The Orient Express Platform

While the stops are often quite brief affairs and guests are encouraged to stay on the train unless departing it is possible for someone to take a quick stroll around the platform though do remember that most stops only take 1 - 2 minutes at a maximum. One can also always gazed out of the window and who knows what one might see? Each stop shall have its own thread as shall any countryside changes for those wish to remark upon them. When in doubt, the latest thread has what is currently visible.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Orient Express Platform

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena lugs her valise towards the entrance to the Yennifer Sleeping Car. She takes out her passport and ticket while she waits for her turn to board.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jdd2035
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by jdd2035 »

Johnny looked around a bit one last time and made his way up the stairs "Yall want any help?" he asked Elena as he made his way into the car.
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Without much ado, Elena and Johnny are ticked off the checklist and allowed into the Yennifer Sleeping Car corridor before the others with their luggage.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Elena, "but I think that's why the porters are here. I don't think they'd want to miss the opportunity to earn a tip." She boards the train.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Rushing as fast he can without appearing indecent, a well-dressed man of means who appears to be approaching middle-age hurries to the line for the Yennifer car. A porter carries some luggage close behind. Fortunately for the man, he and his luggage manage to arrive before the train has departed Paris. Letting out a sigh, he tips the porter a few francs and the luggage is set down to be stored, with his personal items set aside to be taken on to the sleeping car.

The man is making sure his tickets and ID are in order when he notices the forlorn woman off to the side of the line. Stepping forward, he does his best to address her French, but does not have much success. He trips over the words, only coming out with gibberish vaguely consoling. Finally, he reverts to German:
Spoiler:
"Blast my poor French! Do you speak German? Is there something the matter?"
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman stares at him with a look of horror at his German and she turns somewhat away from him, her quiet crying becoming wracking sobs as she rubs at her eyes with a handkerchief, trembling uncontrollably and hurriedly says in broken German,
German Conversation,"Please, I sorry, please, I sorry! I sorry!"
OOC,Will resize when I'm on a computer that better allows my tricks.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

As people start boarding the Orient Express, a neatly dressed, middle-aged man appears on the platform carrying a leather suitcase in one hand and his boarding papers in the other.
He casually makes his way to the Jeanette car, checking his reservation every now and again as he passes the carriages.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Nero
Layman
Layman

Post by Nero »

He makes his way slowly over to the porter waiting in front of his assigned car and smiles as he approaches, ticket in hand.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The sleeping car attendant looks over his ticket. "You are in Compartment G, sir. Welcome aboard the Orient Express."

Vergil is allowed onboard the train.

Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Fearing that he has upset the young lady more than he's comforted her, Schiller frowns but does his best to communicate a sympathetic look. He composes himself and gives himself some pause as he tries to think about how to articulate himself in French, as it is fairly the woman is struggling with German. In French he says, slowly and clearly:
Spoiler:
"Mademoiselle, no need to apologize. Are you all right? Is there anything I can do? Are you lost?"
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang notices the odd conversation between the gentleman more akin to his age and the younger woman. He gives the man a knowing smile as he passes and wishes them both a good day in rather basic French, as he moves on to the Jeanette car.
French Roll (25%) to understand the conversation-FAIL,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Wolfgang's information is checked and he is allowed onboard the Jeanette Sleeping Car while the others arrive behind him.
The young lady speaks with eyes downcast and her mind abuzz,
Broken French,"I sorry, Herr, it nothing be. I have nausea and miss it. You very nice to check me. Thank you, Herr. Train leave so I go on."
She gives him an apologetic smile, picks up her case and hurries over to the Yennifer sleeping car with her head bowed.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

Fernand tries to analyse the woman's reactions but fails to decipher why she reacted that way to him. He approches them and asks.

