Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Private Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Corridor

Post by aine »

Cecil arrives from the other sleeping car and nods to Garcon. He notices yet more posters; his head reels and his stomach churns; he says to Garcon,"mind if I just rest here a mo, I feel lousy."
sanity roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4347201/]1d100=67, 1d6=1[/url]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Once Cecil has recovered he makes his way to compartment five and knocks on the door, "I'm glad there are no posters in here, ghastly things - it wouldn't do for a lady to see them." He says to Garcon while he waits.
Last edited by aine on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily enters the corridor without so much as a glance at anything around her. She puts her hand on the doorknob to Compartment 9's door and lets out a shallow exhale.
Keeper,Has Charles thought to have the compartment door locked?
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil, waiting outside compartment 5, turns round and watches the lady further down the corridor, then he says to Garcon, "Is Mr. Al-Rassam the Younger in residence do you know?" He nods to the door in front of him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Garcon unlocks the door for Lily before turning to Cecil. "Yes, he has just entered with another fellow whom I don't recognise. A British chap."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily barely acknowledges Garcon's presence at all, only flicking her gaze in his direction before stepping into Compartment 9 and shutting the door firmly behind her.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil looks alarmed, "Then why isn't he answering the door? I hope the old bean's tickerty boo." He knocks harder on the door, "Amadi, you old codger, shake a leg and open the door! It's me, Cecil!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Amadi Al-Rassam opens the door. "What's wrong, Cecil?"
Another fellow can be seen sitting on the bed as though it were still a couch.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil looks at Amadi with obvious relief and he is very surprised to see the other man. "Nothing yet but calamity is imminent. May I come in; I have some interesting... and alarming...propositions." Very quietly he whispers, a tad theatrically, "This Belanger fellow on the bed - is he friend or foe?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, I'd like to be considered a friend," says Belanger, holding out his hand. "My names is Charles, Charles Belanger. I recognise you, I think, Mr. Linscott though only dimly. Perhaps we've been in a similar line of work or attended a similar set of gatherings?"
Amadi Al-Rassam gestures for Cecil to enter and takes a seat to give the man some room to stand, even if they are pretty much now knees to knees. "I don't know this gentleman but he seemed to want to talk to me."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil enters compartment 5.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Paris, 23:15

There is a white marble ceiling above you with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time and thus you have to turn side on to allow others to squeeze past whenever there are two of you walking in opposite directions. The conductor sits on his chair, musing and watching those who enter the corridor.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

The door to Compartment 9 opens and Lily enters the corridor with a flying leap, managing to stay upright as she lands on her feet. She skips down to the sleeping car door with similar reckless abandon, her face devoid of any joy or enthusiasm one might expect.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The conductor politely averts his gaze to his clipboard.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil leaves compartment 5 and waits with Charles until Amadi is ready to leave towards the smoking car. He says to both of them, "I know you both think I'm a little batty but would you humour an old man? If any of us feel like we are walking into peril of some sort or want to alert the other two to some sort of dastardly mischie, can we use the word 'marmalade' as a codeword warning?" He shrugs. "It's all probably nonsense - but just in case..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charles turns and smiles at him. "Very well, then. Looks like there's something that's really got you worried."
Amadi Al-Rassam just smiles and shrugs. "Marmalade...."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil grins, "Mature or thin cut - your choice." He leads them towards the next sleeping car, nodding to Garcon as he goes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nancy, 00:17

There is a white marble ceiling above you with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time and thus you have to turn side on to allow others to squeeze past whenever there are two of you walking in opposite directions. The conductor sits on his chair, musing and watching those who enter the corridor.

The train has stopped at another station and the conductor is outside on the platform with the sleeping car door to the outside world left open. He's currently bent over, lifting an attractive woman's large suitcase. As those folks filtering through the passageway cross, they notice that she is peering dispassionately at them as they go.
Lily sees,that the woman's gaze sharpens the moment Charles stops looking in her direction. You don't believe anyone else caught it because you're behind him in the Conga line and therefore the only one with line of sight to him at that moment.
Cecil sees,that the woman's gaze seems to rake Lily's form in an oddly masculine way once Lily isn't looking at her. Lusty, perhaps? Or ... something else? It's hard to say. The only vivid part of her at this moment includes her eyes.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil notes the beautiful woman standing on the platform and points her out to Amadi. "There's a woman with fire in her eyes. I imagine everyday with her would be akin to playing Russian roulette - but it could be worth it. At least a man would die happy with her. I wonder what she is doing getting on here, in the middle of nowhere it seems." He turns to the attendant, "Arnaud, where are we? As in the station, nothing metaphysical what." He also takes note of which compartments the other passengers enter.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily looks away from the platform, staring resolutely at the opposite wall as she follows Charles.

Return to “Agatha First Class Sleeping Car 1 to 9”