Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Airbornexo »

German,"[color=#0000FF]Indeed no, I've never met with Herr Sprech, I am however an admirer of his writings. Particularly the work on the early Naqada cultures in Egypt. I should very much enjoy spending time with him[/color]" He gulps '[color=#008000]Typical a big shot comes along to spoil my thunder![/color]' he broods as he speaks opposite pleasantries. He still has the glimmer of a thought of that staircase in the forest that he just cannot shake. "[color=#0000FF]Perhaps he would like to dine with us all later and he can share some of his tales of adventure. I'm sure my friends here would be thrilled with some more erudite conversation than I can muster.[/color]"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

German,"Then it is decided," he says, then checks his watch. "It is close to the appointed time for my meeting with her. If you come with me, I will ask if our lady in the private car would like you to join us. You would then have an opportunity to meet with everyone of merit on this train. The Slav can remain here."
The German fellow rises, gives a stiff heel-tapping bow to the lady he was sitting with, and then with a final look at Schiller starts for the door. The beautiful woman with him seems content to remain in her seat.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"Well," Jonathan says, nodding towards the beautiful woman. "Do you speak English, perchance?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman turns his way with a sly smile. "Please, sit. It will be easier to speak over a table rather than an aisle."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,Casual Flirt Roll: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4684766/[/url] Let me flip the tables on you, Laraqua :twisted:
Jonathan nods curtly and does as asked. "You know, I was truly, truly surprised when those SS men boarded this train," Jonathan says, beaming his best smile. "But not as surprised as I was when I saw that man walk in with such a beautiful lady such as yourself. Excuse me, where are my manners? My name is Jonathan, Jonathan Parker," he extends his hands. "Nice to meet you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena rolls her eyes when Jonathan starts chatting up the beautiful woman. certain that the other woman will be able to see through him. She observes them, interested to see how this will play out.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She arches an eyebrow, still the very picture of poise though she leans forward slightly as she speaks. "I am Svetlana Altukhov," she says. "And it is very interesting the sort of people you meet aboard trains such as this one. Where people are coming from, where are they going.... Tell me, Mr Parker, where is your final destination?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan withdraws his hand, not breaking his smile. "Well, in life, or just on this train?"

"I jest, I jest," he says, chuckling. "Well, I was thinking of going to Turks. I have never seen Istanbul before in my life-I've heard that it was a sight to behold. Have you lived in Germany for a long time, Miss Altukhov? "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I have only recently arrived by way of Britain," says Svetlana. "I considered going over to the United States to see my way through Hollywood but I have found most Americans to be terrible bores. You are no bore, are you Mr. Parker?" She says the last with a teasing note of her own, very subtle and slight and almost knowing.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"What makes you say that?" Jonathan says, smile unbreaking. He leans forward as well. "I was actually wondering if I should go to the Americas next. They are terrible bores? Saddening."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She waves her hand airily. "Too loud and too little mystery. I find that in all of Europe it is the Germans who have the most mystery." She gazes at him through lowered lashes, seemingly coy, before reaching for the coffee one of the waitors have brought for her. "Do you have many mysteries, Mr. Parker?"
Seon,feeling very table flippy? And yes, don't worry ... this is what happens when that dice roll works.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan chuckles, seemingly suppressing a laughter. "Oh my, my," he says. "That certainly explains why you chose to work in Germany. Not sure if I agree with that statement, however. Germans can be very simple people, I feel. Nay, I would say my favorite kind of people is my fellow British."

He turns to look at Lily. "We may be the most overbearing, old fashioned, condescending, and rude people who simply assumes that they are more intelligent than anyone else in the world," he turns to look back at Svetlana. "But they indeed have this... Special charm... About them. They are quite a special people indeed. Many of them speak French, for instance, like most of us that travels around much."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana simply smiles. "Go on."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"I don't think so," Jonathan says, not breaking his smile. "I'm far more interested in you, a slavic actress in Aryan-loving Germany after all, and my story is...well, nothing special to be honest. You say you arrived by way of Britain? Where did you stay before moving here?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana's smile widens a little to show some bright white even teeth. "I have always found that those who declare themselves nothing special so often have something special about them. As for myself, I am exceedingly special ... utterly unique ... and thus have little to say on the matter." She pauses. "I have been in Germany for the past few months after having been discovered in London by a German director. They say I would make the perfect femme fatale. I am not so sure but perception is key and the audience will forever be the final judge." She pauses just long enough to draw attention from any listening ear before continuing.... "I have made the acquaintance of Herr Heydrich while discussing a possible dramatization of the Aryan reality, so to speak. He insisted on accompanying me as he were already coming through this way. I find that there is no safer place than by a distinguished SS officer's side." Her smile has a hint of dramatic irony, but that might just be to appease the anti-Nazi folks one would likely assume would be present in this carriage.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan Parker briefly raises an eyebrow at this odd response, puts two and two together, and comes up with nothing in particular as per usual and shrugs his shoulder.

"Well, I have always found that the safest place for a cat from the dogs is to be next to a great wolf," Jonathan says.

"Speaking of which, how is Mr. Heydrich like? Was he onboard the train when he heard the explosions?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana looks amused. "He was on the platform when those little explosives went pop-pop-pop. He sent his underling to investigate but they found nothing. It is said that those explosives sounded just like the ones used to halt the train and warn of danger on the rails." She drops her voice to a murmur.
Listen check unless you're Parker,"It is said that there are three such explosives missing from this train."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Listen check unless Svetlana,And here I thought it was some kind of sick prank. Do you know if anything else went missing in the train?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana seems almost disappointed. "Not that I have heard...."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Well," Jonathan says, grinning. "Then I'm not sure if I should be really concerned about the matter. Perhaps this entire thing was just an unfortunate accident and a train yard personnel made a mistake but..." He chuckles. "Call me paranoid, but I doubt it. Crazier things have happened in the train so far."

"Well, I'm sure Mr. Heydrich or the German authorities shall find the truth regarding the matter soon anyways. I've heard that they were terribly efficient."

Return to “Social Cars”