Stuttgart Platform

While the stops are often quite brief affairs and guests are encouraged to stay on the train unless departing it is possible for someone to take a quick stroll around the platform though do remember that most stops only take 1 - 2 minutes at a maximum. One can also always gazed out of the window and who knows what one might see? Each stop shall have its own thread as shall any countryside changes for those wish to remark upon them. When in doubt, the latest thread has what is currently visible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Stuttgart Platform

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart Station, 06:40
Wan sunlight appears over the horizon, sending a scattering of pink hues across the scudding clouds which pattern the skies overhead. Two German SS officers stand together, blowing on their hands and stamping their feet, cold despite their trench coats, while a third man in the outfit of a German Customs Officer stands a few feet away to one side. Finally a victualling clerk stands further from all of them, near where the Baggage Car will pull up, beside a stack of crates and cases ready to be hauled into the Baggage Car to feed them only the freshest produce. They watch the train enter the station.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Stuttgart Platform

Post by Laraqua »

There is a taxi cab parked on the car park on the opposite side of the platform itself. The driver leans against the cab, smoking a cigarette, and watching the train rather idly. (You would only see this if you look out the window on the other side of the compartments, i.e. the corridor windows).

The German porter says to one of the kitchen hands as he comes out of the baggage car,
GERMAN,"Listen, we must get this loaded up. I need to get home before they think to check my ID."
The kitchen hand nods,
GERMAN,"You are luckier than I am. I have to keep on with this train."
The German porter nods,
GERMAN,"I wish I could leave with you. Now is the time to find another job, I think."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

keeper,do I see the taxi driver as I go out of the train?)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Seon,You will if you step out of the non-platform side through the door on the opposite side of your compartment.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

keeper,...considering what I saw on my comportment side of the train I think that yes, I will exit on the taxi driver's side.
Noticing the taxi driver, Ambrose runs towards the car.
German,You there! Official business!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The taxi driver's lip twitches, and he throws down the cigarette, stamps it out and hops into the driver's side of the car. For one worrying moment, you wonder if he's about to drive off but no, he's not that stupid. He simply gets the car started and waits for you to thrust yourself into the back seat.
GERMAN,"Where to, sir?"

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Ambrose almost leaps into to the taxi car
German,Drive along the train tracks until I tell you to stop. And then you will take a very generous compensation, head to the nearest bar, get drunk, and forget that this thing ever happened. Fuhrer's will. Understood?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The taxi driver nods like a puppet with his strings pulled and drives speedily along the road by the tracks, heading onto the tracks themselves when the road kinks left out of the way. It doesn't take long until they start approaching the woods outside Stuttgart.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

German,STOP! Thank you for your time.
Ambrose hands over the taxi driver a large clump of money from his pockets without even bothering to count it.
German,You had best be off now. Now,I do not want a rumor of a crazy officer gallivanting about Stuttgart tomorrow, do you understand?

Keeper,Ambrose will now begin wrapping the explosive caps around the tracks as soon as the driver begins to pull away. Can we say that Ambrose gave away half of his spending cash right there? I realize I never specified it now.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Bribery,It'd be more suspicious if you gave him much money for it. You're SS. You demand, you do not ask. You'd be better off giving him the fare money and acting like that was the greatest kindness. You didn't shoot him. He should be pleased.
Regardless of the bribe, you hear the taxi driver quickly head off, eager to be rid of the place, as you set down the explosive caps.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,I am with you until the 'he should be glad you didn't shoot him part,' I don't think the Nazi SS were that casually cruel to the German citizens at least XD. Well, Ambrose isn't actually SS so maybe he can't really copy the casual cruelty part well.
Explosive caps in place, Ambrose jogs at a steady pace away into the woods. Here goes nothing.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Seon,You are right that the odds of being casually shot would be quite low but this is obviously black ops involving an upper class train in a manner that would be an international incident if it were known. After all, war hasn't happened yet. The man, judging by his anxiety, is also obviously not a 'good Nazi' judging by his fear so he would probably assume the worst to cover things up. He may not even have a Nazi Party Card! I never meant to imply that the average SS officer would shoot a man for this (especially so close to the declaration of war). I imagine the average SS would probably just think "It's for the Fatherland. Why would you expect payment?" and leave it at that. But anyway the taxi driver'll take the money and shut up because he's terrified anyway. Not that his opinion matters once you hit Istanbul.
The explosive caps have a timer which will give you two minutes before they explode. They go off without a hitch with a sharp Bang! Bang! Bang!

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,Knowledge Roll: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4513955/[/url]
Ambrose runs through the forest at a steady pace, pulling out a crumpled piece of poetry out as he did so. He used to play in the Stuttgart woods when he was little, but the forest was a place that never quite ceased changing. Exact directions were to be in vain, but basic hints towards the loot's location were possible. There, in the distance, was a hilltop that vaguely looked like a face in the morning sun. There was the little creek with stones made round by age.
German,Come on, you little bastard, where did I hide you?
Ambrose stopped over a small spring. It had to be close.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are no sounds of sirens or warning shouts from the railway tracks just yet. Someone will be bound to come along to investigate to see if some train were truly in trouble, though hopefully it would take the station some time to send out the mechanics to check.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Ambrose leaps down next to the spring and begins digging under a large gnarly oaktree. It was buried shallowly, as far as he remembered. This would only take a minute... hopefully.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It feels like it takes ten minutes to find the right spot, though he's sure it doesn't take that long, as he digs and scrabbles at the soil. Finally his fingers catch hold of what he needs. There! That's it.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Nodding in satisfaction, Ambrose begins his jog back towards the stopped train.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Keeper,What should I be doing right now?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,I'm giving others an opportunity to post but they're not online. We'll give them to Friday, yeah, then advance things to the train.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 07:10

It takes a full fifteen minutes to return to where the train stands in view. Unfortunately, it will be hard to circle around to the other side of it without being seen ... unless he wants to back track over the city streets. The SS officer's friend is still standing at the corner of the platform. A set of mechanics are hopping into their vehicle and setting off, likely to check for whatever caused someone to let off the three explosives further along the track. He has some time, at least.

Return to “Platforms”