Smoking Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Smoking Car

Post by Laraqua »

Piano Bar Car, France, 23:00
This sophisticate carriage contains a long bar staffed by a bartender at one end and it opens its doors at 10AM to allow entrance to the Dining Car if need be although it doesn't serve alcohol until midday at which point the bar remains open and staffed until midnight wherein guests can mingle, listen to music, dance, and drink either on stools at the bar or on long couches upholstered in brown that face each other over the central aisle with a polished mahogany coffee table between them and a set of lamps on tables between each couch to provide additional lighting on top of the dim overhead lighting if need be. The couches are quite comfortable and the room is always nicely warm. Oftentimes this carriage is filled with the heady scent of cigarette smoke and ashtrays are plentiful on each table. A bartender works his magic at the bar which stands on one side of the car (closest to the door to the Lounge Car), with a pianist playing piano at the other end of the car alongside a gap about as wide as it is long which is used as an impromptu dance floor on occasion by those enjoying the bar.

Nora and George Rimwald quietly rise and leave the smoking car in the direction of the sleeping cars, bidding the Pontarellis a good night.

Durante and Erminia Pontarelli seem to pay little attention to each other. Instead they are watching Magdelena Bartenstein, who nervously sits on her own, looking very forlorn and uncomfortable under the weight of their occasional stares.

Nafy Hijazi, Minoo Hijazi, Waleed Hijazi and Sulamen Hijazi leave the Smoking Car. The little girl yawns cutely as they go.

Charles Gavigan, a gentleman in an expensive suit, sits on a bar stool, talking to Johannes Sprech in German.
Sprech's German Language,"Do you think we should stop this before it begins?"

Gavigan's German Language,"This performance seems rather irrelevant to me. Let them have their fun. It will be interesting to see how those who remain react. Those who're leaving are lucky, I think. Perhaps they have enough insight to feel something coming?"

Farooqi Al-Rassam sits on a couch furthest away from everyone else, looking up at Kieran.
Farooqi looks around the room as though expecting performers to come out at any moment. "Have you noticed anything ... unusual about this train thus far? Anything that ... sticks ... in your mind?"
Roll Psychology,Farooqi looks both worried and unsure. He seems to want to believe Kieran that this is no big deal but someone's gotten him spooked.
PRESENT: Charles Gavigan, Farooqi Al-Rassam, Durante Pontarelli, Erminia Pontarelli, Kieran, Magdelena Bartenstein, Johannes Sprech.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
fox01313
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by fox01313 »

Kieran replies to Farooqi, "Well I was in a rush to get to the train before it left after a business contact failed to arrive on time in Paris, so these last few hours have been the one brief time where it's hasn't been hectic for me. This is my first time traveling on this train but aside from the slight amount of lightheaded feeling about the time I got to the corridor going to the sleeping car, I've not seen anything odd so far. Tell me, what have you noticed?"
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters the Smoking car with Elena Orloff on his arm, greets those present and looks for a suitable place to sit.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena smiles and says hello to the others in the car, and she also looks around for seats for their group. "We're in luck," she says, "the performance hasn't started yet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are plenty of couches about the place. The likeliest spot for the performance is probably beside the piano so their best bet would be to sit down around there. It seems most people didn't get the flyers about the performance because the place has mostly cleared out, leaving only a couple handful of folks to see the show. Then again everyone would get a chance to spot the flyers on their compartment doors as they go to bed so perhaps a few will return.
Listen Check for Anyone Other Than Kieran,[b]Farooqi's[/b] gaze lingers on the two German speakers at the bar a little too long before drifting back to Kieran. "I have seen a German archaeologist called [b]Schiller[/b] become catatonic for no reason I can see. Perhaps poison or a drug? Such an esteemed fellow is unlikely to suffer epilepsy and even the still and silent form of epilepsy doesn't last so long. One Slavic woman accosted another German - a doctor - in Latin before fainting dead away. These may be coincidences but in today's climate I think it best to be careful ... especially when we cross over the border into Germany."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena takes a seat near the piano. She can get a good view from here, but she can't hear all that much.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fox01313
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by fox01313 »

Kieran looks around the area to see if anything seems amiss to him, then he replies to Farooqi, "Thanks for the information & those events are a bit odd and something to get concerned about. One sounds more like some kind of shock which I've seen happen to people before in a fight where a friend of mine saw his brother get shot & the man was just standing there in shock for a while until we could snap him out of it as we couldn't save his brother. Maybe something about or on the train or this part of the country is just creating extra mental stress on everyone & it's just a matter of time? I've no clues yet on this but I'll definitely look around to see if it's something just on those people or something we all should watch for."
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang joins Elena by the piano.
Listen check,[dice]0[/dice]
Russian,Isn't that the man that foppish Brit was looking for?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russian,[color=darkred]"No, he was looking for the other one, [b]Amadi[/b],"[/color] replies [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"They do look alike, though. I think they are father and son. In any event, I told him that my best guess was that he was here, but he is not."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang smiles at Elena's comment.
Russian,Do you care for a drink while we wait?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russian,[color=darkred]"Thank you, I would,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"I'd like a brandy, please."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang goes over to the bar to order a brandy and a dry vermouth and then heads back to where Elena's sitting.

Russian:,[color=#0000BF]There you are. Cheers! To [b]Stranger[/b]s on trains![/color]
Last edited by DrPeterson on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena takes her glass and clinks it with Wolfgang's, grinning.
Russian,[color=darkred]"I'll drink to that!"[/color] she says. [color=darkred]"Na zdarovya!"[/color]
Elena raises her glass and takes a drink.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"Anybody in here a doctor?" asks Jonathan as he drags the conductor into the car. "This fellow does not seem to be in full control of his faculties."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Dr. Bedel is around somewhere," says Elena. "I last saw him in the first sleeping car, after he helped Herr Schiller back to his compartment."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"Thank you my lady," Jonathan Parker replies. "I think I'll just leave the man here. He has been muttering something about Yellow Sea lions and some stones in the corridor. I'm sure that he'll come to his senses...ehhh....eventually. I think. Just wanted to make sure that he did not harm himself in his stupor."

Jonathan Parker sets the conductor down on a seat and leaves.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang gets up and walks over to the conductor.

"You vere gutt to bringing him heres. Ve vill looking after ze conductor until you returning."

Wolfgang leans close to the conductor, listening to his breathing and checking his pulse.
First Aid roll-success,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena looks at the conductor, trying to see if she recognizes him.
OOC,Have I seen him before? Is he the conductor from the Jeanette sleeping car?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Monsier Stephane Thayer from the Jeanette Sleeping Car blinks blearily at them. "Unh, my head.... I have the most piercing head ache. I think I need to have a moment to sit down."
Wolfgang,he seems fine. His pupils are a little dilated though.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang frowns pensively.

"I fear you may having ze light concussions. May I examine ze scalp?"

Wolfgang starts feeling the man's head (if he concedes), his fingers running lightly over his skull to look for the bump he is expecting there to be.

"You should sitting down in ze darkness, ze pain in your head willing go away if you do so."

Return to “Social Cars”