The Orient Express Platform

While the stops are often quite brief affairs and guests are encouraged to stay on the train unless departing it is possible for someone to take a quick stroll around the platform though do remember that most stops only take 1 - 2 minutes at a maximum. One can also always gazed out of the window and who knows what one might see? Each stop shall have its own thread as shall any countryside changes for those wish to remark upon them. When in doubt, the latest thread has what is currently visible.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: The Orient Express Platform

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang seems genuinely pleased and returns your handshake.
German,[color=#0000BF]That is a pleasant surprise, indeed! So am I, or rather, so was I in a previous life. I used to teach German Literature at the University of Munchen.[/color]
A pained expression passes over his features for a moment, but he quickly shrugs it off.
German,[color=#0000BF]May I enquire as to your field of studies, Dr. Shiller?[/color]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Fernand can tell that the woman has simply fainted. She doesn't appear to be in any real distress. Her heart rate is fine, breathing fine, eyes constrict when he opens her eye lids ... everything seems just fine.

The attendant arrives and picks up the woman's ticket,
German with French accent to Dr. Fernand,"Is she all right? You appear to have some skill with diagnosis. Would you be a doctor and, if so, would you suppose that we should bring her onto the train or send for an ambulance?"
The woman's eyes flutter open and she struggles to stand,
Poor German,"I ... I sorry. I good."
The attendant helps her to her feet and repeats in English, French, and German,
English,French, German repeats,"Did you need an ambulance or would you like to go to your compartment?"
The woman states,
Poor French,"Train ... please I go on. I fine now."
The attendant helps her to stand and gestures for the attendant from the Yennifer Sleeping Car to come over to him, leaving the line over there to come and assist her to her feet.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller's expression noticeably brightens when Wolfgang mentions his academic past.
Spoiler:
"It's always a pleasure to meet another intellectual. As for my field of studies, I am an archaeologist, specializing in studies of the Near East. I was in Paris doing some research in preparation for an upcoming expedition in service to the Reich. It's very exciting."
Indeed, judging from the mirth in his demeanor, he truly is thrilled at the prospect.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang barely manages to refrain from flinching at the mention of the Reich, and he returns an almost warm smile.
Impeccable High German,[color=#0000BF]The Near East? Then you are doubtless headed to Istanbul as well. I look forward to discussing your plans and perhaps sharing a drink.[/color]
He looks at the rather reserved man with the close-cropped hair.
Impeccable High German,[color=#0000BF]The same invitation to you too, of course. But I see it is high time we boarded our train! I shall see you all later in the bar, I hope.[/color]
He bids adieu with a nod and boards the train.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Mouchinator »

While never taking his eyes from his paper, the well-dressed man with the pipe attempts to understand the German being spoken by the two other men near the Jeanette car.

Other Language: German - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4174439/

Failing to hear or understand, he then continues to wait until he may show his tickets and passport to board the train.
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller nods as Wolfgang departs.
Spoiler:
"A drink sounds lovely."
He then resumes his place in line to board the Jeannette car.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The cabin attendant resumed his position at the door to the train car and gave them both a friendly smile as they approached. Thus far the two Germans would be vaguely aware that an American couple has boarded their Sleeping Car just prior to the attendant coming over to look over the fainted woman. Now there appears to be three people - the two Germans and the pipe smoker - who appear to be boarding this Sleeping Car.
French to the pipe smoker,"Good evening. Passport and ticket, please. Ahh, Mr. Belanger, please come aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay with us."
The cabin attendant checks the two Germans' tickets and says,"Good evening, passport and ticket, please. Ahh Herr Ritter, Herr Schiller. My name is Monsieur Stephane Thayer and I will be your cabin attendant during your trip. I hope you have a pleasant stay aboard the Orient Express."
With that the three passengers are free to board the train.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Raziel »

Fernand seems thankful that after checking on the poor woman the other men seem to excuse the fugue he enters. Before he realizes the two gentleman have continued there conversation on to the train.
He turns to the attendant and says.
French,"Yes I am a medical doctor and she is fine. Would you help her board."

Before absentmindedly gathering his ticket and preparing to board the Yennifer car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Yennifer Sleeping Car attendant agrees to help the lady and goes over to enter Yennifer with the woman, leaving the rest of the people (including Fernand queueing up outside the car entrance while he assists her to a compartment, giving a brief apology to those waiting.

The Agatha Sleeping Car line seems to have all boarded though there is always the chance of a latecomer rushing up to catch it.

There are still three people waiting outside the Jeanette Sleeping Car. A Meditteranean couple also approaches that Sleeping Car, looking quite flustered and focused.

There are only a few minutes before the train is scheduled to depart.

Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Schiller boards the train, doing cartwheels in his brain but not in real life as he does so.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Just as a huge wave of steam is expelled from the engine in preparation for departure, there is a commotion up the platform as a small group of people attempt to push through the crowds of well wishers and train spotters. The head platform attendant makes a space through to allow a young man and three luggage-carrying porters to walk briskly to the train just in time. The young man turns, tips the head man and then climbs nimbly into the 1st class carriage with his porters trailing after him. They reappear soon after, looking fairly pleased with themselves, and turn to watch the wonderful sight of such a beautiful train pull away.

Return to “Platforms”