Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena can't see what Belanger is doing or what the doctor does, as the car is just too crowded. She stays near Wolfgang, ready to help if needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang frowned as he saw confirmed on Schiller's papers what he'd already suspected. He let out an audible sigh, expressing less than appreciation for the man's sympathies and looked at the assembly, addressing them in English thick with a German accent.

"Regardless of who he iz, ve can not leave him here, yes? I vill help bring him back to his cabin. I suggest ze doctor come along unt Elena helps vith ze doors, zere iz no need for ze entire train to come alonk."
Spot Hidden roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Psychology roll,[dice]1[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"By Jove! Did you see that?" Cecil looks up from espying the man's wallet contents and watches Schiller's face, aghast. "Something really isn't right with this fellow; look how his face moves, it ain't canny. I'll help you take him back to his compartment." Cecil says to Wolfgang, unwilling to release Schiller into the Russian's care, "Just a tick." He holds Amadi's arm and leads him down the aisle a little way before murmuring in a low voice,
Amadi,[color=#0000BF]"Come with me, we need to talk after I've dropped Schiller; there is something seriously odd going on. Oh, and the French filly is not attached to the doctor as we first thought." He shrugs. "But I rather think this German may provide some interest."[/color]
He looks into Amadi's eyes for a moment, wishing they could talk further, and then returns to the Doctor to help him and Wolfgang lift Schiller into a standing position and lead him away.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Standing too far back to see anything, but responding to the comments, Michael pushes frorward to where the doctor is assisting the patient to his feet,
"May I be of assistance doctor? I have little practical knowledge of medicine, but am fully aware of the fact that the best medicine is often the word of the Lord"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The Lounge Car aisle is reasonably wide and could allow two people to guide the fellow if they both stood side by side behind him. Unfortunately, a quick thought about the Sleeping Car aisle reveals that all won't be so lucky. People could certainly follow in an orderly line but a line it will be. The sleeping car compartments could only fit four people standing if they all squished in though a fifth person laying down wouldn't be such a problem. Luckily the conductors would have turned all the couches into beds by this point so it shouldn't be too onerous to put him into a lying position.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Raziel »

"As I have feared. He may be having a seizure. Very well very carefully carry the man single file. When we have him in his bed I shall administer a muscle relaxant, that should help it pass."
He directs to pointing to Wolfgang followed by Cecil. "You take his head carrying him under the arms and you carry his feet, we will have to do this single file in the passenger cars. Young madam." He says directing to Elena. "Go on a head and warn the porters to clear our passage for this poor man."

"Oh and priest, you may pray for him if you wish. I am never one to deny a man an extra prayer or two."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Cecil takes Schiller's feet. "Absolutely fine with me, his visage is a tad unnerving; his feet are less spooky. Lead on Sir, I am bound to follow!" He says to Wolfgang.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

"Of course doctor" Michael produces a small rosary from his pocket, "Does anyone know the man, and whether he is of the faith or not?"

He looks directly at the Englishman, Cecil, "Did you by chance find anything of relevance amongst his papers?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang grabs Schiller under the arms and follows Elena's lead to the German's cabin, not wasting much breath on idle banter.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Schiller slumps in their arms as a dead weight. Luckily he was seen getting onto the Yennifer Sleeping Car which is the first car hooked onto this one. Otherwise it might have been a painfully long walk.

Amadi nods at Cecil but otherwise says nothing, content to sit down on one of the chairs to get out of the way and seeming confused by the sudden turn of events.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Chalons-sur-Marne, 21:41
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. It’s a perfect place to read by day, enjoy cocktails before dinner and a nightcap after dinner though the Bar Car works for a more active form of drinking. There is no smoking allowed in the Lounge Car. That is the province of the Bar Car. Occasionally a staff member may pass through this car to see if there is a need for any drinks, mostly coffee or tea, or anything else to keep people comfortable. Some people take their breakfast in this room rather than in their compartments or prefer to take a snack or light meal in this car. The teak wall panelling, inlaid with rosewood, are suffused with the scents and memories of bygone days. The carved scrolls, cornices, and scallops at the friezes and borders, are adorned with gilded metal flowers and that reach up but never reach the arched ceilings.

Cecil has hardly a chance to respond to the priest as Wolfgang starts guiding Schiller further down the aisle. The man is clearly a heavy weight. A dead weight. Elena strides down the aisle first, opening the door to the Yennifer Sleeping Car. As the group leaves, those left behind look around at themselves in a far more empty car.

There is a pretty Frenchwoman now sitting on her own who gazes up prettily at the Arabic gentleman before starting to re-set the table that Bedel had cleared with a quiet, "Well." There's also a friendly-seeming older woman sitting at the other table who seem pretty welcoming. The Arabic-looking gentleman still stands in the aisle, scratching his head and looking thoughtful. He clasps something at his chest, frowns, then shakes his head as though rejecting some notion that has occured to him. Charles takes a seat in front of the pretty Frenchwoman though he has his legs in the aisle as though ready to get up at any point.

The train conductor enters the Smoking Car and says in a clear yet polite voice, "Attention, we are pulling into Chalons-sur-Marne train station. Attention, we are pulling into Chalons-sur-Marne station." He continues on to the sleeping car unless halted, seeming content to let the men continue their business. Moments later there's a light squeal of brakes as the train begins to slow its speeds on approach to the train station.

PRESENT: Charles Belanger, Nico Dubois, Caroline Roby, Amadi Al-Rassam.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

Jonathan Parker, a middle aged man with perfectly combed hair, hypnotizing blue-grey eyes, and wearing a suit enters the Lounge.

"Good day," he says to the gathered people before taking a seat by the window close to the old woman.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nico gives him a cool look, clearly anxious to be doing something, before hopping up off her seat with a quick, "Bonjour", and heading off into the Bar Car.
"It seems she likes your Linscott," says Belanger, catching Amadi's eye. "Where do you think he'll be off to?"
Amadi shrugs.
"Loquatious, aren't you?" asks Belanger

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Parker raised an eyebrow at the woman leaving, but thought nothing of it. He turned to the Roby instead.

"Do you travel often?" Parker said. He tilt his head slightly away, presenting the lady with more of his profile, before correcting himself. "I do apologize, where are my manners... Captain Parker at your service, madam."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, a few times," says Mrs. Roby with a clear Irish accent. "Always with my husband though where he is now I couldn't say. He should be back any moment." She pauses, staring into his vivid blue eyes for a moment. "I say! Are you a mesmerist? You jolly well could be with those eyes."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh, unfortunately not, madam. I have never learned the mystic arts, although that would certainly be an interesting career," Parker said, tilting his head at an odd angle. "But a frequent traveller like me as well! Pleasure to meet you madam, although I do not believe that we have met in our travels yet."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, no, I would have remembered," says Mrs. Roby. "I am sure I would have! So what brings you to this most dangerous crossing during these most dangerous of times?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"A long lost love... and closure, Mrs. Roby. Closure." His eyes briefly wanders out the window before refocusing.

"But I will not burden you with the details of my story. How about you, Mrs. Roby? What brings you and your husband out to such a place at this time?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Excitement, really," says Mrs. Roby. "And also because this is likely to be our last chance to go to Istanbul to pick up some rather exotic books that were banned and burned in both Great Britain and France."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh?" Parker says, raising an eyebrow. "Sounds like quite an adventure! What kind of books are you looking for and why would the governments of two nations ban it? Pardon me for asking."

Return to “Social Cars”