Paris Platform Newspaper Stand

While the stops are often quite brief affairs and guests are encouraged to stay on the train unless departing it is possible for someone to take a quick stroll around the platform though do remember that most stops only take 1 - 2 minutes at a maximum. One can also always gazed out of the window and who knows what one might see? Each stop shall have its own thread as shall any countryside changes for those wish to remark upon them. When in doubt, the latest thread has what is currently visible.
jdd2035
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Re: Paris Platform Newspaper Stand

Post by jdd2035 »

Johnny tucked both his news paper and catalog under his arm as he kind of followed along wondering why Elena was getting on the train and so he asked again "So Ms. Elena why are ya gettin on the train?" He forgot that most people can't focus in many directions at once and shrugged a bemused smile on his face at the fast acting book worm.
Last edited by jdd2035 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
Nero
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Nero »

He smiled and listened with an intent look on his face while she talked. "Rare books, yes. I am a connoisseur, if you will. It comes along with the trade, reading and what not. As for types, all types really. I enjoy a good jaunt into philosophy and some anthropological studies. I am also quite well versed in emerging trends of European analytic psychology. It's really a hobby of mine." When the handshake was over he created a loop with his arm and spoke. "Shall we?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, let's go," says Elena, giving him her arm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Elena, Vergil and (perhaps) Johnny head toward the cafe with Elena and Vergil arm in arm. The newspaper stand resumes its moment of peace before more commuters and travellers inundate it's saleswoman.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Kiosque à Journaux, Paris, 18:45
This rather typical Parisian Newspaper Stand holds a variety of different European, and even American!, major newspapers for purchase by those about to board a train. While there will doubtless be a few newspapers available upon the train the selection here is much greater. The newspaper stand also happens to be run by a rather pretty looking woman in a red beret who seems somewhat uneasy by what is surely the usual hustle and bustle of passengers. Perhaps it's the nervous tension that seems to electrify the air - rising from the same topics that are the headlines on the newspaper. War on the continent with Germany can't be good for France at all. Most people who purchase the newspapers take a quick look and then take them with them with little comment which might be because of the stand's position on a busy thoroughfare or because the French are a little unnerved by the possibilities of the future. Much of Europe is still fatigued from the last war, after all. The current customers include a black family: two men (one with rather symmetrical scars on his face), an attractive woman and a little girl. They all look quite well-dressed and upper class.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Platforms”