Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

"It has been pretty amusing thus far."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"I am sure that it was," Parker says, getting up from the chair.

"Madam Roby, I would love to join you, your husband, and your friends for a light reading but I simply must explore this crazy train further. Perhaps I shall lasso up some gossip material on my way back."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The trio give Parker a friendly nod of farewell. People come and people go aboard the Orient Express.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

Parker moves towards the Dining Car.
fox01313
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by fox01313 »

Kieran proceeds through the lounge car on his way to the sleeping car. With a polite "good evening" or "pardon me" as he walks past people are going about their activities in the social car.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Chalons-sur-Marne, 21:45
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. It’s a perfect place to read by day, enjoy cocktails before dinner and a nightcap after dinner though the Bar Car works for a more active form of drinking. There is no smoking allowed in the Lounge Car. That is the province of the Bar Car. Occasionally a staff member may pass through this car to see if there is a need for any drinks, mostly coffee or tea, or anything else to keep people comfortable. Some people take their breakfast in this room rather than in their compartments or prefer to take a snack or light meal in this car. The teak wall panelling, inlaid with rosewood, are suffused with the scents and memories of bygone days. The carved scrolls, cornices, and scallops at the friezes and borders, are adorned with gilded metal flowers and that reach up but never reach the arched ceilings.

The train begins to pull out of the station with a slow, steady chugging as Parkour brushes past Kieran in the narrow aisle as a Bedel enters the Lounge Car from the Sleeping Car side. As they move through, the trio still sitting in the Lounge Car continue their conversation.
"I wonder what's taking them," said Mrs. Roby, her Irish accent telling in her voice. "And why that young Lord dashed off back into the Bar Car? Do you think they required some medicinal brandy?"
"For himself, perhaps?" asked Belanger. "Perhaps the fellow vomited."
"Oh, Belanger, must you mention such things?" she asks, chuckling gently. "Oh, I really mustn't laugh but, you know, I do hate Nazis." She pauses and looks over at Bedel, lowering her voice to a stage whisper so that Belanger can still hear (and so can anyone else). "I really mustn't say that, really, not this side of Germany."

PRESENT: Charles Belanger, Caroline Roby, Amadi Al-Rassam.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Kadael »

"May I open my eyes now?" Lily asks as she and Charles enter the car.
Last edited by Kadael on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yes, you may," says Charles.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily raises her head and takes a look around, silently marveling at the pretty architecture. She watches the trio with wide and curious eyes, then quickly begins walking toward the Smoking Car.
Last edited by Kadael on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Raziel »

Dr Bedel reenters the lounge car as Ms Roby makes her comment. A stering of anger streaks across his face, but he seems to steel himself. He simply walks past and says "You and me both madam." Before taking up his former place in his chair. He takes a final look at the German newspaper he was reading, before opening his window and tossing it out. He then proceeds to the bar car in irritation.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang enters the car with a rather distracted Elena on his arm. He guides her up to the trio and places her in one of the chair opposite the aisle. A rather concerned look is in his eyes as he watches the Russian woman scribble frantically away on the notepad.
Russian,[color=#0000BF]Dear Lena, what are you writing down? A sudden bout of inspiration? Is it for your travel log?[/color]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena blinks and seems to come to her senses.
Russian,[color=darkred]"I guess you could say it was inspiration,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"It just suddenly came over me after I saw that flyer, but I'm all right now."[/color]
She glances down at the paper to see what she has written.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Quoted in Russian on the notepaper,"Within the yelloww is the red truth of it the red heart of it the truth within the heart of it is unfolding from yellow into red like blood on the snow and in this place where those who care little and who enjoy their spoils of war of the war that will be coming shortly the war that will be demolishing Europe the war on which Russia is poised and yet we are all travelling all travelling and the sign has great meaning the sign of unity the sign of understanding and of comprehension and yet we all stand divided and we should be together we should all be together but we are apart and the sign stands between us by opening our eyes and revealing who are are inside and there are so many so many secrets aboard this train and some of those secrets will kill us for I see Ritter and Ritter is German and Ritter is passing through Germany and the Nazi Party do not stand for anyone who does not follow their swastika as though it were the crucifix before the Catholic faith and so there will be danger and trouble and soon we will be reaching the border and when we are there I do not know what I can do

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang smiles comfortingly at Elena and extends his hand toward the notepad.
Russian,May I have a look?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena nods in thanks to Wolfgang and shows him the page.
Russian,[color=darkred]"Of course,"[/color] says [b]Elena[/b]. [color=darkred]"I didn't even realize what I was writing as I was writing it. All of my worries just spilled out onto the paper."[/color]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

Dr Bedel walks in from the smocking car with a purposeful stride of irritation, before stopping and looking around at the pair of people speaking Russian. He then promptly and without warning sits down with them.

"Excuse me but so many people seem intent on spoiling my peace, that I thought I would see why so many on this train are keen on it. What is that you're speaking Russian? I don't know Russian. I assume you speak English."
French,But do you speak French?
German,Or German?
Latin,Or even better, please tell me you know Latin, it has been an awful long time since I have had a chance to practice my pronunciation.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The easiest place to sit would be across the aisle and in front of Mrs. Roby as each set of chairs is, regrettably, only in facing pairs. Luckily Mr. Roby, who had been about to sit down[/b], actually offers the chair facing his wife as Dr. Bedel approaches - correctly interpreting the man's need. Even so, he places his three books on the table between Mrs. Roby and Dr. Bedel, as well as a carved wooden box about the size to contain large playing cards. The topmost book catches his eye, a book bound in all-white cloth book with yellow lettering detailing titles and author: Alexander Roby is the author, the title is 'Der Wanderer durch den See' (which is German for 'The Walker by the Lake').

Mr. Roby speaks,
Latin,"Oh, I can speak quite good Latin, German, and reasonable French, as can my wife though she is only passable in Latin and German, better in French and Gaelic. Did you wish some time alone with these two? You seem quite stressed?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena smiles. "Yes, Doctor, I speak English."
French,[color=darkred]"French as well,"[/color] she adds.
"I'm Elena Orloff. It's a pleasure to meet you." She holds out her hand to Dr. Bedel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang frowns deeply as he reads what Elena has written, but just as he is about to remark on it, Dr. Bedel appears. Wolfgang quick hides his worry behind a stoic German mask and nods, welcoming the doctor.

"I zinking you will finding zis company polyglot to the ends of the earth, Doctor.", he smiles innocently, "you willing have to forgive my pronunciation, it iz long since I speaking ze English."

"I am Wolfgang Ritter, a doctor too, but of a more literary persuasion.".
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Raziel »

"Nice to meet you both." He says shacking both hands before turning to Mr Roby.
Latin,"And you two, as well Mr and Mrs Roby please feel free to stay."
"My name is Dr Fernand Bedel, I'm a German surgeon. I moved to France some years ago and has loved living there ever since. I'm on my way to Istanbul to assist their university and hospitals to update their surgical methods."

Return to “Social Cars”