Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's all right," says Elena in a soothing tone. "I know you fought bravely and did all you could."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang looks Elena deep in the eyes and with a sad smile on his lips he says:

"But it vas not enough. Ve zought if ve von, ...", he struggles with the words for a moment, "Ze ghost of ze Revolution vould cover Europe, but now zat of ze Fascists vill."

He lets out a pained sigh, you can almost see him thinking about the lives lost in the Spanish War, and then he adds:

"But many zank you for kind vurds."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome," says Elena, "but do not give up hope. The fight is not over; it is just getting underway. The Fascists will lose in the end. It is a historical inevitability."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Paris, 19:00
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. It’s a perfect place to read by day, enjoy cocktails before dinner and a nightcap after dinner though the Bar Car works for a more active form of drinking. There is no smoking allowed in the Lounge Car. That is the province of the Bar Car. Occasionally a staff member may pass through this car to see if there is a need for any drinks, mostly coffee or tea, or anything else to keep people comfortable. Some people take their breakfast in this room rather than in their compartments or prefer to take a snack or light meal in this car. The teak wall panelling, inlaid with rosewood, are suffused with the scents and memories of bygone days. The carved scrolls, cornices, and scallops at the friezes and borders, are adorned with gilded metal flowers and that reach up but never reach the arched ceilings.

The Train Manager walks over to the four passengers sitting on either side of the aisle and doffs his hat. "Excuse me Monsieurs, Mademoselles, the Dining Car is now open for the first service. In consideration of our more intimate number of guests we are delighted to offer you the opportunity to enjoy either first or second service, depending upon whether you would prefer to dine now or at eight thirty."
An Arabic gentleman enters the Lounge Car and continues on his way through to the Dining Car.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Mouchinator »

Charles puts down his book and corks his bottle of wine. He stands up from his chair and buttons his jacket and straightens his tie. Pausing, with his hand on the neck of the bottle, he speaks to his newly met companions. In his perfect English he says: "I am famished and believe I will see what is on offer in the dining car. Perhaps we might consider this conversation later in the evening? Perhaps cocktails in the bar car?"

With that, Charles exits to the dining car with his Rousseau tucked under his arm and the bottle of wine in his hand. To the American, Charles offers a slight nod in greetings as he passes.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang agrees to the cocktail invitation for later on and nods a farewell in Charles's direction. He then turns to his two remaining fellow passengers.

"Many apolowgies, I have soured ze conversation. Please, if you vant eating, do not mind me, I have not ze appetite for ze hungry, right now."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was my fault for bringing up the subject," says Elena. "I would like to eat now, but I hope we can talk again later. It was nice to meet you." She rises and heads for the Dining Car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"It iz my fondest vish."

Wolfgang gives Elena a kind smile as she leaves and can't help but let his eyes linger for a moment.

He then turns to look at the cowboy and says, with an almost equally cordial smile:

"And you, I zinking you are Americaner, no?"
jdd2035
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by jdd2035 »

Johnny nodded and replied "I'm a born an raised Texican." The realizing that not even every body in America recognized that statement he added "Yes i'm an American. C'mon lets find us some viddles." With that Johnny started making his way towards the dining car as he passed the Train Manager he asked "Think yall can tell me who's in the private car? Movie star?"
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Although Wolfgang had the hardest time making out the man's words, he thought he could interpret their meaning just right. Inspired by the Texan's easy-going ways, he got up from his chair and picked up his book and notepad and followed the big cowboy.

"Ah, vy not, maybe just ze liddle nibbling, nein?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I'm sorry, Monsieur, she has requested privacy for now but I am sure you will have the opportunity to meet her soon," said the Train Manager, doffing his cap as he passed them.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm glad you are able to join us after all," says Elena, looking back. "Perhaps we can all continue to sit together." She leads the way into the Dining Car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Paris, 19:45
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. It’s a perfect place to read by day, enjoy cocktails before dinner and a nightcap after dinner though the Bar Car works for a more active form of drinking. There is no smoking allowed in the Lounge Car. That is the province of the Bar Car. Occasionally a staff member may pass through this car to see if there is a need for any drinks, mostly coffee or tea, or anything else to keep people comfortable. Some people take their breakfast in this room rather than in their compartments or prefer to take a snack or light meal in this car. The teak wall panelling, inlaid with rosewood, are suffused with the scents and memories of bygone days. The carved scrolls, cornices, and scallops at the friezes and borders, are adorned with gilded metal flowers and that reach up but never reach the arched ceilings.

