Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena squeezes back.
Russian,[color=darkred]"Interesting is not always a good thing,"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"Be careful, Comrade. I look forward to seeing you again."[/color]
Elena heads into the Bar Car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

The erratic German looks between the two of his new "companions" trying to determine if either is trustworthy. After a moment, he decides that time is somewhat short and worriedly nods.
German,Yes, yes. Fine. The sooner this man can answer me why and how he's been spying on me the better!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Germany, 12:20
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze.

An Italian couple talking quietly in Italian and an American couple speaking in American accents - well the husbands speaks firmly and the wife makes noncommittal sounds - enter the Lounge Car corridor on the way to the Bar Car. The American clears his throat at the blockage in the corridor, indicating that the Germans standing together should separate from the centre aisle and let them pass.

Current occupants include Madamoselle Nico Dubois, Mr. Parker, Lily Gavigan, Crazy Person, and Wolfgang.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang frowns

German,[color=#4000BF]Spying? Are you sure? Those are dangerous allegations in these times.[/color]

He then turns back to Jonathan.

"This man wants knowing if you keeping an eye on him."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

German,Perhaps it is an early allegation, but his "friend" certainly has been.
Khan seems to be getting more and more anxious.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang waves his hand invitingly.
German,Please, take a seat, there is no need for all this standing about. And pray tell, which friend are you referring to?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

German,If you insist on performing this in public,I suppose I have no reason to refuse-my room has proven incapable of privacy, anyway.
Khan takes a seat and attempts to relax.
German,...I need some tea...
German,I sincerely apologise for my behaviour. Please, give me a moment to collect my composure.
Khan puts his head in his hands.
OOC:   I'm currently in the process of moving, so my posting rate may be even further slowed.  
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang waves down the waiter (if he's around) and orders some tea.

He smiles kindly at the Stranger.
German,Please, take your time, but do tell, how should I address you? I am [b]Wolfgang Ritter[/b].
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

German,My name is Khan. I am an amateur author. And Mr. Roby seems to know of my work, despite it never having left my sight- never published, never even transferred to other books.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

German:,A [b]Khan [/b]and a writer?
Wolfgang smiles again.
German,The great [b]Genghis [/b]wouldn't be entirely amused, I would reckon. I taught Literature at the University of Munich, but that was before the naz... Anyway, I've just gotten back from Spain and am travelling through Europe. I don't know Mr. [b]Roby [/b]very well, I've only met him yesterday, but he seems to have a penchant for the occult and mystical.
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Khan smiles
German,No, I'm afraid no relation to the conqueror. Parents were a fan, wanted me to go out and conquer my life you might say.
Khan smiles with nostalgia, before returning to his serious manner.
German,The occult, you say? Possible implications are unpleasant... fine then, tell me all you may politely detail I'm public. I do not wish yo sound paranoid, but... I fear him. No man should know a stranger so well unless they had reason- rarely of anything but mal intent
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang shrugs apologetically.
German,"I am afraid there is little more to say, as I said, I only made his acquaintance yesterday. He is here with his wife and children. I believe they are to start a puppet show any moment now in the next carriage. Perhaps we should repair there and then you may see with your own eyes?"
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

German,Him and his family are going to be preoccupied? I might partake, but he suggested I speak to a Parker- I'd rather like to do that first.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

German,It looks like [b]Parker[/b]'s nodded off.

Wolfgang nudges Parker and asks:

"This man want knowing why you shadow him."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Lord Cecil and Farooqui pass quickly through the lounge.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

"I'm shadowing who, now?" Parker asks.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"This man." Wolfgang indicates Khan, the guy sitting with them at the table.

"He saying you have been follow him."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

"If so, that is not my intended goal. I have never even seen this man before he came into this train, nevertheless."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I shall telling him."

Wolfgang turns to Khan and relays in the finest German:
German,"[color=#BF0000]He says he has never seen you before you came on this train and that any suspicion of him observing you is entirely incidental.[/color]"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang frowned deeply as he looked at the two phased men. He got up from his seat, straightened his jacket and said in both English and German.

"I'm glad to have been of service, if you are in further need of a translator you need but ask."

With that, he took off and made for the smoking car.

Return to “Social Cars”