Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

"Curiosity is a healthy thing and nothing to apologise for," says Mrs. Roby. "Great Britain and France are known to be rather puritan about art and creativity and are quick to denounce anything that requires an alternative mode of thought to correctly understand it."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"Hmm..." Parker said. "I do agree that curiosity is a wonderful thing. I once devoted myself to experiencing new things around Europe in my youth. Not exactly the same thing as your literary pursuits, but I hope that we still can understand what drives us both."

"I do admit that I am not the most scholarly of all individuals on this earth, so I do not understand what you mean by "alternative mode of thought." Would you care to educate me on this?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"A form of alternative spiritualism, in a manner of speaking, or alternative comprehension of the value and weight of the human soul upon expansion into the essential cosmos that belongs to us all." She smiles lightly, blushes a little. "I suppose in trying to explain it I must sound somewhat like what an esoteric physicist must sound. What I mean to say is that there are many layers to our reality that we are only now beginning to peel back. There is more weight and density to science, and more fragility in it, for the essential laws that abound in our little pocket of the universe, nay universes, are not necessarily the same laws that would be found elsewhere. Do you see?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Hmmmmm...." Parker mumbled softly. "I'm afraid that what you describe is beyond the scope of my understanding. However, I also do not see why anybody would be so perturbed by what you say that they would be willing to burn books to keep it from being known. Are you suggesting that the laws of physics that govern our reality may not apply to... to... other layers of this reality? I may not fully understand the knowledge that you are seeking, but if you are asking me, you are doing a good thing by choosing to seek these books," Parker said.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, it was considered quite heretical and, in a few cases, quite debauched," says Mrs Roby. "You have to remember that those on the forefront of science and philosophy are always rather unusual and eccentric. There was also quite a bit of pressure from the Christian front as these books discuss pagan deities as the embodiments of such scientific principles."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Still, it does seem to be mad to be burning books that one dislikes when others may long for it," Parker said, leaning back into his seat. "Say, my lady, I could no help but notice that a first class cabin staff was assisting me with my luggage when I boarded the train. Did something happen on board?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, a Nazi archaeologist called Schiller had a seizure and had to be put to bed by a German communist, a Russian likely communist, an upper class Brit and a German doctor. Oh, and a priest. It was quite the entourage, I can assure you."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"My word, what an unlikely gathering!" Parker lets out a laugh. "It must have been an awkward moment for all those involved," he said before lowering his voice.

"By the way, I noticed that the private car in this train was booked. Who could be riding in such luxury at such a time?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Regrettably, I have no idea. It's all very mysterious."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Fascinating. I would like to meet this enigma during the trip," he said. "Say, I take it that you are well read? Would you recommend any books for me to read in the future?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, perhaps you should go to the end of the train and knock on the enigma's door," says Mrs. Roby. "Then you could tell us all about it. As for books, my husband should be along shortly with some light reading materials for a few newfound friend of ours. I'm sure he'll have something that you could borrow. Can you only read in English?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Unfortunately," Parker said. "I was never gifted with language other than my mother tongue. Was more than a bit troublesome trying to travel around Europe."

He taps his forehead. "Although I guess I did pick up bits and pieces of Spanish. I can, for instance, say yo no hablo espanol. You have no idea how many arguments that phrase ends in Spain."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What does that mean?" asks Mrs. Roby pleasantly.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"I don't speak Spanish," Parker said. "Or at least I think. I didn't stay in Spain for long."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Do you think there will be war in Europe before we reach Istanbul?" asks a man, sitting down opposite Parker. "Oh, forgive my absent manners. The names Belanger."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh I certainly hope not!" Parker said. "I hope that there is no war. By Jove, I would hate to be stuck in the continent when a war breaks out."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, planning to go off to America, are you? Might need to get a hustle on. You never know when this powderkeg will erupt."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"America? Jolly no, it's all eagles there," Parker said. "I meant England, as it is physically separated from the continental Europe. I don't want to be trapped in a foreign place that I can't speak the language of because the war."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"True, who would want to be caught out in America?" asked Belanger. "There was a cowboy roaming about earlier. I think he took to his bed with train sickness. He lassooed a pickpocket on the Parisian train platform who was trying to pick another man's pockets."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Train sickness. Really. The mighty American cowboy taken down by a bloody train-sickness" Parker says, unable to hide his amusement. "And complete with a lasso too!"

Return to “Social Cars”