Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

"Well that door does lead into the bar car," Nico adds helpfully. "The dining car is one car in."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

"Well, I suppose," Jonathan nods. "I just don't like bartenders."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

German,"[color=#0000FF]The pleasure is all mine, [b]Fraulein Altukhov[/b] - I am sure that the films you will make will bring glory to the Reich and and show the world that we are correct and it is they who are wrong. Thank you for your kind words about my humble work, I had assumed that it was unnoticed in Berlin because of its speculative nature - hopefully my further research will make it more concrete.[/color]" He is suspicious of [b]Heydrich's[/b] motivation for being onboard, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4665599/]attempt to read his body language and tone...[/url] [ooc]Not sure what my Psychology score is as I don't have a sheet but I'm assuming a 55 is a failure.[/ooc]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Germany, 9:40
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. As the train sits quietly at the station, the lounge car seems strangely sad and disturbed, as though it had been abandoned and cut off from all the world around it.
German,"Your efforts fascinate me," he says. "Although I work in medical research I find archaeological findings that would connect us to the greatest parts of the region would be a thrilling find. It may even help us in our particular sub-section.... Though I step off in Vienna, have no fear ... we will be watching your affairs quite closely with a glass of champagne ever ready for the news. I have heard many grand things of your expedition's potential. Grand things, indeed. On that note, do you know who rides in the Private Car? No, of course not. It is no less than Fraulein Shefira Roasch, an Egyptian woman, though no mere Arab. It has been said her lineage traces back to the true Egyptians who raised the pyramids themselves and I quite agree with that statement. All one need do is meet her to see that she is no mere negress. I would, of course, extend an invitation for you to meet her? She is intensely private but I'm sure that we can find some way to accommodate a meeting, wouldn't you say?"
Gerhard,you assumed correctly. You just miss that roll.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan looks up and out the window, almost by instinct. He could not shake the feeling that something was... horribly... wrong.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,The Heydrich spoiler was meant to be simply a German language spoiler for those who can read it.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Bartenders in general?" Elena asks Jonathan. "Or that one in particular?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

The door to the Jeanette Sleeping Car opens, and Lily Gavigan strolls in. Her clothing is less dramatically dark than yesterday, but she still appears as a walking, talking anachronism. She catches sight of Elena, and her eyes light up, but she waits a second before speaking. "Good morning, everyone--Elena, Mr. Parker, lovely to see you both."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Morning, Lady Gavigan," Parker mutters out.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good morning, Lady Lily," says Elena with a warm smile. "I hadn't known you were nobility. Did you sleep well?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Really, I have no idea what Mr. Parker is talking about--I'm certainly no Lady," says Lily, "although if my brother has his way, I will be soon enough." She plasters a grin across her face and forces a laugh that dies away too quickly. Her eyes wander, until she happens to glance at Nico, at which point she hurriedly turns back to Elena and fidgets with her hat.

"Hmm? Oh, did I sleep well? I'm afraid I don't travel much, so this time away from home has been... a little difficult." She shrugs. "Did you?"
Keeper,[i](internal screaming)[/i]
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something about Lily's reaction seems to draw a light and low laugh from the German's friend before she returns her attention to the two gentlemen standing in the aisle and speaking in German.
Nico seems bewildered by Svetlana's titter, and a little annoyed because she seems to have missed the joke -- whatever that may be.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not really," Elena tells Lily. "I had an unusual dream last night, and I've discovered I'm not the only one. Did you have one too?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily's eyes flick in Svetlana's direction, and she colors visibly. "I don't think I slept long enough to dream, or I just don't remember. How unusual, though? Did you have the same dream as the others who dreamed?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, we all had different dreams," says Elena. "That would have been even more bizarre. But Mr. Parker dreamed that the train and all of us aboard it were lost in time forever, and our archaeologist friend thinks we've been on this train for days already when we only left Paris last night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Kind of strange we all had strange dream about time, no?" Parker says.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"That is very strange! Maybe you were all visited by some spirit out of time. I'm almost jealous."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think all of our dreams were about time," says Elena. "Lily, count yourself lucky you didn't have a dream last night. It was a very disturbing experience."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

German,The archaeologist could feel the prickle of embaressment creep up his next in a most uncomfortable manner at the officers remarks about watching his work closely. He is intrigued by the offer to meet the Egyptian beauty though. "[color=#0000FF]Herr Heyrich, it would be an honour to meet with Fraulein Shefira Roasch whenever you can find it convenient[/color]".
Gerhard keeps one ear to the conversations about dreams going on behind him and begins to wonder what exactly he is going to do if the SS every discover the truth...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Germany, 9:55
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. As the train sits quietly at the station, the lounge car seems strangely sad and disturbed, as though it had been abandoned and cut off from all the world around it.
German,"You can be assured of it. She is a keen historian with an eye on her own nation - despoiled as it is by Arabs - and I am sure she would be interested in meeting you just as she has been an eager financier of [b]Herr Johannes Sprech[/b]. Do you know of him? He is a skilful archaeologist, son of a more famous man of the same name who worked with the Clive Expedition in nineteen twenty ... five, I believe? They excavated at Memphis and somehow managed to lose a mummy due to the bungling efforts of a drunk Dutchman called Van-Something-Or-Other. [b]Herr Sprech[/b] is a renowned hieroglyphics expert like his father. Have you met him yet? He is aboard this very train. Perhaps we should rouse him and continue our conversation?"
Gerhard,you have not met Johannes Sprech.

Return to “Social Cars”