In English,"Do you speak english? Where is you're home?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She turns to look at him and as she does her pupils, already dilated from tears and darkness, seem to dilate all the more until the irises almost vanish. She reaches out and grips his forearm, fingers digging in painfully until her knuckles go white, and even if he attempts to draw away he finds her grip vice-like and when she speaks to him she hisses from between closed teeth,
Latin Conversation,"There is none but how it was and will begun. They which wait and scamper between blue walls will tear to know your words and plead when blood calls forth but there is another who seeks to speak with you and will take and turn and pull you to a place where a thousand screaming Jews await the knife and squirm to live while you squirm to kill. If this be not the aim and call of that by which you travel and if your name is not to be known as alike and akin to Mengele you must flee this place lest fall to pretty eyes with darkened daggers poised to offer your soul squirming to that whose ankh squares your soul."
On that note, her eyes roll back to the top of her head and she faints, slumping toward the ground, her ticket loosing from her fingers (either of you may catch her if you please). The sleeping car attendant for the Jeanette Sleeping Car sees this and apologises to those waiting in line, asking them to wait a moment, while he comes over to help.

Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

With wide eyes he catches her as she falls and Checks that she is alright almost refelxively, before (asuming she is alright) he takes several steps back in shock.
German,Muttering, "how could this be, who is she, what does it mean."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang turns around in time to see the other man catch the girl. As he moves closer to help, he hears him speak German and answers in impeccable German himself.

German,Are you a doctor? Can I help at all? What does what mean?
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller nods politely as the upset woman speaks to him in broken French, and seems content to watch her head to the Yennifer sleeping car as he stays in line for the Jeannette car. Suddenly, the man with the closely cropped hair appears and asks the woman questions in English -- incoherent gibberish to the ears of Schiller.

When the woman sinks her nails into the man and begins hissing in some strange language, Schiller steps back startled -- not expecting such a reaction from an otherwise seemingly sweet young girl. The man catches the girl as she faints, and for some reason a man who had already entered the Jeanette sleeping car steps back out again. They both start conversing in German and, relieved to hear his mother tongue, Schiller joins in with them.
Spoiler:
"She told me she was suffering from nausea. She must be ill... Perhaps food poisoning? Most likely delirious."
He reaches down and picks up the woman's ticket, taking a look at it before handing it to the attendant who rushes over, motioning that it belongs to the unconscious woman.
Spoiler:
"Poor thing... A woman her age especially shouldn't be traveling alone. I believe she was headed to that sleeping car."
He points to the Yennifer car.
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Mouchinator »

A handsome man in his early forties strides through the station headed for the line to the Jeanette cars. He is dressed in a well-made wool suit in charcoal grey with a matching vest, a black tie and a crisp white pocket square. His hair is nicely styled and his oxfords shine when they catch a slash of sunlight coming in through the station windows. A pipe juts out from the side of his mouth leaving behind a thin trail of sweet-smelling smoke as he moves towards the train. He carries a dark leather briefcase in one hand and a heavy-looking suitcase in another. Clenched between a bicep and his ribcage is today's copy of the Paris-Soir, a story title of "Parlement britannique languit en raison de Chamberlain" is half obscured by his arm.

At the line, the gentleman puts down his brief and suit case at his feet and taps out the smouldering embers of his pipe into the nearby ashtray. He puts the unlit pipe back into his mouth and proceeds to read his paper while he waits for the line to move.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:,For some reason, I thought Laraqua was referring to my character when she said we could both catch the girl. To my demented mind's eye your characters had fused into one German. But well, since we're here now...:)
Wolfgang Ritter is a neatly dressed middle-aged gentleman. He wears dark green tweeds with leather elbow patches and decent shoes. There's a red, star-like badge pinned to his lapel.
KNOW-check,The red star symbolises the Popular Front, a broad coalition of leftist and center-left groups. The star was also borne in the flag of the International Brigades fighting against Franco.

Wolfgang looks from the close-cropped man to Shiller and nods his agreement.
German,[color=#0000BF]Indeed, perhaps the on-board should look at her at once. We'd best alert one of the staff. Wolfgang Ritter, by the way, from Munich.[/color]
Last edited by DrPeterson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller spots the red star pin on the man's lapel, but does not connect it to anything other than a flair for the decorative. He offers a smile and a handshake to the man in tweeds.
Spoiler:
"A pleasure, Herr Ritter. I am Dr. Gerhard Schiller."
He motions to the attendant who left the line to help tend to the fallen woman.
Spoiler:
"I am sure the staff will handle it. Alas, I am an academic, not a doctor of medicine."

Return to “Platforms”