Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Private Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Corridor

Post by aine »

"Oh, really? Yikes. I do apologise Miss er… sorry, have we been introduced yet? It's been such a night I can't remember. Old brain's got befuddled you know. Well, I'm Cecil Linscott, from compartment four. A pleasure to meet you even if it might be a second time around."
Cecil smiles and gives a short bow whilst still propping up the attendant in his chair. He looks in his early thirties, seems very English and is wearing a well-tailored suit but looks like he dressed in a hurry. "I say, have you been asleep all this time? Nothing odd been happening?" He's also wondering why a lady sleeping in the same cabin as her brother is wearing such a lovely nightdress.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

"I don't believe we've met, no, but I think I've heard your name mentioned. I am Lily Gavigan, and the pleasure is all mine, despite the strange circumstances." She smiles wryly.

"I have indeed been asleep, but I've heard of strange things happening. Seizures caused by obscene flyers and all that. I thought they'd all been taken down by now, though."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Oos, 04:30

The train rattles to a halt once more. The conductor sways in his seat but doesn't appear to be any closer to waking.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil peers out of a window to see if it is a normal looking station. "Well, this chap doesn't look he's going to wake at any time soon. Do you think it could be one of those seizures?" Cecil pulls at Garcon's body and lies him on the floor so he can breath safely. "Hopefully he won't choke or anything now. Is your brother still asleep, Miss Gavigan?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

"He must still be asleep, because he hasn't come looking for me yet." Lily shrugs, and glances down briefly at the conductor. "I don't know if there's anything we can do for him. I should probably be going back to bed."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil looks rather disappointed. Talking to a nice lady in a diaphanous nightgown has certainly topped his previous experiences this evening. "Um, quite, of course. So sorry to wake you, 'He that sleeps feels not the tooth-ache.' and all that. Maybe I'll see you at breakfast time?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Carlsrume, 04:57

Both feel their eyes grow momentarily heavy. Then it passes.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil shakes his head, "Lack of sleep." He mumbles and then walks down the corridor to Compartment 5 again. He turns to look at Lily, "At length I saw a lady within call, Stiller than chisell'd marble, standing there;A daughter of the gods, divinely tall, And most divinely fair." He says to himself under his breath. And then he steels himself and knocks on the door to Amadi's cabin.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is no response.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Damn it, man, I heard you snoring just a minute ago." Cecil tries the door handle. If it is locked, he'll try Garcon's pockets for a key.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 06:40

The door is locked. Garcon does have a key, however. As he fetches it, he notices that there's dawning light coming in from the windows outside. Boy, he'd slept longer than he'd thought!

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As Cecil approaches the unconscious man, the door to Compartment 6 opens.
"Oh dear," says Kliment, pulling his luggage out into the corridor. He has a slight Russian accent. "Please tell me he isn't unconscious or dead. Considering I need to give up my room in this car to an SS officer, I would hope we don't have a criminal case on our hands which could justifiably let the German government detain us." He pauses to look Cecil up and down, seeming to read nothing from his face. His eyes linger on the place where Cecil is hiding his gun, however. "You're not a murderer, are you?" He pauses, then deadpans, "Though that'd make the German investigations a damn sight easier."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil drops the key surreptitiously in his pocket. "You don't beat around the bush, do you?" He raises an eyebrow. 'No I'm not a murderer. And the chap is unconscious. I've no idea why but there's been some dashed odd occurrences happening on this train. Perhaps it's connected to one of those. I suppose you slept like a babe all night?" Cecil asks, a little enviously. He is rather worried about the german officer arriving. "This SS chappie - is he inbound imminently? They always mean trouble even when there isn't any. And where are you bunking instead? That's a bit steep, turfing you out."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, they were upfront about it all when I first booked in," said the man. "I don't mind. I wouldn't want to stand up to Adolf while passing through his terrain either." He looks at Garcon, then picks him up in a fireman's carry and takes him down the corridor. "Here, let me drag him into the bathroom. You can go out there say there was an incident in there that he's had to help with and that he'll be out shortly. Then I'll wear his costume for a bit. I speak decent German and French, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think the train manager would approve. Anything is better than an investigation!"

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil nods, 'Good thinking, what. Do you want to store your bags in my cabin until you get re installed? I'll loiter here and stall the officials!' He grins and leans nonchalantly out of the door window to view the upcoming platform.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

(Please don't read the Stuttgart Platform thread at this point)

The man puts the conductor in the bathroom and shuts the door behind him. At present the two SS officers are looking increasingly annoyed but barely look at Cecil when he gazes out at them.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a sudden series of gun shots, one after the other. At least, he's pretty sure they are gun shots. The two SS officers look at each other and then the one with the more elaborate uniform hurries to the open door of the train, pushing past Cecil unceremoniously while the other man heads to the end of the platform to peer down the track, gun in hand.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a sudden series of gun shots, one after the other. At least, he's pretty sure they are gun shots. The two SS officers look at each other and then the one with the more elaborate uniform hurries to the open door of the train, pushing past Cecil unceremoniously while the other man heads to the end of the platform to peer down the track, gun in hand.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

French,[color=#0000BF]'What's happening?[/color]'
Cecil asks the officer. If he ignores Cecil, Cecil will lean out as far as possible to see if he can see down the track but he doesn't leave the train.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The officer doesn't seem to speak any French and simply looks at him crossly before looking down the corridor in obvious search of the conductor. His eye twitches in obvious displeasure and suspicion when he can't see him.

Return to “Agatha First Class Sleeping Car 1 to 9”