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena enters the car and finds a seat, hoping she has not missed the beginning of the puppet show.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, Germany, 12:20
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table.

Schiller sits in the Bar Car while the Roby family finish putting together their puppet show design, having pulled the pieces from a larger suitcase. Every so often, Mr. Roby looks around at the nearly empty Bar Car and sighs heavily. He clearly expected a larger group for the performance. In forty minutes, lunch will be starting. Will he even have enough time to stage the performance if he waits much longer?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena approaches Schiller and sits near him.
French,[color=darkred]"Good afternoon, [b]Doktor Schiller[/b],"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"How are you doing?"[/color] She glances over at the puppet stage. [color=darkred]"It appears the puppet show has been delayed yet again."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters, looking somewhat troubled. His face clears considerably as he sees Elena and moves to sit by her, nodding a greeting to Schiller.
English YES-FINALLY!!!,[dice]0[/dice]
"I'm terribly sorry to be late, have I missed anything?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You've missed nothing," says Elena, smiling to see Wolfgang. "The puppet show appears to have been delayed again. I think they're waiting for more people to show up. How did things go with Mr. Parker and that other fellow?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

He looks around and the rather empty car and smiles.

"I don't think we'll get more people than this here either way."

He frowns, obviously not too happy about what happened in the other car.

"The meeting was rather awkward and I'm not sure if it was worth the bother. Khan, the German-speaking man, accused Parker of shadowing him and Parker just denied. Then they just phased out and stared at each other."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Strange," says Elena. "Well, if they don't start the show soon, they won't have enough time. Lunch will be served before too much longer." She takes out her cigarette holder and places a cigarette in it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang shrugged.

"I don't know if I'd mind terribly, I'm famished."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, we still have about forty minutes left to wait," says Elena, checking her watch. "They don't start serving until one." She holds out her cigarette or a light.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang smiles.

"Well, I hope for them it's a short show then."

He took out a match and struck it, holding it out to Elena.

Return to “Social Cars”