No one is currently in the Lounge Car.

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Dominic made his way into the Lounge Car, which was deserted for the most part, save those staff members that may pass through while on duty. He gazed at the comfort afforded the guests in this car and made a mental note to come back to this one to read, and have his morning meals, and possibly tea before bed time. The car was clean, inviting, and had no stench of tobacco, but was filled with the scents of fine hardwoods and flowers, all canvassed with an arched ceiling of masterwork quality. He remarked to himself as he strolled past the comfortable looking seating, of how fine the rectory would be if such adornment were allowed, but if one were to remain humble, one would not have such luxuries. leaving this car and onto the next he continued his slow walk. He felt thirsty and a bit hungry now. He hoped that the Dinning car would be just as inviting or at least better than that corridor...
Moved into the Dining Car,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=4223&start=20]Dining Car[/url]
Dominic Pius,[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9a744e86-6041-4877-9939-8b09618a763f_zps1aa96268.jpg~original[/img] Dominic Pius,Ph.D., Reverend-Professor of Psychology, Boston College on Holiday Description: Male, Age 38, 5'8" Tall, 165 lb., Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, wears modest attire Demeanor: Mild mannered, speaks little among strangers, always polite, good listener
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Paris, 20:00

There is a middle-aged man and young woman sitting in the Lounge Car. The man quietly reads the New York Times while the woman fills in a crossword puzzle.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Raziel »

Fernand enters the car and finds a place to read his German news paper.
Last edited by Raziel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh look, I wonder if that fainting lady delayed him and prevented him from enjoying the First Dinner Service just as your preparations delayed us too long to attend it," said the man with an American accent, flicking his newspaper crossly. The light off the overhead lights glints off his wedding ring.
She gazes up at him. "I am very sorry about that, George."
"Hmm." He flicks the edge of his newspaper once more. "Well, Nora, you know what I always say about apologies."
"It is best to be correct than to be sorry." She gives him a sad look. "I really didn't mean to spoil our first night aboard this train. Oh George, I was hoping for us to have such a splendid time. I'm sure the Second Service will be really quite spiffing. There's bound to be all sorts of people...."
"Most people appear to already be in the Dining Car," said George. "I shouldn't be surprised if we'll be the only people enjoying the Second Service. And such a lost opportunity to really get to know people! By the time they wander out they will already have found their connections. I will be starting one foot behind and you know what I say about that, Nora."
"Preparation and early involvement is the key to success," said Nora, looking quite pensive. "I really didn't think...."
"Now that is something to work on, isn't it?" he said coldly.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, France, 20:15

There is a middle-aged man and young woman sitting in the Lounge Car. The man speaks around his New York Times while the woman fills in a crossword puzzle.

There's also another man reading a newspaper not too far away from the couple.

A reasonably pretty young woman enters the Lounge Car and sits down directly opposite from the lone newspaper reading man. She moves silently enough that he doesn't hear her and doesn't seem to notice that she's there. She then pulls out her lipstick and a small hand mirror from her handbag, touching up her bright red lips with a smirk on her face. It will certainly be interesting when the lone man lowers his newspaper and suddenly spots her there.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Raziel »

Fernand lowers his paper slightly observing the presumptuous woman who has taken up residence across from him.
French,Hello
He says before lifting his news paper once more.
Last edited by Raziel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, France, 20:30

There is a middle-aged man and young woman sitting in the Lounge Car. The man speaks around his New York Times while the woman fills in a crossword puzzle.

There's also another man reading a newspaper not too far away from the couple who has a young woman sitting across from him.
"Oh, I'm sorry?" asked the woman in English, as though she were sincerely confused by his tone. "Was this seat taken?" She gives a cheeky little smile (not dissimilar from the one in the photograph) and says,
French,"Your French is quite good for a German. If I were not a native, I would have taken you for a Frenchman. I hope you don't fine me too rude coming to sit with you but you are a very attractive and very intriguing man and I simply could not resist coming over to make an impression. My name is Nico Dubois. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Return to “Social Cars”