Chalons-sur-Marne Platform

While the stops are often quite brief affairs and guests are encouraged to stay on the train unless departing it is possible for someone to take a quick stroll around the platform though do remember that most stops only take 1 - 2 minutes at a maximum. One can also always gazed out of the window and who knows what one might see? Each stop shall have its own thread as shall any countryside changes for those wish to remark upon them. When in doubt, the latest thread has what is currently visible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Chalons-sur-Marne Platform

Post by Laraqua »

Gare de Chalons-sur-Marne, 21:41
The air is cold and chill this late at night. The platform stands empty but for the porter who has safely ensconced their baggage in both their compartment and the baggage car. The train itself will soon shortly set off. Hopefully not before the pair and conductor who have stepped out onto the platform return. There is something so very impressive about the train at their backs. Although it is undoubtedly shorter than it would be during trips through more healthful times, it still stands high and long with that slight chugging of an engine at ease. The station lights barely puncture the gloom around the station, creating a wonderful image that would be all the better captured in watercolour.
Charles gives the conductor an angry look and the man reads it correctly, going over to stand silently by the doors to the first class sleeping car. Charles glares at her. "Next time don't go haring off. You embarrass and humiliate one more time and I won't be held accountable for what happens to you. Do you understand?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Chalons-sur-Marne Platform

Post by Kadael »

Lily's hands tremble and tighten on her sketchbook as she casts her eyes to the ground. "Yes, Charles. I-- I'm sorry, I promise I'll behave." Her voice is high and shaky, and her shoulders are hunched as though she's shrinking in on herself.
Last edited by Kadael on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charles relaxes, giving her a gentle smile. It looked like his foul mood wouldn't be as lasting as she may have feared. He reached out an index finger and raised her chin with it. "Now, now, you mustn't fret. How about we leave the conductor to get it all in order and head along into the Smoking Car. Hmm? Just don't gaze at those awful flyers on the way in." Yet he doesn't make a move to enter the Jeanette Sleeping Car. "I know you're excitable so while you're aboard the train, so long as you're good, you may stay up as long as you like."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily squirms uncomfortably at her brother's touch, but she straightens up and manages a thin smile. "Do you mean it? I promise you, I'll be on my best behavior!"

She glances in the direction of the silent conductor, then meets Charles' eyes. "I'm lucky you're watching out for me. I can't imagine what might be on those flyers, or who would put things like that up on a train like this." Her smile twitches with amusement, as though she's made some joke only she understands. "We should go before the train leaves us behind. Don't scare the other staff too much!"
Last edited by Kadael on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"They wouldn't dare leave us behind," says Charles. "Hmm, actually we'd better go inspect our compartment first. We need to make sure that those idiots didn't put our luggage in the wrong car by mistake. Besides which, I need to go let Miss Roasch know we boarded. It wouldn't do to leave her wondering." He gives her an appraising look. "It might be time to introduce you to some of my associates though perhaps not tonight." He takes her by the wrist and leads her over to the door to the Agatha Sleeping Car and the conductor who waits on the platform for them.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

With an obedient nod, Lily follows her brother into the corridor of the Agatha Sleeping Car.

Return to “Platforms”